• The Incredible Hulk

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JGlass

Unregistered User
Round One

flashvhulk.png

This is a battle of speed vs. power as DC's fastest hero takes on Marvel's strongest. Who wins in this classic match-up between two of the biggest heroes in comic history?

FIGHT!

I have to go with the Flash on this one. Against the Hulk the Flash is useless. However, against Bruce Banner the Flash will win. Flash can get the hell out of Hulk's way until Hulk calms down and then take advantage of the situation and beat up Bruce Banner who is the Hulk. All he has to do is avoid the Hulk at all costs and this battle is his. Hulk will get bored eventally. This is a fact, which I believe is Hulk's downfall.

I have to go with the Flash on this one. Against the Hulk the Flash is useless. However, against Bruce Banner the Flash will win. Flash can get the hell out of Hulk's way until Hulk calms down and then take advantage of the situation and beat up Bruce Banner who is the Hulk.

This is where your entire argument completely falls apart, the fact that Hulk can't catch Flash is just going to anger Hulk more, which will then make Hulk stronger, plus Hulk isn't exactly a slow guy, the dude can fucking move, maybe not as fast as the Flash, but he can keep up with the likes of Thor & Sentry, both of whom have superhuman speed. Hulk will eventually catch Flash and whe he does, Flash is fucked. Hulk is not going to calm done, also since Jean Grey psionically "shut Banner off" Hulk is Hulk pretty much whenever he wants to be, he only allows Banner out when it benefits him, in this kind of situation, it would most certainly not benefit him, so why would he let Banner out?

All he has to do is avoid the Hulk at all costs and this battle is his. Hulk will get bored eventally. This is a fact, which I believe is Hulk's downfall.

This is NOT a fact at all, Hulk won't get bored he'll just get more infuriated with each passing second that he can't get his hands on Flash.

Hulks wins....eventually.

Justinsayne said PERFECTLY, the fact that Hulk can't catch Flash is going to make him every second even more angry. I can see Hulk becoming crazy and throwing everything he can find to Flash. At some point, Flash will avoid one of those objects and Hulk taking advantage to dewtroy him in a matter of seconds.

Hulk easily wins here. Once he got his hands on Flash, there's no escape for him. It's just a matter of time.

As the temper grows the Hulk doesn't tire, doesn't require sleep and he doesn't give up. Unless Flash can run forever, he will be caught and he will be smashed!

Hulk here. But, man, I love both of them. However, I can see the Flash trying to hit the Hulk with speed, but the Incredible one just flicking him off. Remember, the Hulk is a giant, the Flash would need quite a few attacks to get him off his feet, but the Hulk is no slouch. I doubt flash would even get 2 attacks on him.

HULK

I'm boing to be blunt. Flash could destroy Hulk very, very quickly simply by using his speed. Not because he could run around dosging until Hulk turned back into nice punchable Bruce Banner, but because physics can be really screwed up when you go as fast as The Flash does.

Let me show you two scenarios. In the first, Flash picks up a stone from the ground. For ease of maths, it weighs one kilogram. He runs off around the world and when he comes back around he throws the stone at 99% of the speed of light (296,794,533 m/s). At this speed it weighs 10 kilos and has a momentum of 2,967,945,330 kgm/s. Newton's first law tells us that rock ain't going to stop when it hits Hulk (see also, high velocity bullets with less than a percent of that speed going straight through the pople in its path). Thus two things will happen, the rock will fly straight through him and he will be sent flying, freeing up Flash to keep doing that again and again until Hulk is little more than a pile of radioactive goo.

But that's completely irrelevent. Flash could win this fight without even touching Hulk. This is because Mass isn't the only thing that changes when you go fast. When you approach lightspeed, time dilates. When traveling at 99% of light speed, a minute to the Flash seems like 7 to The Hulk, and that figure only increases when Flash goes faster. If Flash traveled at one meter per second slower than light, a minute to him would be 8.6 DAYS to Hulk. An hour, 1.4 years. Flash can keep up his speed all day as he's sustained by the speed force can Hulk?. And as Flash can also travel at Lightspeed, he can make that minute last a lifetime or stop it entirely.

Face facts Hulk fans, Flash wins.

Hulk gets mad. Hulk gets destructive. Flash locks him away in the Speed Force for a few hundred years. End of match. Flash wins.

I'm boing to be blunt. Flash could destroy Hulk very, very quickly simply by using his speed. Not because he could run around dosging until Hulk turned back into nice punchable Bruce Banner, but because physics can be really screwed up when you go as fast as The Flash does.

Let me show you two scenarios. In the first, Flash picks up a stone from the ground. For ease of maths, it weighs one kilogram. He runs off around the world and when he comes back around he throws the stone at 99% of the speed of light (296,794,533 m/s). At this speed it weighs 10 kilos and has a momentum of 2,967,945,330 kgm/s. Newton's first law tells us that rock ain't going to stop when it hits Hulk (see also, high velocity bullets with less than a percent of that speed going straight through the pople in its path). Thus two things will happen, the rock will fly straight through him and he will be sent flying, freeing up Flash to keep doing that again and again until Hulk is little more than a pile of radioactive goo.

