• Brock Lesnar

• Kharma

• Vince McMahon

• Other(Please Explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.

D-Man

Gone but never forgotten.
20111220_rr2011.jpg

Almost three decades ago, the dream of WWE Chairman Mr. McMahon was made manifest with the birth of the squared circle’s most celebrated spectacle, WrestleMania. More than a quarter of a century later, 30 WWE Superstars will have the ultimate opportunity to realize their dream of performing in main event match at The Showcase of the Immortals. (WATCH: ROYAL RUMBLE 2012 PREVIEW)

They can dance on The Grandest Stage of Them All at WrestleMania XXVIII. But first, one Superstar will need to surpass the efforts of 29 opposing competitors with the same aspiration in the 2012 Royal Rumble Match.

A celebrated tradition in WWE, the Rumble began in 1988 with a relatively modest figure of 20 Superstars, but has boasted at least 30 competitors since the following year. Last year, 10 additional gladiators brought the count to 40, creating a chaotic environment ultimately won by The Mexican Aristocrat Alberto Del Rio. This year, the Rumble Match honors its heritage by reverting to the classic 30-man format that is so beloved by the WWE Universe.

A test of endurance, athleticism and survival at all costs, the Rumble Match is the definitive Battle Royal, where each Superstar’s prime objective is to propel their opponents over the top rope, with both feet touching the floor. Every 90 seconds, an additional ring warrior with a randomly drawn entry number joins the fray. In the end, the last Superstar standing can officially punch a gold-embossed ticket to Miami, where they will contend for either Raw’s WWE Championship or SmackDown’s World Heavyweight Championship.

Though luck of the draw can be a critical factor in such a high-stakes situation, past winners have included Superstars who kicked off the Rumble Match at number one (including 1995’s Shawn Michaels victory) or number two (Rey Mysterio in 2006, and The Chairman himself in 1999). Commonly considered the most desired slot, only twice has the Rumble been won by the Superstar entering at the revered number 30: The Undertaker’s sole conquest in 2007, and John Cena’s shocking return and victory at Madison Square Garden in 2008.

Surprises and other unique moments have become de rigueur for Rumble Matches, including the aforementioned John Cena victory, Edge’s similar feat in 2010, and last year’s appearances of Diesel and Booker T. Even WWE Hall of Famer Drew Carey got in on the action in 2001. In 1998, all three of Mick Foley’s personas – Cactus Jack, Mankind, and Dude Love – all entered the Rumble Match individually. One can only speculate which Legends, returning favorites, or pop culture icons may make unannounced cameos at this year’s event.

However, as the saying goes, “You have to be in it to win it.” Tune in to Raw and SmackDown, and stay logged on to WWE.com as the 25th annual Royal Rumble approaches. Then be sure to watch live on pay-per-view on Sunday, Jan. 29 at 8 ET/5 PT as this epic event defines the path of the coming year in WWE.

It's that time of year again.

Since we all know that the Royal Rumble is the WWE's next PPV, we also know that there is going to be a 30-man (or possibly 40-man again) over the top rope Royal Rumble matchup with the winner automatically getting the golden ticket for a main event world championship match at Wrestlemania. Each year, this match becomes more and more unpredictable and exciting. WWE is usually good for 2-3 surprise entrants, some swerves, crazy antics, startup feuds, and surprises that always leave us satisfied.

Let's keep all of the discussion about the Royal Rumble match in here.

When i look at this years Rumble, I think it will be go to an up and comer on Smackdown. With Rock vs Cena, Taker defending the streak and possible Punk vs Jericho, i think the World Heavyweight Title match will be between two young stars.
Now onto my pick. I say the winner ends up being Wade Barrett. He isnt really a favourite to win this year but people still keep him in the discussion. I think WWE is ready to let the "Barrett Barrage" really reach its full potential.
I see DBryan vs Barrett at WM28 or possible a triple threat with Orton getting into the match somehow.

If the rumored Jericho/Punk match happens then surely Jericho would be an obvious candidate for the win to add one of the few remaining accomplishments he has left to gain. That would give the match an added prestige, not that it would need it.

But Royal Rumble winner "Best in the world at what he does" vs the "Best in the world" WWE Champion does have a nice ring to it...doesnt it? huh? WELL????

