Should the WWE hire Bryan Danielson?

TSG

Too Sweet To Be Sour
So, Bryan Danielson's Ring of Honor contract recently expired, and now Danielson is free to roam. So my question is, that, now that he is free, should the WWE think about hiring him? My opinion is that they should. To begin with, I think that his mic skills have improved vastly over his time in Ring of Honor, and that he is developing quite a nice personality for himself, especially when working as a heel. He gets over with thr Ring of Honor crowd very well, so with a little work and a few tweaks he could work very good in WWE, And this isn't even touching the mans in-ring abilities,w hich are extremely good. The man can put on masterpieces in the ring, and I've seen matches were he has gone well-over an hour. Just think of the match possibilities. Kofi vs. Danielson? Swagger vs. Danielson? Mysterio vs. danielson? Jericho vs. danielson? Edge vs. Danielson? Punk vs. Danielson? So many possibilities, because he is such a fresh face. I think he would prove a very valuable superstar for the WWE, and that he should be hired immediatly.

Anyway, that is just my opinion, but what do you think. Should the WWE hire the "American Dragon" Bryan Danielson? Discuss.

Absolutely not. What would the WWE need with another jobber? Danielson is a nobody, and always will be. Furthermore, the strong rumors are that Danielson wants to do MMA, so there's no chance the WWE wants to pick him up.

In today's heavily wrestling-focused WWE, one's in-ring skills are ranked as much more important than one's mic skills. That is a ROH wrestler's dream-come-true. We don't really have a lot of great mic workers in the company, and to be frank, not that many guys even talk on the mic anymore, anyway. Only the Main Eventers really get mic time, anymore.

With that in mind and given Danielson's wrestling talent, he would make a great fit for today's WWE and would undoubtedly produce some outstanding matches. Hell, WWE needs wrestlers these days, as evidently, not enough of them can live up to WWE's rigid standards in the quality matches they expect out of their performers.

It couldn't hurt. I'm not going to go out on a limb like I'm sure some will and say that Danielson could be the next big thing or something though, because that's something I highly doubt. Danielson reminds me quite a bit of a mid-90s Jericho or Benoit. Loads of talent in the ring, but probably won't be main eventing any time soon. Than again, Benoit and Jericho both ended up becoming main eventers, though that was after quite a bit of time. Danielson has still got quite a ways to go before being able to be taken seriously as a legit WWE main eventer. Not a slight to the man, because he's wonderful to watch work, but ROH is still the small time, whether we smarks like to admit it or not.

I'd say yes to your original question though, as it really couldn't hurt the WWE. They've got a whole slew of their top wrestlers preparing to retire over the next few years, and the time to start building tomorrow's main eventers was yesterday. The WWE sees this partially atleast and has started to push guys like Morrison and Punk, and thank god for that. Relying too heavily on "what works" with established main eventers is what turned a promotion like WCW practically into a senior citizen's home. Hiring a guy like Danielson who's shown success in the indies and testing him out couldn't hurt, so I see no reason why they shouldn't. I'm sure the entire IWC would collectively orgasm at his debut, myself included.

How did I just know Sly was going to be on this thread like white on rice?

Absolutely not. What would the WWE need with another jobber? Danielson is a nobody, and always will be. Furthermore, the strong rumors are that Danielson wants to do MMA, so there's no chance the WWE wants to pick him up.

He would be in no way shape or form be another jobber Sly. He would be built gradually for mid-card upon his debut, fight in the mid-card with great matches and fueds before someday getting a main event nod. But if he does want to do MMA, more power to him, but I believe he would be a great move for the WWE.

I agree with you completely.Indy is where he belongs.If he was on WWE roster right now he wouldn't be doing anything different than what The Brian Kendrick is doing right now.I don't even think he can be a solid midcarder in WWE because of his size(Don't give me Bourne and Rey examples they have one thing that Danielson does not have being over with the crowd)Even if he burst his ass off I can see him nowhere above than a midcarder which is a serious doubt.He is probably right now the most over wrestler in ROH(I've watched some of his matches from HDnet and he was crowd favorite)So leaving from ROH is the most stupid move Danielson can make(I don't know if he is still with ROH or left)WWE should in no shape or form hire Danielson and Danielson shouldn't go to WWE.

