• Jericho/Hart

• Simmons/Hall

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
Basic Guidelines:
  1. First Round matches are conducted under basic WWE singles match rules - the really inconsistent ones you see on television weekly.
  2. Polls will open after - approximately - twenty-four hours.
  3. Vote how you like, by whatever criteria you like.
  4. Strictly no alts.
  5. No regions, no arenas, no gimmicks (for now) - everything is based on merit.

The final match of today:

b6y0jb.jpg

Match Four
BRET HART & CHRIS JERICHO
"Lionhart"
vs.
SCOTT HALL& RON SIMMONS
"Damn Bad Guys"

If you don't vote for Damn Bad Guys, you're racist. RON SIMMONS WAS THE FIRST BLACK WORLD CHAMPION, DAMN IT!​

Bret Hart & Jericho teamed at random?

This team will go far. Far further than they should. Bret Hart was alright. His performances this year have been a little shaky, but so have Jericho's. I respect Bret Hart more because, inside, he knows he's been poor. Jericho on the other had probably still thinks he's the best in the world at what he does. When was your last 5 star match Jericho? WHEN! That's right, over 12 months ago.

Ron Simmons you are shit. I liked your helmet when you made your WWF debut and that's about it. First black world champion you say!, Not really and people still know him better for saying ''Damn''.

Scott Hall, I liked your tag title run in TNA.

All of these guys are former tag champions and have a lot of team experience but Hart and Jericho will win here. I like Scott Hall and Ron Simmons and they would definitely have the size and power advantage but they aren't good enough to beat a team like Hart and Jericho. They are two of the most accomplished guys in the history of the business and will go far in this tournament. Hall and Simmons will put up a fight but fall short.

I never got Jake's hate of Ron Simmons. Racist.

In all seriousness:

Scott Hall = a member of one of the 25 or so best US Tag Teams of all time with Kevin Nash.

Bret Hart = a member of one of the 5 or so best Tag Teams of all time with Jim Neidhart.

Edge goes to Bret Hart.

Ron Simmons - a member of one of the 50 or so best Tag Teams in US history with Butch Reed, and one of the 30 or so best with Bradshaw.

Chris Jericho - multiple time Tag Champion with Lance Storm (SMW) and Chris Benoit (WWF).

Edge is even.

For me, this comes down to continuity. Did Hall and Simmons ever sniff each other in the ring? When Simmons was in his singles heyday (WCW '92-'93) Hall was making the move from AWA to WWF. When Hall was in WCW, Simmons was in WWF.

Jericho graduated from the wrestling school run by Bret's father. They knew each other. There's history. They will compliment each other very well.

I think Hall and Simmons have a shot against 75% of the rest of the teams in the tournament. This is a shit draw for them, as a Hart / Jericho tandem is a great bet to make the final 4.

Have to agree with IC here. Everything he, listed cannot b denied. Especially the fact that Jericho and Bret trained together in the dungeon. That makes both of these men familiar with each others' styles and effectiveness of movesets. It's amazing how these two were paired randomly... they could possibly be the most dominant tag team in the tourney.

I never got Jake's hate of Ron Simmons. Racist.

It's not because he's black, it's because he's shit. For example I like Booker T despite the colour of his skin.

He's also never achieved anything in wrestling. A forgettable champion, a forgettable member of two forgettable teams, crummy worker, silly hair etc. Good finisher, mind.

I'm going to be voting for Bret Hart and Chris Jericho on this one. They're both successful tag team wrestlers, with success elsewhere. Where as Ron Simmons and Scott Hall really is primarily successful in tag team wrestling. Like IC pointed out, Chris and Bret will be able to work better together, because they have a past. Where as Ron Simmons and Scott Hall barely have any past together, if any.

Hart and Jericho it is for me.

I'm giving this one too Bret Hart and Chris Jericho, not only are they better wrestlers but knowing Ron Simmons more then likely Scott Hall will be drunk off his ass and wont be able to wrestle at all forcing Ron to have to carry all of Scott Halls weight which is quite a bit... Also you of course can not forget that Chris and Bret are two of the greatest wrestlers ever. So simply put I have to go with Chris and Bret. A really bad draw for Damn Alchoholics... i mean Damn Bad Alchoholics... I mean Damn Bad Guys.

One of the more clear-cut answers in the first round. Jericho was trained by Hart's family, has had success teaming with Benoit and Storm, both of who were also trained by Hart. Bret Hart has had tag-team success as the HF, so even though these two are Canadian :)suspic:) they'll get the win, simply because of their dominance together as tag-team champions and relation with another. Hall and Simmons aren't a joke, though, but like IC said, they couldn't have gotten much worse of a draw, except for possibly Hogan/Cena.

Bret Hart and Jericho, like many said trained together. So they have a connection and would work well together as a team. This team could go far in this tournament and could potentially win the whole shebang. Simmons is decent and Hall is as well, but Hart and Jericho beat them out in every aspect of wrestling. Give me the Canadians here.

