A way to storyline retire The Undertaker

thebarber

Mid-Card Championship Winner
For a couple of years now I have had the idea, and posted it here at various occasions, of a way that WWE could "kayfabe" finally retire the Undertaker character once and for all, and have Mark Calaway hang up the tights for good. Hell he could bow out as Mark Calaway. The beauty of the idea is that the guy who I have thought would be perfect for the role has currently been trying out in WWE development foer the past week and from all reports, is impressing the right people.

To the idea, I feel the best way to end the character of Undertaker is to debut a dark, mysterious character and name him CALAWAY. Hell he could debut as a new member of Bray Wyatt's cult. Calaway would have to be quite tall, heavily tattooed and reasonabley able to go in the ring, and be of an age in his mid-late 20 for kayfabe reasons. This CALAWAY character could go on a vicious rampage through the faces of WWE, starting the night after Mania and go through until he wins the 2016 Royal Rumble. The night after, he calls out Undertaker and it isd revealed over time that he is the son of the Undertaker. Born the night Undertaker debutted in Survivor Series,. His mannerisms and move set could mimic Undertaker as well as have some sick modern moves that impress the masses. Have him destroy faces week after week, have him retire Kane along the way. Build it up that Undertaker does not want to fight the son he didnt know, until he destroys Kane into retirement. At Mania 32, Calaway destroys Undertaker and he finally rests in peace. There obviously would be alot of detail to be put in, but a year long storyline that culminates with a hugely over monste heel and Undertaker can be retired off in Texas at Mania 32. Mayeb not debut him as Calaway initially, maybe as Abel. He could reveal Calaway the night after winning the Royal Rumble when he calls Take rout. Done properly, this could be huge.

Now the guh I have had in mkind is former TNA wrestler Crimson. I felt ever since watching him in TNA he could be a perfect fit for tbhis character. His initial run in the Mian event Mafia showed he could talk and his in-ring ability was pretty god. Time in NXT/developmentals would only make him the wrestler HHH would want, but have him wrestle in NXT as his real name or whatever, and when he is called up, have his ppearance barely recognisable so it is a major shock when he debuts. Just my idea, but onme I feel if done correctly,. could see Taker ride into the sunset, Crimson becomes a huge player and the legacy of the Undertaker lives on through his son in WWE.

Thoughts?

I'm pretty sure undertaker will not break character for any purpose even retirement, I am convinced undertaker will retire in a match against the icon Sting.

taker did an interview a while back which is rare and stated that would love to give fans what they wanted and would love to go toe-to-toe with sting if he ever came to WWE. So that's confirmation taker wants it. Sting has said many times he wants undertaker, the last is do WWE want it? of course they do it will put people in seats and make money.

It really annoys me when people kept saying taker is done year after year and yet again WWE have put him on advertising for mania next year. who know's we could get taker vs bray and sting vs HHH this year and next year sting vs taker and taker retires in his homestate in front of 100,000 fans. but Sting and Taker will happen, it's the main reason Sting is even here.

That's really a fantastic idea. WWE will not have the dead man after wm32 (may be). Thus this idea of your's will give birth to Undertaker II as you mentioned 'calaway'. Thus WWE will have another undertaker character. But for that, WWE needs to bring someone who can do that job easily and perfectly. Hell, bray was the right choice but the creative are feeding weird things to him.

I would like to see Taker beat Lesnar at WM31. I would also then like to see John Cena then call Taker out respectfully the following night on Raw and challenge Taker to see who the real phenom is. Send Cena off on his feuds for a year then have him start taunting undertaker after Survivor Series in November and demand that if Taker loses he retires. And show Cena end Taker's career at WM 32 and turn heel at the same time.

I'm pretty sure undertaker will not break character for any purpose even retirement, I am convinced undertaker will retire in a match against the icon Sting.

I agree with that, although I like the original thinking on the part of the OP.

Presuming Undertaker hasn't already retired, I doubt he's going to engage in a final match against anyone who isn't a legend......much less lose to that person. While I doubt Mark Calaway would mind some sort of special build-up to his final match, I can't see his opponent as anyone but a fabled performer like himself.

Of course, if Brock Lesnar was his final match, one could argue whether Brock could be considered a legend. If the answer is yes, the final chapter might already have been written. Personally, I don't see Brock as a legend, but if Vince McMahon does.....well, that's that, isn't it?

