Round 3: Psylocke vs. Goku

Who wins?

• Psylocke

• Goku

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet again, not really saying much for this guys psychic ability and it implies that Vegeta could have resisted from the off - ie when his mind was calm.

A calm mind isn't a mind filled with evil; if you have any evil thoughts at all Babidi can magnify them to the point where you have no hope to escape his control. Vegeta broke his control using his energy; not willpower.

Actually you have given me an example of Vegeta's resistance and that has more than the slightest question mark over it. You ask for Psylocke's abilities against someone filled with rage because that is what will allegedly protect Goku. I have told you that example can't be provided because we don't have a like for like example. I have, however, provided you with examples of how her abilities can affect those with strong psychic defenses.

Strong psychic defenses does not equal a mind filled with rage. A mind filled with rage is hollow and there are no thoughts to exploit.

See above, show me where Goku has overcome the telepathy of a psychic whose powers don't have an asterix... actually, has there been ANY example given of HIM overcoming mind control?

I gave you General Blue; but that wasn't good enough apparently. Since Psylocke has no feats of overpowering a mind overcome by rage, whats to say that she even could? Goku powers up, breaks her control, then proceeds to KO her at hypersonic speeds.

Even going with the theory that he isn't sleeping, Betsy can make herself so undetectable that the combined abilities of Wolverine and Jean Grey are standing scratching their heads wondering where she is.

Given Goku's questionable intelligence and the fact that she is a trained assassin, my money would still be with Psylocke.

You know Goku has a 6th sense where he can feel an opponent's position based off their life energy right? Unless Psylocke is an android she can't hide from him.

I withheld my vote because I remained undecided on this one. I mean,how do you combat somebody who can invade your mind? That is a pretty decisive power and something not easy to over come. I decided to wait it out and see what others had to say. I've read enough now to make a decision.

I'm still going to side with Goku on this one. I think one misconception when it comes to DBZ is that all their fighters are super strong physical badasses. I mean its true,the series mostly revolves around the fighting. However,when they train,and this goes especially for Goku,its important to not only train the body but also the mind. This is why he is so sharp and quick to react in battle,because his mind is ready to deal with that.

Now,I know that somebody trying to invade your mind is on a completely different level all together but I'm sure Goku would be able to handle it. Unlike the other Z-fighters,he's had very special training from all sorts of people for much of the entire series. He did spend 7 years in otherworld after his fight with Cell. What's not to say his training didn't include ways to combat mental invasions? All speculation I know,but something to at least consider.

Even if Psylocke were to manage to invade his mind,shes going to have a very difficult time trying to maintain her presence in there. Goku's fighting spirit,resourcefulness and straight up will to never give up will prove to be something Psylocke will have difficulty getting past. Goku is a fighter, he's not just going to hand his mind over without a fight.

Goku. He's not only tough physically,but mentally as well.

I'm tired going back and forwards about angry minds and whether or not Betsy can be detected so lets see how Goku's fans respond here.

Goku can assess the power of his opponents and likes to fight as fair a fight as possible. Given that Betsy doesn't have any physical super powers, why would he immediately go SS and fill with rage? And if he doesn't immediately go SS and has had his weaker form defeated by mind control before, why wouldn't he be sleeping two seconds after fight was called due to his own overconfidence?

I'm tired going back and forwards about angry minds and whether or not Betsy can be detected so lets see how Goku's fans respond here.

Goku can assess the power of his opponents and likes to fight as fair a fight as possible. Given that Betsy doesn't have any physical super powers, why would he immediately go SS and fill with rage? And if he doesn't immediately go SS and has had his weaker form defeated by mind control before, why wouldn't he be sleeping two seconds after fight was called due to his own overconfidence?

If Psylocke is half as powerful as you claim her to be, why wouldn't he? As soon as she invades his mind and he relies that he can't break free of her control in his base form, he's going to do the only thing that comes natural... and that's to power up.

Goku's senses are so keen that he can immediately sense an estimation of the depths of his opponents power. The match wouldn't be a cakewalk for Psylocke either.

Psylocke is an Omega level telepath, physically she is nothing special so her ki wouldn't set off any alarms. Goku has been caught unawares by a weaker psychic specimen and she won't be looking him to do her bidding, she'll be looking to put him down quick - he won't have time to react by powering up.

Psylocke is an Omega level telepath, physically she is nothing special so her ki wouldn't set off any alarms. Goku has been caught unawares by a weaker psychic specimen and she won't be looking him to do her bidding, she'll be looking to put him down quick - he won't have time to react by powering up.

You realize that in DBZ a person's ki isn't their physical energy, but their life energy. That's the reason why the Z Fighters couldn't sense the Androids despite them being stupidly powerful. It would only take one pass from Goku to realize that Psylocke has massive psychic power, and not to underestimate her.

Since there is no evidence of Psylocke being able to control a mind filled with rage, I stand by my point that Gkou could break her control by powering up.

You realize that in DBZ a person's ki isn't their physical energy, but their life energy. That's the reason why the Z Fighters couldn't sense the Androids despite them being stupidly powerful. It would only take one pass from Goku to realize that Psylocke has massive psychic power, and not to underestimate her.

Since there is no evidence of Psylocke being able to control a mind filled with rage, I stand by my point that Gkou could break her control by powering up.

And where is the evidence of Goku being able to sense mental ability as opposed to physical ability? On top of that, great psychic defense is not listed in his abilities in any site that I have looked up (whether enraged or not), the one guy whose mental ability he has beaten (General Blue) is widely known to have little psychic control over stronger opponents.

Plus, you have stated that he could "break her control". Like I've stated repeatedly, Psylocke is not looking to "control" him, she is looking to incapacitate him - something that will be instantaneous on "Fight". By definition he has to be immune instantly.

dazzler-vs-juggernaut.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back