Samoa Joe Suspended?

One thing though: where was he getting by being silent? Also, what's going to stop the next guy from coming up behind him and saying they should be pushed and not Joe? Where do you stop listening to people? People like Carter agree with whomever the last person that spoke her was. Hogan is about as famous as you can be for only pushing his friends and so is Bischoff. Finally, at Turning Point he shot on the company. Four months later he was winning the world title. Him yelling worked once, so why not do it again?

Presuming him shooting on the company had anything to do with him winning a world title that may actually have been in the cards regardless prior, yes, but how can you prove any of that? It's all conjecture. Every last bit of it.

I seriously doubt whining and crying on a live PPV for six minutes earned him the WHC as much as the story and build simply providing he should, KB, sorry. If anything, as we've seen in the past, whining and crying gets you anything but a WHC.

I have to agree and disagree with the great It's Damn Real here. I agree with Joe he's been poorly used, poorly booked, poorly packaged, poorly pushed and is furious about it (anyone else remember Joe getting "kidnapped" and then nothing being done of it? This is the kind of failure TNA creative is responsible for) but on the same hand as a member of TNA management if you don't punish Joe for the outburst it sends a message that anyone with a grievance can bust into a conference call and blow a gasket. I don't know the details of Joe's deal but with the E finally seeming to climb over that hump of burying guys they didnt make maybe its time Joe made that call to his buddies John Cena and CM Punk and just say "Get me in". Joe's weight has been just about the same since his record setting ROH world title reign so anyone playing that card is an idiot. He's a bigger guy ok whats your point? Find me a guy whos 280+ and can do CCS Enziguri or his Suicide Elbow (in the words of Katt Williams "Don't worry I'll wait") Bottom line is Joe has been over in TNA since day 1 and yet has had only 1 world title reign? Joe needs to get out of TNA cause let's face it Eazy E and Russo ruined WCW and they are not going to be able to raise the sinking ship that is TNA. I want to see Samoa Joe vs CM Punk in WWE or Samoa Joe vs Tyler Black in RoH by the end of the year. Though at this point Joe is 31 its time to go to the company thats gonna pay you the big bucks to put asses in the seats and for those who dont watch the E because they are sick of Super Cena and guys like his Joe is the kind of name that may bring a few back around if not just to see what they do with him.

So it is written....so shall it come to pass....
Quoth the RaVeN.....Nevermore

Presuming him shooting on the company had anything to do with him winning a world title that may actually have been in the cards regardless prior, yes, but how can you prove any of that? It's all conjecture. Every last bit of it.

You're missing what I was saying there. He shot on the company and still got his title win. Him winning at Lockdown had been the plan for months.

I seriously doubt whining and crying on a live PPV for six minutes earned him the WHC as much as the story and build simply providing he should, KB, sorry. If anything, as we've seen in the past, whining and crying gets you anything but a WHC.

Back in WCW what happened backstage is what got you everything. That was back when Russo, Hogan and Bischoff were running the place. I'm sure nothing like that happens now though. That's beside the point though.

The thing this boils down to for me is Joe and apparently others are not happy with the way things are going in the company and are doing something about it. While they may not be doing it in the right or proper way, it's clear that something isn't right in this company behind the scenes. I have a feeling this could be the first step in a big problem for them.

You're missing what I was saying there. He shot on the company and still got his title win. Him winning at Lockdown had been the plan for months.

Right, which means they looked past his shoot in a sense – I get that, but that might not have been a failure to indict as much as you're making it out to be. What alternative did they really have at the time? He was the hottest thing in the company at the time – they couldn't simply suspend him and move on without taking a serious blow to the story at hand. It was also one of the first times he did something like that in TNA at the time.

Back in WCW what happened backstage is what got you everything. That was back when Russo, Hogan and Bischoff were running the place. I'm sure nothing like that happens now though. That's beside the point though.

The thing this boils down to for me is Joe and apparently others are not happy with the way things are going in the company and are doing something about it. While they may not be doing it in the right or proper way, it's clear that something isn't right in this company behind the scenes. I have a feeling this could be the first step in a big problem for them.

I agree with the general sentiment here.

