Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Round One...

7amkzST.png

Eren Jaeger is one of the last vestiges of the human race...and can transform into one of the creatures that wiped it out! Gokai Red, however, is no stranger to fighting giant city-destroying monsters. Can the leader of the Gokaiger space pirates channel every Red Ranger there has ever been and fly towards victory? Or does the Titan advance?

FIGHT!

Man, the Power Rangers fight giant monsters in every episode. Sure, they need the Megazord to defeat them most of the time, but Titans have such an easy weak spot. You climb up their backs, chop them in the neck, and boom. Dead. I think it's safe to assume Eren would assume Titan form for this, but Red could easily become the Red from Samurai (shuriken - good to target the Titan's weak spot) or the Red from Jetman (flight - fly up to the weak point and slice it with his cutlass).

Gokai Red is every single Power Ranger in one, and he's dashing to boot. Eren might pack a punch, but even a giant has trouble hitting a fly, and Gokai Red can become the peskiest fly there ever was.

So I'm leaning toward Eren here, but something sticks out in my mind that I have to ask. The environment in which the fight takes places, is it conducive for Eren to use his 3D maneuvering system?

If he can utilize it to his advantage, then I think he takes this battle easily. If he is stuck using his Titan form, then it sways back toward the middle for me.

So I'm leaning toward Eren here, but something sticks out in my mind that I have to ask. The environment in which the fight takes places, is it conducive for Eren to use his 3D maneuvering system?

If he can utilize it to his advantage, then I think he takes this battle easily. If he is stuck using his Titan form, then it sways back toward the middle for me.

In the interest of fairness, I want to say that this first round battlefield offers no distinct disadvantages nor advantages to either competitor, so we can assume that Eren's equipment works Pretty Well under these circumstances. It might not be as conducive to rapid movement or stealth as Trost or Wall Maria or the Forest Of The Big-Ass Trees might be, but he can latch onto something and swing around Spidey-style.

I still think Red could take it, but I'm open to most arguments here.

I don't know much about Gokai Red, and I know it's going to show in this argument. I haven't kept up with Power Rangers since like the original series. But I distinctly remember Megazord moving with the grace of a geriatric. It is way too slow and clumsy for a titan, especially one that moves like Eren Jaeger. And being self-aware, Eren would know to keep the back of his neck protected. If they're going all out in their beast forms, I think Jaeger takes it.

Both men are used to fighting giants. But Jaeger comes from a universe where it is kill the giants or die. I've seen several monsters from the Power Rangers Universe escape the Rangers to return and fight another day. That and said monsters were generally stupid and not all that menacing.

I'm a huge Sentai geek, and for that reason I can't vote for Gokai Red in this.

Every series of the Sentai Saga has constantly returned to one very clichéd moral; that teamwork is essential to fighting the forces of evil. I'm sure there may be an obscure example of the contrary that I'm forgetting, but that would have to be one pretty damn obscure example if I've missed it. If the other members of the squad are unable to assist, the situation only resolves if they escape or if the only free member finds a way to free them.

Basically; Gokai Red isn't taking down a tough opponent without backup.

Eren Jaeger proves to be the one obstacle that the space pirate couldn't overcome.

If that's the case, then why, in the majority of PR series, does the Red Ranger get the ultra powerful boosts and none of the others get them? Like Battlizers or Triassic forms and etc. Not to mention that this particular brand of Ranger can literally transform into any past Ranger except for the sixth Rangers. They have super strength, speed, durability, stamina, etc.

I think Red takes it.

My question is this: How long will it take Red Ranger to summon, await and mount his... uh... zord? How strong and quick is the other guy? Also, I'm assuming the ranger is again a martial artist with attitude?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back