• #10 Curt Hennig

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
#7 Rowdy Roddy Piper vs. #10 Mr. Perfect Curt Hennig

1. Not a popularity contest.
2. Will rules of a region come into play (Remember, this is a TNA match, all matches are in a six sided ring)
3. Will crowd be a factor. All matches take place in Dallas, TX
4. This is the last round for non gimmick matches.

i think this feud happened in the 80s and just like then, the vote goes to Hennig. Piper is great on the mic and good in the ring, but Hennig is one of the best ever in the ring. Hennig will win this, although not in a landslide.

This is match I wish I'd seen involve the IC Title in the early to mid-90's. I mean, Hart beat Henning, Rougeau beat Hart, Piper beat Rougeau, Hart beat Henning. Henning vs Piper is the best possible combination that didn't occur with the IC Title during that time frame.

Piper is a better brawler, but Henning is no slouch in that department, and can also outwrestle Piper. Henning is cunning, and it takes a special athlete to knock a guy like that off.

Henning at 17 minutes via Perfect Plex.

The only thing Piper has going for him is mic skills. Not that much use in a wrestling match. Henning would win, not easily though. Everyone likes Piper so he's get an extra 10 minutes in the ring just so he didn't look like a total jabroni.

Piper is better only on the mic, and honestly not by much. Perfects promos are very underrated. They were fantastic. Perfect had off the charts charisma, and FAR superior wrestling and selling skills. Perfect by a million miles.

Roddy Piper was good but very average, at best, when it comes to in ring ability. His best work is on the microphone, lets not kid ourselves. If he didn't have the mic ability, he wouldn't have had a job much longer then two years in the business.

Hennig on the other hand is a perfect combination of in ring ability and heat generator on the outside of the ring. Perfect wins this one, and it's probably nt even close, and I'll be lobbying hard for Perfect to beat Austin.

I believe Curt Henning, is simply one of the best wrestlers ever. Mr. Perfect was a so so idea for a gimmick, but he made it a legit heel. Two of my personal favorite matches involve Henning. Side note- he went to High school near my hometown and no one had a bad thing to say about him. Its a shame things ended for him the way they did. Piper on the other hand, was entertaining in a different way than Henning. After his face turn, he never seemed like a real threat to anyone.

This would be a solid match with Henning getting most of the offense. Henning wins with the Perfect Plex at the 13 minute mark.

Results are here

Mr. Perfect wins this and I am sick of making the same point in all of Curt Hennig's matches. He has never made a mistake caused by him when he is healthy. His Match Psychology was great, as was his ring work. Piper was good enough to be a main eventer. Both Ric Flair and Hogan have said that Piper would have been as big as them in terms of name value. But this is still in terms of Match work not overall contribution to Wrestling. Therefore Perfect wins.

I'm gonna say Curt Hennig, simply because of the overall ring skills. I don't think the 6 sided ring would be much effect, as Roddy Piper (being the ring vet he is) should be capable of adapting easily, however Hennig would be in the same situation with being unknown to the 6 sided ring, and I think Hennig would adapt quicker to the surroundings.

As noted earlier, Piper isn't exacty as skills talent wise as Curt, so I see Hennig making short work of Piper, however not a complete squash. I can't see this match working in Piper's favor at all, except for if it ever came down to a verbal debate.. in which Piper would chew Hennig up, and spit him out. Unfortunately, for Piper, its a wrestling match (I'd assume, anyways) and that means Hennig will capitalize for the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back