• Harry Potter & King Dedede

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JGlass

Unregistered User
ROUND ONE

NiCUVE6.png

The random draw style of the BattleZone Tournament rarely allows for major rivalries to pp up in the first round, but Kirby fights a familiar enemy in King Dedede. Eren Jeager faces a new opponent in Harry Potter, but these two dynamic fighters are sure to give the audience what they want to see. Can the power copying puffball and Titan-killer prevail over the King of Dreamland and boy that lived?

FIGHT!

For the life of me I do not get why Kirby is so universally praised in these things. Have you ever played his games? Much like Mario, anything that touches him hurts him. Yes touches. Not falls on, crushes, smashes or destroys, but TOUCHES him causes him pain. Yes he can absorb things, but once he absorbs them it takes him some time to learn their abilities. Basically he's an immediate novice at whatever he becomes, meaning someone with experience could stop him.

Third, the range of his sucking abilities is limited. If not, he would absorb everything in sight which again, if you've played his games, is clearly not the case. In other words, Harry can apparate out of Kirby's range, levitate him and stun him for an easy win.

I'm not too familiar with Eren, but if Deedee can distract him even for a few seconds, another stunning spell from Harry is enough to advance to the next round.

This is a close race and this thread closes this afternoon, and I still can't decide who I want to vote for. On one hand, Kirby is perhaps the most versatile competitor in the BattleZone. On the other hand, Harry Potter is one of, if not the most powerful magic user in the tournament, and though I'm not very well versed on Eren Jeager, I'm pretty sure HP has what it takes to beat him.

Dedede is the weak link in this match. Tough? Yes. Strong? You betcha. A talented fighter? Absolutely not. Dedede's moves are deadly, but hopelessly predictable. He often has to ready himself or charge himself before delivering an attack, effectively telegraphing his moves to his opponents. That said, Dedede could take the physical damage while Harry Potter stands in the back and casts spells.

As KB mentioned, Kirby is extremely susceptible to damage, and if anything hits him the wrong way, he's going to lose a health bar. However, KB was wrong about how quickly Kirby can learn a new ability. When Kirby swallows an enemy, he's able to use their abilities instantly. What's more, Kirby actually already has experience using magic (http://kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Magic), so if he's able to swallow Harry or one of his spells, Kirby should be able to start launching magical attacks of his own.

Right now I'm leaning towards Kirby and Jeager since Kirby is probably more experienced fighting magic users than Harry is at fighting power-copying pink puffs, but I could certainly be swayed to vote for HP and Dedede.

This is a close race and this thread closes this afternoon, and I still can't decide who I want to vote for. On one hand, Kirby is perhaps the most versatile competitor in the BattleZone. On the other hand, Harry Potter is one of, if not the most powerful magic user in the tournament, and though I'm not very well versed on Eren Jeager, I'm pretty sure HP has what it takes to beat him.

Dedede is the weak link in this match. Tough? Yes. Strong? You betcha. A talented fighter? Absolutely not. Dedede's moves are deadly, but hopelessly predictable. He often has to ready himself or charge himself before delivering an attack, effectively telegraphing his moves to his opponents. That said, Dedede could take the physical damage while Harry Potter stands in the back and casts spells.

As KB mentioned, Kirby is extremely susceptible to damage, and if anything hits him the wrong way, he's going to lose a health bar. However, KB was wrong about how quickly Kirby can learn a new ability. When Kirby swallows an enemy, he's able to use their abilities instantly. What's more, Kirby actually already has experience using magic (http://kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Magic), so if he's able to swallow Harry or one of his spells, Kirby should be able to start launching magical attacks of his own.

Right now I'm leaning towards Kirby and Jeager since Kirby is probably more experienced fighting magic users than Harry is at fighting power-copying pink puffs, but I could certainly be swayed to vote for HP and Dedede.

I would point you to Kirby Superstar, a game for the SNES.

In the game, Kirby can absorb a wide variety of abilities, but we'll use the basic Sword ability for an example. Now, when a Sword enemy attacks you, it obviously swings its sword at you and does so in a very rapid fashion. It's the mark of someone with experience and knowledge of how to use the weapon.

Now let's jump over to one of my all time favorite movies: The Mask of Zorro. There's a scene where the original Zorro is training his new protege, who is holding a sword.

Old Zorro: Do you know how to use that thing?

New Zorro: Sure. The pointy end goes into the other man.

Old Zorro: This is going to take some practice.

The same holds true for Kirby. When he absorbs a new power such as the Sword ability, yes he can swing the sword, but it isn't as fast or skilled as a seasoned veteran. Over time he can learn new abilities, but at first it's just basic sword swipes. Harry Potter is a very experienced and powerful wizard. It's taken him years to become the experienced wand wielder he is today. Were Kirby able to absorb a spell, he might be able to use a very simple and weak version of it, but he would be far from equal to someone of Harry's skill.

This also brings up another point: in order to gain Harry's powers, would Kirby have to absorb each spell one by one, or would it have to be the entire wand? If it's the wand, Kirby is in trouble, as Harry Potter mythos suggests that the wand chooses the wizard and even an experienced wizard, such as Professor Gilderoy Lockhart, has had trouble using a want that wasn't his and/or was damaged, say by being swallowed down Kirby's throat?

This goes bad for the pink wonder.

You have exactly 37 minutes to vote on this poll if you haven't done so already.

I voted for Harry Potter and Dedede. When it comes down to brass tacks, Harry Potter can do some pretty unbelievable tings with his magic, and the magic we've seen Kirby use, while sure to be a major pain in Dedede's flippers, is child's play compared to what Harry can turn out. Couple that with Harry's magical items (invisibility cloak and Firebolt in particular), and I think he has all it takes to leave Kirby in the dust.

I don't know enough about Jeager to call what his involvement would be, but considering his supporters haven't come out to tell us how he'd win the fight, I can only assume they don't have any answers.

10/10 tie. 37 minutes to break it, or at least get your written vote down.

Kirby has beaten Dedede before and I have no doubt he'd do it again. Potter is a great wizard but Jeager can transform into a 15 m tall Titan. Titans eat humans and easily kill them with their bare hands.

Now Harry has experience fighting Trolls but how is hr going to stop two Titans when Kirby absorbs Jeager's powers? Better yet how is he going to stop a man crushing Titan while defending against Kirby whose absorbed his magical powers?

Harry Potter is great but his partner has been defeated by Kirby and he's facing a Titan with regenerative abilities and who can crush his body with one hand and Kirby who will either be a Titan as well, ill have King Dedede's powers, or Potter's powers. He can't do it.

Kirby and Jeager win.

The poll is closed and ended in a tie. As such, I went to the written vote, and with a vote of 2-1, Harry Potter & Dedede will advance to the next round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back