We've been assuming Calaway's in-ring career isn't finished yet. If that's so, I can't think of a better foe to finish with than Sting. Somehow, I doubt Sting would object to jobbing to someone with the status of Undertaker.....plus the fact that Sting doesn't have a legacy in WWE to uphold which might forbid him from losing in what might be his only match.

Still, while the OP's idea of casting a "son" of 'Taker does have it's appeal, I seriously doubt Calaway's last dance will feature him in there with anyone but a performer as storied as he.

If so, there are very few choices. One of 'em is Sting.

My idea goes along with Taker - Wyatt. Have Taker come out and announce he might be only good for one more match. Then Bray Wyatt interrups and torments him for weeks about the fact that the only special thing about him (the streak) is over and he truly needs to die. This would setup their mania match where Wyatt wins.

The next night on Raw Undertaker announces his retirement, but Sting interrupts that and says they need one more big match, and setup Wrestlemania 32.

I would like to see another Undertaker character, Its worked before with multiple characters like the Tiger Masks, Mr Wrestlings and Nature Boys for example, I don't think The Undertaker is a gimick they could give to anyone but who knows could all backfire kind of like the new Diesel and Razor Ramon characters a few years ago.

I would like to see another Undertaker character, Its worked before with multiple characters like the Tiger Masks, Mr Wrestlings and Nature Boys for example, I don't think The Undertaker is a gimick they could give to anyone but who knows could all backfire kind of like the new Diesel and Razor Ramon characters a few years ago.

I understand your point of view by bringing up the Tiger Masks, Mr. Wrestlings, Nature Boys, etc..I'll add Doink The Clown to your list..Why those characters were accepted by the fans despite different wrestlers playing said character is that all those characters aren't one of a kind characters. A different wrestler was capable of pulling it off and getting the fans behind him, whether it was a new Doink or a new Tiger Mask because being any of the characters listed wasn't that difficult..Mr. Wrestling characters were "students of the game", wrestled technically, wore a mask, etc..Doink The Clown used "tricks and props" during his matches like whoopee cushions, fake arms, joy buzzers, etc..

With The Undertaker, it really doesn't make sense to have "another Undertaker"..The Undertaker character truly is one of a kind..He's 6'10, roughly 300 lbs with tremendous agility(which helped to get him over more as an "undead zombie" since he has freakish agility), superb psychology, convincing facial expressions, a unique look, his moveset, the ability to make kids throughout the arena cry during his entrance, he constantly evolved his character over time, etc If you want any proof, simply look up the Undertaker vs Underfaker feud from mid 1994..I watched the Raw episodes leading up to 1994 Summerslam and most of the fans knew that DiBiase's Taker wasn't Calaway and during the Summerslam 1994 match, the fans basically just wanted Calaway to beat The Underfaker and get the feud over with.

As to the OP's idea about having a new wrestler wrestle as Calaway..I'm glad you put thought into the idea, but the fans will probably shit all over it to no end if it truly happened..

For a couple of years now I have had the idea, and posted it here at various occasions, of a way that WWE could "kayfabe" finally retire the Undertaker character once and for all, and have Mark Calaway hang up the tights for good. Hell he could bow out as Mark Calaway. The beauty of the idea is that the guy who I have thought would be perfect for the role has currently been trying out in WWE development foer the past week and from all reports, is impressing the right people.

To the idea, I feel the best way to end the character of Undertaker is to debut a dark, mysterious character and name him CALAWAY. Hell he could debut as a new member of Bray Wyatt's cult. Calaway would have to be quite tall, heavily tattooed and reasonabley able to go in the ring, and be of an age in his mid-late 20 for kayfabe reasons. This CALAWAY character could go on a vicious rampage through the faces of WWE, starting the night after Mania and go through until he wins the 2016 Royal Rumble. The night after, he calls out Undertaker and it isd revealed over time that he is the son of the Undertaker. Born the night Undertaker debutted in Survivor Series,. His mannerisms and move set could mimic Undertaker as well as have some sick modern moves that impress the masses. Have him destroy faces week after week, have him retire Kane along the way. Build it up that Undertaker does not want to fight the son he didnt know, until he destroys Kane into retirement. At Mania 32, Calaway destroys Undertaker and he finally rests in peace. There obviously would be alot of detail to be put in, but a year long storyline that culminates with a hugely over monste heel and Undertaker can be retired off in Texas at Mania 32. Mayeb not debut him as Calaway initially, maybe as Abel. He could reveal Calaway the night after winning the Royal Rumble when he calls Take rout. Done properly, this could be huge.

