Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
r2.jpg

The Outsiders - Kevin Nash & Scott Hall
vs.
The Rock 'n' Sock Connection - The Rock & Mick Foley

Because I fucked up and put Jerishow in the wrong region. Here's a better match to make up for it.

I went with the Outsiders here. Foley was only a joke during this time, and was not near his best in the ring. Rock was good, but he was becoming a joke himself. Nash and Hall have more chemistry and better teamwork than their opponents, and they have the size and strength advantage.

Rock won't be able to muscle them all over the ring, and although Foley will take bump after bump, he won't have anything in his offense to eke out the win.

In this match, I almost have to go with Hall and Nash. Big Sexy and the Bad Guy won’t have it easy, but in this match, I think they could pull it off. If Pac was involved, it would be an even easier decision, as we’ve seen what the Rock and Sock have done in a 2-on-3 situation with Evolution, but I digress.

Another easy decision here. I like Rock 'n' Sock, but they are exceptionally overrated. They're a team more known for their promos then for their actual wrestling matches. Compare that to a team like The Outsiders, who basically kickstarted the wrestling boom of the late 90s, and this shouldn't even be a contest. Rock and Foley are great, but in a tag team environment, they just wouldn't be able to take out a team like the Outsiders.

I hate Kevin Nash with a Passion, but still cannot see Rock N Sock being able to take the Outsiders... Could even see it being a clean win...
shocker...

I too am going with the Outsiders. This will be a hell of a battle, but I just think Nash and Hall will take out the RNSC. Both teams are overrated to an extent, but Nash and Hall to me are a better team than Rock and Mick.

This goes to The Outsiders. Rock and Sock weren't very good, and The Outsiders really were excellent. The Outsiders dominated WCW completely, while the Rock and Sock couldn't even dominate a tag team division consisting of luminaries like the Holly Cousins.

Rock and Sock were by far bigger stars, but they were another thrown together team. Rock would likely get fed up with Foley and insist on fighting on his own which would be too much for him to overcome. Nash and Hall win here, but it's a damn war.

It is almost a dream match seeing these four in a ring. I would love to see The Rock rise to occasion, Nash powerbomb Foley onto an announce table, and Hall to walk into a Rock Bottom. Great, great match, but I remain undecided. I am thinking The Outsiders, as they are the better team. But I am swayable. Convince me!

Considering that Mick Foley is basically a "glorified stuntman" as said by Ric Flair yet still holds true, possibly the greatest jobber ever [reference to KB] & is a good entertainer for professional wrestling that can only put on wrestling classics in gimmick or hardcore style matches, how can any team with him on their side defeat one of the best teams containing some of the best psychology, chemistry & experience teaming together?

The Rock is a great wrestler in his own right, but Mick Foley did nothing to elevate him with the team only being formed for entertainment purposes. Kevin Nash is also very experienced in the TNA ring more than Foley, so the Outsiders have the homefield advantage.

The logical choice is the Outsiders.

Fuck Rock N' Sock. For some reason, they never really clicked for me. That is one reason to vote agains them. Another is the fact that they are facing wrestlers who match up against them in both size and talent, and had great, prolonged tag team success. Rock N' Sock really have no advantage here, other than the fact that they're funnier, which sadly, isn't enough to get my vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back