A lot of these predictions can vary depending on who 1/2/12 is. Assuming it's Jericho, I don't think he needs to win the Rumble AT ALL to insert himself into the title picture. He's a great wrestler and great on the mic. His superstar status alone gives him the ability to confront Punk immediately. That would mean the WWE title is locked up for WM. So my pick immediately goes to Smackdown! With Daniel Bryan holding the title, seemingly to Mania(?), he has no legit challengers AS OF YET with Mark Henry injured. However, Big Show seems a quick heel turn/face confronting face away from a match against Bryan. I don't see Big Show as a guy who would be a main event on WM nowadays though, so that would sound like a feud for a match at RR and probably onto Elimination Chamber. All that said, that really only leaves me with Wade Barrett. His "Barrett Barrage" has been going nicely and he can finish his feud with Orton just in time to make a feud with Bryan leading into WM. They already have a basis for it with the whole Nexus angle.

I'd say a potential wild card would be Sheamus. He's destroying jobbers right now(hello Jinder Mahal), but it's possible they're just making him look like an even more dominant force heading into RR. The only problem I would have with him winning is, unless Bryan turns heel(unlikely after this past Raw), he'd have to lose the belt at either RR or EC.

As for surprise entrants: if 1/2/12 doesn't turn out to be The Undertaker, it would be a great time for him to return. He can still lose the RR and make an impact, likely being the last guy eliminated. Would be a perfect time to insert himself into the Road to WrestleMania and start his feud for his streak match. Same thing could maybe be said for Jericho if he isn't 1/2/12.

With Nash out "injured" the RR comes about the time he would be returning so there's potential of a surprise entrant there. Booker T possibly comes in and eliminates Cody Rhodes. Though how "surprising" are they since they did it last year? Also, if Skip Sheffield debuts, that would be a perfect time. Being new, he definitely doesn't have to win, just dominate the ring for a period of time...

My pick as well will be from the SD roster. As someone already mentioned, Daniel Bryan won't be defending his title against Mark Henry due to Henry being injured. I think Daniel Bryan and Big Show will either have a face vs face match for the title at the royal rumble because there really is no need to turn Big Show heel. Bryan will win, lose the title at E.C. and then it will be a triple threat at WM between Bryan, the winner of E.C. and the winner of the RR. That's my prediction.

As for surprise entrants, the Undertaker as one of the surprise entrants is a big possibility. I can see Sheffield returning as well but I worry that he won't get a big reaction or will be remembered at all. I definitely see the WWE holding Brodus Clay's debut until the Rumble. Continue the backstage segments where Laurinwhothehellcares is talking to him on the phone, coming up with excuses for the delay, and then have him enter between the 20-30 at the rumble and just dominate and possibly be runner up. I think that would be a good way to quickly build Brodus as a monster heel, rather than just squashing the likes of Santino and Alex Riley on an episode of RAW.

Imagine if Muhammad Hassan returned ??

There are only 3 options for me.
And, i don't see a repeat winner happening.

Option One: Sheamus
He is getting a huge push. He is as over as Mexicans across the American Border. He continues to win, and gain steam. He could easily win the Rumble and face Daniel Bryan at Mania. They have worked together in the past, and have put together great matches. Sheamus is on the SD! brand, and reports have said that a SD! guy will win this year.

Second Option: Dolph Ziggler

If they can't sign Jericho, somebody will have to face Punk. It could be Miz, but i don't see him in the main event two years in a row. It could be Del Rio, but that would be as boring A'F. Ziggler would be fresh, and the match could steal the show, wrestling wise.
You could also take the route of moving Ziggler to SD! and having him face Daniel Bryan at Mania.

Third Option: Chris Jericho
Solidifies his Hall Of Fame Career. Makes for one hell of a build toward a Punk Match. Makes perfect since to me.

Surprise Entry's (Just Options/Opinions)
The Undertaker
Batista
Skip/ Ryback
X-Pac
Goldberg (i can dream)
JBL

I predict Jericho to win, if he comes back and Ziggler to win if he doesn`t come back. I know that Jericho doesn`t need to win it, but I think WWE would still give it to him anyways. I see it going back to a 30 man RR match. 40 man just put in more extras that was unnecessary. As for the rest of the event, I see Punk facing the Game, Bryan facing Big Show, a Divas Champ match and, also, a grudge match between Cena and Kane. All in all, I think it will be a great ppv and start the Road to Wrestlemania on the right foot.

