• Goku

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JGlass

Unregistered User
Round Two

doom-vs-goku.png

Super Sayin meets Super Villain in this match up as the hero of DBZ meets Marvel's ultimate bad guy. Will Goku be able to vanquish yet another foe, or does Dr. Doom have the Sayin's number?

FIGHT!

Doom is toast here. This is exactly the type of fighter that Goku would stand up against to save his friends and family. Also since Doom is evil, Goku would have no problem pulling out all the stops and taking him out to save the world. That means all bets are off and Doom is in serious trouble when Goku decides to power up.

Goku will enjoy the challenge at first and test Doom out. Doom is going to hurt him, no doubt. He is very tough and his powers are no joke. Problem is, Goku has fought hurt against tougher opponents and won. He powers up and draws on the faith of his friends\family to defeat his opponent. Then its on, he pulls out the big guns and blasts Doom out of the sky.

Doom is a powerful and gifted genius and has in the past been far more powerful through the stealing of the powers of others.

However, when it comes to a fight like this and his own personal powers in battle have to be somehow quantified, I do not think he matches up to the likes of Kid Buu, Perfect Cell or maybe even Frieza. Doom's powers as sorcerer and his armour might be able to prolong the fight but I do not see how they would prevent Goku from delivering a decisive attack for long.

Pre-SSJ Goku did prove susceptible to an essence transfer attack, something that Doom does have in his armoury but, while seemingly a gibbering idiot at times, when it comes to fighting Goku has proven himself grealty adaptable to attacks he has seen before there is some doubt as to whether he would fall for it again; not to mention whether Doom would be powerful enough to use such a technique on a Super Saiyan.

I want to vote Doom in this match. Most of that comes from me having issues with a lot of anime and manga characters being super fucking powerful. Seriously how have those guys not killed every living thing on Earth with their battles?

In what stage does Goku start the battle in? I think that could really affect the outcome. I doubt he is able to start in his most powerful form, and if the TV shows taught me anything, its that Goku can take multiple episodes to power up.

I'm going to withhold my vote for now. I want someone to answer what level Goku starts at. If he can start at a high level I will vote for him, but since neither guy has prep time I'm thinking he starts in his normal state. If so Doom takes this for me.

I want to vote Doom in this match. Most of that comes from me having issues with a lot of anime and manga characters being super fucking powerful. Seriously how have those guys not killed every living thing on Earth with their battles?

In what stage does Goku start the battle in? I think that could really affect the outcome. I doubt he is able to start in his most powerful form, and if the TV shows taught me anything, its that Goku can take multiple episodes to power up.

I'm going to withhold my vote for now. I want someone to answer what level Goku starts at. If he can start at a high level I will vote for him, but since neither guy has prep time I'm thinking he starts in his normal state. If so Doom takes this for me.

Goku, in as the series progresses, is able to go SS1/SS2 pretty easily. Nigh instantaneously, really.

Goku wouldnt really have a problem leveling up. Remember he got comfortable being able to just hang out in SS1 form. He would be able to buy enough time to power up higher if\when needed. I think that SS1\SS2 would be plenty to kick Doom around a bit, but not likely to defeat him. If not he could hold him off\hurt him enough to get to SS3 and then its game over for Victor.

Goku wouldnt really have a problem leveling up. Remember he got comfortable being able to just hang out in SS1 form. He would be able to buy enough time to power up higher if\when needed. I think that SS1\SS2 would be plenty to kick Doom around a bit, but not likely to defeat him. If not he could hold him off\hurt him enough to get to SS3 and then its game over for Victor.

Yeah, it's worth pointing out that even his transition to SS3 only takes a little bit of time. It's hardly the epic journey to SS that it was for him early on in his career.

Yeah, it's worth pointing out that even his transition to SS3 only takes a little bit of time. It's hardly the epic journey to SS that it was for him early on in his career.

Well,depending on the time in the series, it could take Goku minutes or mere moments to transform into S.S.3. If this was Goku at the end of G.T then not long at all. In fact during the fight with Buu(Gotenks absorbed), he was able to jump from his normal form to S.S. 3 in a matter of a few seconds.

[YOUTUBE]uUf0hjdrMx8[/YOUTUBE]

Even during his fight with Kid Buu,it didn't take him very long at all. I guess he found more occasion to practice that one? I don't know lol.

Well,depending on the time in the series, it could take Goku minutes or mere moments to transform into S.S.3. If this was Goku at the end of G.T then not long at all. In fact during the fight with Buu(Gotenks absorbed), he was able to jump from his normal form to S.S. 3 in a matter of a few seconds.

[YOUTUBE]uUf0hjdrMx8[/YOUTUBE]

Even during his fight with Kid Buu,it didn't take him very long at all. I guess he found more occasion to practice that one? I don't know lol.

That video is anime filler. In the canon not only does it take Goku some time to transform into SSJ3, but it puts such a massive strain on his body that he can't withstand the transformation for long.

Regardless, I'm leaning Goku as Doom can't use prep for this match, and his default shields likely cannot withstand the saiyan's strongest attacks. I'll cast my votes tomorrow though.

That video is anime filler. In the canon not only does it take Goku some time to transform into SSJ3, but it puts such a massive strain on his body that he can't withstand the transformation for long.