Now the guh I have had in mkind is former TNA wrestler Crimson. I felt ever since watching him in TNA he could be a perfect fit for tbhis character. His initial run in the Mian event Mafia showed he could talk and his in-ring ability was pretty god. Time in NXT/developmentals would only make him the wrestler HHH would want, but have him wrestle in NXT as his real name or whatever, and when he is called up, have his ppearance barely recognisable so it is a major shock when he debuts. Just my idea, but onme I feel if done correctly,. could see Taker ride into the sunset, Crimson becomes a huge player and the legacy of the Undertaker lives on through his son in WWE.

Thoughts?

So...your plan is not only have The Undertaker lose at WrestleMania AGAIN, but you'd have him lose to a complete nobody? That may be the worst idea I've ever heard.

After being destroyed by Lesnar, Undertaker's career might as well be over. No future matches of his have any meaning. The ONLY match he should ever come back for is if they do a Lesnar/Undertaker II at WrestleMania 31, with Undertaker winning clean by submission and winning the championship, then retiring the following night.

This has been discussed before, verbatim.

I tried having a go at establishing a 'Successor to the Undertaker Mantle' storyline and needed a relatively healthy Taker AND the Streak AND all kinds of lightning in a bottle to make the idea look plausible on text. Granted, I didn't go with a 'son' angle, but it would be very difficult to string the fans long enough to GET to the Father/Son initial confrontations. It would also take longer than the time you suggested to get this new guy over enough to where people would buy into the angle to begin with. Especially if the guy you had for the idea is/was in TNA and would have to be one HELL of a worker to be fast-tracked through NXT.

Is there anybody in NXT or just below it in developmental who might have what you want out of the character? Because that might accelerate the timetable enough to make the plot plausible.

Unlike a lot of people, I don't see the Undertaker retiring for several more years. Sure every year (and I do mean EVERY year) we get the same reports on how he was injured and can't go any more blah, blah, blah. Yet low and behold he always comes back. He must REALLY be a dead man the fans think! But that is all for show. I'm sure he's got the same injuries that any wrestler acquires over an extended career, but almost all of them continue to work at least a limited schedule. And why wouldn't he? He only works one match a year and he's always guaranteed a spot at WrestleMania. How could you leave such a peachy spot?

This is how I would book it. Now that the streak has come to an end the question is asked - is this the end? The Undertaker finally decides that he will not go out a loser and vows one more match. The marks go wild and WrestleMania is sold on the potential of this being the Undertaker's last match. But then he loses. The next year the same thing happens. He vows to go out a winner... but loses again. The new streak has begun... the LOSING streak. Undertaker swears that he will not retire until he wins at WrestleMania. Give him about 5 losses (just enough to play off of the losing streak angle as well as help push a few guys without damaging his legacy) until he finally gets that win to retire on. By then he will be around the right age to bow out.

That's how I would do it.

I like the idea, but I feel that Undertaker should handpick his replacement. It's the only way to give this angle the respect it deserves, especially since his replacement will be using his last name as his ringname.

Unlike a lot of people, I don't see the Undertaker retiring for several more years. Sure every year (and I do mean EVERY year) we get the same reports on how he was injured and can't go any more blah, blah, blah. Yet low and behold he always comes back. He must REALLY be a dead man the fans think! But that is all for show. I'm sure he's got the same injuries that any wrestler acquires over an extended career, but almost all of them continue to work at least a limited schedule. And why wouldn't he? He only works one match a year and he's always guaranteed a spot at WrestleMania. How could you leave such a peachy spot?

This is how I would book it. Now that the streak has come to an end the question is asked - is this the end? The Undertaker finally decides that he will not go out a loser and vows one more match. The marks go wild and WrestleMania is sold on the potential of this being the Undertaker's last match. But then he loses. The next year the same thing happens. He vows to go out a winner... but loses again. The new streak has begun... the LOSING streak. Undertaker swears that he will not retire until he wins at WrestleMania. Give him about 5 losses (just enough to play off of the losing streak angle as well as help push a few guys without damaging his legacy) until he finally gets that win to retire on. By then he will be around the right age to bow out.

That's how I would do it.

Taker will be 50 by the time Mania comes round again. So being 56 is the right age to bow out of the business? I think if anything the WWE should give us Taker vs Sting, one last match for both these guys as they are both too old to be bumping around a wrestling ring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back