Stone Cold vs. The Blue Blood

• #2 Steve Austin

• #18 William Regal

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
#2 Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. #18 William Regal

1. Not a popularity contest.
2. Will rules of a region come into play (Remember, this is a TNA match, all matches are in a six sided ring)
3. Will crowd be a factor. All matches take place in Dallas, TX
4. This is the last round for non gimmick matches.

It doesn't matter if it, ecw, wcw, wwe, or tna, it's austin everytime. Regal can wrestle circles around Austin, but as he is doing that, stone cold flips him off, throws a few punches, a stunner and it's over.

I agree, obviously. People are putting too much in technical wrestling in this tournament. If we're meant to believe that Lance Storm is the most gifted wrestler alive, we're also meant to believe that Stone Cold Steve Austin is the toughest son of a bitch walking this earth and is near unbeatable. Facts are that William Regal is not the man to beat Austin. Not even close.

The only man with the ability to do that is one Kurt Angle.

I want to vote for Regal so badly it hurts. But Mr. Sam is half right. Regal won't take Austin out. Remember, Austin isn't a bad technical wrestler, he's just more of a brawler. When Austin matched up with Chris Benoit years ago, Steve showed he could mat wrestle. Steve is just too intense for Regal to handle, and should get the Stunner and pin around the 9-minute mark.

Hollywood Blondes Austin was a damn good techinical wrestler, surpassed only by Regal on WCW. I'm voting Regal on the basis that in my opinion, Austin(Williams) was a better wrestler in WCW, where Regal would eventually beat him.

As good as Regal is technically people are putting way to much into the technical aspect. Look at what is known and that is that Austin is the toughest son of a bitch in wrestling and can hold his own on the mat even after his neck injury. Stunner before the ten min mark.

See I don't see why there is too much being put into technical wrestling. Technical wrestlers are often billed as guys that are the "smarter" wrestler. They are the guys that know the counter to each hold because they don't have the power or the brawling skills to match with power houses or brawlers.

They know counter moves for almost anything, so it becomes believable that a guy like Benoit can beat the Big Show, or Bret Hart can beat a Bigelow, Angle beating an Undertaker. They are guys that can't match power, but they sure as hell can isolate a body part, or wait until the bigger guy exposes himself ot win a match. They play possum when the big guys think they have them beat and roll them up. A guy like Benoit while being chokeslammed can slide out of it and lock on a crossface, they are the ultimate opportunist in wrestling. They see the slightest hole, and they punch threw it.

That being said, I'm not sure who I'm voting for, but voting for technical guys isn't a bad thing and if they are voting based upon it, it's no different then people voting for guys because they are hardcore in an ECW region or high flyers in the TNA ring.

Totally agreed with what you just said.

But come on now there is no way in hell Regal is beating Stone Cold freakin Steve Austin. Austin is arguably the biggest name of all time and who is William Regal....a real man's man??? come on now. Yes i know what he did in WCW.

Now i'm not saying vote for the bigger name ini each match. Exampple is Hogan..now we all know he has very little wrestling skills and its alot on name value. Austin carries the name value but is still a great brawler and an average to above average technitian.

Honestly, Regal probably would not ever go over Austin at any time ever in eithers carreers. its different teirs and echelons of superstars. Regal is DAMN good, and superior in technical skill. But not to the point were he could overcome austins superiority in everything else. Austin, in a damn entertaining match.

Regal was a really good wrestler at a lot of points in his career and it feels wrong to not be voting for him here. But if you just look at Stone Cold Steve Austin, I think it's obvious Regal isn't going to kick him out of this tournament, and for him to do so would be a mockery. But it would be awfully close I think. It would be a good match, to see 2 different styles of wrestling go up against each other. But in the end I have to say Austin for the win.

I want to support Regal...I really do. I admire his technical ability. He's got far more skill than I believe he is allowed to show.

That having been said....are you kidding? Stone Cold takes this one pretty easily. After the match, he gives Regal a beer...or 10...poured over Regal's prone body.

Regal can out wrestle Austin. He has far more wrestling ability then Stone Cold, but in my opinion, this is still Austin's match. Sure Regal can wrestle circles around of Austin, but that doesn't mean he'll win. Austin will prevail with a stunner after a fairly short match.

As talented as Regal is he can't go over Austin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back