Hire the guy, put him in a serious feud right away, and see how the crowd goes with him. He's a solid guy, and wasn't he the ROH World Heavyweight Champion some time back?

He would be in no way shape or form be another jobber Sly.
Sure he would. He is a pale skinned short man, with a bland look and mediocre charisma.

He most certainly would be a jobber.

He would be built gradually for mid-card upon his debut, fight in the mid-card with great matches and fueds before someday getting a main event nod.
HAHAHA, not even close. What does he have that Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase, John Morrison, The Miz, Mark Henry, CM Punk, Rey Mysterio, Kofi Kingston, Evan Bourne, etc. do not? The answer is nothing. Rhodes and DiBiase have a superstar look and family ties. Morrison has a great look. Miz is excellent on the mic. Henry is a badass, Punk has a unique gimmick and look, Kofi is incredibly athletic, Bourne can do high-flying...what does Danielson bring to the table?

He doesn't have a unique look, he's small, doesn't have bulging muscles, doesn't do fancy aerial moves...he's a boring in-ring worker, who is able to get over in front of wrestling fans who like to pretend they know more about wrestling than they really do.

Danielson would be little more than a jobber.

Why would they do a silly thing like that? I mean, on one hand I guess it couldn't hurt the WWE, but they have a load of Danielson's already. Honestly, the only people that care about him are the 5 ROH fans and internet people. I don't think I'd even heard of him before joining the forum, and I'm sure the same's true for a lot of WWE fans.

The problem I have with it is when people talk about him they only talk about his in ring style. I have never seen him but from what I've heard he can wrestle rings around most of the current roster but so could a certain Dean Malenko. What did he achieve in the WWE? In the WWE he was little more than a jobber. Sure he can have a good match but he had no hype and most of the crowd didn't care about him. He needs the right look and be extremely charismatic to get over. Doing a lot of ground based wrestling moves won't get him over, especially with today's crowds who mark over high flying spots the most. It doesn't seem viable for the WWE to purchase him.

They really shouldn’t. He’s not going to come in and be some big star or a moderately big star that some people would like him to be, and that has nothing to do with Vince burying talent he didn’t create. What does he have the the WWE generally looks for in a wrestler? He has nothing that the WWE is looking for is the answer. He doesn’t have the look the WWE generally looks for in a wrestler, his mic skills are nothing compared to some of the guys they have, and he is boring. He can wrestler circles around whoever he wants but it isn't going to matter because he is still going to be boring. You can deny it all you want, but most of today’s fans aren’t looking for wrestlers like Bryan Danielson. They want guys like Evan and Kofi. Bryan isn’t like either one of them or like a lot of the other wrestlers on the roster that people are entertained by. It’s very simple; he’s not what most of today’s fans want or what the WWE wants. They could hire him but he’s not going to make much of a difference so there really isn’t a point in hiring him.

I like Danielson and feel he IS a better in ring worker than 95% of the current roster. I don't want him to go because I feel he'll end up getting overlooked and ultimately buried unless he was on ECW.
I wouldn't be to shocked if it happened though, Danielson is friends with quite a few wrestlers in the WWE lockerroom including Shawn Michaels, if Michaels put in the word for him I guarantee he would get hired because of Michaels backstage influence.

Raw has been having about two more matches per episode the last two weeks which means they may be trying to build some young talent. I like Danielson and think he would be a good pickup.

Sure he would. He is a pale skinned short man, with a bland look and mediocre charisma.

He most certainly would be a jobber.

Wrong, he may not have the best look, but his mic skills have vastly improved, plus he can outwrestle most in the WWE.

HAHAHA, not even close. What does he have that Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase, John Morrison, The Miz, Mark Henry, CM Punk, Rey Mysterio, Kofi Kingston, Evan Bourne, etc. do not? The answer is nothing. Rhodes and DiBiase have a superstar look and family ties. Morrison has a great look. Miz is excellent on the mic. Henry is a badass, Punk has a unique gimmick and look, Kofi is incredibly athletic, Bourne can do high-flying...what does Danielson bring to the table?