His character has been part of a few stupid plot lines lately. Ok, mostly one. Some silly looking men in ski masks KIDNAPPED him and kept him off tv for a month. WITH NO EXPLANATION.
I'd be miffed, too.
I was reading a report about the fan fest thing. The guy who wrote it said something along the lines of "what surprised me the most was how friendly Samoa Joe was."
I don't know. Suspend big fat Joe for being fat - BUT push big fat Abyss to the moon for being "powerfull". Again, if I were Joe, I'd be pissed.
Just sayin'.

joe has a tendency of losing his cool but y would he potentially risk losing his job over what management decided to do

Joe's outburst may well be due to frustrations that've been building up over a long period of time. I honestly don't believe that Samoa Joe has been used right and hasn't been used right in a very long time. If that's part of what Joe is frustrated over, I can understand to some degree. I also understand that not being used exactly the way you'd like to be is part of the job sometimes. Not everyone is going to be happy with their role all the time.

Based on what AJ Styles said regarding his distaste for certain things that are going on in TNA, maybe Joe is also just frustrated at seemingly being pushed aside. Along with AJ Styles, I'd say that Samoa Joe could arguably be considered the heart of TNA. He's been there forever, he's worked hard for the company, he's done a lot for TNA.

On one hand, screaming your head off at TNA Management isn't necessarily a smart thing to do. If you're being outright abusive verbally, well then you could be doing yourself much more harm. On the other hand, sometimes you have to get right in people's faces before they'll pay attention to what you're saying. If Joe has been frustrated for a while, has been voicing his opinions about this and that and management has basically just blown him off, then I might be a bit more inclinded to land on Joe's side. If, however, Joe just lost his cool, went apey and made a much bigger deal out of things than they really are, then maybe sending him home is for the best.

As for the whole thing of Joe's weight, I really don't see the problem. Samoa Joe has been a chubby, pudgy guy for as long as I've known about his existence. If TNA officials are unhappy about his weight and that he hasn't stayed in shape, I have to ask the question of when he ever was "in shape". Samoa Joe looks physically identical to the way he was 5 years ago.

I have no doubt that this is years of pent up frustration with TNA. Joe was a monster in ROH and his early run in TNA. The last few years, he's just kind of floated. He can put on a great match with anyone, but was only used as a guy who would get plugged in here and there for quick feuds but nothing substantial. I don't necessarily agree with how he went about this, but you cannot blame the guy for having gripes.

As for the weight, well, if they want to complain about that then they should've never hired him in the first place. He's built the same way he was in '03 or '04 and it's never hindered him. TNA is definitely risking losing one of its best talents if they continue to misuse Samoa Joe.

Keep in mind no one knows if how he has been booked has anything to do with this. So far only people in this thread have suggested this. Even if that is the case I still do not understand why he would blow up about that now of all possible times. That just does not make sense compared to many other times he has been in far worse positions. Even if he was booked poorly for whatever reason he lost his cool over something trivial and the former does not justify the latter. Two wrongs do not make a right and to me the lack of importance around what angered Joe makes it clear the fault is much more on his side in this specific instance.

On the weight issue. Watch one of his matches from back when he was the hottest thing in wrestling and show me even one example of him looking winded or tell me his muscle to fat ratio looks the same when moving in the ring now as it did then. There is a definite difference to his physique at times now.

Joe's outburst may well be due to frustrations that've been building up over a long period of time. I honestly don't believe that Samoa Joe has been used right and hasn't been used right in a very long time. If that's part of what Joe is frustrated over, I can understand to some degree. I also understand that not being used exactly the way you'd like to be is part of the job sometimes. Not everyone is going to be happy with their role all the time.

Based on what AJ Styles said regarding his distaste for certain things that are going on in TNA, maybe Joe is also just frustrated at seemingly being pushed aside. Along with AJ Styles, I'd say that Samoa Joe could arguably be considered the heart of TNA. He's been there forever, he's worked hard for the company, he's done a lot for TNA.

On one hand, screaming your head off at TNA Management isn't necessarily a smart thing to do. If you're being outright abusive verbally, well then you could be doing yourself much more harm. On the other hand, sometimes you have to get right in people's faces before they'll pay attention to what you're saying. If Joe has been frustrated for a while, has been voicing his opinions about this and that and management has basically just blown him off, then I might be a bit more inclinded to land on Joe's side. If, however, Joe just lost his cool, went apey and made a much bigger deal out of things than they really are, then maybe sending him home is for the best.

