So as Wrestlemania 30 is just around the corner...

supernatural1981

Pre-Show Stalwart
How about finding out which 5 matches you guys would love to see between any 2 superstars/tag teams in their prime, in ANY company who have competed in the 30 years that Wrestlemania has been around but have never faced each other???

When you think about it it is a tough choice but here are my 5

1: Shawn Micheals VS The Rock

Pretty obvious why i would of loved to of saw these two guys go at it at the biggest stage of all. Mr Wrestlemania vs The great one. Two of the guys that define the attitude era and two of the greatest to of step foot in a ring. Who would of won i will leave it up to you.

2: Bret Hart VS Kurt Angle

What a technical masterpiece these two guys would of had back in the day. Can you imagine a 1 hour iron man match between these two? It would of been possibly the greatest Mania match of all time.

3: Sting VS The Undertaker

Do i even need to point out why this match would of been the IWC's wet dream if it would of happened in both of these guys primes. It is a match that still has a tiny chance of happening but i would of loved to of saw this around 2002/3.

4: The Steiners VS The Dudleys

Now i know i might get slated for this choice but as far as i care these two teams are possibly the best two tag teams ever. They had great runs in every company they went in and won the tag titles in every one they went into as well.

5: CM Punk vs Stone Cold Steve Austin

The Straight Edge Superstar against The beer drinking rattlesnake. Two guys who would of gave 100% to of had the match of the night. The promos leading up to this alone would of been worthwhile.

so go on who would you of loved to of watched face off that have never been paired up before during the last 30 years???

I'd say my choices are:

John Cena vs Hulk Hogan for sure!

Kurt Angle vs CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan

AJ Styles vs John Morrison vs Dolph Ziggler

Undertaker vs Sting

Robbie E vs Santino for my pure enjoyment lol

bret vs angle
undertaker vs sting
dudleys vs lod
steamboat vs sean micheals
harly race vs hhh
andre vs big show
hogan vs austin
this is just a start and u did say in their prime

Angle vs Bret I agree with for sure, a submission match though... really would juice up the build up, sharpshooter vs ankle lock, best submission wrestler of all time it writes itself

Savage vs Cena is something id personally like to see, rather than hogan anyway. Just a personal thing, I always used to prefer randy over hulk. Better between the ropes, better on the mic and just all round so much more investable as a character. Plus you wouldnt get any of hogans stunts (ask HBK circa 2005).

HBK vs CM Punk, but 1998 Shawn, 2013 Shawn would be just eurgh. Old school Shawn vs Straight Edge Best in the World Punk would be a classic. Wouldn't even need a stipulation, the promos and build up would sell it as well as any extreme rules would.

Rock vs Taker in a match all about loyalty. Have rock come back. Taker comes out. Accuses Rock of using the industry to further what he wants, he's a liar etc. Sets up WM. Probably wouldnt live up to the last 4 WM taker matches but still would be insanely good. Plus it would draw... a lot.

Oh and the biggie. Cena vs Austin vs Hogan. 3 men, all wanting to prove that they headed the best era in wrestling history. It could even be viable. Austin and cena could cover hogans work load if they went for it. The match itself could be dire... actually it probably would be. But the atmosphere surrounding it, the build up and the pay off would be huge.

1)1997 Shawn Michaels vs 2011 CM Punk Cant miss. The mic work leading up this would be great. Not sure who I would want to be the heel/face though. Maybe a tweener feud.
or
1996 Shawn Michaeals vs Current Daniel Bryan This could be the greatest match ever if you got these two in their primes together.

2)1992 Bret Hart vs 2000 KurtAngle would be the big one for me. Obvious technical master piece. I just feel as though their styles would mesh well.
or
1992 Bret Hart vs Mid 2000s John Cena This is who Bret wants to work with out of the current roster. I always enjoyed Bret vs a bigger wrestler. Cena can deliver when hes with a great worker.

Id also like HBK/Dolph and Bret/ADR but ill leave them alone to advoid the post being a total HBK/Bret fest.

3)1990 Mr Perfect vs Current Dolph Ziggler two great athletes that I think would just mesh well together.

4) Wrestlemania 8 Main Event: Hulk Hogan vs Ric Flair My favorite wrestlemania ever but still would have been completely epic if they could have went title for title WWF Champion vs Real World Champion. Not sure if this count since they faced each other.....but never at mania

5)1985 Roddy Piper vs 1992 Randy Savage This would have been an awesome feud.

Good thread!

John Cena vs Hulk Hogan

Shawn Michaels vs CM Punk

Bret Hart vs Kurt Angle

Randy Savage vs Chris Jericho

The Road Warriors vs The Dudley Boyz

Could add 1000 more matches, but that is my 5!

2003 Hollywood Rock vs. Dolph Ziggler. Holy crap this would be the most oversold match in WWE history, but God this would be so entertaining. The charisma and athleticism between the two is ridiculous, and if the have good chemistry, their characters would spill out so beautifully on screen.

