Royal Rumble: The Royal Rumble Match

Listen clown who hates john cena, u know nothing about wrestling because John Cena is a great Wrestler that put his career on the line for the business. He is not at 100 percent and he is risking further injury, but him winning the rumble tonight made me happier than any rumble. I am a stone cold fan and i loved the 1998 rumble more then anything until tonight when cena won. All of the greats have won a rumble match and finally Cena gets the status as a legend!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread is to talk about the Rumble Match if you want to discuss John Cena use the Official John Cena thread in the WWE Section that is in the RAW subforum

Ugh. Second worst Royal Rumble finish ever. I was really rooting for one of them that was shafted with an early entry number, like Taker.

I really thought HHH was going to win it, but not tonight.

All hail Cena, reign of endless boredom. Again. /sigh.

Miz would have been better!

Awesome show from top to bottom!

I loved the Y2J vs JBL match the intensity in that fued is awesome to watch, they do a great job of putting each other over, hope they keep that fued going for a while

Edge and Rey was awesome I thought, very good match with a great spear by Edge to finish the match

the Royal Rumble was just great threw out I loved how the kept more people in the ring all together much longer

Cena being #30 blew me away, not that I was ever a huge Cena fan but because it was just unexpected, first time WWE has shocked me in a long time, I was for sure HHH was going to win coming in but I am very happy that I was wrong

great overrall show, awesome way to start off the year with this being the first PPV of 2008 and the first PPV in HD which was awesome

Best PPV in a long time for me amazing show for top to bottom and the MSG crowd was awesome as well

I gotta hand it to WWE in one respect... I'M STUNNED! From that angle it was cool, but im also worried. Cena went on record to say he would not wrestle at Mania, that he was going to be out too long, so he either lied or he is risking himself. He didnt look horrible tonight in the match, but he also didnt wrestle a full one-on-one contest so who knows how well his shoulder is.

I'm probably going to get into trouble for complaining about Cena in the wrong section, but i have to point this out: WWE sucked majorly while he was champion and since he's been injured they have coincidentally put on some of their best shows in a LONG time, maybe because we dont know what's going to happen every week.

The rumble as a PPV was good for me, the whole thing, then his music hit, and my heart sank because i knew he would win it. It's like we've been on this great holiday while he's been injured, and the second he entered the ring tonight, i knew it was over, we're going home to our crappy storylines and worse matches.

I thought the entire PPV was ok, I wish that Jeff ardy ad gotten the WWE Championship as he was on a roll and had a great story going on with Randy Orton. I thought that Orton time as Champion has been ok, but he shouldn't be the base of Raw, but I'm ok with him holding the WWE Champion seeing as John Cena won the rumble match.

I'm totally shocked at this year's rumble match. I mean Undertaker not winning was something I could see, but Triple H has beeen build as the guy getting screwed by Vince and I thought for sure he would go over, but I like the move by the WWE of making it look like Cena would be out for a long time. Hell for once in a while, the WWE has been doing something tey haven't done since 1999, and that is surprise the fans.

Anyone else think back to 90 when it was Hogan vs Warrior at the end of the rumble or was that just me? You got a Hogan being played by Triple H (Backstage politics) and then you got the Ultimate Warrior being played by John Cena (Future of the Biz, and can't wrestle for sh*t) Idk kinda brought me back a little bit...

On a side note however, I thought the rest of the ppv and the rumble match itself was great, but did they really need to promote Maria in pb on the second biggest ppv in wwe?

safe to say everyone is surprised......i have a new found respect for hhh for steppin aside and creating the cena vs orton match that the fans were robbed of due to the injury....over all well done taker vs edge and cena vs orton are the hottest fueds...but like i said hhh writes the script and him moving aside for cena is a big step for him

HHH moving aside for Cena? HHH jobbed to Cena at one of the WMs and was recently beaten by Jeff Hardy putting him into the mainevent picture. People like you cry about Triple H dominating when Cena comes back from injury to win the RR against Batista and Triple H.

The show was pretty good overall but the Royal Rumble was the best part like always. Undertaker and Shawn Michaels were pretty good starting it off and the whole Hornswoggle walking off with Finlay thing was a waste of 2 spots imo. In the end I thought that Cena winning the rumble was a really bad move especially when either Batista or HHH would have won; you could even hear the crowd chanting "BOO" when Cena punched and "YEAH" when Triple H punched...

