• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Matt Morgan - MEM Master?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
I worked hard on that alliteration and you will recognise it!

So, yeah, on 'iMPACT!', Sting told Morgan that, if Morgan can beat him at Slammiversary, then Morgan gets Sting's place in the Mafia. I don't know if this has had any sort of build up (I try not to watch TNA - me finds it keeps the voices away) but hey, why the fuck not?

I'm supposing that would mean Morgan would be leader, seeing as how Sting thought leadership of a shitty little stable was more important than the world title.

Obviously, Sting will win. Morgan should though. Just for the reason that it'd come out of completely fucking nowhere. If TNA isn't going to try to be good, they could at least try to be surprising, or at the very least completely nonsensical random.

The Family Guy strategy, if you will.

Personally, I think Morgan is pretty much average. That MEM shirt looks nice though, so he might as well have his own.

I've never bought into the Matt Morgan hype. He's a fairly talented and agile big guy but he has zero charisma. He's just another Test in my book.

Matt Morgan is someone I think has potential. I sometimes find myself comparing him to Kevin Nash and in my opinion, with the exception of mic work, Morgan is a far superior worker than Nash. Nash has always been this clumsy, barely able to move 7 footer that's used politics rather than ability to make himself a big name. Morgan is pretty quick and agile for a guy his size and he has a pretty good look to him. He's big and well defined, but he's doesn't look like some roid popper.

That being said, I just can't see Morgan in the MEM, let alone leading it. Let's face it, the guy hasn't accomplished shit in his career. Put together, the members of the MEM have a total of more than 30 world title reigns between them. Shit, even Scott Steiner won the WCW strap. It was when WCW was circling the bowl and couldn't be pulled out by Superman and the Hulk combined, but he still won it. If he were to beat Sting, however, it'll elevate his career overall but I just wouldn't buy into a near 33 year old neverwas leading the most well known stable in North American wrestling today. But, then again, I don't buy into most things that TNA does.

He's just another Test in my book.

My thoughts exactly, I never liked him ,his work in the WWE was nothing special and not far from being bad.

His work in TNA is also nothing special but not so close to being bad but to average.

He might be agile and all that but he has no charisma.
Ok it would be surprising but would anybody tune in to see Morgan lead the MEM rather than Sting ? Maybe but I believe not.

I havent watched this weeks iMPACT, bear with me. It'd be interesting, there is actually a lot they could do with this, a bunch of Main Eventers being bossed around by a guy who's practically nobody, more dissention in the ranks.

Where would Sting go? That's another angle they could do with it, Sting just plodding around all dejected, well even more-so.

Matt Morgan just needs to give up on TNA and go back to the WWE....I'm sure Vince would utilize his talents better this time around!
I really doubt WWE would give Morgan a third chance to make a name for himself. His first run in WWE only lasted about a month, and his second run involved him in a stupid stuttering gimmick. I think TNA is better for Morgan than WWE. Even though he hasn't gotten many title opportunities, I believe he will be a champion in TNA someday, possibly the World Champion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back