Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Round One

zorrovmarv.png

It's black and white vs. black and white as the villain from Sin City takes on a legendary hero of yore. Zorro is a master swordsman, quick on his feet and quick in his mind, but Marv is strong and resilient, able to leap out of a building and walk away. But who will walk away from this battle?

FIGHT!

Zorro only stands a chance whilst he can stay out of Marv's grip, but whilst he's by no stretch a genius, he's Marv is smart enough to use whatever's necessary to stop the big Z cutting him into slices until he can get a hold of him and rip his head off.

I prefer Zorro, but he's not gonna put Marv down by giving him a few little sword slices. Marv will frickin grab his sword and snap it, then grab Zorro and crush the life out of him. Marv wins :icon_neutral:

I gotta give this one to Marv. First of all, he carries a gun, which means Zorro is bringing a sword to a gun fight, which means he's fucked. Zorro is a great swordsman, but he does not have superhuman reflexes that will allow him to dodge bullets.

If by some chance Marv doesn't use the gun or Zorro manages to knock the gun out of Marv's hand before he uses it, Zorro still has his work cut out for him. Marv isn't the type of guy that's going to go down after a few slashes and jabs from Zorro's sword. Marv is a guy that has survived multiple gunshot wounds, and even a jolt from the electric chair. Even if Zorro managed to slice Marv a couple times, he'd soon be met by a huge punch that could knock his lights out.

Marv is just too powerful for Zorro, and I'm giving him this round.

Marv is just too powerful for Zorro, and I'm giving him this round.

Sometimes I feel people listen to me more when I quote an established poster. And this time I am in 100% agreement with JGlass.

And now to make this non-spam

This is too close when it really should not be at all. It's the same scenario with Aragorn and Fox McCloud, it's a sword to a gunfight. And Zorro doesn't even have a big sword. Zorro may be nimble, but Marv is a decent shot and I'm sure one will hit Zorro and you can bet this will be enough to slow him, which will ulitmately allow him to lose.

I haven't had a chance to read the Sin City comics, unfortunately. I have seen the film, though. Based on that, there is no possible way Zorro would win. Even taking out the gun vs. sword argument, the sheer amount of pain that Marv endured is practically superhuman.

Marv is a glorified caveman who doesn't know what pain is. Zorro is very much human and even though it has been many years since I watched the old show or movies, I don't believe he is a killer. I guess there is the outside chance Zorro knocks out Marv, but I just don't think that would happen. Marv knows how to use weapons, is sadistic, and is one hell of an ass kicker. If Zorro even got remotely close to Marv, Marv would grab him and break him like a twig. Marv has got to win this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back