Listen clown who hates john cena, u know nothing about wrestling because John Cena is a great Wrestler that put his career on the line for the business. He is not at 100 percent and he is risking further injury, but him winning the rumble tonight made me happier than any rumble. I am a stone cold fan and i loved the 1998 rumble more then anything until tonight when cena won. All of the greats have won a rumble match and finally Cena gets the status as a legend!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok y r u saying cena is the grestest wreslter, because of hes title reign or wrestling skill (y are the cena lover keeps accusing cena is a terrific wreslter). ok u actually beleive cena did suffer a year injury and able to revoer in 4 months, wow superman. cena has already recover well to compete in the ring, hes is the top guy and vince would not risk hes top guy just to promote mania.

him winning the rumble absolutely pathetic, y, cuz he just make the come back out of nowhere with no momentum and just beat the top guys like triple easil. that just makes him more superman wow. certainly there r alot of guys in the rumble deserves to win other than cena winning who just fulling the purpose of hyping wm24.

overall cena is being promote insane, two years of title reign is not enough but have to go for more. because of cena guys like jeff hardy never made to top spot earlier.

man i just dont know who i should complain to. cena or vince

i just got back from the Garden and man that show was hot it was totally unexpected that Cena wold be number 29 for WWE lied and said he wasn't gonna wrestle so ya that was hot he came back and messed up that he beat Tripple H!!!

anyways thought i know for sure that John Cena's win is not a clean win for Hornswaggle was never eliminated for he just walked out ith Finaly says so on the WWE website so that means John Cena has to face Hornswaggle at No Way Out to retain number 1 contender and since Hornswaggle is too little he is gonna choose Big Show to fight Cena

Keep eyes glues to the tube to see what happens next!!!

I am new to this forum.. and all I have to say about the Rumble is that I am extremely disappointed in WWE. I'm so tired of seeing John Cena win everything. The moment he came out, I knew without a doubt that he would win.

As for Jeff Hardy & Randy Orton.. I think Jeff's been stepped on enough, I'm really irritated that he didn't get the title. It's pretty annoying for Jeff to hit all the right moves and suddenly Orton gets a lousy RKO and bam.. Jeff is down? To me, that's just ridiculousness.

Ugh. Disappointment all around for me.

I wanted to start a brand new thread about this but this thread here seems like the BEST place for me to cite this rant. The only thing I have to say about this years Royal Rumble is THANK GOD I decided NOT to order it because I would've been pretty disappointed at the outcome. Sht man, I actually even thought about attending this years Royal Rumble since it was being held in Madison Square Garden. Boy am I glad I dodged that bullet. Seriously guys, seriously, HOW MUCH MORE OVER CAN JOHN CENA POSSIBLY GET BY WINNING THIS YEARS ROYAL RUMBLE and headlining this years Wrestlemania?!? Seriously! This is FN ridiculous dude, I expected a few things to go down at this years Royal Rumble but John Cena coming in at number 30 and winning the Royal Rumble was something I did NOT expect to happen. Think about it, winning the Royal Rumble is like a guaranteed launch pad to success. It means a guaranteed push for any wrestler until Wrestlemania, the FN grand daddy of them all and they gave that FN opportunity to a wrestler who had ALREADY BEEN CHAMP for 2 plus years. Fans have already started to turn on him and now they give this great opportunity at making new superstars to John Cena who had already tasted world championship gold. And another thing, how do you have Matt Hardy in the promotional Royal Rumble poster and NOT have the guy actually in the Royal Rumble? I was banking on Matt Hardy to win it this year if not Triple H. I've been banking on Matt Hardy to win the Royal Rumble for the past 3 years but that's beside the point, why NOT include the guy in the Rumble? So what about his appendix, he can still wrestle, he's Matt Hardy, the guy WILL NOT DIE! lol

but on a more serious note, I am this close to completely turning my back on the WWE for good. They were on a very good streak recently without John nub Cena on TV and I actually started to watch Raw more again. With him surprisingly coming back and winning the rumble just pisses me off. I've been watching wrestling for 15+ years and Cena is by far the worst thing to happen in that time, next to Bill Goldberg. See, Cena winning and his 2+ year championship streak is just another way of doing the Bill Goldberg formula. The only difference is that Cena lost a few times but ultimately WON more matches than he lost.

