• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should the WWE bring back a WWE cartoon?

CM Steel

A REAL American
Doesn't anybody remember Hulk Hogan's Rock 'n' Wrestling?
Hulk Hogan's Rock 'n' Wrestling was an American animated television series that originally aired on CBS Saturday mornings from September 14, 1985 to December 6, 1986, with reruns airing until June 27, 1987. It was our reason for getting up outta bed on a saturday morning.

Even though we live in a era of wrestling where we see face & heel-turns more often now. Should the WWE bring back a WWE cartoon? WWE stars like John Cena, Chris Jericho, and Rey Mysterio have featured on show's on the "Disney XD" network. Could the WWE work out a deal with Disney to air the cartoon there or atlease somewhere else?

why put it on disney when they could just put it on the wwe network.I really dont see why they dont do that. I mean they showed they really have no plans on turning cena heel. So they just should push it as much as they can.and they could bring back the mcmahon character in cartoon form.Id say just have it as cena as the super hero as first then later change it to Cena and friends, and they could bring more faces into it to help him out.
The only thing I kinda see a problem with is like maybe orton and punk being in it with all their tattoos. I dunno just something about it makes it seem like a hard sell having a good guy with all those tattoos. maybe they could just make them a part of their superhero costume. I dunno im rambling now. But really I say why not they should go for it.

As fond as our memories may be of 'Hulk Hogan's Rock 'n' Wrestling' if you were to watch it again now you would see how awfully bad it was.

I don't think it would be possible to create a wrestling cartoon that wasn't enormously cheesy, full of 'don't do drugs', 'don't steal' and 'don't eat yellow snow' cliched messages.

If a cartoon was considered for the WWE network,then a skit show, not to dissimilar to this
http://youtu.be/1ebM9icFpjY could be funny and worth watching :)

give it time this will be merged with the other threads including my own on this topic. but if its focused on cena. call it john cena rapping wrestling since he is a hip hop type character. or they could do it like some one else suggested in my thread. make it a grown up rugrats type with them being kids or early teenager type jus to appease the pg rating. that way they can tone tone questionable stars to fit in or appear in the cartoon. they could make(since they own rights to most video) wcw stars like a rival high school for episodes. i mean who wouldnt want to see a teenage booker t in cartoon form. and screw disney they own enough shit. give it back to the networks or wwe network

Fuck no, a thousand times. I can deal with the PG stuff, cause it makes the WWE millions of bucks a year cause of their deal with matel, but, if they make a cartoon I will shoot my cat, and strangle my dog.....it would be campy as fuck, and 10 times worse than the big show movie....

Weren't they going to do one on Nickelodeon or something? I swear to God I read that on a news site once.

Well they did do a comic book a couple of years back, I have one. I have no idea how I have it or why. There's no way I bought it, I think it may have come with oen of the programs I got at a raw when they came here (UK). Anyway it was kinda similar to Hogan's cartoon, but it featured Undertaker in a battle royale having flashbacks as to how he originally fought demons in Hell in battle royales, and he was throwing them over fire top ropes, I shit you not! Reminded me of DBZ lol

Weren't they going to do one on Nickelodeon or something? I swear to God I read that on a news site once.

Well they did do a comic book a couple of years back, I have one. I have no idea how I have it or why. There's no way I bought it, I think it may have come with oen of the programs I got at a raw when they came here (UK). Anyway it was kinda similar to Hogan's cartoon, but it featured Undertaker in a battle royale having flashbacks as to how he originally fought demons in Hell in battle royales, and he was throwing them over fire top ropes, I shit you not! Reminded me of DBZ lol

Ever seen The Kevin Nash comic? It is super bad it is good, he clown punches strippers, it is so epically awesomely bad

As fond as our memories may be of 'Hulk Hogan's Rock 'n' Wrestling' if you were to watch it again now you would see how awfully bad it was.

Sure it seems that way now. We're all 25 years older. This cartoon would target kids from 5-10 years old. I don't think they would have the same standards when it comes to their shows.

Fuck no, a thousand times. I can deal with the PG stuff, cause it makes the WWE millions of bucks a year cause of their deal with matel, but, if they make a cartoon I will shoot my cat, and strangle my dog.....it would be campy as fuck, and 10 times worse than the big show movie....

You do realize that you wouldn't be required to watch it, right? Just because you are a WWE fan does not mean you are forced to watch everything they produce. If this cartoon entertains kids and maybe turns them on to wrestling then what's the harm? Hulk Hogan's Rock n Wrestling is what got me into wrestling in 1986. 26 years later and I'm still here and have spent God knows how much money on WWE and brought others into wrestling too. Hell, if they do one season of a cheap cartoon and it creates a new fan like me it would probably be worth it.

If they do one like south park,i am up for it.Just kidding..i'd say why not?Their target are KIDS.If they make some fans watching the main product via the cartoons,it would be good for the business.Instead of making cheesy cartoons,they should try cartoons like pheneas n ferb which isn't all about taking vitamins.