As for the whole thing of Joe's weight, I really don't see the problem. Samoa Joe has been a chubby, pudgy guy for as long as I've known about his existence. If TNA officials are unhappy about his weight and that he hasn't stayed in shape, I have to ask the question of when he ever was "in shape". Samoa Joe looks physically identical to the way he was 5 years ago.

That's not true at all, Jack – Joe weighed significantly less five years ago than he does now. He's had two kids with his wife and taken a substantial amount of time off, and in the process he's gained a substantial amount of weight to boot.

His belly and the weight in his chest and arms has increased since his debut in TNA, and bottom line is that weight does sell – that is, those who are not overweight. People will talk about Vader, Yokozuna, etc, but none of those guys have been over for over a decade or more. Bottom line is that times have changed, and fatties don't garner the same respect they used to, and neither do giants for that matter, but that's a discussion for another time.

See these photos for further proof that Joe has gotten bigger:

2005:

samoajoe4_35941.png

2007:

IMG_0683.jpg

2010:

i.php

This seems no different to the issues that Carlito had with WWE... He WANTS out... he knows his window is closing to go to WWE by the day and ironically, the only way Vince will take him is heavier... so he fits the Umaga/Fatu stereotype... Carlito wanted out... he was "an ass" backstage, chewed people out and had "poor attitude"...

This is a massive "come and get me" plea to Vince from Joe... TNA would probably do business at this point just to get the poison pill off the roster...

At worst, this is a poor rip off of the Danielson angle... at best, we'll see Joe in WWE before too much longer... he deserves the payday... even if he is gonna be used as a poor mans Rikishi...

I don't think his suspension will subsequently result in his migration to WWE. TNA once built their entire X-Division environment around Joe. The reason I say this is because in WWE, he would not have that investment. Vince and the creative team would not do that, given their track record with non-WWE stars crossing over. The only exceptions would be Jericho and Mysterio, but that's another thread.

It was rumored that WWE was interested in Joe when he first stormed onto the mainstream scene in 2005. But their interest has to have waned significantly if they are disappointed in his weight situation. Everyone knows the WWE "type," and Joe doesn't fit that obviously.

The bottom line is: TNA is Joe's home. He has a following there, and he will always maintain that following should he remain. Once these issues are worked out, they will welcome him back into the fold. Or perhaps they will get in right this time...give him optimal time to perhaps drop a little weight, and then bring him in as part of a storyline, instead of a surprise appearance to try and help ratings.

this is very surprising to me because i didn't think that that this was going to be a problem. I can understand his frustration but he should have done it in a different way. now some of ya'll said he been in this situation before.. Now i don't know what TNA is doing with his role, but i think there is a reason why he went at it with TNA mangement.. what have we seen so far couple guys kidnap Joe then he reappears on tv like nothing happen and started beating up wrestlers without explaining what happen. so does anybody knows what happen to the storyline about joe being kidnap??

Now for his weight, this is the same thing i saw with WWE when they release Big Daddy V who was suppose to be wrestling in the battle royal at wrestlemaina was told the reason for not being in wrestlemaina is due to his weight.. as for Its damn real's picture that display of how Joe looked over the years it looked like he looks the same, but puts in weight little by little and I can understand he a busy man, but don't they have gyms in the area of orlando where guys like joe can work out for a little while before going to wrestle??

I think Samoa Joe finally just said "fuck it!" and voiced his displeasure.I think he has a right to be angry.A company as chaotic in its backstage politics as TNA is bound to have some pissed off people.This has nothing to do with Joe's weight at all,and if it does,then TNA doesn't deserve to have him.They can keep their meat-heads like Rob Terry.I read that Joe's gonna be gone for a month.TNA will probably not even bother trying to come up with a reason as to why he's gone.

Joe has a giant sense of entitlement.
He is an EMPLOYEE. TNA is within it's rights to ask him to get in better shape.