Overall, the Royal Rumble match licked balls. The Flair match was decent, the Edge-Rey match was great, and Y2J well, seriously, who gives a sht, what a total step backwards for the guy feuding with JBL after Orton. Like that guy about me said earlier, Y2J was supposed to save us from Orton, whats he doing feuding with garbage like JBL. Who really cares who comes out on top in this feud, I don't and I've been a Jericholic since 96. WCW baby, WCW! I want YOU to want......... ME! Classic Jericho but any case, Royal Rumble licked balls. John Cena is d3f gay, ruining WWE as we know it.

but on a more serious note, I am this close to completely turning my back on the WWE for good. They were on a very good streak recently without John nub Cena on TV and I actually started to watch Raw more again. With him surprisingly coming back and winning the rumble just pisses me off. I've been watching wrestling for 15+ years and Cena is by far the worst thing to happen in that time, next to Bill Goldberg. See, Cena winning and his 2+ year championship streak is just another way of doing the Bill Goldberg formula. The only difference is that Cena lost a few times but ultimately WON more matches than he lost.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I live in Orlando, and couldn't afford WM tickets.. and have been kicking myself in the knees for weeks. WWE had been seemingly spitting out more and more entertaining shows since Cena was injured. I am not a Cena fan, but I do not wish him ill.. but now that Cena came back and won the Rumble, I am definitely changing my opinion to being GLAD AS HECK that I didn't waste my money on WM tickets!

john cena is the reason why past rumble winners rey and taker were midcards at wrestlemania. i just hope they would do the same to him and make edge headline for the first time and put him back in the midcard for good

You guys need to lighten-up.What happened last night was pure brilliance.No-one saw it coming& let's face the fact that it was always logical that Cena be No.1 contender to the WWE title given the way he lost it.At the end of the day,I doubt it will be one-on-one against RKO at WM24.It may end up being a triple-threat match or even a fatal-4-way.There's also the possibility that John will turn heel on the road to WM24.Vince's has proved that he can still shock us,so let's not rule out the possibility of more "history" being made on the road to Orlando

Now I have to admit....the WWE did a clever thing in throwing everyone a massive curve ball. Everyone was saying Taker, HHH, or HBK were gonna win....but then they make a suprise entrant win the rumble....genious move....

....untill you realise that the suprise entrant was Cena!! Now I have no problem with Cena really....but I have to agree with what someone above said....they should have given the rumble to someone new to push. Cena doesn't need the push, and WM doesn't need Cena!! There gonna end up throwing Cena into the main event and leaving Taker as midcard.... I mean...after Taker won the rumble last year, they put him MID CARD!!! WTF!!! He's the phenom!! and he gets shoved mid card!!! Ridiculous!!! So now what. If he is infact due to face Edge at WM then he belongs in the main event....especially since people are going on about "Streak vs Streak" and how Edge might just be the man to end Takers!

Also whats the deal with Pipper and Snuka getting in the rumble? is there really any point in that when you've got many new and interesting talents??

Overall I'm glad I didnt shell out money for the PPV and I hope Jeff's push is carried on a bit longer...I'm not saying he should headline WM, but I do hope he gets the push after WM at least

John Cena wins the Royal Rumble? What kind of crack is Vince and the creative team smoking?! After Cena HIMSELF said that he would not be back in the ring until the SUMMER at the earliest., suddenly there's John Cena, 2008 Royal Rumble winner? I feel that WWE took a BIG step back by having Cena win the Rumble. The guy's been on the sideline for three months, barely on WWE TV since his injury, and after spending all this hyping up Triple H, Batista, and The Undertaker, they flush all that down the toilet just to hype Cena, this generation's Hulk Hogan ( You know, charasmatic, appeals to the kids, so so wrestler.) The guy, before his injury, held the WWE title for 13 months. Really, the last thing this guy needs ( or us fans ) is another title reign. And surely Vince heard the MSG crowd booing the hell out of Cena. I hope that the creative team realizes that they dropped the ball and get Cena the hell out of the title picture. i. e. Have Vince come out and tell Cena he is not medically cleared to compete, have Cena go ape shit on Vince, and Vince indefinitely suspends Cena, maybe until the summer? ( Last part to be read with a sarcastic tone). Then you on with the Elimination Chamber at No Way Out means something. Vince, please, I'm begging you, do it for me, do it for you, do it for the boys in the back, do it the fans, give us some time without John Cena.
P.S. I have to give Triple H a pat on the back and thumbs up for putting Cena over. It seemed like a foregone conclusion that good ol Trips was winning the Rumble and wipe the floor with Orton at WM 24. For Triple H to selflessly step aside on such a huge stage to an unscheduled jabroni he should of tossed over the in 2.5 seconds boggles my mind.