My first choice to win the 30-Man Royal Rumble would be Wade Barrett, he has been on a roll as of late and he showed his immense in-ring talent in the Tables Match against Orton at the TLC PPV. This feud with Randy has brought him right back into the main event (or just below) calibre. His mic skills are excellent as we have seen when he was the leader of the Nexus and The Corre. I feel he would make an excellent challenger for the World Heavyweight Championship against Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania 28. That is if Daniel Bryan can keep the title until then. I believe it would be an EPIC encounter of two future WWE possible HOF'ers.

I predict either Jericho, Sheamus or Wade Barrett winning.

if Barrett wins, I would have Sheamus win the WHC at Elimination Chamber, then do Sheamus vs Barrett at WrestleMania which would be fresh IMO, but if Sheamus wins the Rumble, then I'd like a Triple threat with Barrett and Orton with Orton being WHC)

as far as the Rest of the RR card goes, here is what I think could happen:

Kane vs. Cena
Punk vs. Miz (WWE title)
Bryan vs Show (WHC title)
Beth vs Alicia Fox (Divas title)
30-Man RR Match

If he didn't just win the US title, i'd easily say Zack Ryder

Now to my real picks;

Wade Barrett good up and coming superstar, a RR win now could really thrus him forward

Chris Jericho I feel more comfortable saying him if 1/2/12 ISNT him, but it makes since either way if you look at a Punk-Jericho feud

and my dark horse is Sheamus

Well the picks i would have would be....
Sheamus-He needs to be in the main event picture now

Cody Rhodes-He has talent his gimmick is nice aswell.

Dolph Ziggler-Once he lets Vickie go he is most likely to be a min eventer

I want to see one of the rumble winners to go for the other brands world championship,like Sheamus going for the WWE Title,Dolph Ziggler going for the WHC Title.or mabye a returning superstar win the rumble

My pick for winning the RR would have to be Dolph Ziggler. He has a great gimmick and can really draw heat. (or is the heat just from that man that follows him, Not Swagger?)

My picks:

Chris Jericho - If he indeed comes back he's definitely my favorite to win this, and to hopefully face CM Punk at Wrestlemania.

Sheamus - Heel or face I've always liked this guy and a win here would give him that momentum he desperately needs.

Wade Barrett - Barrett has been on a roll lately and a RR win would do wonders for him. Especially in his foe, Randy Orton's, hometown.

Randy Orton - It's his hometown, it's as simple as that. Although, I hope he doesn't win.

Dolph Ziggler - He lost his title and needs a reason to get back in the title picture. He's a great wrestler and getting better on the mic. Would love to see him take that step up.

Cody Rhodes - How awesome would it be if the IC title and WHC were both on the line at Wrestlemania..... Even though I don't see him winning I think he's up there with the rest.

The Miz - I hardly hear Miz be brought up as the RR winner. Would be a shocker in a lot of peoples eyes i think. He headlined last Wrestlemania and would be an awesome opponent for CM Punk.

Christian - Its such a long shot, but anything can happen right? He deserves it more that most of the wrestlers thats for sure.

I expect Chris Jericho to come out as the #1 entrant and Randy Orton as the #2 entrant. I think the final five for Royal Rumble will be Chris Jericho, Sheamus, Randy Orton, Dolph Ziggler and The Miz.

The final two will be Jericho and Orton as well. Jericho will get his revenge on Orton for the punt to the head that took Jericho from us and it will be done in Orton's home town. This will setup a great feud between them just in time for Jericho and CM Punk to be setup at Wrestlemania where Jericho will take back the WWE title with a cocky pin. Yeah, that's right jerky! Junior! ;)

To me it depends on who is behind the 1/2/12 promo. If it is in fact Jericho then I believe that he will win the rumble, and begin a feud with Punk. However, if it isn't Jericho I think Barrett is the perfect option to win. At Mania this year it would work having two of the WWE youth movement fighting for the WHC. Because your buyrate is already going to be big with Cena vs The Rock. So I'm leaning towards Jericho to win.

I am going with Wade. I don't see a need for a guy who is already established in the main event to take it. As much as I do not like ADR, I am actually glad he won last years, because he was a nice fresh face in the main event. Though I was pissed that WHC was the first match at Mania. Wade is probably the hottest rising star on SD who has not been WWE or WHC.