He has better (or at least equal) mic skills then Rhodes, DiBiase, Bourne, and Henry. He has better in-ring skills than any name you mentioned right there with the exception of Morrison, Punk, and maybe Kofi. He would make a great superstar.

He doesn't have a unique look, he's small, doesn't have bulging muscles, doesn't do fancy aerial moves...he's a boring in-ring worker, who is able to get over in front of wrestling fans who like to pretend they know more about wrestling than they really do.

He is a very talented in-ring worker. His in-ring ability is no different than Benoit, Malenko, Angle, and Flair, and they were four of the greatest of all time. You never have complained about them. With a little tweaking of the character and a little bit more work on the mic skills in FCW, he could be a great talent for WWE if they signed him.

Danielson would be little more than a jobber.

I think I just proved that he wouldn't be.

Wrong, he may not have the best look, but his mic skills have vastly improved, plus he can outwrestle most in the WWE.
Do you actually think it matters if he can outwrestle most in the WWE? The correct answer is no, it doesn’t matter. WWE isn’t a company that looks solely for their wrestling skills and ability; they look for many other things. They search for wrestlers with a good look, charisma, who are entertaining, and many other things. Bryan Danielson only has one thing that the WWE looks for and that’s talent. And guess what, talent really means nothing for the most part. He wrestles a boring style that no one really wants to watch.
He has better (or at least equal) mic skills then Rhodes, DiBiase, Bourne, and Henry. He has better in-ring skills than any name you mentioned right there with the exception of Morrison, Punk, and maybe Kofi. He would make a great superstar.
But you know what the things all of those wrestlers have that Danielson doesn’t? There are many things they have that Danielson doesn’t as a matter of fact. First, all or most of those wrestlers have charisma. People actually want to watch most of them wrestle and see what they can do. Another thing most of them have is the fact that they are entertaining. Let’s see what else do they have? Ah yes, they don’t bore a WWE crowd to sleep. He wouldn’t make a great superstar in the WWE; he just doesn’t have the qualities that make a good or moderately good superstar.
He is a very talented in-ring worker.
Again I say, this doesn’t really matter if that’s all he has.
His in-ring ability is no different than Benoit, Malenko, Angle, and Flair, and they were four of the greatest of all time.
But guess what? 3 out of 4 of those wrestlers have charisma. People wanted to actually see them wrestle and they were entertaining. Danielson doesn’t have charisma and is boring.
You never have complained about them. With a little tweaking of the character and a little bit more work on the mic skills in FCW, he could be a great talent for WWE if they signed him.
In the WWE talent and mic skills isn’t all there is to it. And I’ve already explained that. He is still going to be the same old Bryan Danielson he was in ROH and he is still going be someone that fans wouldn’t like because he simply cannot and would not satisfy the majority of fans in the WWE.

Do you actually think it matters if he can outwrestle most in the WWE? The correct answer is no, it doesn’t matter. WWE isn’t a company that looks solely for their wrestling skills and ability; they look for many other things. They search for wrestlers with a good look, charisma, who are entertaining, and many other things. Bryan Danielson only has one thing that the WWE looks for and that’s talent. And guess what, talent really means nothing for the most part. He wrestles a boring style that no one really wants to watch.

What a ridiculous statement ST. There are plenty of people who enjoy watching Bryan Danielson wrestle. In-ring skills may not be the ultimate deciding factor in hiring a wrestler, but it most certainly plays a very large part in that. The only time the WWE completely doesn't care about wrestling skills is if you're a freak-of-nature giant like Khali or something.

But you know what the things all of those wrestlers have that Danielson doesn’t? There are many things they have that Danielson doesn’t as a matter of fact. First, all or most of those wrestlers have charisma. People actually want to watch most of them wrestle and see what they can do.

Again, ridiculous statement. Plenty of people pay good money to see Bryan Danielson, if something is met with success in the indies what's to say they couldn't have success in the majors? Isn't that how it works? That's how the WWE chose their talent for decades, picking up hot wrestlers from the indies.

Another thing most of them have is the fact that they are entertaining.