I had really good time watching the WWE these past few months. In fact such a good time that this was the first PPV that I have ordered in over two years. It was like watching Rome burn, something that could be so great and entertaining ripped asunder in mere moments.

Overall the show was how I remembered PPVs; some good matches (Edge v. Rey) some crap (Y2J v. JBL) and in the end the the mid-carders are misused and Jeff is pushed back to pack to make room for the true Women and seven-year olds favorite Cena.

Sorry Jeff the girls and kids like you but they love Cena

I agree well kept secret; good for a shocking moment, but after the shock subsided anger grew as we all knew that Cena could not lose.

Mother may be the word for god to children, however to Vince and the WWE the word is Cena.

Now it is time to find something else to do with my Monday nights now that Cena is back. At least the wife will be happy that is the best thing to come out of the night (and the money I will now save not ordering WM).

Don't start bashing people , we still didn't see how this one is truning out , Yes it was a shock for Cena to comeback and yes when I read the result the first thing I said was WTF out of surprise , but on the other hand we are bored of Cena. But just wait guys see how this one turns out. And isn't Jeff hardy headlining the EC poster ? and they are both Raw superstars. Keep Tuned and I'm Sure somethign weird is going to happen.

I dont realy get why everyones so mad. Cenas return shows that vinny mac can still shock us , and hopefully there will be more twists on the way to mania (i must admit cena simply defeating orton clean at mania would be dissapointing.) but really I would have found it more dissapoiting to see trips win the rumble this year and continue his recent trend of putting himself over EVERYONE for his own personal game. Im assuming that itl be Cena - Orton at WM and really this is a sign of progress. This main event will be the passing of the torch , the first time that the two biggest young stars in the WWE lock horns at mania. Seeing trips versus Orton at mania would have been an incredible waste and a definite step backwards, to see hunter take ortons title wold make him look like a paper champion and gve trips a totally unneeded push. There were definetly some better candidates to win the rumble (punk, taker) but john Cena winning was hardly the worst case scenario. Orton vs Cena will be the new Rock vs Austin and I highly doubt that Cena will take the WWE title with no questions asked.

I spent most of my day debating whether or not I wanted to order the Royal Rumble...and I decided not to...I had made my own mind up that it was too predictable this year...Flair beats MVP, Edge beats Rey, JBL - Y2J DQs, Orton retains....HHH wins the Rumble, simple as that.
Then I logged onto the site here, read the results, and was EXTREMELY glad I did not order it. Every match ended the way I thought of, except of course for the Rumble. Sure, it was a momentary shocker, but also a mistake, for Cena to win the Rumble...
Why spend all this time to build up other superstars, only to throw a whole wrench in the mix? What are HHH, Taker, Batista, HBK, Jeff Hardy, etc. to do now? Sure, there's a proposed Elimination Chamber at No Way Out, but there can only be ONE winner.
Just having Cena win the Rumble brings up too many questions...Can he work through his rehab? How will he do so? What if he doesn't? What about all the other guys that have seen their momentum derailed now? WTF!!!????
I think I would have been happier seeing HHH win it all this year...

I just dont understand how Stephanie was against giving Jeff the title tonight because it was going to ruin the long term title plans they had that revolve around triple h, but Cena comes back and wins the rumble? how does that not affect the long term title plans? he's going to have another year long reign like the last one and that is pathetic. we have seen cena vs orton and triple h vs orton, and they should have given Jeff the belt and gave Cena vs Hardy, something new at least.

Unless they are planning on putting Cena on Smackdown, and still having the raw elimination chamber. i could see an hbk vs undertaker match at mania to make edge vs cena. then cena would have a year long reign with the world heavyweight title, and he would only have to show up on tuesdays for the taping until wrestlemania and his movie is finished filming. they had the chance to make something good happen, and it looks like they are going with the same old crap we've seen over the last year.

