Should the Undertaker character live on?

The lack of creative imagination is stunning.

No some guy doesn't just show up on Raw dressed like The Undertaker after Calaway retires and we're expected to accept him. Obviously there would be a backlash.

You insert the new guy into a story with Taker. Anything Taker respects and trusts so will his fans.

If the "prodigy" does a top rope walk during a tag match with Taker we see a "passing of the torch" moment. Next he does a top rope dive once again during a tag match with Taker. So as you see he gains our respect. He moves and attacks like Taker and we learn to accept him.

He's not The Undertaker but the new Undertaker.

This would be a very important storyline and Calaway would be involved in every aspect. Every detail needs to be covered. The guy must move and act very similar to his master. Almost uncanny like but not a clone. He is not replacing Taker only carrying on the character.

I've wanted this to happen for years. Not just a guy showing up dressed as the Undertaker. Someone eg Roman Reigns beats the Undertaker at Wrestle Mania, then some massive spectacle occurs and his soul:worship: gets transferred to the person who beats him at mania. Then we can get years more undertaker goodness!

No.

Besides the fact that fans would shit on anyone taking up the mantle of the Undertaker for ruining their childhood, the truth of the matter is that it's a pretty silly gimmick to begin with.

It debuted in 1990 and it fucking shows. Golden age as shit. The very fact that it got over at all and STAYED over for this long is a testament to how good Mark Calaway is at playing him.

He is the only person that could have played Taker, and it should remain so.

Besides, Wyatt is pretty much going to be the same thing for the next 15 years, so it's not a big deal.

Mordecai anyone?

6348%20-%20judgment_day%20mordecai%20wwe.png

Filed under: No one can ever replace The Undertaker so stop trying.

Mordecai was supposed to be an anti-undertaker.
Kane was supposed to be Taker's replacement if Mark left WWE during the lean years that WCW was on top.
Oh, wait. Better Example::: BRIAN LEE!!! we already had an Underfaker, and while there was some question at first if it was the 'real' taker or not, it soon became clear that it was a fake. And while he wasn't terrible, there was something lacking in his performance that showed through especially when they finally faced off. I think it was Summerslam or Survivor series 94? Now often looked back at and considered one of worst schticks to happen, at the time it was different as the Internet was barely a thing, and even the non company owned magazines stuck to kayfabe and didn't go into the real details of the wrestlers and their lifes outside the ring. Every one was their character and even if showing pictures of the same person from different territories or playing different gimmicks, they almost never acknowledged it. It's part of the reason Taker came in with long slicked hair and almost non existant facial hair as previously he'd been most known as Mean Mark Callous and had short hair and an a lot of facial hair. Not quite Bryan's or the Wyatt's but certainly a lot more then he ever had once becoming Taker.
So assigning a new person to take over and become Undertaker is just ridiculous as it failed 20 years ago, it failed with Kane(who succeeded in his own gimmick) and in todays internet oversaturation environment it would be ridiculed from the first time the replacement Taker appeared.

Absolutely not. The gimmick should end when Mark Callaway chooses to hang up his urn. There is absolutely no reason why WWE should even think about passing the gimmick on to someone else. We saw the disaster that happened when WWE tried to bring back the Diesel and Razor Ramon gimmicks after Hall and Nash left for WCW in the mid-90s, the fans shit all over it and they would again if arguably the greatest gimmick of all time was handed down to another wrestler, who would immediately be under an immense amount of pressure to perform as well as Callaway- which would certainly not be possible.

WWE will almost certainly bring another character with dark, gothic, mysterious tendencies in the future, but it won't be, and shouldn't be a copy of The Undertaker. No-one would ever accept another performer in that gimmick. I highly doubt WWE would be stupid enough to try this.

I'm just waiting for the American Badass Wyatt who rides the ramp down with his motorcycle and circles the ring few times while they keep on playing Limp Bizkit - Keep on Rollin.

But on a more serious note i kinda like the idea that there would be a Undertaker II or 2.0 which ever you prefer. I mean didn't Zorro have somebody to continue the legacy? The Phantom? Actually i'm not sure about that as i've never watched it. I think they should have someone be his apprentice then turn on him to beat the streak AND start his own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back