• Michael Myers

• Leatherface

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

mike-myers.jpg

The silent psycho, Michael Myers was the quintessential embodiment of "The Boogie Man" himself. Myers lost it as a very young boy - age 6 - by far the youngest known start for any other killer in the field. (Jason was 21 when he avenged his mother in part 2, and Freddy killed his stepfather around 17)

Not requiring a large, flashy weapon like a machete, chainsaw, or knived glove, Michael was happy to use the old standby - a huge butcher knife - to kill many of his victims. It was more concealable (remember, on Halloween, Michael would walk the streets of Haddonfield undetected), and easily moved around with him. It wasn't bulky, and didn't make noise that alerted a potential victim to his approach. Michael has NEVER been the victim of his own knife in any appreciable way, having been dispatched twice with guns (parts 1 and 4), once my firey explosion (part 2), twice by blunt object (a 4 x 4 in part 5 and a lead pipe in part 6), once by machete (H20), and once by electrocution (Resurrection).

Similar to Freddy, Michael had many notable and reoccuring female protagonists. Laurie Strode - Michael's sister played by Jamie Lee Curtis - in parts 1, 2, H20, and breifly in Resurrection, and Jamie Lloyd - Michael's neice and Laurie's daughter - in parts 4, 5, and breifly in 6. Also of note was the re-emergence of Tommy Doyle, the young boy Laurie Strode babysat for in the original film. He came back as the infinitely talented Paul Rudd in Part 6, and defeated Michael.

In comparison to Jason and Freddy, Michael's last film was left open-ended, since the movie companies refuse to let the series / franchise end. Rob Zombie attempted to breathe new life into the series with his remake of the original.

VS

142224__texas_chainsaw_l.jpg

Leatherface is also unique in a way. Despite being the central character in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre series, in a manner of thought he was not always depicted as the true antagonist. Since his entire family were insane, evil cannibals, Leatherface often reacted violently out of fear or command. The other neat thing about Leatherface, as opposed to his opponent Michael Myers, is that he has no actual personality - and the mask he wears determines who his personality is. He either wore a "grandmother mask," which allowed him to be domestic and help around the house, the "pretty girl mask" which allowed him to be attractive and wear make-up, and the "killing mask" which is self-explanatory. Michael Myers's mask is white, blank, and shows no emotion. Leatherface's masks show too much.

It also bears mentioning that 'Leatherface' isn't even called that until the third film. He is called "Bubba" in the original by his brother, but not until part 2. He is nameless in the original, but is often spoken to by his father and brothers with derisive terms, often targeting his ******ation or looks.

It's obvious what the weapon of choice is here - the chainsaw. Though he does pick up a sledgehammer from time to time (a direct in to his world at the family slaughterhouse), the saw is truly his trademark. And it is turned on him VERY often. In the original, the saw dropping and cutting into LFace's leg is the only thing that saves the heronie, and he is impaled with it in part 2 prior to the explosion that supposedly kills him.

Protagonists have no business in these films, since they often don't survive anyway. There's no continuity with the "good guys," and the major character development focuses on the family of cannibals.

myers win this and goes on to the finals. this could be one of the best slasher tournaments of all time. go mikey myers go

Well said Irish, you have sure nailed down this tournament. My top 4 picks have all made it here. Leatherface has put up a good fight, defeating Chucky, and he deserved it. He however is the forth placed candidate in my books. Michael Myers is the ultimate killer here. He is the ultimate killing machine. He also possess human qualities that makes him even better. He is the king of killing. (On a side note, is there going to be a bronze medal game, between Leatherface and the other loser?)

Michael Myers beats Leatherface by a slim margin here. Myers has the proverbial horror killer "IT" factor. Leatherface isn't as scary as he is disgusting and unnerving. Myers has finesse to what he does - he always appears to be one step ahead of his prey and kills without any provocation.

While Leatherface does the latter as well, he's basically a mentally ******ed guy in a mask made of human skin running around with chainsaw, naturally resulting in sloppy killings out of pure animal instinct. Besides, Myers is one of the few horror film killers that I have been "scared" of, which is more than I can say for ol' Leatherface. Myers gets the win 'ere.

Myers takes this for me. Michael Myers is a psychopath with no feels or empathy for others, where Leatherface is just a mental. I think leatherface is scary and all but Myers is the definition of a great slasher. I think Myers is just smarter and more decieving and just doesn't rely on a "disgust" factor like leatherface, and he get's my vote!

Wow, for a final 4 match, this isn't remotely close.

Myers outclasses LFace in every way. Even in realism, if you want to split hairs! It's perfectly feasible for a breach in security at an asylum. ANd for a killer behind a mask to walk around on Halloween Night.

Myers was ultra-creepy, and smart, too. He knew how to drive, he was quiet and purposeful.

One interesting point - Myers, like Leatherface, are among the only slasher villains to show actual emotion in a film. THink about it - Halloween 5, when Jamie Lloyd calls him "Uncle Boogie Man," he has a moment of peace, and even sheds a tear. It shows you how, despite his rage, he's actually not totally out of touch with normalcy. LFace had that moment in the 2nd TCM film, when he disguised a would-be female victim whom he had a crush on to keep his brothers from killing her, or from making him kill her.

[youtube]MK_1wqWDEdw[/youtube]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back