Sanchez/Stafford

truk24

Getting Noticed By Management
Now I understand that these two may not be the only two taken in the first round of this year's draft, but they are the two most talked about QB's right now. With that said does anyone else think they are going to be the next Palmer/Manning. No Peyton or Carson were in the same draft.

However when Peyton came to Indy, and Carson to Cincy both of those teams went from nothing to something after one full season of play by both QB's. That is in their second year's both of these teams that both Manning, and Palmer played for were playoff contenders. Despite his injuries Palmer is one of the best in the game today. We all know where Manning's career went.

I'm not sure I'm sold on how good these guys are. Palmer/Manning are rare. Not many QB's can take a no name team, and turn them in to contenders in such short time. Yes, Roethlisberger took the Steelers to new heights, but he was surrounded by a playoff caliber team unlike Peyton/Manning. Same goes for Phillip Rivers. I'm not taking anything away from Ben or Rivers because they are a different type of successful QB that I will get to in a minute.

The focus here is wondering if we will see teams who pick high placing their hopes on one player, the franchise QB. The Colts did it, and the Bengals did it, both succeeded. We haven't seen this type of QB in some time now. Some would say Matt Ryan, and I think that may hold true. Which means are we in line for the second coming of a great franchise QB? If I had to pick either Matt or Mark. I would have to go with Matt because he played in the SEC and the Bulldogs have a tough offensive scheme.

A ton has to be going through the mind of the Lions right now. As they have Culpepper who is experienced. We know that Daunte can play the game at a high level, but look at how long it has been. I don't want to count him out, but I think the Lions have to be wondering about this pick. Then again the Lions could draft Crabtree first overall, and then take his former college teammate Graham Harrel in the 3 rd round with the first pick.

For some reason I can't see why the Rams would allow someone like Stafford go unless he isn't the real deal. Which brings me to the next point. Maybe Stafford and Sanchez could be like Ben/Phillip/Flacco? What I mean is this. Ben had success right away because the Steelers weren't a "bad" team. They were lucky enough to see Ben fall in to their laps in 2004 draft. In any case he had success their, and obviously still does. Rivers watched from the lines, but when he came in as the starter he had success. Rivers was surrounded by a solid team, and a great RB by the way. Look at what Flacco did this past season. The Ravens a season from this last draft were 13-3. A bad season dealt them Flacco, and an AFC title game against the Steelers.

All three of these men went to teams that were "good", and just had a bad season. In any case that bad season got them the QB that all of these three teams needed. With that said lets look at some teams that might fit this role this year. Tampa Bay is the first team that comes to mind right now. They just missed the playoffs, and their division the toughest in football this season in the NFC. Their picking right at a spot where we could see them land a franchise QB. I think if either Mark or Matt end up here we are already looking at a better situation for the Bucs next season. They have a stellar defense, and all they really need is that franchise QB.

My next pick would be the Vikings. We all know how strong their defense is, and they have Adrian Peterson at RB. With Peterson at RB that means the QB won't have tons of pressure on him. Childress is an offensive genius, and I'm sure he can do something with either Sanchez/Stafford. If the Vikings grab either of these two men we should see them winning the NFC North, and making a run for the Superbowl in two years.

The last team would be Seattle. They already have a good defense, and the running game could pick up at anytime for them. The NFL is full of great backs, and the draft should provide them with something as it seems to be the case nowadays. Matt Forte was a shock for most fans in Chicago when he was taken in the 2nd round. Look at the star he has emerged to be. The Seahawks will be picking high in the second round this year, and that could be the perfect time to address the running game. If they can land Sanchez/Stafford I think the Cardinals will have some competition atop the AFC West.

In the end I think we are looking at two QB's who should provide immediate support, and give their respective teams a chance. I don't feel either of these two should they go to a poor top 3 team will make much of a difference. I don't see Peyton nor Carson in either of these two men, not unless these three teams work some magic in the offseason, and amass a playoff team around these young guns. I do however feel that if either of these 2 men go to any of the three teams I mentioned earlier Vikings, Bucs, Seahawks then we could see something special this nfl season.

Note: I also feel that Aaron Rodgers also falls in to the same category as Ben/Rivers/Flacco. Rodgers for all intensful purposes walked on to a great team. Would also like to say that Rodgers has also shown that he will be a great nfl passer. His stats were amazing this year, but his defense couldn't help win games. He put up over 4000 yds, tossed 28 TD's, only 13 ints, and a 93.8 QB rating. Can anyone complain about that. Favre who?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back