Smackdown Live 5/30: Hardbody Maharaja Era continues

But there was only one brand and world title back then too, and looking at Smackdown's other options for a heel world champion...
Owens? He's US champ.
Rusev? Injured.
Miz would've been great but he was moved to Raw. I won't even go into Wyatt.
Corbin? Hardly a better choice considering his booking.
Ziggler? See Corbin.
Granted booking isn't the greatest excuse since Mahal was jobbing 2 months ago but still.

Actually Rusev isn't injured. He was going to come back and challenge Orton at MITB but they went with Mahal instead, leaving the crack creative staff to come up with a new return story.

Orton could have kept it a bit longer and things would have been fine. I don't have an issue with Mahal becoming champion but you have to win SOMETHING before you're just thrown into the World Title. It can work very rarely if someone has a special quality but that's not the case here.

Actually Rusev isn't injured. He was going to come back and challenge Orton at MITB but they went with Mahal instead, leaving the crack creative staff to come up with a new return story.

Orton could have kept it a bit longer and things would have been fine. I don't have an issue with Mahal becoming champion but you have to win SOMETHING before you're just thrown into the World Title. It can work very rarely if someone has a special quality but that's not the case here.

They went with Mahal instead of Rusev.
Ah. No excuse then.
#PushRuRu

Well you see, superkicking someone for a pin gives you a speed boost that helps you climb a ladder. Don't you see that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back