• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Slammiversary - Matt Morgan vs Sting

Harthan

Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
Morgan has laid down the challenge - he wants in the Mafia, and Sting says that if he beats him, Morgan gets in.

Now, of course Morgan is going to win this match. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Matt Morgan is the next big thing for TNA. He is the main eventer of tomorrow. He is the total package, the future world champion, whatever you want to call him - he's the man. This is the start of his main event push, one can only hope. Morgan is great in the ring, great on the mic, has the look, has the voice, has the gimmick, he is everything he needs to be to be great.

If TNA drops the ball and jobs Morgan out to Sting, I may stop watching their programming.

Morgan should and all reason says will win this match. Hopefully, this means that he'll be more than an enforcer for the Mafia - hopefully, he becomes the crown the jewel. What Orton and Batista were to Evolution, I hope Morgan is to the Mafia. I'd love to see him tag with someone in the Mafia - maybe Nash, the big man of yesterday with the big man of today - and win the titles as a tester. He could feud with AJ to get the Legends title back in the Mafia. And then, eventually - sometime soon, but not to soon - push him at the world title. He can hold it. He can kick ass with it. He can be the man for TNA.

The match itself, I think will be good. Morgan works great matches with the right opponents, and hopefully Sting can deliver on his part of the bargain.

I can only hope this ends with a Carbon Footprint right into Sting's painted face for the 1, 2, 3 and Morgan beginning his rise to the top.

Beings how Sting has been my favorite wrestler since the early 90s, I'd usually be rooting for The Icon to pick up the win.

But this is one of the few times I can't. I'm going to have to agree with you, Matt Morgan should be the next big thing for TNA Wrestling. At this point, TNA needs to put Morgan over. Before long, all the older main event wrestlers will be gone and TNA will need more then just AJ, Joe, and Daniels at main event status.

I also agree with you that a feud between Morgan and Styles for the Legends Championship would be good for Morgan.

Lets hope that TNA makes the right decision here.

Wish I could agree with you guys but I cant. If it was a match with nothing on the line but getting Morgan over I would root for him to win all the way but simply put he would ruin the MEM's image. He is the next big thing, the future, not a former champion.

Scott Steiner: 2 time World Heavyweight Champion
Kurt Angle: 9 Time World Heavyweight Champion (WWE, WCW, TNA, and IWGP)
Kevin Nash: 6 Time World Heavyweight Champion
Booker T: 6 Time World Heavyweight Champion
Sting: 13 Time World Heavyweight Champion

Where does Matt Morgan fit in that? Simply put, he doesn't. I would love to see him beat Sting, just not with a place in the Maphia on the line.

I can see where you are coming from with the fact that it would destroy the Mafia's image.

If TNA does not put Morgan over this Sunday, then what I would like to see is a feud between Morgan and the Mafia. Which if done correctly, at the end of the feud, could put Morgan over big time. TNA could be taking this route, as last week we already saw tension between Morgan and Angle when Morgan helped Angle pick up the win over Sting.

We'll just have to see where they go with this.

After iMPACT! tonight, I have to go with the Stinger in this one. If it was just A spot in the Mafia, I could see Morgan winning, but if I understood it correctly, Sting said if the Blueprint wins, he would get STINGS spot, which I am assuming means the godfather of the mafia, and I just cant see Morgan being put in that position. My guess is they will have Kurt interfere and cost Morgan the match due to last weeks show, but you never know, they may have Sting do it cleanly, which although I like the Stinger, Morgan needs the momentum and losing as a result of interference wouldnt hurt him quite as bad.

After iMPACT! tonight, I have to go with the Stinger in this one. If it was just A spot in the Mafia, I could see Morgan winning, but if I understood it correctly, Sting said if the Blueprint wins, he would get STINGS spot, which I am assuming means the godfather of the mafia, and I just cant see Morgan being put in that position. My guess is they will have Kurt interfere and cost Morgan the match due to last weeks show, but you never know, they may have Sting do it cleanly, which although I like the Stinger, Morgan needs the momentum and losing as a result of interference wouldnt hurt him quite as bad.

Thats exactly what i interpreted, if Morgan Wins he takes Stings place in the mafia. For that reason i can see Sting winning but i really hope its due to interference or Matt gets put over cos he needs to be pushed not buried.

Ideally i think Sting should win but come out and say something along the lines of "Matt you impressed me, I'm gonna give you another chance, Beat Steiner on Impact and your in the Mafia". That way Sting keeps his place in the mafia and Morgan gets his push.