Another ridiculous statement. Danielson has never been exposed to a major TV audience like the WWE has, how exactly do you know the fans wouldn't be entertained by him?

Let’s see what else do they have? Ah yes, they don’t bore a WWE crowd to sleep.

...HE'S NEVER WRESTLED IN THE WWE. You can predict the future now ST?

He wouldn’t make a great superstar in the WWE; he just doesn’t have the qualities that make a good or moderately good superstar.

Really? What exactly is Danielson missing that someone like a Chris Benoit had? You're using the same arguments people were making against Benoit for years, and he ended up a World Champion now didn't he? The fans have supported purely technical wrestlers many times, it's not like a guy like Bret Hart was exactly a beacon of charisma.

Again I say, this doesn’t really matter if that’s all he has.

Chris Benoit's career would beg to differ.

But guess what? 3 out of 4 of those wrestlers have charisma. People wanted to actually see them wrestle and they were entertaining. Danielson doesn’t have charisma and is boring.

Again ST, who are you to proclaim that Danielson is boring? Have you ever seen the man wrestle? I'm sorry but if you don't enjoy quality in-ring wrestling action, than I don't know what the fuck you watch wrestling for in the first place.

Many people find Danielson entertaining in the indies. There's no reason he shouldn't be given a shot in the WWE, just start him off minor league like everyone else and see if he can jump off. He can't, oh well, you let him go, no harm done.

In today's heavily wrestling-focused WWE, one's in-ring skills are ranked as much more important than one's mic skills. That is a ROH wrestler's dream-come-true. We don't really have a lot of great mic workers in the company, and to be frank, not that many guys even talk on the mic anymore, anyway. Only the Main Eventers really get mic time, anymore.

With that in mind and given Danielson's wrestling talent, he would make a great fit for today's WWE and would undoubtedly produce some outstanding matches. Hell, WWE needs wrestlers these days, as evidently, not enough of them can live up to WWE's rigid standards in the quality matches they expect out of their performers.

Yeah but all Danielson has is good in-ring skill. You need more then that. You're right about there not being a lot of guys with great mic skills, but the guys who don't have them are able to offer other things like charisma or a good look. Danielson has very little charisma, and he is one of the most bland looking wrestlers I have ever seen. He's basically a modern day Bob Backlund. And even Backlund was at least crazy so that was something that added to his character. If the WWE signed Danielson he would be nothing but a low mid card guy at best.

Right. Well. Danielson to the WWE.....why not? I find him incredibly boring, but I also find Shelton Benjamin incredibly boring. And he's been stealing paychecks from the WWE for how long?

If Danielson is brought in, I don't know what will happen with him, though. He's only been tested in front of ROH fans. ROH fans will cheer anything if it can mat wrestle for 50 minutes. He'll most likely get the usual treatment and come in at the mid-card. He'll get a few feuds, and we can see from there. To say he'll definitely make it in the mid-card and eventually main-event when he's really no more interesting than the other mid-card workers we have now is silly. It's jumping to conclusions in the worst sort of way.