As for suprise entries....
Undertaker
Stone Cold
Goldust (I hear he might be coming back for a series with Cody)
Godfather

I believe Kane will be the winner.
As Kane vs. Cena is probably on the card, Super-Cena will probably triumph; however, Kane might win the rumble and turn his attention towards the world title and there is a list of opponents he could face (Daniel Bryan, Mark Henry, Randy Orton or even Sheamus)

Anyways, I'd love to see Cena be the 29th participant and almost win the rumble before Kane enters and eliminates Cena

I think Dolph Ziggler is going to win the rumble this year. He lost the US belt so that he can get a firm push into the world title picture.

If Ziggler does not win then i would say that the Miz or Sheamus would win. Some say that Jericho should or could win but in my opinion he does not need the rumble for a push or the glory that comes with it.

There are a crapload of possibilities this year and so much depends on who the champions are. With the way the belt has been shifted around this year I think it's highly unlikely that the 2 current champions will still have the belts in 4 months time but it's a good place to start.

RAW
Punk Vs...

Jericho - I don't see it. Jericho has never been seen as a permanent main eventer and with so much competition, they're not going to hot-shot him into the main event after time off. He may face Punk but it won't be for the belt.

Kane - It's only possible if the WWE are truly intent on returning him to the Kane who debuted. I still sense there are bigger plans for him elsewhere.

Del Rio - Boy have the WWE fucked this guy up. No chance, especially after he won it last year.

Ziggler - This would be a great match but he's just not a marquee name yet. I maintain that he can't be a true main-eventer under that stupid name.

Nash - Never got resolved did it? I don't think anyone cares anymore

Miz - This is my choice. After a good title reign he lost the belt in low-key fashion, spent the year doing not much, now it's time to push him again. Really one of the few guys who does legitimately look like he belongs in the main event.

Smackdown

Jericho - Going for the 2nd rate title is a more likely avenue for Jericho.
Rhodes - If this was the WWE title you'd say he's not quite there but the HW belt is possible, I don't quite see him as the Rumble winner though.
Henry - Bryan Vs the giant has been done, extremely unlikely
Big Show - It's not going to take 4 months to build this

Looking at those options I don't fancy Bryan for the main event at all so what I'm expecting is

Orton Vs Rhodes
Orton winning the Rumble in his hometown and facing Cody who has somehow got to manage to lose the IC belt, win the HW belt and give it some credibility all in relatively short time.

Wade Barrett would be my pick, it would be cool if they upped his "Barrett Barrage" gimmick to enter in at no.1 or no.2 and go on to win the rumble

Kane was also on my mind, but then WWE might book him to break his own record of most eliminations, which really isn't necessary

Sheamus/Christian would be awesome as winners, but something tells me that's not going to happen

Jericho/Taker : Like many have said it depends on the 1/2/12 promo. However it makes the rumble's winner more predictable and therefore makes the rumble less interesting

Now this comes from the wild imagination that I posess, but it would be kickass if Yoshi Tatsu won the rumble, and beat Daniel Bryan for the WHC. From an "almost Superstars reject" to WHC would be a huge leap:p

Another wild pick (scoff me all you want it, I should deserve it for even posting this) David Otunga :p

Back to reality now, :banghead:

Brodus Clay: What better way to make your return than to win the rumble?

Dolph Ziggler/Cody Rhodes: High time both of them got a chance to main event Wrestlemania

The Miz : Want it to happen but he's already been in the main event, unless something interesting is booked for Elimination Chamber(on a sidenote I want EC renamed to No Way Out)

SHEAMUS - Sheamus is on a roll with winning right now, and I think he can go even further as a face rather then when he used to be a heel. It makes sense if he wwas to win, seeing as there's kind of been a lead up to it, with all of his winnings. He'd be a great main eventer.

DOLPH ZIGGLER - Dolph Ziggler is a great wrestler, not overrated, but definitly not underrated either. He definitly could make a great feud with DBry, or even Cody Rhodes??

WADE BARRETT - As much as I dont like Wade Barrett, he'd be a sensible choice as the winner of the RR. He'd make a good feud with DBry, seeing as they were both part of the Nexus.