Regardless, I'm leaning Goku as Doom can't use prep for this match, and his default shields likely cannot withstand the saiyan's strongest attacks. I'll cast my votes tomorrow though.

Point taken. The only problem I have with these fights is what era of Goku we are talking about here in these fights. If its Goku has he is at the end of the G.T series then I have no doubt Goku would still be able to jump to more powerful S.S levels much faster than he did in the Z series. Ether way, I'm still going with Goku for much of the same reasons you gave.

While Dr Doom has magic at his side, I don't think he has ever fought against someone as fast and strong as Goku. It has been pointed, in this particulary case Goku is not going to have any problem fighting at his best against an incanation of evil.

At first is going to be hard for Goku to beat Doom, but as soon as he becomes SS1 or even SS2, Doom is going to get his ass kicked. I'm not sure how good/expert is Doom in a melee fight. On the other hand Goku has great experience in both fields, hand to hand combat and well...beam to beam? Anyway, Goku wins this one.

If Doom lets this boil down to an all out fight, then he'll come out on the short end of things. In terms of overall power, he can't come close to Goku nor does he have the actual fighting skills to go one on one.

Doom's biggest and best weapon has always been his mind. He's often used superior technology, strategy and intelligence to get the best of opponents vastly more powerful than himself. There've been times in which Doom has been able to use his technology and inventive genius to to usurp the powers of bengs like the Beyonder and Galactus only to be undone by his own overconfidence.

Doom's armor is nothing to sneeze at either as it does grant him various superhuman physical attributes, can generate any number of energy blasts, protective force fields, etc.

Something you don't really hear about Doom a lot is that he knows a good deal about sorcery. In the comics, he used to engage Mephisto annually in a mystical battle to release his mother's soul from Mephisto's hell. One of Doom's magical abilities, one that's rarely used but is there, is that he can mystically switch bodies with others. So potentially, Doom could use this ability to switch bodies with Goku and simply wreak havoc on him. Goku isn't exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer and would be taken completely by surprise. Not to mention the fact that he has no idea how to utilize the technology of Doom's armor. Doom could simply use Goku's superior abilities to take out Goku with Goku trapped in his body.

Doom's body might be destroyed but he's someone that would consider it an acceptable loss. That's just the type of person Doom is. Plus, he'd consider it a grand scheme. Now his personality, his intellect, his soul if you will would inhabit Goku's body, a body that's ultimately vatly more powerful than his own even with his armor.

I wouldn't blame anybody for voting for Goku as he is so much more powerful and a much better fighter. I just don't believe he has the strategic capabilities nor the killer instinct to be fully prepared for someone like Doom.

If Doom lets this boil down to an all out fight, then he'll come out on the short end of things. In terms of overall power, he can't come close to Goku nor does he have the actual fighting skills to go one on one.

Doom's biggest and best weapon has always been his mind. He's often used superior technology, strategy and intelligence to get the best of opponents vastly more powerful than himself. There've been times in which Doom has been able to use his technology and inventive genius to to usurp the powers of bengs like the Beyonder and Galactus only to be undone by his own overconfidence.

Doom's armor is nothing to sneeze at either as it does grant him various superhuman physical attributes, can generate any number of energy blasts, protective force fields, etc.

Something you don't really hear about Doom a lot is that he knows a good deal about sorcery. In the comics, he used to engage Mephisto annually in a mystical battle to release his mother's soul from Mephisto's hell. One of Doom's magical abilities, one that's rarely used but is there, is that he can mystically switch bodies with others. So potentially, Doom could use this ability to switch bodies with Goku and simply wreak havoc on him. Goku isn't exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer and would be taken completely by surprise. Not to mention the fact that he has no idea how to utilize the technology of Doom's armor. Doom could simply use Goku's superior abilities to take out Goku with Goku trapped in his body.

Doom's body might be destroyed but he's someone that would consider it an acceptable loss. That's just the type of person Doom is. Plus, he'd consider it a grand scheme. Now his personality, his intellect, his soul if you will would inhabit Goku's body, a body that's ultimately vatly more powerful than his own even with his armor.

I wouldn't blame anybody for voting for Goku as he is so much more powerful and a much better fighter. I just don't believe he has the strategic capabilities nor the killer instinct to be fully prepared for someone like Doom.

The part with bold happened in a DBZ episode, against Ginyu (I think that's how you spell it). In fact it happen the same thing, Gyniu kicked Goku's ass with Goku's own greater powers. However, Gyniu didn't knew how to manage ki. Doom wouldn't either, in fact I'm almost sure he would knew less than Gyniu how to power up or use ki, unite body and mind etc. That being said, Goku knows how to do that regardless of wich body he is in. Granted, he wouldn't know how to use Doom's magic but neither Doom would know how to use Goku's kii, beams etc.

Doom's armor wouldn't be a problem either since Goku has trained in a level of gravity where his body was much heavier than in Earth.

Even if Doom trade body's with Goku, he doesn't know how to power up, use kii, use Goku's strenght and speed and he definitely isn't an expert in hand to hand combat. Goku on the other hand is a master in martial arts and hand to hand combat and doesn't rely only in his physical strengh.

Goku wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back