So a sherriff was waiting for me at my house...

Ty Burna

Getting Noticed By Management
And delivered a summons to me for child support.

My girlfriend has her address listed as with her parents in another town still, so the government decides to go after me for child support, and I also come to find out my girlfriend didn't file the paperwork to deny child support.

I don't think I've been simultaneously pissed and paranoid all at the same time before like this. My daughter is barely 2 1/2 months old and they already trying to hit me up for money, when other dead beat dads who don't take care of their kids don't get bothered for months for child support. Hell my girlfriend's niece's dad hasn't paid a fucking cent in child support and my girl's niece is already 3 or 4 years old already.

I have my daughter under my health insurance plan, I pay for her food, where she lives, everything, yet because my girlfriend is fucking over the system trying to get benefits for a couple more months, I'm getting summoned by the court. I don't know who to be pissed at, why I should be pissed, I'm just pissed.

I have to say this is where the government sometimes fails in the legal systems. They should really check their paperworks and get background checks before sending summons. I mean, if you take care of her... why should you pay child support?

Anyway, hope it works out.

Hope this all works out for ya Ty, and, hopefully your girlfriend will do the right thing and file the appropriate paperwork, to stop the proceedings.

Ty, this really sucks. The system is designed to protect the mom's regardless of the situation. I have a male friend who pays a ridiculous amount of child support yet he has joint custody. And the mom used her frist child support check to buy a big screen TV.

Jesus Christ, this is why the system sucks. Things are going to get ugly, but as long as you have it documented that you're already paying for all of this, everything should hopefully work out. You've got her under your insurance, and you're paying for her living expenses. You're doing everything right.

Best of luck to you, and keep us posted as to what's going on. You've got our support.

Oh just a quick update on this lil situation I had, all is good, my girl took care of the situation, no more government pressing me for money, at least not over my daughter anymore. Much appreciation for the support though, thank you.

Atleast it's YOUR KID!! I've seen stories about guys who just live with someone that has kids and when the mother moves out he's stuck for child support. Also, I've seen storeis of when a guy gets a dna test done and it PROVES he's NOT THE FATHER, he still gets stuck paying child support because the govt has him listed as the dad.

Atleast it's YOUR KID!! I've seen stories about guys who just live with someone that has kids and when the mother moves out he's stuck for child support. Also, I've seen storeis of when a guy gets a dna test done and it PROVES he's NOT THE FATHER, he still gets stuck paying child support because the govt has him listed as the dad.

The government would only have him listed as the dad if someone DECLARED HIM AS THE DAD. If he signed the birth certificate, for instance. Or if the mother says he is the father. The government doesn't go around assigning random titles of "Mother" and "Father" to people.

Ty, I feel for you, and I'm happy your "situation" got resolved. However, this isn't the time to be hating on the government for making sure children are cared for, as Big J seems to believe. It's the father's responsibility to pay for child support unless the mother denies such payments, and the government was making sure that you upheld your end. I understand you do, and I have the utmost respect for the fact that you do when so many other single mothers fight tooth and nail to get support from their ex-spouses, but understand that the government is trying to make sure that your child is cared for. And until today, they thought that she wasn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back