Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Basic Guidelines:
  1. Third round matches are conducted under extreme rules - all participants are legal, all the time. Everything is legal, including weapons.
  2. Polls will open immediately
  3. Vote how you like, by whatever criteria you like.
  4. Strictly no alts.

6oo6yv.jpg

Match One
STING & BRYAN DANIELSON/DANIEL BRYAN
"Scorpion Mutilation"
vs.
CHRIS JERICHO & BRET HART
"Lionhart"

Extreme Rules are in effect as Sting and Bryan Danielson take on the living legends of Bret Hart and Chris Jericho.

Who holds the advantage here?​

Will have to lean towards Lionhart here. Off the bat, the superior team names give them the advantage. They also have the edge in chemistry, since they supposedly work extremely well together for some reason. I don't know, I'll buy it.

Anyway, Sting and Hart were basically even for most of their careers, so Jericho's win over Danielson on NXT really puts them over the edge.

Linohart to win after Danielson taps to the Walls of Jericho while forks are being stuck in both his eyes.

Yeah Lionhart for me as well. Sting has zero issue blasting people with his bat and Bret knows how to swing a chair. Danielson is a great technical wrestler but do you want to put him up against Bret in that area? I don't think so. That leaves a guy famous for choking in big matches vs. a guy famous for winning big matches. This is pretty one sided to me.

As KB said, Sting knows how to use a bat and Bret knows how to use a chair. I've seen better evidence from Sting then I have from Hart. Danielson vs. Jericho is an interesting case. I don't like either but I dislike Danielson less if that means anything. Jericho comes up small in big matches if nobody is interfering on his behalf. Jericho's been known to tap out quite a bit so I have confidence that Danielson can do the same. The two guys that are not Canadian win.

I went with Chris Jericho and Bret Hart over Sting and Danielson. I have become a pretty big fan of Danielson since his debut in WWE a while back. I don't follow any of the indies, so I am not in much of a position to comment on his work prior to this. To be in a tournament like this and succeed, I think you have to have proven yourself in the big leagues, and as good as DBD has been and as good as he allegedly has been in the indies, he just hasn't had the longevity yet to contend with guys of the stature of Chris Jericho or Bret Hart. And I've never been a big fan of Sting, not in the past and certainly not in the present. I respect his accomplishments but because they have all been outside of the WWE, that diminishes their significance in my opinion.

As opposed to two Canadian guys who have accomplished it all on the grandest stage of them all, as well as elsewhere. Two highly decorated wrestlers who are excellent in the ring and on the mic, who function equally well as heels or as faces, who have longevity in the business.

WINNERS: BRET HART AND CHRIS JERICHO

Definitely Hart and Jericho. Sting has his bat but Jericho has been involved in plenty of hardcore style matches in his career from Elimination Chambers, to HIAC's, to Last Man Standing matches, so he can hold his own in that regard. He has also proven he can beat Danielson in the past. Hart made Sting tap out to the Sharpshooter in a WCW title tournament so he gets the nod there. It's close but Jericho and Hart win it.

I have Sting and Danielson in this one, just because I think Sting is better than Hart. Danielson and Jericho are pretty damn even in my book, but Sting is one of the greatest of all time. Hart, while being pretty good, isn't on Stings level.

Jericho and Hart are far to technically sound. Sting and Danielson are a great mix of strength and speed but it isn't like neither Jericho or Hart haven't dealt with that before. Danielson will most likely be the weak link in this match, leaving either Jericho or Hart to keep Sting busy while Danielson eventually gets pinned. Not to mention Jericho and Hart have been in successful tag teams in the past and are familiar with each other, whereas Sting and Danielson will have to put everything together on the fly. I just think that is to much to overcome. A very close match but Jericho and Hart should be able to take it.

I think this is probably going to go to Lionhart. Jericho has a history of getting the job done in big tag matches, as emphasised by his various reigns with a lot of different people. I think Sting was always really better as the brooding loner, and he was certainly better in that respect when he was at his most brutal. I think ultimately, you have to look at which team is likely to be bigger than the sum of its parts, and the answer is Lionhart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back