• #2 Eddie Guerrero

• #18 Gregory Helms

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
#2 Eddie Guerrero vs. #18 Gregory Helms

The following match takes place in El Paso, TX under normal WCW Rules. Debate and follow the rules, no spamming please.

1. Not a popularity contest.
2. Will rules of a region come into play (Remember, this is old school WCW, so the ring entrance and the ring are on the same level.)
3. Will crowd be a factor.
4. This is the last round for non gimmick matches.

Yet again another great 3rd round match that's tough to call. While I think Eddie is a bit overrated, I still like him in this match. Helms was coming on so strong before his injury that I could almost see him pulling the upset, but the factoring in of El Paso gives it to Eddie, in a very good 12-15 minute match.

Gotta go with Eddie here, by a lot. If Helms goes over, then this is a grossly IWC feuled travesty. Helms is very good, but not as good as eddie, or even close. Eddie has the titles, and the high profile matches/feuds to back himself up. Eddie has what I consider a number of classic matches on his resume. Helms may have some as well, but I would venture to say that Eddie probably has many more. Eddie ftw, in what would be an awesome match

I don't think Eddie is as great as what he is made out to be, but I'd still go for him in this match. I am an Eddie fan, and I think he has had some really good matches, and he's always known how to work an audience. I'd bet on Eddie coming through this one after about 15 minutes. He was generally one to pull a few tricks from his sleeve when he needed to, and could win a match pretty well.

It bothers me that Eddie is going to break through into round 4, but there is no way I can put Helms over Guerrero. I like Eddie, always have, but he should have been on the receiving end of a round 1 upset. After that, lucky seeding has worked in his favor and he's been able to slide through. He shouldn't make it out of this bracket, though.

Eddie. I love both. But one achieved something and the other probably wont. While I like Eddie he wasn't what I would call main event material. Without the brand split he never would have touched a main title, he would have been a perma mid carder in the Attitude Era, and a third Conquistador in the 80's.

This one is about as open and shut as it gets. Helms has potential, but will never get pushed to the next level because he doesn't have a cute gimmick anymore, and since hes small, Vince hates him. Eddie on the other hand was solid. Eddie should win this one fairly easily, but will be tested in the gimmick rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back