EDIT: After a little bit of a think bout ther whole situation and a lightbulb moment reading other posts elsewhere (so its not an entirely original idea), how about this: Kurt Angle is pissed that he lost the leadership to Sting... so how about a situation where Angle collaborates with Morgan to get Sting out of the Mafia by interfering and costing him the match. Morgan gets his place as enforcer in the MEM, Angle gets the leadership back leading to another Angle / Sting feud but away from the title picture so someone else can have a title push.

If Morgan wins this match, then it will only prove that the only criteria to be considered a member of the Mafia is to headline, I don't know, a pay per view or two in the WWE.

You know what, I take that back. I'm not even sure Matt Morgan has headlined a pay per view for the WWE. I'm not even sure if he's ever wrestled a one on one match at a pay per view. I'm not sure if Matt Morgan has ever beaten anyone of any sort of consequence whatsoever. I'm not even sure if Matt Morgan deserves a pay check from TNA. I'm not even sure if Matt Morgan should have been born...

Ok, perhaps that was harsh. Still, this is merely some fodder for Sting to play around with... I hope. After all, isn't this supposed to be his retirment run? Isn't this his last bang, before he retires for good? Why would they have Sting job at a small pay-per-view like this? I know that TNA brass probably likes Matt, and thinks he has potential. But seriously, if Matt Morgan becomes a member of The Main Event Mafia, they might as well sign Bastion Booger, and give him a fucking spot in the MEM, too. This just doesn't seem like a win-win position for TNA right now. If Sting wins, they'll have buried their giant for no reason. That is, unless he gives an extremely good showing, and gives Sting a good run for his money. If they have Matt go over, though, it's going to prove that the MEM really has no true qualifications to it, and that they'll just take any old wayward soul that spent enough time in WWE to have a match or two.

The only thing I can hope is that TNA is thinking remotely logically here, and decides to have Sting go over in a well contested match with many near falls. Otherwise, I have the following names I could suggest TNA sign to make members of their Main Event Mafia...

reigns.jpg

557000_7c410ab365_m.jpg

Shane-Douglas.jpg

Oh Wait....

I agree with Kip about the hole situation. I think Kurt is going to get payback on sting cost him the spot and therefore they sting could lead Aj, Joe back into the situation after Slammiversary.

idk Morgan is the next big thing, hopefully he breaks up the MEM so the year long boring storyline can die.

If Morgan wins this match, then it will only prove that the only criteria to be considered a member of the Mafia is to headline, I don't know, a pay per view or two in the WWE.

You know what, I take that back. I'm not even sure Matt Morgan has headlined a pay per view for the WWE. I'm not even sure if he's ever wrestled a one on one match at a pay per view. I'm not sure if Matt Morgan has ever beaten anyone of any sort of consequence whatsoever. I'm not even sure if Matt Morgan deserves a pay check from TNA. I'm not even sure if Matt Morgan should have been born...

Ok, perhaps that was harsh. Still, this is merely some fodder for Sting to play around with... I hope. After all, isn't this supposed to be his retirment run? Isn't this his last bang, before he retires for good? Why would they have Sting job at a small pay-per-view like this? I know that TNA brass probably likes Matt, and thinks he has potential. But seriously, if Matt Morgan becomes a member of The Main Event Mafia, they might as well sign Bastion Booger, and give him a fucking spot in the MEM, too. This just doesn't seem like a win-win position for TNA right now. If Sting wins, they'll have buried their giant for no reason. That is, unless he gives an extremely good showing, and gives Sting a good run for his money. If they have Matt go over, though, it's going to prove that the MEM really has no true qualifications to it, and that they'll just take any old wayward soul that spent enough time in WWE to have a match or two.

The only thing I can hope is that TNA is thinking remotely logically here, and decides to have Sting go over in a well contested match with many near falls. Otherwise, I have the following names I could suggest TNA sign to make members of their Main Event Mafia...

SO many things silly here. First of all, no, Morgan didn't headline PPVs because he got a Festus-like gimmick. He got the stuttering gimmick they initially wanted BROCK LESNAR to have, but management talked Vince out of it. Also, this isn't WWE so it doesn't matter what they would do. They've only had the same 5 people headline every PPV in the last 2 years.

Slammiversary isn't a "little" PPV, it's one of their big 4, like SummerSlam or Survivor Series. That's one of the reasons I'm sure Shane Douglas was even brought in to be on the card, to bring back nostalgia and help Daniels get over and gain exposure. That being said, Sting vs Matt Morgan is more for Matt Morgan than it is for Sting.