Joe has gotten lazy, he hasn't stepped up, Jay Lethal has, he makes the most of his airtime, Joe just thinks he should be a Main Eventer.

Stop blaming management for everything, it's on the talent to make things work

Well it sounds like the rumors are true.

Even though Joe should learn to channel his attitude and learn how to handle his TNA issues better than he did, I still feel that Joe had a pretty good reason of getting upset.

The truth is Joe is one of the best wrestlers in the world when he is utilized properly (ala The Samoan Submission Machine from the past). For all the people who stay that Joe isn't in shape, I say that's crap. I've seen this guy go for over 60 minutes and not get lazy in the ring the entire match. Just because he's a little on the heavy side and sweats doesn't mean he's out of shape, if the guy can't wrestle 4 minutes without blowing up (like Yokozuna in '96) then he's out of shape, and even though Joe doesn't have a 6 pack, he can still go longer and better than any John Cena or Batista ever could. If you can keep up with AJ Styles for 45 minutes, you're in shape. Not only that, he is a very technically sound wrestler and can put on a great match with anyone if given the time (as in not a 4 minute throwaway match).

Joe hasn't been used to his full potential and TNA is blowing it with this guy, for Christ Sakes he would be their #1 star if TNA knew how to book. Say whatever you want about his attitude, but if I wasn't being utilized I would be pissed too, especially if he was such a big star in TNA a few years ago (and its not like ratings got better when he lost the title).

I can understand where TNA is coming from as Joe's actions are unprofessional, but from what I've heard it sounds like there are a lot more people in TNA that are pissed than Samoa Joe. There is a good way and a bad way to handle situations, and even though Joe handled his situation poorly (I think suspension in a bit harsh) I still think he has every reason to be pissed. His Hardy match finish was just terrible timing and booking in my opinion.

This is just like Randy Orton's outbursts except Orton hasn't even got a slap on the wrist, and Joe is suspended. Joe probably was out of line with management. I guess the argument was about the 30 second time limit that was counted down during his match with Jeff Hardy on Impact. I don't understand why he would be mad at that since he has had matches in the past where the time limit was counted down.

I can definitely understand why he would be angry about not being used though. I don't even blame him for shooting on Dixie Carter and Scott Hall in 2007, because they deserved it. Scott Hall no showed and was pushed before Homicide. If someone no shows in your match at the main event of a PPV, you have every right to be pissed off.

As far as his weight goes, if his weight is a factor then I don't see it. Also, if weight is such a big deal in TNA then Rosie Lottalove should be fired first along with Abyss. Abyss has gotten huge and sloppy over the past year. I guess when you are Hogan's boy then it comes with benefits. I'm siding with Joe on this one. He may have overreacted or over stepped his bounds, but who can blame him working with shitty management.

You guys haven't apparently paid much attention lately: Before Joe's match with Hardy, Borash wanted to say, "30 seconds left!" to announce the time left in the match, but Joe kept asking him not to do it because it could spoil and ruin the match. Come iMPACT!, Borash screams out, "30 seconds left!" and I bet a lot of people knew how the match would end. Joe's frustration must've been pretty high, and considering his misuse in the company lately, he was probably bottling up all that frustration.

Seriously, the guy was on a roll in 2005-2007, but then management decided they didn't know what to do with Joe. They bring him back as Taz's student, then thrust him into the MEM despite constant feuding with them under the premise of money, have him be kidnapped by ninjas, then come back with absolutely no idea of where to put him. I would be frustrated too if this were happening to me.

WOW TNA....just wow! Joe has been mis used lately from being kidnapped to being put into random fueds after a random return among other things, he deserves to be pissed off! I agree with that saying the 30 seconds remaining thing ruined it. Imagine if they did that during AJ-Angle? It would've KILLED the ending as no one knew who was going to win, and no one would've guessed that the time would run out. For now, even though it's only a month long, I wonder how they'll write this insane, pissed off, killing machine who's been on a rampage lately(on TV so don't freak) off TV???

First Post

Wow, tna messed up pretty bad. They could have put him in the x-division again or could had a feud with AJ Styles or whoever but no, they didn't have a clue what to do with him. He as all the right to be pissed off at tna management and I don't blame him for it. I would be pissed off too. It all comes down to it, Tna management has 30 days to figure out what they want to do with joe and hopefully it will work out for him and if not, he could always goto RoH.