2003-2004 Unmasked Kane vs. a prime Abyss. I love both characters and always saw them as counterparts, but I'm removing Kane's mask here. Unmasked Kane was so much more demented to me, and will always be my favorite character of the Ruthless Aggression era. Add in Abyss and you've got a Monster's Ball.

Sabu vs. Jeff Hardy. How did WWE not go for this match when they had the opportunity? This would be absolute CARNAGE! I love it. Only thing is someone might get seriously hurt here. But could you imagine the spots here?

AJ Lee vs. Trish Stratus. As much as AJ reminds me of Lita, I'd rather see crazy AJ vs. the absolute BITCH of a heel Trish was circa the mid aughts. Psychologically, I'd lose my shit watching this match.

2011 Mark Henry vs. Attitude Era Stone Cold. I know this seems like a random size mismatch, but this would be a brawl I'd love to see. Imagine the IDGAF antihero facing off the equally not giving a flip Hall of Pain inductor in a No Hold's Barred, Parking Lot Brawl or Last Man Standing Match. It's not going to be a technical masterpiece, but hot damn this would be a hell of a fight.

My dream match is the one I almost got at WM IV, Hogan vs Ted DiBiase. It would've been Hogan's best match of his career.

The other match was a classic that did happen and came close to being one of the best of all time... if it wasn't for the botch at the end: Lesnar vs Angle. Re-watch it. Still a great back and forth match that the crowd loved.

For a consolation prize, I really wanted to see Lex Luger face Bret Hart. I thought the storyline was heading that way, but it never happened. (Yes I know it won't be a popular pick, but Luger was over and the match would've been more interesting than Yoko vs Bret with Hogan stealing the show at the end.)

So close, but so far.

I'll give an international flavor to my dream wrestlemania

Hayabusa vs aj styles

The british bulldogs vs doug williams and nigel mcguiness.

Shawn micheals vs marafuji

Cm punk vs stone cold

Kurt angle vs bret hart

Good thread!

John Cena vs Hulk Hogan

Shawn Michaels vs CM Punk

Bret Hart vs Kurt Angle

Randy Savage vs Chris Jericho

The Road Warriors vs The Dudley Boyz

Could add 1000 more matches, but that is my 5!

How the hell did i forgot about that one....now excuse me i've got to go hit my head on the wall 100 times for that sin lol

Stone Cold vs. Randy Orton (in total, psycho heel mode)

HBK vs. Brock Lesnar

Hulk Hogan vs. John Cena

CM Punk vs. Randy Savage

Sting vs. The Undertaker

I'm going to go with a full card, because I'm hella creative and I will not let your silly 5 match stipulation stifle my creativity.

Hulk Hogan vs. John Cena
Goldberg vs. The Ultimate Warrior
The Big Show vs. Andre The Giant
The Hardys vs. The Dudleys (real ECW era) vs. E & C vs. RVD and Sabu vs. The Miz and Jomo in a TLC match
Chris Benoit vs. Daniel Bryan
The APA vs. The Road Warriors
Santino Marella vs. Ernest "The Cat" Miller
CM Punk vs. Jake "The Snake" Roberts
Taz (real ECW era) vs. Ken Shamrock

1.Hulk Hogan vs Steve Austin
2.John Cena vs Hulk Hogan
3.CM Punk vs Randy Savage
4.Shawn Micheals vs Daniel Bryan
5.The Dudleys vs The Sheild vs E&C in a TLC match
Honourable mention goes to:Steve Austin vs Brock Lesnar with Paul Heyman

This has always been a subject I love to discuss.

Bret Hart vs. Kurt Angle - This is probably the most obvious one, just because they're the 2 best technical wrestlers I've ever seen.

Hulk Hogan vs. Stone Cold - What an absolute rush it would get from the crowd. Even more than heat than Hogan/Rock got at WM18.

CM Punk vs Randy Savage - These are probably my 2 favorite wrestlers of all-time if you put a gun to my head and made me choose 2. I'm sure it would probably be Punk's dream opponent if he was asked this question - Macho or Austin.

Undertaker vs Sting - 2 of the darkest characters in wrestling history. Imagine Sting in his "Crow" era against Taker in a buried alive or casket match. Wow.

Chris Jericho vs Mr. Perfect - 2 more of my absolute favorites of all-time. It would be nothing short of a 5-star match.

Some honorable mentions:

Shawn Michaels vs. Ricky Steamboat
Dudley Boyz vs. Road Warriors
Triple H vs. Ric Flair
The Rock vs. Ultimate Warrior
Mr. Perfect vs. Roddy Piper
The Outsiders vs. Demolition
Owen Hart vs. Eddie Guerrero
Mick Foley vs. Jake Roberts
British Bulldog vs. Chris Benoit

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online