What a ridiculous statement ST. There are plenty of people who enjoy watching Bryan Danielson wrestle. In-ring skills may not be the ultimate deciding factor in hiring a wrestler, but it most certainly plays a very large part in that. The only time the WWE completely doesn't care about wrestling skills is if you're a freak-of-nature giant like Khali or something.
Yes, there are plenty of people who like to watch Bryan Danielson wrestle. But, will it be the same if he joined the WWE? My guess is that there would be a portion of fans that might enjoy his style but there would also be a large portion of fans that wouldn’t enjoy it. I’m not saying that in-ring skills don’t play a factor in deciding whether a wrestler gets hired or not, but what I’m trying to say that it’s not the only thing that the WWE looks for in their wrestlers. Unfortunately, for Danielson, he doesn’t have all of the qualities that the WWE usually looks for.
Again, ridiculous statement. Plenty of people pay good money to see Bryan Danielson, if something is met with success in the indies what's to say they couldn't have success in the majors? Isn't that how it works? That's how the WWE chose their talent for decades, picking up hot wrestlers from the indies.
A lot of those wrestling fans who pay good money to see Bryan Danielson, do so because that’s what they like to see. A lot of today’s wrestling fans who watch the WWE do not enjoy watching his style of wrestling anymore. There are still people who do enjoy it, but not as many people as there have been in previous years.
Another ridiculous statement. Danielson has never been exposed to a major TV audience like the WWE has, how exactly do you know the fans wouldn't be entertained by him?
I’m not saying everyone wouldn’t be entertained by him, but most of today’s fans of the WWE would much rather see someone jump around the ring and launching themselves off of ladders. There’s still those people who would want to see it most definitely, there just aren’t as many people as there were before.
Really? What exactly is Danielson missing that someone like a Chris Benoit had? You're using the same arguments people were making against Benoit for years, and he ended up a World Champion now didn't he? The fans have supported purely technical wrestlers many times, it's not like a guy like Bret Hart was exactly a beacon of charisma.
But, Bret Hart still had charisma, Danielson doesn’t. Like you said he might not have been a beacon of charisma, but he still had charisma. Adults and kids alike liked Bret Hart. They might not have him liked him as much as guys like Hogan, but he was still very well liked nonetheless.
Also, times have changed. A lot of wrestling fans don’t want to see purely technical wrestlers who are gifts from god. A lot of fans want to see guys who will make them pop and cheer, for example Jeff Hardy.
Again ST, who are you to proclaim that Danielson is boring?
I’m a wrestling fan. X, who are you to proclaim he isn’t boring?
Have you ever seen the man wrestle?
Yes, I have seen him wrestle a few times.
I'm sorry but if you don't enjoy quality in-ring wrestling action, than I don't know what the fuck you watch wrestling for in the first place.
I don’t enjoy watching Danielson. I didn’t say I didn’t enjoy quality in-ring wrestling action, I indicated that I don’t like watching Danielson because he doesn’t entertain me. Which bring me to my next point, I watch wrestling to be entertained, which is something Danielson hasn’t been able to do. Maybe if you can find me some of his best matches that I might not have seen, then I might be somewhat entertained. But from what I’ve seen, he hasn’t entertained me.
Many people find Danielson entertaining in the indies. There's no reason he shouldn't be given a shot in the WWE, just start him off minor league like everyone else and see if he can jump off. He can't, oh well, you let him go, no harm done.
I’m not saying he shouldn’t be given a shot. If someone is passionate about wrestling and it’s something they love doing, then they should be allowed a shot to make it to the big leagues. I’m just saying he isn’t someone that I would tune in to watch because he doesn’t entertain me. It doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be given a shot just because I feel this way.

That’s my response. If you do respond then I will probably respond later as I will be going out to but somethings.

I think that Bryan Danielson is a fantastic pro wrestler. He has great in ring ability, is decent on the mic, and he was incredibly over with the ROH fans. Possibly the best, most influential wrestler in ROH history. That being said, I don't think the WWE should sign him.

Danielson doesn't have the all important "look" that the WWE is looking for. He is an undersized, average looking guy. How many people like that have gotten over in the WWE? He just doesn't have the star factor or charisma that Vince is looking forever. If I remember correctly Danielson actually had a try out match on Velocity a few years back. It didn't work out well for him and he wasn't signed. I don't see what has changed since then. I think Danielson would be more suited on the independent scene or in MMA.

HAHAHAHAHA

No, he can't. Just because he does a bunch of fake looking chain wrestling that hasn't been relevant since the 50s, that doesn't mean he can outwrestle most in the WWE. The fact of the matter is that he's a below average wrestler, who relies on exploiting ignorant and conceited wrestling fans to get over.

He has better (or at least equal) mic skills then Rhodes, DiBiase, Bourne, and Henry.
But doesn't have NEAR the marketability. Not even close. He doesn't have the family ties like Rhodes and DiBiase, nor is he anywhere near as good looking. He can't fly like Bourne, and he doesn't kick ass like Henry. At BEST, he'd be Jamie Noble part two.

