Fantasy Booking: Wrestlemania Edition

Gallops77

Pre-Show Stalwart
I saw this on a group I follow on Facebook, so I decided to post it here.

You can book a Wrestlemania using any CURRENT or FORMER WWE star. They do NOT need to be active (or alive even) and any match type. Do 6-8 matches.

Here's mine:

60 Minute Iron Man Match
CM Punk vs Bret Hart
(I just like the potential build of this match. A Bret Hart circa 1996/1997 vs CM Punk during the height of his WWE Title run would be epic I think. The Best in the World vs The Best There Is, The Best There Was and The Best There Ever Will Be. Bret wasn't be best at promos, but Punk could carry the load here and give for some memorable moments. Not to mention the quality of the match would be awesome.)

Daniel Bryan vs Shawn Michaels
(Bryan the face vs Michaels the heel. Student vs Teacher. They could tear down the house with a back and forth contest.)

Ladder Match
Edge and Christian vs The Hardy Boyz vs The New Day vs The Usos
(All the guys in this match who could do some awesome things in a ladder match would give this a huge reaction. 2 Attitude Era teams with high flyers in a ladder match and 2 present era teams with high flyers who could pull off some crazy spots)

Sting vs Undertaker
(Sting circa 1997 vs Undertaker circa 1997. In a perfect world, the streak would still be alive and would be the first time since the streak was truly acknowledged that Taker faced someone we legitimately thought would beat him. The mind games between these two at those points would be awesome.)

The Rock vs Brock Lesnar
(The Rock vs Brock Lesnar is a match that of all the matches on this list, is the most likely to actually occur. Obviously not this year, but possibly next year. They have had 1 match in their careers at the 2002 Summerslam. The build with Heyman hyping up Brock and The Rock going back at him would make for awesome tv.)

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs John Cena
(Austin circa Attitude Era vs John Cena is something that could be an awesome feud, especially if Cena were to be a heel and be Vince McMahon's puppet.)

Triple H vs Bruno Sammartino
(Just because)

These are just matches that I would like to see.

CM Punk vs Eddie Guerrero
Open with a technical match to get the fire blazing. Maybe have Rey Mysterio as a special guest referee to build off his previous feuds with both.

Shawn Michaels vs Daniel Bryan
Too hard to argue against this dream match. And I would have it for the IC Title with Bryan defending against HBK.

Andre the Giant vs Undertaker vs Goldberg
Not sure how the work rate will go or if Undertaker can carry them to a great match. But a 20 year "Undefeated" Streak vs a Wrestlemania Undefeated Streak vs a 180+ "Undefeated" Streak is great selling point. I imagine it would be like the Ambrose vs Reigns vs Lesnar triple threat, where Undertaker and Goldberg need to team to take out the Giant before working on each other.

Legion of Doom vs Dudley Boyz
Two of the most decorated tag teams of all time deserve the Wrestlemania platform to wage their war for the Tag Team Titles.

John Cena vs Stone Cold Steve Austin
This would be the Number One Contender match for the follow up PPV. The Boy Scout vs Rattlesnake.

Bret Hart vs Kurt Angle
This one is one of my all time dream matches and I would have a US Champion Olympic Hero defending against the Canadian Hero.

"The Immortal" Hulk Hogan vs "The Living Legend" Bruno Sammartino
This one is my WWE/WWF title match in the main event. Bruno carries the belt against a challenging Hulk.

I wanted to limit to only one triple threat match b/c then it gets too crazy and Wrestlemania 2000 didn't live up to the hype. B/c of limiting the multi-man madness I couldn't think of a spot for The Rock, HHH, Macho Man, Ultimate Warrior, Ric Flair, Sting, Batista, Randy Orton, Jericho, Benoit, etc. I had an Odd Couple tag team match idea of HHH/Rock vs Flair/Sting, but it didn't really catch my imagination and throwing them in to a Battle Royal didn't seem right either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back