• Deadpool

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JGlass

Unregistered User
Round Two

psylocke-vs-deadpool.png

Two of Marvel's most popular sword wielders made their way past their Harry Potter Universe foes, but now they have to decide whether a swordsman or swordswoman makes their way to round 3. Will the psyninja make her name in her first BattleZone Tournament, or will Deadpool ride his dragon killing wave of confidence to the next round?

FIGHT!

How does a ninja go about defeating a man who is incapable of death? You can't poison him due to his body being able to fend off toxins. You can't slice him and dice him as many will point out Deadpool will simply regrow whatever limbs you slice off. And due to the absolute insanity in Deadpool's head, you can't use telepathy to predict his movements, or distract him. How do you face this man? With Psylocke's signature Telekinetic Katana. Her Telekinetic Katana doesn't attack the body itself, but the molecules and splits them apart. Causing Deadpool extreme amounts of mental pain, causing him to pass out. His healing factor has been noted to regenerate damaged cells, not the actual molecules. In fact, that kind of damage will be so low that Deadpool's healing factor will be unaware of it and will not heal it.

I'm not voting yet, because I really want to hear the Deadpool's arguments and have them sway me over. But I'm leaning more to Psylocke until proven otherwise.

Deadpool has two major weaknesses - getting distracted and hot women. Mixing the two will be his downfall here, while he's having an internal monologue about how to seduce Pyslocke this beautiful ninja'll have his head lobbed off safe in the knowledge that he'll be fine and dandy due to his healing factor but the temporary incapacity the decapitation will cause wins her the match. It's a bitch being a slave to the male sex drive, DP!

I want to see arguments for both sides. Due to his mental instability Deadpool is immune to most forms of mind control attacks, so how effective would Psylocke's mental prowess be here?

I think people are overestimating Psylocke's ability to mess with other people's minds. I always thought Psylocke's talents lie in telekinesis, not telepathy. She's able to conjure up weapons with her mind and use those to destroy her opponent's physically, not mentally. Yes, she has some telepathic ability, but not nearly as much as a Professor X, Jean Grey, or Emma Frost.

I'm leaning towards Psylocke here because Deadpool's weaknesses play right into her hands. He'd be the type of guy to lower his guard to a pretty woman and pay the consequences. Of course, almost all consequences paid by Deadpool are only temporary as his healing factor will bring him back to 100% in a short time, but Psylocke could definitely sever a few limbs in no time, allowing her to take the match.

I think Psylocke's ninja skills trump Deadpool's ninja skills, and that's why I'm leaning towards Miss Braddock for now.

I've decided to vote for Psylocke, because with her Telekinetic Katana she can cause damage to Deadpool that his healing factor would have no way to react to the damage he is receiving. If you need further evidence of this look no further than the battle between Wolverine and Psylocke. While Wolverine and Deadpool are very different in terms of fighting styles, they have a similar mutation of their healing factor. Wolverine's body was unable to prevent the amount of shock and pain Psylocke's Telekinetic Katana did to him caused him to pass out.

PsylockevsWolverineLadyMandarinUXM2.jpg

I really like Deadpool, but this is a much bigger problem than he can handle. Deadpool will lose his focus because of her beauty. He might just trade his guns in for a box of chocolates and flowers to try and charm her. This is bad.

He will put up a bit of a fight when he realizes she isnt falling for his advances, but it wont be enough. They both have tremendous skill but in the end, her psionic attacks will be too much for Deadpool to handle. A psychic blade to the head is all it will take to fry Deadpool just enough to keep him down for the count.

Sorry Wade, your done here buddy.

A MUTANT ASSASSIN IS MORE REAL THAN A MUTANT ASSASSIN WITH KNOWLEDGE THAT HIS WORLD ISN'T REAL. VOTE PSYLOCKE.

I think a lot of people like to write Deadpool off quickly because he is viewed as a comedy jobber. When you are immortal you can afford to make some jokes.

For the record I would like it to be know that Deadpool prefers his women with some age to them.

dp-bea-arthur_528_poster.jpg

I don't think his being distracted will play into this battle as much as people think. Here he is totally ignoring totally naked Aunt May

022ba40b69pool24.jpg.jpg

Here is is acknowledging a hot lady and still having the presence of mind to finish the job

deadpoolvvampires8.jpg

I'd also like to point out that Deadpool's healing factor is much better than Wolverine's. How long does a combatant have to be unable to fight to be considered incapacitated?

Here is Deadpool being shot through the eye and still moving.

1114188-00_super.jpg

Here Deadpool just set off some explosives, he no longer has a stomach but he is still moving.

images

Here is Deadpool moving around in a fire(so much for that 50ft. dragon)

1105053-dmwam_4_legion_cps_022_super.jpg

Here Deadpool cuts off his own hand, and it regrows almost instantly

images

Here Deadpool was nothing but a puddle, Cable swallowed him, spit him out and regenerated his entire body

2205319-cd005120dr_super.jpg

Plus his magic satchel gives him any tool for the job, and due to his mental instability Psylocke can't read his mind and predict his moves. Don't let his status as a comedy character deter from the fact that Deadpool can and should win this fight.

I would also like to point out that Deadpool fought alongside Psylocke in Uncanny X-Force and did just fine. Not once was he distracted to the point of not doing his job. He was even pretty good at thinking on his feet when shit went wrong.

Deadpool52-01.png

For all intents and purposes, Deadpool is sort of an amalgam of Wolverine, Spider-Man and the Punisher. He has most of the same superhuman abilities as Wolverine, he frequently uses Spider-Man's strategy of consistently talking & cracking jokes during fights to get under the skin of his opponent and he loves the firepower & is somewhat reckless in how he uses it like The Punisher does at times.

Psylocke has telepathic powers, including the ability to manifest her psi powers in the firm of a psychic blade that she can used to kill most people or disrupt their nervous system to render them unconscious. She's highly skilled in martial arts and has the physical attributes of a highly conditioned athlete.

If Deadpool is able to avoid the psi blade, then this match is his for the taking. Deadpool is someone that's a highly skilled fighter himself and is often underestimated because of his...well his insanity. If he can avoid the psi blade/knife, then he could just simply wear her down with superior conditioning alone if he decided to take that route. Physically, Psylocke is still 100% human while Deadpool is superhuman. He can hit harder, he can move faster, he doesn't get tired remotely as fast and he can heal from almost any form of physical injury barring decapitation.

Really, all Deadpool has to do is to deliver one good attack to Psylocke either with blades or guns and the fight is over. One sword thrust through the gut, one or two bullets to the face and Psylocke is done.

However, that's not to say that she couldn't win. Deadpool is often distracted in fights by his own wise cracking and joking around, hence he leaves himself vulnerable to attack. If that happens here, then Psylocke could definitely get the advantage and use that psi blade/knife of hers to end the fight. It wouldn't keep Deadpool out for nearly as long as it would most others, but it would be long enough to do the job of taking his head off and ending the fight.

Again, however, all Deadpool really needs is to score one good solid hit and the fight is over. I have to go with 'Pool on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back