Should Owen Hart Be Inducted Into HOF As The Blue Blazer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to start this response by saying that while the Op's suggestion is very unrealistic and poorly thought out, I don't think he deserves quite the backlash he is receiving. It's not thing to vehemently disagree and another to just plainly insult someone. Give the guy a break, obviously he didn't really know what he was saying.

On the topic itself, inducting Owen as the Blue Blazer would be a slap in his face and a blatant disrespect of him and his legacy. If anything, you induct him as "The King of Harts" as that was when he was really at his best. The Blue Blazer gimmick was embarrassing to Owen and he hated it, he thought it was humiliating and a slight against him. He should most definitely be inducted but at this current point in time his wife will not allow it due to her own personal reasons.

We're going to have to agree to disagree on this matter. I have no doubt bret would have a problem but that's just bret being bret. He needs to get over himself. I think having bret come down from the rafters would be awesome as long as it was done in a tasteful matter. What many of you fail to remember that owen began his career as the blue blazer.

And Stone Cold started his career as The Ringmaster. Another crappy gimmick nobody cares about. Owen should go in as Owen.

Hey he was also the Rocket for just aslong as he was the Blue Blazer, should be inducted as that too?

as for Bret Falling from the ceiling, you know he is a stroke sufferer right? and can't handle heights anymore so that counts him out, the only other persons to remotely consider for that would be Vince since he apparently practiced the stunt b4 the PPV to make sure everything was OK (obviously failed) and HBK that also performed a similar entrance at several PPV's which Vince also had tested according to HBK.
Still a dumb idea, they would be in a conference hall not an arena.

the Blue Blazer had 2 epic moments, 1 in one of his first few matches i think it was a PPV he took Mr Perfect to the limit and almost took his perfect record.
and the 2nd falling to his death

Owen Hart
multi time singles champion
multi time tag champ with several opponents
King of The Ring winner
Main Event matches at PPV's
Highly entertaining and arguably better overall then his brother.
The most loved person backstage and by fans.

and lastly as for being inducted, he deserves it yes but as others said, it's not upto WWE anymore then it was upto WWE to induct other people that refused to be inducted. His wife wanted nothing to do with WWE and for along time Bret and Davey Boy and there family felt the same way about WWE which i don't blame then if i was in there situation. They can only get who they can get, which is why Koko B Ware got inducted when he clearly did very little, he was the only other one that said yes that year.

so many guys from the Hogan era and b4 deserve to be inducted too yet they aren't even mentioned, is it cause they haven't reached out to them? i doubt it.

I honestly think it's time for the wwe to induct owen but how many of you feel he should be inducted as the blue blazer? I think thats the only way he should be inducted. Stone cold wasn't inducted as steve williams was he? Was shawn michaels inducted as shawn hickenbottom? Of course not. We all remember owen as the blue blazer and thats why he should be inducted as such. Of course bret should be the one that inducts the blue blazer. What i think would be really cool if bret agreed to come down from the ceiling like the blazer before the induction speech. I know it's a small chance of happening like that because bret is such a crybaby.

This has to be one of the stupidest suggestions I've ever heard. I really shouldn't have wasted my time replying to this but its just so dang ******ed that I couldn't resist. Owen Hart, if he ever goes in, will go in as Owen Hart. BLue Blazer? Are you kidding me?

WWF gave the Hart family $18 million as a settlement in the suit. Maybe thats why he wasnt inducted. Wrongful death.

Owen is best known as Owen Hart...either as the rocket, king of harts, black hart or lone hart but always as owen hart. His best match was with bret at wrestlemania X in which he won clean!

For arguments sake the blue blazer gimick never made it to wrestlemania and it was nothing more than a comedy routine with a bad harness that wouldnt lower him to the ground and he would fall on his face as the gimick after being tangled above the ground.

rip owen i remember routing for him as i was also in my big bros shadow growing up!

You're joking, right? And if it is a joke, it's a pathetic one.

For the vast majority of his career in and out of the WWE he wrestled as Owen Hart. There were but two short chapters in Owen's career where he adopted the Blazer gimmick, one of which resulted in his DEATH.

So what you're suggesting is not only stupid, but offensive.

Nevertheless, Owen Hart belongs in the WWE Hall of Fame, no doubt about it, and he would have been inducted a long time ago if it hadn't been for issues, legal and otherwise, with his family, in particular his surviving spouse. As long as those issues exist (with no indication that they will ever go fully away) Owen will not receive HoF recognition.

We all remember owen as the blue blazer and thats why he should be inducted as such.

No we don't. That was a gimmick he briefly played. Owen wrestled his best matches under his real name and that is what he should be inducted under. He deserves that. To induct him as the Blue Blazer would be both dumb and insulting because the whole point of an induction is meant to celebrate the best highlights of someone's career. I think a lot of people would riot if he got inducted as the Blazer instead of himself.

What i think would be really cool if bret agreed to come down from the ceiling like the blazer before the induction speech. I know it's a small chance of happening like that because bret is such a crybaby.

I do think that would be a cool idea. However, do not call him a crybaby. Did your younger brother die from an accident that could have been prevented? Bret has every right in the world to still be sad about what happened. Please don't call him names for that.