He has better in-ring skills than any name you mentioned right there with the exception of Morrison, Punk, and maybe Kofi. He would make a great superstar.
Please. Not even close. You don't seem to grasp the fact that the wrestling he does in ROH doesn't come close to the type of wrestling they do in the WWE. Danielson is not a WWE wrestler...hell, he's a poor ROH wrestler. Sure, he's better than most in ROH, but that's because ROH is full of talentless hacks that aren't fit to shine the boots of the real traditional wrestlers that they attempt to emulate.

Take, for example, Ricky Steamboat. Danielson's style isn't that dissimilar to Steamboat's style. But, he doesn't come CLOSE to being able to work a match like Steamboat could. The workrate simply isn't there, the believability isn't there, and the ability to move from spot to spot seamlessly and believably is not there.

He is a very talented in-ring worker. His in-ring ability is no different than Benoit, Malenko, Angle, and Flair, and they were four of the greatest of all time.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

First of all, his in-ring ability doesn't come CLOSE to touching any one of those four. Second of all, Malenko was boring, Angle is a spot monkey, and Flair is a notorious overselling routine wrestler. You're not helping yourself in the least with this argument.

The only one of those that I would consider a true great in-ring worker would be Benoit, and Danielson isn't fit to spit shine Benoit's wrestling boots.

You never have complained about them.
The fuck I haven't. I've long called Malenko boring, Angle a spot monkey with terrible in-ring psychology and Flair one of the most overrated in-ring workers in history. Ask any of the members who have been here for a while, they'll tell you.

With a little tweaking of the character and a little bit more work on the mic skills in FCW, he could be a great talent for WWE if they signed him.
As I said, they don't need any more jobbers.

I think I just proved that he wouldn't be.
How so? You admit he doesn't have a good look, you compare him to a guy who was boring, a guy who is a spot-monkey, and a guy who is a notorious overselling routine worker. His wrestling style doesn't fit the WWE style, and he's not even good at the style he works in ROH, certainly not compared to someone like a Ricky Steamboat, or even someone like a younger Dustin Rhodes.

Danielson in the WWe would be a waste of everyone's time.

Lol... I bet every single one of you who say Danielson wouldn't make it said the exact same thing about CM Punk when he signed with WWE. "Only ROHbots like him, he can't wrestle nothing but an indy style, he doesn't have the right look, blah, blah, blah." And all of you were wrong. Hell, I bet no one even thought Matt Sydal would've ever receive the push he's received. The fact is... anything's possible in WWE, and Danielson definitely has enough talent, personality, and backstage etiquette to make something of himself in the company. Anyone who thinks different is completely, 100% wrong.

As far as if WWE should sign him... why not? What exactly could it hurt? Nothing, that's what. It's not some huge risk. If they like what they see, then they gain something from him. If they don't, then they release him... no harm is done in the process, so there's no point in at least giving him a try, IF he wants to join the company that is.

Lol... I bet every single one of you who say Danielson wouldn't make it said the exact same thing about CM Punk when he signed with WWE. "Only ROHbots like him, he can't wrestle nothing but an indy style, he doesn't have the right look, blah, blah, blah." And all of you were wrong.
That's not true at all. I said CM Punk sucks...and so far, I've been right. He's been a piss bucket draw, the WWE doesn't trust him to wear their title, and he's yet to produce a match that one can point to as great.

Hell, I bet no one even thought Matt Sydel would've ever receive the push he's received.
Danielson doesn't have anything to offer like Sydal does. The WWE already has William Regal, Jamie Noble, Dustin Rhodes, Brian Kendrick...all of which can work the style that Danielson works.

The fact is... anything's possible in WWE
Not really...

and Danielson definitely has enough talent, personality, and backstage etiquette to make something of himself in the company. Anyone who thinks different is completely, 100% wrong.
Oh really? Then how come the WWE has yet to make him an offer worth enough money to have him come work for them?

Am I to believe you know more about wrestling than those who work in the WWE?

As far as if WWE should sign him... why not?
Because they already have enough jobbers? Because he wants to do MMA?

That's not true at all. I said CM Punk sucks...and so far, I've been right. He's been a piss bucket draw, the WWE doesn't trust him to wear their title, and he's yet to produce a match that one can point to as great.

I'm sure you also said that CM Punk would be nothing more than a jobber in the company when he first signed. Am I right? Don't lie, Sly.