Wild card picks/Surprise entrants -

Goldust - He keeps talking abobut how he's going to return and how he wants a feud with Cody Rhodes (and what better time to do it now, whilst Cody is a title holder)
Brodus Clay - ...He's gotta debute SOMETIME SOON!!
Chris Jericho - Even though he's been saying on twitter that he'll "Never wrestle in the WWE again" .. come on... we've ALL heard that he'll be returning soon, and if he returns at the RR it'll be the perfect set up to start a feud for WM w/ CM Punk
Undertaker - This is very unlikley, but never say never. He could come back, and start his feud with someone, leading up to his streak match at WM.

Why does everyone love Sheamus so much?!?!? It really baffles me. I cannot stand the guy and Ive hated him since day one. In my opinion he is the biggest piece of shit in the WWE. I am not a John Cena fan but I would gladly take John Cena over Sheamus anyday. If Sheamus won the Royal Rumble I would be so dissapointed that it would ruin my favourite ppv and match of the year in WWE. I feel that Sheamus in terrible on the mic and I cannot stand his promos. I also hate his gimmick and I cannot even begin to explain how tired I am of hearing the announcers and Sheamus say not to make him angry and that he has a bad temper and that he likes to have fun. It is unbelievably unbearable and annoying. If Sheamus is what we are in for in terms of upcoming main eventers and the new face in WWE then it is going to turn me right off of the product.

Does anyone else agree with me on this? It seems like everyone loves Sheamus and I really don't get it.

I agree on Shaemus totally but he always seems sooo over with the fans in attendance. I think he plays a solid face but I just can't get excited to watch him. The only matches i've really enjoyed of his are just the ones with swagger, otherwise I'm not entertained. He's a popular character though and his work ethic seems pretty good, I think it's just a preference of style that I don't have for him. I think he could be used really well to put over an up and coming main eventer like ziggler.

Ah, my favorite match of the year, every year. The excitement for the buildup to Mania hits it's peak for me here, as the Rumble sets up everything (until Elimination Chamber shuffles it all again). I expect the winner to come from Smackdown this year, considering all the fresh young talent there. This year might have the most legitimate contenders I can think of in a while. Let's run through them all:

Randy Orton: Well, it's in his hometown, and he's easily the top face on Smackdown. He's been out of the title picture for a while now, which seems a bit strange, but I'm sure he'll be back soon enough. The Rumble might be his ticket in. One factor I'd count against him is that this year's card will be stacked. Because of this, he won't needed in the WHC match as much as he regularly would.

John Cena: With a match with the Rock at Mania looming overhead, the only reason I see him winning is to cash in his shot early and try to take the title with him into Mania. In my opinion, their match does NOT need the title, at all, and it should be defended in a separate match. Sorry Cena, not your year.

Sheamus: He's on quite a roll as a face, but his momentum's slowed quite a bit lately. He's not doing anything now, which is fine with the Rumble being soon, but he's lost some over-ness since turning, and I don't see him winning this year.

Cody Rhodes: He's on his way to the main event for sure, but the fact that his feud with Booker seems headed all the way to the Rumble makes me think he'll be occupied come Mania time, though not necessarily with Booker. Soon enough, though, he'll be a World Champion.

Wade Barrett: His push and feud with Orton have been pretty good so far, but it's a little too soon into his recovery as a contender to get something as big as winning the Rumble. I hope the push continues, but it'll take some time until he holds a World Title.

Chris Jericho: Depending on if reports are true, of course. One problem I have with this idea is that, if he wins, he'll likely face Punk, who is certainly over with most of the crowd, but can't afford to face a returning legend this early in his face run. Even as a heel, Jericho will get a lot of pops over Punk, which will only hurt their attempt to build him as a top face. Maybe if Jericho wins, he can go against Taker at Mania, which I'd love, so maybe there's a chance of him winning.

Dolph Ziggler: My pick to win. A lot of that is just wishful thinking, but it seems like WWE finally see Ziggler as one of their best all-around talents. He just dropped the US Title to Zack Ryder, and their feud will likely end with a rematch at the Rumble. I see him pulling double-duty again, this time winning the match through classic heel tactics. I'm hoping for Punk/Ziggler for the title at Mania, and with Rock/Cena guaranteed to pull in a lot of buys, it's time to give a new guy a shot in the main event.

Not sure if they're booking the Rumble to get a story over or to get a wrestler over. If it's to get a story over, it's Jericho, if it's to get a wrestler over, it's Sheamus. I'm probably wrong on both though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back