It was most likely out of line for him to go off (if the reports are true) like that but, I hope he takes it as a clue that TNA isn't worth his time and he goes elsewhere.

Hey Yo!

Now Samoa Joe had every right to get frustrated, thye gave away the match, and i bet good money he is venting his frustration at TNA management for the handling of his character and remember the uh "tighten up" speech. I dont think he forgot about that.

Now Joe went about things the wrong way. because no matter who are or who you work for getting mad at the boss aint going to get you nowhere that's damn sure.

But still, with AJ Styles showing signs of frustration also dark days are ahead for the TNA originals and it is gonna be at TNA managements expense due to this overhaul of new guys who aren't even remotely as important, talented or popular as Joe is. Nuff said.

Not going to believe a word of it until TNA confirms. When Nash was suspended last year it was confirmed by TNA. Until this is, it goes back in the pile of random rumours about TNA locker room morale that's been the hot topic lately.

However this;

This seems no different to the issues that Carlito had with WWE... He WANTS out... he knows his window is closing to go to WWE by the day and ironically, the only way Vince will take him is heavier... so he fits the Umaga/Fatu stereotype... Carlito wanted out... he was "an ass" backstage, chewed people out and had "poor attitude"...
No Samoa Joe doesn't want to go to the WWE. He's been offered contracts before and turned them down. And really the WWE would want joe fatter? Yes, the WWE wants to sign Samoa Joe so long as he gains more weight which could be detrimental to his health.

This is a massive "come and get me" plea to Vince from Joe... TNA would probably do business at this point just to get the poison pill off the roster...
How do people come up with this shit?

At worst, this is a poor rip off of the Danielson angle...
Seriously, how do you come up with this shit?

at best, we'll see Joe in WWE before too much longer...
They wouldn't know how to use him. They already tried cloning him and that guy ended up dying.

he deserves the payday... even if he is gonna be used as a poor mans Rikishi...

This just adds to the hilarity of what you're saying. You think Joe would be a poor man's Rikishi, you've somehow concluded this is a firing, you think a guy who's been quoted in interviews stating his disdain for the WWE is jumping ship and you think he should put on more weight that could affect his health negativley to appeal to the WWE. The WWE's already had plenty of fat samoans who've either died or ended up unemployed. I can't think that they need another.

uh ... i don't Blame TNA ... not even joe is not in a good shape .. he react like an unprofessional Wrestler ..
he never had anything ... he even don't have mic skills ... he a sheep by any means !
Thank U TNA .. SomeTimes Wrestler shoud understand that they're not above the Company !

No Samoa Joe doesn't want to go to the WWE. He's been offered contracts before and turned them down

IIRC, he was offered developmental contracts. He'd have had to take a pay cut to go to WWE. I can't find it today on google, but he said publicly something like "I'm a professional wrestler, I do this for money, I'm not going to do it for LESS money."

That was in 2006 or 2007, when the WWE main event was Cena, HHH, Angle, Mysterio, Orton, Michaels, Undertaker, Batista, JBL, Benoit, Booker, RVD, Edge with Kennedy, Jeff Hardy, Kane, Big Show, Lashley and Umaga on the undercard. Look at that list of names, and think about how many WWE can count on for Wrestlemania 2011? 2012? Cena, Orton, HHH, and that's it. They've developed Miz, Punk and Seamus, and they'll still have some of those guys, but there is plenty of room for Samoa Joe at or near the top of the card.

When Joe is a free agent, I'd have to think he'd be looking at a WWE contract at least as good as what TNA is paying him. Even if WWE doesn't see him as a World Champion, WWE midcarders make better money than TNA stars anyway. Otherwise, you wouldn't see Christian in WWE. (Well, you don't SEE him much, but he's on the roster.)

And really the WWE would want joe fatter?
I agree that Joe is plenty big enough. He doesn't need to be Viscera/MArk Henry sized to get the point across that he's a big badass.

They wouldn't know how to use him. They already tried cloning him and that guy ended up dying.

They probably wouldn't know how to use him, but neither has TNA lately, so why not take the pay raise?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back