As far as that other stuff goes... pure opinion. Many people would highly disagree. If Punk sucked that much, than his pushed would've stopped after the first title run, but WWE has obviously been impressed with him. To take your quote... Am I to believe you know more about wrestling than those who work in the WWE?

Danielson doesn't have anything to offer like Sydal does. The WWE already has William Regal, Jamie Noble, Dustin Rhodes, Brian Kendrick...all of which can work the style that Danielson works.

Danielson is ten times the promo cutter Sydal is, has way more charisma, and is a way better worker.

And Danielson isn't just a mat wrestler, Sly. He can do high spots too, he can sell, he can do anything WWE would want him to do... I'm sure of it. He has not shown otherwise thus far in his career.

Oh really? Then how come the WWE has yet to make him an offer worth enough money to have him come work for them?

Am I to believe you know more about wrestling than those who work in the WWE?

It's always been rumored that he was offered the same contract that CM Punk and Samoa Joe were offered. CM Punk went, Joe went to TNA, and Danielson stayed on the indies. So, yeah... since Danielson doesn't come off to me as a lying asshole, I would assume that he has been offered enough to go, but just didn't want to.

And besides, if WWE weren't interested at all in him, then they wouldn't have gave him a match last year where he went over someone who was receiving a push.

Because they already have enough jobbers? Because he wants to do MMA?

You can't be so sure he would be a jobber though. That's not a sure thing. Nothing is in WWE.

And if Danielson ever signed a WWE contract, that would mean he would want to wrestle for them more so than he wants to pursue MMA. He wouldn't abandoned them like Lesnar did.

I'm sure you also said that CM Punk would be nothing more than a jobber in the company when he first signed. Am I right? Don't lie, Sly.
No, I didn't, I hadn't really seen much Punk when he debuted. Furthermore, they debuted him in probably the BEST place they could have, in front of fans that were going to give him heat.

So, no I didn't.

As far as that other stuff goes... pure opinion. Many people would highly disagree. If Punk sucked that much, than his pushed would've stopped after the first title run, but WWE has obviously been impressed with him. To take your quote... Am I to believe you know more about wrestling than those who work in the WWE?
And if he had done good, don't you think he would have been champion longer? John Cena was champion for over a year, Triple H for 9 months or so. What about Punk?

Danielson is ten times the promo cutter Sydal is, has way more charisma, and is way a better worker.
Who cares if he's a better promo cutter? Sydal doesn't cut promos, he goes out and gets over by doing fancy aerial moves.

But, Danielson isn't a good promo cutter. Sure, he can rile up 300 nerds in Philadelphia, but put him in front of 10,000 fans every Monday night, and he's going to bomb worse than Jeff Hardy.

And Danielson isn't just a mat wrestler, Sly. He can do high spots too, he can sell, he can do anything WWE would want him to do... I'm sure of it. He has not shown otherwise thus far in his career.
But, he can't make a living doing high spots, and his selling is terrible, both in short term and long term. He's not a WWE style wrestler, and he's not a good traditional style wrestler.

It's always been rumored that he was offered the same contract that CM Punk and Samoa Joe were offered. CM Punk went, Joe went to TNA, and Danielson stayed on the indies. So, yeah... since Danielson doesn't come off to me as a lying asshole, I would assume that he has been offered enough to go, but just didn't want to.
I've never heard he was offered the same money, but he was offered a contract at the same time. But, why did Danielson stay? Because he knew he wouldn't make enough money in the WWE to overcome what he would make on the indy circuit.

And besides, if WWE weren't interested at all in him, then they wouldn't have gave him a match last year where he went over someone who was receiving a push.
Last year huh? When was the last match he worked for the WWE?

You can't be so sure he would be a jobber though. That's not a sure thing. Nothing is in WWE.
What does Danielson have that Jamie Noble does not? Please elaborate.

And if Danielson ever signed a WWE contract, that would mean he would want to wrestle for them more so than he wants to pursue MMA. He wouldn't abandoned them like Lesnar did.
LOL

What??? How can you possibly say this? This is pure assumption, and given the history of guys like Lesnar and Lashley, not a good one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back