Should The Undertaker Win The IC Belt?

Ive wondered this myself and Everything is possible in WWE. And considering Taker is a HUGE star in the WWE and can get basically whatever he wants, I wouldn't even call it unlikely but between him retiring soon, too much good, young talent and the fact that he basically gave up all other records in the WWE just for "The Streak" i dont see it happening.

Are You Kidding Me? Why Would You Want The Undertaker To Have The IC Belt? That's Like Vince McMahon Offering The Deadman A PlayStation 1 When He's Already Have A PlayStation 3....See Where I'm Going With This???

I'd have the Phenom hold that old school belt Cody has. Ya, as crazy as it sounds, let's have taker become IC champ!

Honestly, I gotta agree with above though. Grand Slam Champs don't matter. You dont need to be one to be successful. Two of the biggest stars in the Attiude Era aren't grand slam, nor is the single greatest wrestler in all of wrestling (not my opinion, no offence Hulk) a grandslam champion

The streak Taker has is honestly as large as the WWE championship IMO. The years of specializing in gimmick matches (casket, buried alive, HIAC), and the consistent improvements to his gimmick, and his moveset (learn from him, Cena) is pretty much all you need to be a great wrestler. This title reign won't mean squat. (Though like I said above, an old school title on him would look good haha)

^^^^No offense but If the two your talking about Rock/SCSA are both Grand Slam Champs. Rock held IC gold and tag gold with TAKER. SCSA got the title from Rock (and vice versa I think) and held tag belts with TAKER HBK and Dude Love or watever foley was being called

In other matters, It would be bad for Taker to get the IC belt for awhile just to up the prestige a bit. But, there's really no reason for it at this stage of his career.

I don't think so, Taker is way to credible to ever hold that belt again, hell when has he ever had the ic belt. He won the WWf title the first damn year he came onto the scene. That would be a demotion. Know credible way to give him that belt.

Taker has nothing left to prove. He is likely going to retire after going 20-0. Some might argue that it would be good for the prestige of the title if he held it, even for a few days. Why though? Better booking would fix prestige far quicker than a Taker run. The Intercontinental Championship should be used to help elevate people with the potential to be main eventers or world title holders. If they gave Taker the belt it takes time and pushes away from those who could use it. Taker should never hold another title again, midcard or even world, because he has nothing to prove at this point. The titles are better off being used to elevate rising stars.

Here’s my opinion. I think the Undertaker should win the Intercontinental Title at least one time before he retires. He surely does not need the IC Title, but it wouldn’t hurt anyone involved. A feud with Rhodes can only help elevate Cody even higher up the rankings. Plus, I think the Undertaker would look “Bad @$$” with the White Strap around his waist. Rey Mysterio, Chris Jericho, JBL, Booker T, Kane, Triple H, Pedro Morales and even Ric Flair won the current # 3 Belt after holding the WWE / World Title, so why not??

I am down for it as I don't want Taker to really be Main Event material when he returns. Plus it could help out the younger guys fighting against a very credible opponent as in The Undertaker. The white belt would be awesome around the man of darkness waist. Taker has nothing left to prove so giving him the IC title to help the mid carders out isn't a bad thing.

I don't think Undertaker should win the title, but if Cody Rhodes was his WM28 opponent.

I think it would be a step in the right direction for Cody.

Cody could use the boost of confidence that facing Undertaker at WM would give, he would be attached to the streak as the 20th victim, but then could beat Taker a couple of months later to sky rocket him further.

We've seen some major stars face Taker at WM and lose, but then get the better of him down the line. Edge and Orton are two that pop into mind

I don't think that it is neccesary for 'Taker to hold it. I mean, whats an IC reign & being a GS Champion against 19-0 & multiple world title reigns? not much.

This idea represents exactly the problem with the titles nowadays. They throw them on anyone with no rhyme or reason, just to give the guy in question another accomplishment or to avoid booking a proper finish. You want to give the IC Title to The Undertaker, it had better be a damn good feud that is worth everyone's time and has Taker showing up every week. If not, then leave it on a guy who can actually use it in Rhodes.

I'm not a fan of this idea. He doesn't need the title to make him any bigger than he is now, and he's not in action regularly enough to defend it as often as he would need to in order to keep the belt relevant.

Rhodes and those guys coming up need the belt much more than Taker, and I love how Rhodes brought back the old belt this past Sunday.

The idea just seems unnecessary to me. No disrespect to the title itself, but it would be a step down for The Undertaker. Jericho winning the title a couple of years ago was another attempt to restore the title to its former glory and obviously that didn't work as planned. At least Jericho could intermingle as a mid card and main event talent. Not to say that The Undertaker couldn't do that, but it's just not as believable. Also, The Undertaker's schedule is much more lax than it should be for the Intercontinental champion.

I think they're doing the right thing with Cody Rhodes. Cody is obviously coming into his own but isn't ready for a world title yet. I say keep the IC title on him for a year or so. As long as he's producing quality matches with other quality competitors, that's going to be the only way they can restore the belt.

Over the years, one thing I've noticed about the Undertaker is that he doesn't really seem to be about championships. He is one of the most feared, respected, and unique individuals to step into a WWE ring and it's not his title wins that make him this, it's the fact that he is a locker-room leader, he is loyal to his fan-base, and he is a true entertainer. His gimmick has survived all of the WWE's eras and it constantly evolves to stay fresh.

I honestly feel that 'taker wouldn't want the IC Belt, not only because he isn't about championships, but I think he'd rather see it on a younger guy to help with his push. I think someone like Cody Rhodes carrying the belt is perfect. The guy holding the belt doesn't need to be a legend, but if he faced top tier talent and constantly retained, wouldn't that give credibility to the belt as well as Rhodes?

For instance, have Rhodes interact more and more with HHH calling him out on things, and then have HHH stick him in more high profile matches with his belt on the line to punish him, but have Cody retain at all costs, proving how much his IC Belt means to him. Hell, him just mentioning the past greats that held it and reverting back to the old title belt, to me, restores some of it's prestige.

IC belt is meant for mid-carders. Putting it on him would mean other hard-working midcarders wouldn't get a chance with it but a part-time wrestler does. That's not fair to the talent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back