That might just be the dumbest thing i've ever heard. Why in the Hell would he be inducted as the Blue Blazer??? He Wrestled as Owen Hart for years, its not just his real name, ITS HIS RING NAME ASWELL, which is why you cant compare him to shawn michaels being inducted as Shawn Hickenbottom! That was a ridiculous comparison. As for Bret coming down from the ceiling..... lost for words...

What is wrong with you?

No he should not. He is known as Owen Hart.... AKA the Blue Blazer. But first and foremost... he is Owen Hart!

Why should he be inducted as The Blue Blazer? It's not exactly as if Owen Hart accomplished much while he was using that pesrsona. Aside from his death, the most memorable thing I can associate with BB off the top of my head was him jobbing to Mr. Perfect at WrestleMania V.

All of Owen's most remembered matches came while he was just himself. When he beat Hiroshi Hase for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship, when he had all his big matches against Bret Hart in the WWF, his run as European Champion, his 2 runs as Intercontinental Champion and his 4 runs as a tag champ all came as Owen Hart.

Besides, as I aluded to earlier, Owen was dressed in his Blue Blazer outfit and gimmick when he died. It could be viewed as poor taste and insensitive to induct him as such. The Blue Blazer is a mere footnote in Owen Hart's career.

I was going to skip this thread altogether because it such a clear and obvious case of trolling, I mean it has to be, because no one in the world could otherwise suggest something so asinine. However, I decided to chime in after all.

The suggestion of putting Owen Hart into the Hall of Fame as the Blue Blazer is ridiculous. Even though that was how he debuted, and unfortunately was his lousy gimmick in his final days, it comprised such a small percentage of his overall career, that it was nothing more than a stain on an otherwise pretty good career. Note that I said a pretty good career, because I'm not fully convinced that Owen Hart belongs in the Hall of Fame in the first place, but that's a separate discussion for another day.

Steve Williams and Shawn Hickenbottom, not even worthy of comment. They didn't compete as these names, so obviously they wouldn't be inducted in these names. What do you think the Undertaker will be called when he ultimately gets his call into the Hall?

I knew this was trolling when he suggested that Bret Hart induct his brother, and that he descend from the rafters in doing so. Poor taste, and a really bad joke from the OP. Just for the dramatic effect, and just to sell action figures, totally stupid. His wife has been resisting his induction because of the manner in which he tragically died. I'm sure she'd absolutely love seeing it re-enacted by her brother in law, just to sell toys. And to suggest that Bret wouldn't do it because he's a crybaby, more lunacy, and obvious trolling.

I'm actually surprised that some mod, specifically D-Man, hasn't closed this abomination of a thread.

Mate how can one person be such an idiot?? Bret coming down from the rafters would be making fun of Owen's accident and completely disrespectful. You are obviously the type of person who loved the blue blazor over owen hart. The john cena fan site is just a few clicks away, you might enjoy it.

There are a lot of dicks in these forums, yea it's a terrible idea but leave the guy alone for fuck sake at least he had the balls to share his opinion with use what you've never had a bad idea fuck grow the fuck up , I applaud you stud.

Just so I don't get done for spamming, no I dont think he should be inducted as the blue Blazor because he should be remembered for the hart legacy..happy mods? :)

Good work stud hope to see more of you :)

I honestly think it's time for the wwe to induct owen but how many of you feel he should be inducted as the blue blazer? I think thats the only way he should be inducted. Stone cold wasn't inducted as steve williams was he? Was shawn michaels inducted as shawn hickenbottom? Of course not. We all remember owen as the blue blazer and thats why he should be inducted as such. Of course bret should be the one that inducts the blue blazer. What i think would be really cool if bret agreed to come down from the ceiling like the blazer before the induction speech. I know it's a small chance of happening like that because bret is such a crybaby.

I just...

I don't know...

There are no words........

But honestly, to those sticking up for them.... if you want to talk about balls, talk about consequences too. If you have the 'balls' to say something stupid, have the balls to endure the backlash. Otherwise, think before you speak.

There's no blue ribbon for coming in last place. If you're an idiot, you're an idiot. Try harder. Don't expect to be babied.

Anyone who suggests Bret Hart dropping from the rafters to induct the BLUE BLAZER to the Hall of Fame deserves any and all backlash coming to him, and then some.

And to say we all remember Owen as the Blue Blazer is insulting, frankly. Don't assume that the only wrestling we've seen is what WWF has put on our TVs. Many of us have seen him on World of Sports, Stampede, New Japan Pro Wrestling, and more. Heck, even in WWF he was mostly Owen Hart. The Blue Blazer wasn't at the 'Slammy Awards,' Owen Hart was.

ONE MORE THING-
If you're comparing this to inducting HBK as Hickenbottom, then you don't know what an 'analogy' is.
A more fitting analogy would be:
if Mike Awesome was indcuted as 'That 70s Guy.'
if Chavo Guerrero was inducted as Kerwin White.

Kane as Isaac Yankem? Certainly a fitting analogy. I'm not saying Chavo or Awesome are Hall of Famers. Just hypothetical, as they were much more than their comedy gimmicks.

As was Owen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back