I honestly thing that it'll either be very close, and Sting wins, or something happens with Angle, which I think is very unlikely. Also keep in mind that TNA changes stipulations regularly, so it could end up being just for a spot in the Mafia, not Stings spot.

I don't see Matt Morgan winning this match and Sting giving up his position in the MEM so quickly. I think Morgan, though, will give Sting one hell of a fight and Sting will have to earn this win, but in the end experience wins over youth, size, and power. I think this will serve as the stepping stone for Morgan towards main-event status. At least I hope it does because to this point I'm not sure if TNA knows what to do with someone of Morgan's talent. Let's face it, the guy is 7 ft. 330 lbs, is good on the mic, is athletic, strong, fast, and very intense and nasty. To me, he is a larger version of Goldberg and if TNA doesn't use him properly, then they have made a huge mistake because this guy could go to the top and be there for a long time. If they won't do it as a singles wrestler, then sign Nathan Jones and have him and Morgan team up to go after the tag titles. TNA, at least do SOMETHING with Matt Morgan. He's too talented.

The main event mafia could have been good but they have ruined it so many times. Morgan would be a good person for the mafia except for the fact that he hasn't held a world title. I think kurt, steiner, nash, and booker t are going to screw sting over because of what happened to them at the hands of Samoa joe. think about it, sting is the leader and they all got beat up even though sting said he had an idea. Not only that but angle wanted to attack joe right away and nash, steiner, and booker all agreed yet it was over ruled by sting. So i could see morgan winning and sting face off against the mafia. I could also see the mafia getting bigger with morgan entering, because then it would mean more people besides world champs could be members, NWO anyone?

If it was just A spot in the Mafia, I could see Morgan winning, but if I understood it correctly, Sting said if the Blueprint wins, he would get STINGS spot, which I am assuming means the godfather of the mafia, and I just cant see Morgan being put in that position.

The one thing I genuinely appreciate about TNA creative is their total lack of commitment to logic and consistency. It makes things interesting, at least occasionally infuriating, and you get to see things you don't expect because in all likelihood you sometimes get to see things THEY didn't fully expect.

Now, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Sting had simply spurted that out with neither he nor creative really guessing the interpretation, and the ensuing implications, of such a statement. I, propably like most of you, WOULD see Morgan in a generic MEM role but in no way see him in Sting's Godfather role. So, unless things suddenly got really good and somebody's really been planning ahead, that little tidbit will probably just be forgotten and it'll simply be for a random MEM spot.

I somewhat like Morgan, more and more each day actually and that is saying much considering I've never been high on standard giant jackasses. There are a lot of them out there but few have been really good. So far, he's looking at least decent. His in-ring work is getting better and better and he has some presence both in and out of the ring. I firmly believe he might play a very big role in TNA's future and that is why he should logically win this match. If you're going to push him, now is the time to definitely put him on the map. After all, Angle has been able to drag a pretty decent match out of Morgan so there should be hope that Morgan has the potential to be good in the ring with most people.

Interesting match-up here. I would want Morgan to win so that he can get into the main event itself but not so much the main event mafia just yet.... I see Sting somehow sneaking in a win.

Dagger Dias prediction: STING
_

I'm of two minds about this match given what happened in the rest of the PPV. If Joe hadn't turned I would have been pissed that Morgan lost because it seemed they were building him up massive. But since Joe has joined the Mafia, I can understand Morgan not winning because there will be too many members. I don't know where Morgan goes from here. Maybe a feud with Rhino or somebody else. I hope he doesn't get lost in the shuffle because I actually think he has potential.

I don't think Morgan will get lost in the shuffle. There are many routes he can take at this point.

One of those could have him possibly feuding with the MEM. With Morgan being upset that MEM wouldn't allow him in but let Joe in just like that.

Impact these next few weeks should be very interesting. I'm pretty excited.

Also, I just wanted to say that I was worried how the Morgan/Sting match would end, but was actually pretty satisfied with the match. TNA did a good thing by not having Morgan job to Sting. It took 3 finishers from Sting to finally put Morgan down. Gives credibility to the fact that in good time Morgan will be a big time player in TNA.

They actually said last night that holding a world title wasn't a rule to be part of the MEM, that above anything it's respect, so Joe in it, or Morgan, wouldn't be insulting to the "caliber" of the MEM, it's more just a coincidence...according to what West said last night

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back