Samsung Galaxy S4

Eh I just got the S3 in late October so I couldn't get this anyway. Not that I would, I'm having enough problems with this phone.
What problems are you having?

What exactly do you mean by "due for an upgrade"?

In America, cell phone providers subsidize the cost of a new phone a significant amount, if the user agrees to a new cell contract with them. So, for example, a new 2 year agreement with cell phone carrier AT&T will turn a $600 phone into a $200 phone.

What problems are you having?.

Turns out I have the Steller not the S3 but currently I have 2 problems with my phone. If my phone is locked for awhile when I go to unlock it, It says "Sim Card has been removed. Mobile network will be unavailable." (that may not be word for word it's just what it basically says) so I restart the phone and it works fine for awhile until I lock it for awhile again.

Also no matter where I am (because I get very little service at my house) even if I have full bars when i'm making a call or answer a call after about a minute it randomly locks my phone and drops the call.

I talked to Verizon about these problems yesterday so they replaced my sim card and the problem is still there but not as much, The call problem is still happening and I was told the only fix to that he can think of is reset the phone to factory default or something like that.

I'm the same way. When people give me an iPhone to look at something, I usually have to do a double take, just to get used to the size.
Weren't you a loyal iphone user? I have an S3. Got it the day it was released for Sprint. I'm still indifferent. I hate my battery and I still don't understand all its so called cool features. Have you ever rooted an android?

Turns out I have the Steller not the S3 but currently I have 2 problems with my phone. If my phone is locked for awhile when I go to unlock it, It says "Sim Card has been removed. Mobile network will be unavailable." (that may not be word for word it's just what it basically says) so I restart the phone and it works fine for awhile until I lock it for awhile again.

Also no matter where I am (because I get very little service at my house) even if I have full bars when i'm making a call or answer a call after about a minute it randomly locks my phone and drops the call.

I talked to Verizon about these problems yesterday so they replaced my sim card and the problem is still there but not as much, The call problem is still happening and I was told the only fix to that he can think of is reset the phone to factory default or something like that.
I would try to reset the phone. See if that fixes it. It's hard to say on a phone like that.

Weren't you a loyal iphone user?
I'm a loyal "I want the best" user. For a long time, that was the iPhone. And, quite frankly, the iPhone is still a good phone. But it's no longer the best.

I have an S3. Got it the day it was released for Sprint. I'm still indifferent. I hate my battery and I still don't understand all its so called cool features. Have you ever rooted an android?

My Note 2 is my first Android phone, but I did root (and later flash a custom ROM) to my Nook Color.

I ended up selling the Nook Color you helped me root. It was pretty good but at the time I didn't really need a tablet that much. Now I'm thinking about getting the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7 inch). It's selling at $179 on the Samsung website and on Amazon.

I ended up selling the Nook Color you helped me root. It was pretty good but at the time I didn't really need a tablet that much. Now I'm thinking about getting the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7 inch). It's selling at $179 on the Samsung website and on Amazon.

Even before I had my Note, I just didn't find a whole lot of instances where having a tablet was helpful. And now that I have a phone which is a mini tablet, I certainly don't need a tablet anymore.

I have a work issued iPad. My supervisor put me in charge of teaching our board of directors how to use it, and then give classes in a few of our exchanges. No one else in my department has the balls apparently to stand up and teach except me. I volunteered because no one else was going to so I figured I might as well get some kudos points in my favor.

You can imagine my chagrin for dealing with anything Apple related.

I would try to reset the phone. See if that fixes it. It's hard to say on a phone like that.

I'm a loyal "I want the best" user. For a long time, that was the iPhone. And, quite frankly, the iPhone is still a good phone. But it's no longer the best.

My Note 2 is my first Android phone, but I did root (and later flash a custom ROM) to my Nook Color.

Is rooting it difficult? I tried rooting my galaxy but since android updated to the 4.2.2 I haven't been able to find a program that works with it

I don't like the whole 'Syncing to iTunes' part of iPhones..and if I put it on a different computer it deletes things..or something? Meh, too much hassle, and I don't really like the look of iPhones.

Anyway, I LOVE my S3, and can't wait to get the S4. The Note 2 is way too big, not as a phone, just for my tiny hands. If I had bigger hands, I'd be all over it.

I don't like the whole 'Syncing to iTunes' part of iPhones..and if I put it on a different computer it deletes things..or something? Meh, too much hassle, and I don't really like the look of iPhones.

Anyway, I LOVE my S3, and can't wait to get the S4. The Note 2 is way too big, not as a phone, just for my tiny hands. If I had bigger hands, I'd be all over it.

Way too easy I'll let that one pass :).

I need a new phone. The S4 would be £10 a month more than the S3. Can someone tell me if the difference would be worth it?

Different phones and Android versions do it differently, I believe. It depends on the phone you have. Usually an older and more popular phone will have more information on it.

I have the S3 recently updated it 4.2.2. Haven't been able to find a single thing on it.

I wanted the Note for the dual window feature, until I got around to updating my S3 and realized I could now do it on that. how many times have I used the dual window feature you ask? Once. I'm glad I didn't go out and get a Galaxy note that's for sure.

I love my S3, the only flaw is the crack I have on the screen. apparently if I drop my phone while I have it up to my ear and it lands on concrete it won't hurt it, yet if the vibration knocks my phone off of my low bedside table and it lands on concrete it will crack the screen.

If your in desperate need of a phone soon then the S4 is the way to go. I would say the HTC One because I think they've built a great phone, except for the fact that the camera on it is mediocre.

If you can wait though I would wait a few months to see what Google/Motorola bring to the table. Word is we could see the "X Phone" in May or June. And there is talk of being able to customize your phone at checkout. What exactly you can customize, if true, is not known yet. But its definitely worthing waiting to see if any of it is true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back