Bret and Jericho would win here, both are accomplished tag wrestlers, Bret was part of one of the greatest teams of all time and Chris made the f*cking Big Show relevant as part of a tag team, he has also had succesful tag runs with the likes of Edge, Christian, Benoit and Lance Storm. While Simmons and Hall are also accomplished tag wrestlers Hart and Jericho get the edge because they now eachother and would have some chemistry given that Jericho trained in the dungeon.

Scott Hall has been an excellent tag team wrestler, but hasn't done much work outside of having Kevin Nash by his side. Not a bad thing considering that Nash and Simmons are both the power men of the team, so he might be able to adapt. Ron was a very accomplished wrestler as a singles and a tag team competitor too. They would make a great team together and whatever faults lie in their individual skills would be nullified almost.

Bret Hart has been involved in one of the greatest teams of all time, as well as being called one of the better wrestlers in the ring. No doubt that he is quite successful and is master of the ring... something similar to Chris Jericho. He's pretty much a modern day Hart, except that he has been in multiple tag teams that have achieved success of winning championships, working with partners similar to Hart. Now, the connection between the two might be stronger due to their history... but I'd like to bring into the fact that both wrestle a similar style, except Jericho is more modernised with his moves. No matter who you tag in, the wrestling will be the same.

I'd hate to cast out Hall and Simmons as they have a good combination of wrestling styles, but Hart/Jericho is an epic pairing and would have better communication, something that is key in a tag team. The Lion-Harts to advance.

Jericho and Hart should take this with relative ease. Nothing against Hall or Simmons but their tag team histories aren't quiet on par with Jericho or Hart. All of these men had great success in the tag division, however Jericho and Hart's accomplishments in the industry far succeed those of Hall and Simmons. Hart and Jericho are far to technical for the likes of Simmons and Hall, however if the fight became a brawl I would probably give it to Simmons and Hall. However, Jericho and Hart have shown that they can brawl as well and as long as they can keep it in the ring they should have no problem taking this match.

LionHart is quite the name, that's for sure. Not a big fan of Simmons, but Scott Hall and his antics are quite entertaining. Jericho and Hart are two of the better all time when it comes to in ring work, obviously. Not sure you can say the same about the Damn Alcoholics.

In the end, I think Simmons really is the weak link here. I'd really like to vote for a team with Scott Hall on it, but I can't not vote for the Canadians here.

I cannot imagine an easier decision than the choice here in match#4 of round #1. I voted for the two Canadians without a millisecond of a pause.

Chris Jericho is one of my favorite wrestlers of all time. Whether it be WWF/WWE or WCW, whether he be heel or face, whether he's holding a belt or chasing one, just superb all around. Excellent in the ring, even at these latter stages of his career. Superb on the mic and equally proficient as a heel or a face (although my preference is face). Can echo most of the same sentiments about the Hitman as well, except for the part obviously about his abilities today which are clearly restricted and basically over. Fabulous in any way you look at it. I see these guys going deep into this tournament.

Ron Simmons is no slouch. But success in WCW, membership in the Nation of Domination in conjunction with the Rock, partnership with JBL in the APA, or the ability to say DAMN!, hardly qualifies him to even be in the same league as Hart and Jericho. And while I was a big fan or Razor Ramon back in the day, his decline in health and abilities combined with his struggle and consistent failure to stay sober, again keeps him in a class well below Bret Hart and Chris Jericho.

WINNERS: CHRIS JERICHO AND BRET HART

Hart and Jericho will probably win this tournament, even though they probably shouldn't. However, they should be winning this match. Ron Simmons was a career tag wrestler. Well he wasn't, but out side of APA he never did anything worth watching. There aren't many stable leaders who get kicked out of their own faction. But I digress. Hart made his name in this division, and Jericho has worked with a load of partners over the years. Hall is a good tag wrestler, but I can't imagine he'd have any chemistry with Simmons, and he spent his career losing to Bret Hart, so this goes to Jericho and Hart.

I'm going with Lionhart for this one and it's a shame b/c Hall was one of my favorite wrestlers in the past. It's obvious that in the chemistry battle that Jericho/Hart will be able to get along better than Hall/Simmons. They also have a proven history of being able to win in the big moments. I feel that Lionhart will some how be able to lock on one of their submission moves and be able to make either man of Damn Alcoholics tap.

The chemistry between LionHart would do it I think. There is history here and for me I think,while Hall does have some agility, Simmons would be the loose end here and tap out to the Sharpshooter after Jericho would work on the leg all match and then hot-tag Bret.
LionHart to win this whole shindig actually!!

I cant see how the biggest alcholic on the earth in Hall and the person that was supposedly good in one of the best tag teams ever beat the class of Jericho and Hart. Hart and Jericho are way more technical of the two and would easily out smart there opponents. This would be submission central for the likes of the Canadian duo.

Jericho and Hart with a easy win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back