I say why not? It could be a high school drama filled with wrestlers and have Santino as the wacky but stern principle, writes itself really. Like The Brain said you don't have to watch it if you don't want 2, it would be just another way for people to enjoy WWE. and with the amount of kids who watch WWE and high school dramas it only makes $ense.

Sure it seems that way now. We're all 25 years older. This cartoon would target kids from 5-10 years old. I don't think they would have the same standards when it comes to their shows.

You do realize that you wouldn't be required to watch it, right? Just because you are a WWE fan does not mean you are forced to watch everything they produce. If this cartoon entertains kids and maybe turns them on to wrestling then what's the harm? Hulk Hogan's Rock n Wrestling is what got me into wrestling in 1986. 26 years later and I'm still here and have spent God knows how much money on WWE and brought others into wrestling too. Hell, if they do one season of a cheap cartoon and it creates a new fan like me it would probably be worth it.

I was merely commenting on how lame it would be. I am quite aware I don't have to watch it.....Maybe I should have been clearer, if they make a campy assed cartoon, aimed at kids, I might have to give it away. You're right, it might create some new fans, and see others running away in droves. I'd rather see good wrestling and work (better work) go into the current product, than more time wasted on shitty things, like movies and a cartoon.

I was merely commenting on how lame it would be. I am quite aware I don't have to watch it.....Maybe I should have been clearer, if they make a campy assed cartoon, aimed at kids, I might have to give it away. You're right, it might create some new fans, and see others running away in droves. I'd rather see good wrestling and work (better work) go into the current product, than more time wasted on shitty things, like movies and a cartoon.

Why would it send other fans running away? If a new lame kid's cartoon came out featuring Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, and Peyton Manning would that send fan running away from the NFL? Of course not. But if a father sees his kid watching that cartoon he could point out that those guys in the cartoon are real people that he can watch on Sundays. A cartoon show would not have any effect on the product you see on a weekly basis. I highly doubt the people who are supposed to come up with wrestling storylines would be the same people in charge of writing the cartoon so it's not like it would be a distraction for them.

Why would it send other fans running away? If a new lame kid's cartoon came out featuring Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, and Peyton Manning would that send fan running away from the NFL? Of course not. But if a father sees his kid watching that cartoon he could point out that those guys in the cartoon are real people that he can watch on Sundays. A cartoon show would not have any effect on the product you see on a weekly basis. I highly doubt the people who are supposed to come up with wrestling storylines would be the same people in charge of writing the cartoon so it's not like it would be a distraction for them.

lol NFL...I'm Australian

Nah, but you make a good point I guess. Just, I think it's a bit too far over the PG line for me. I can see where you're coming from, but, knowing the WWE it will be campy as fuck.

That would'nt be a bad idea! They definitely have a great cast of characters for it, Cena, Kofi, Mysterio, Santino, Zack Ryder, Sheamus....

Also, another great idea I heard CM Punk come up with on Colt Cabana's podcast a couple of years ago would be to remake Cannonball Run. THAT would be interesting!!!

Hulk Hogan's Rock & Wrestling was probably the biggest reason I became a wrestling fan back in the day. I was always disappointed that Randy Savage and George 'The Animal' Steele never showed up (although Macho Man appeared in some live segments, I think.)

But 1986 was a very different time. Cartoons like that don't really work nowadays, they come off as too cheesy. Just like with actual pro wrestling, there are things that flew in 1986 that don't and won't work anymore.

Heck, even Saturday morning cartoons are all but gone now.

That Ass-arole cartoon was hilarious, but very juvenile. I'm like 100% sure that won't be coming back if they can't monetized in any way.

If your illuding to the cartoon being aimed at children, then I have a question for you. What kind of fucking Raw are you watching? because the product is already aimed children.

boy you guy's are bringing back some good memories for me...... i remember watching the one where they accidently shrunk into kids when they ate some chili that JYD (junk yard dog) had made, funny i was on hulk's facebook page and he had mentioned about the cartoon, and said i guess in a jokely kind of way TIME FOR A REBOOT!! and after reading this thread i think they should leave it in the past, the cartoon was made and design for hogan at the height of his popularity, and the thought of wwe making a reboot of it using cena in place of hogan would be stupid, not that i have a problem with cena i love the guy to death but it wouldn't seem right, NOW I WOULD HAVE ENJOYED IT IF THEY WOULD HAVE REBOOTED IT AND CENTERED IT AROUND THE ROCK AND AUSTIN DURING THEIR HEYDAY.

Hulk Hogan's Rock & Wrestling was probably the biggest reason I became a wrestling fan back in the day. I was always disappointed that Randy Savage and George 'The Animal' Steele never showed up (although Macho Man appeared in some live segments, I think.)

But 1986 was a very different time. Cartoons like that don't really work nowadays, they come off as too cheesy. Just like with actual pro wrestling, there are things that flew in 1986 that don't and won't work anymore.

Heck, even Saturday morning cartoons are all but gone now.

I agree with you totally here. I loved Hulk Hogan's Rock and Wrestling cartoon. I too do not think it would fly today. I think it would come off as too cheesy. it would not hurt the fanbase, but I don't think it would add to it either. i think it's something better off left alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back