Normally I don't buy PPVs except for Wrestlemania, although I do watch the ones that are put on free. I therefore felt absolutely sick that I wasted £15 on perhaps the worst RR ever.

The undercard matches were predictable- Flair wins, Y2J DQs, Rey and Jeff both come close but no gold. However the RR match itself was an absolute disgrace, for numerous reasons.

1. Shelton Benjamin- his supposed push ruined after he was eliminated after about 10 seconds. Perhaps Morrison, who had a good showing will be in ECW's mania main event in some way.

2. Tommy Dreamer- buried him furthermore after his blog, yet they have him tossed out early on.

3. ECW Championship completely devalued. It is now definitely not a world title- no Orton/Edge in the match but Chavo was there; and he didn't even have a good showing.

4. Legends wasted. Foley was ok, but Snuka and Piper wasted two spots with ridiculous cameos, and were quickly dealt with by Kane.

5. Hornswoggle/Finlay angle completely wasted. They were building that up for weeks for such a crap ending- Hornswoggle spends most the time under the ring, then Finlay rushes in gets himself DQ'd and that was that.

6. Big Show- I honestly thought he would come back at 30- all the signs were there, Snitsky and BDV were eliminated right before 30 (thought they didnt want too many heavy men in ring at same time) yet no... wasn't there.

7. The worst thing that couldve happened- Cena. When I first saw his dumb face smirking coming down the aisle, the writing was on the wall.

One last thing- that new announcer Adamle was awful (Jeff Harvey wtf?).
Disgraceful.

The Rumble wasn't completely terrible this year... though it wasn't NEARLY as good as last year.

It seemed the only two feuds they remembered during the RR itself was Chavo/Punk (which needs to end immediately) and Kennedy/HBK. But what the hell? John Cena returns tonight?

Don't get me wrong, I think Cena gives it his all every single time... but right now he shouldn't be back...

They built up HHH, Undertaker, Batista, hell even Big Daddy V! but no! Cena gets to win. God I hope that Cena gets screwed out of the shot. I honestly hope that Cena loses his rights to ... I don't know... Batista would be amazing. Given I think he's overrated but he's much better than Triple H.

And the thing about Big Daddy V is that every year he was Viscera and didn't really have a gimmick it took tons of people to eliminate him (I think last year it took eight). This year... apparently all that rehab for Triple H has made him eight times stronger (god I hate HHH).

Undertaker should have won, in my opinion. Just like his wrestlemania streak, him being the only guy to win as #30 should have stayed exclusively to him. But they did it two years in a row. . .

Note to WWE: Please don't become TNA... for the love of God, DON'T BECOME TNA.

Hornswoggle had the potential for a lot of high comic spots but instead hid under the ring (like I had expected him to for some of it) and left without being eliminated. And does anyone remember the 2001 Rumble when there were tons of of weapons in the ring (thanks to Raven) and no one got disqualified? When did the shillelagh become "not-rumble-compatible?"

I did like certain things though:

Cody Rhodes stayed in for a while and did an amazing job. Good way to show his potential.

Umaga was good as well.

Snitsky wasn't in it for too long.. this was definitely a plus.

Roddy Piper and Snuka made guest appearances which was pretty cool even if they didn't last for too long.

My favorite wrestler of all time, Mick Foley, didn't eliminate himself this time.

HERE'S THE BEST PART:
Triple H didn't win!

They built up HHH, Undertaker, Batista, hell even Big Daddy V! but no! Cena gets to win. God I hope that Cena gets screwed out of the shot. I honestly hope that Cena loses his rights to ... I don't know... Batista would be amazing. Given I think he's overrated but he's much better than Triple H.

ya thats the whole point, wut cena lover dont gets is tha you dont have a guy who just recover and dominate the guy whos been build for months.
that just piss us even more off cause hes even more ridiculous more superman than ever. is pathetic, unappropiate, tottally bias from wwe just for sole purpose of selling mania without a minute of not thinking about cena.

wut you cena lover dont get, we as fan should never think in a business perspective at all. we dont care wwe is making money with cena at mania, we want something special for us. we demand a better product for us, not for wwe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back