• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Some cell phone help needed here please.

Navi

With the safety off!!
I didn't really know where to put this and thought it would be safe enough in this forum.

Okay, I have a Samsung Galaxy 4S, and while all the specs tell me it has a great camera, I don't seem to be able to get great pictures with it. I've read all the tutorials online and been to Youtube to watch some of them. The problem is they kind of treat you like you already know what you're doing and they're for the more advanced features. I'm just trying to get off the starting line.

I went to the WWE house show in Toronto last night and tried to take pictures with the phone. Most of them are blurry as shit, and the lighting is just horrendous. Plus I keep getting this message to hold the camera still when I'm taking a picture. Believe me I couldn't have held it any steadier. Tried different modes from automatic, sports and panorama same result with all of them.

If this phone is shit then I won't use it anymore, but I see others with the same phone taking great pictures, I'm just ******ed as my son suggested. His Iphone takes fantastic pictures, but he won't let it out of his hand.

So if anyone has this phone and knows how to work the camera, any help would be appreciated.

You're going to have a harder time taking good pictures in a darkened arena when the focus of your photos are constantly moving. That's going to be true of ANY camera, especially camera phones. If you add in the likelihood of you trying to zoom in with it, it's going to be even MORE difficult to get a great shot. Additionally, the Galaxy S4 is several years old now (the current version is the S7), so you're also dealing with older technology.

As far as what you can do under those particular settings with that particular phone? Usually centering your camera on someone and tapping the screen on them will help focus the camera. Try to take the picture at precisely the moment the phone isn't blurry (may have to anticipate), especially if the person stops moving. Also, you might see if the S4 has a burst mode (I believe it does) and burst mode will sometimes help catch one good picture out of the several it'll take.

I'm not really a camera expert, so those are the best tips I can provide. Someone else might have some more advice.

Thanks for the advice Sly. I did use the burst mode and got maybe one half decent picture out of 10. I'm a horrible photographer anyway, but this camera is supposed to be good, might have to invest in a good digital now. Mine is about 5 years old.

My S5 camera was hot garbage. I think they expected you to be a professional photographer with a fucking tripod to get a decent picture

I've always taken good pictures with my Galaxy S6.

But yes, if you want really good pictures, you need to invest in a good camera.

Exactly. Maybe even one that spits the picture out directly from the camera. If they could somehow figure out the technology where you could just shake the photo a bit and it develops right in front of your eyes without the need for messy chemicals or rude photo techs.

Navi, shit isn't supposed to be blurry. Please seek immediate medical help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back