But that's completely irrelevent. Flash could win this fight without even touching Hulk. This is because Mass isn't the only thing that changes when you go fast. When you approach lightspeed, time dilates. When traveling at 99% of light speed, a minute to the Flash seems like 7 to The Hulk, and that figure only increases when Flash goes faster. If Flash traveled at one meter per second slower than light, a minute to him would be 8.6 DAYS to Hulk. An hour, 1.4 years. Flash can keep up his speed all day as he's sustained by the speed force can Hulk?. And as Flash can also travel at Lightspeed, he can make that minute last a lifetime or stop it entirely.

Face facts Hulk fans, Flash wins.

I don't think you can use the laws of physics when the examples you are giving deny those very same principles. If you run close to the speed of light you will literally run off the face of the Earth because the surface is curved. So observing these laws, Flash either burns to death going through the atmosphere or dies of asphyxiation once he hits space were his legs can go as fast as they want but without atmosphere, he goes nowhere.

And as for running at the speed of life until the Hulk dies, you realise that with his regenerative powers Hulk will outlast the rest of mankind. In Marvel mythology, he only finally dies because he reverts to Banner (who has died millennia before him). Even if he did employ this (frankly cowardly) tactic and it worked, he'd be the only one alive to celebrate.

I don't think you can use the laws of physics when the examples you are giving deny those very same principles. If you run close to the speed of light you will literally run off the face of the Earth because the surface is curved. So observing these laws, Flash either burns to death going through the atmosphere or dies of asphyxiation once he hits space were his legs can go as fast as they want but without atmosphere, he goes nowhere.

I take it you have heard of gravity. Makes is quite difficult to simply run off the face of the earth. And since Flash can run faster than light, obviously the Speed force protects him from the effects that traveling at that speed would do. It also sustains him so he can literally run forever.

And as for running at the speed of life until the Hulk dies, you realise that with his regenerative powers Hulk will outlast the rest of mankind. In Marvel mythology, he only finally dies because he reverts to Banner (who has died millennia before him). Even if he did employ this (frankly cowardly) tactic and it worked, he'd be the only one alive to celebrate.

Luckily, this isn't a fight of honour.

Also, Flash can run so fast he travels backwards in time. Hypothetically he could travel back and prevent Banner from getting turned into the Hulk. Or stall him to death and then travel back in time to face his next opponent. Whatever way you look at it, it's game over for Hulk.

I take it you have heard of gravity. Makes is quite difficult to simply run off the face of the earth. And since Flash can run faster than light, obviously the Speed force protects him from the effects that traveling at that speed would do. It also sustains him so he can literally run forever.

You mean the force that can be countered by that most powerful of things, the simple magnet. Simple fact, you run at a certain speed on a curve you fly off. The Speed Force and his powers have been used to explain many things, why he doesn't 'run' into space isn't one of them.

Luckily, this isn't a fight of honour.

Also, Flash can run so fast he travels backwards in time. Hypothetically he could travel back and prevent Banner from getting turned into the Hulk. Or stall him to death and then travel back in time to face his next opponent. Whatever way you look at it, it's game over for Hulk.

Okay, I pick the 'Professor' Hulk, who has the brainpower to slow your boy down permanently, no matter what tricks he tries. Plus, changing the past is dangerous too, so he prevents Banner becoming the Hulk at that point - given his career choice, does that mean he will never become the Hulk? Better still, if he changes the past, what's to say he isn't killed by one of his own opponents as a result of the ripple effect? Hypothetically or not, that scenario is just way to big a 'what if?'. Also, just out of interest, how many guys has Flash beaten using the tactics you describe? Surely this match should happen under the existing dynamics of both guys fighting styles?

I guess not many people have read The Flash comics but The Flash has proved many times how versatile his Super-speed is on the likes of The Hulk. If The Flash really wanted to, he could run at the speed of light, which would allow him to travel through time and space and find Bruce Banner before he be affected by the gamma rays, and either attack him on the spot or prevent him from becoming radiated from the rays. Which would allow The Flash to easily defeat the Hulk.

I love The Hulk, he is a really bad ass juggernaut of death. But when you're up against a guy who can travel back in time as a lightning bolt is just not fair for the poor fella.

Flash 1; Hulk:0

The Hulk has potentially limitless power. He's the Broly of the Marvel Verse; the madder Hulk gets, the stronger Hulk becomes.

His strength grows and aguments and changes rapidly. He could be throwing around cars and smashing buildings one minute, the next he's smashing apart mountains, and creating crevises in the earth large enough to swallow whole cities.

Hulk can survive in space, and I've seen him bust apart asteriods. I'm sure if Hulk truely got angry enough, he could bust apart a planet. And if that happens, The Flash is most definitely fucked.

So the hero Flash is willing to run through time and space and prevent Hulk from being created, knowing full well that there will be terrible, terrible consequences if he does so?

1) Flash wouldn't do that. The probability of fucking with the space time continuum is too great, and the potential for creating a vastly different future would be too dangerous.

2) If he prevents Hulk from being created, then some of Marvel's greatest villains would still be around, including Onslaught. If Hulk never ripped Onslaught's armor open, Onslaught would have successfully taken over Earth... or whatever his objective was, and Flash would be dead.

So this is going to be a clean fight, speed vs. strength. Often times I favor speed, especially unbridled speed like that of The Flash... but in this case you gotta go with Not So Jolly Green. Hulk can clap and send sonic waves that can make buildings crumble. He can pound the earth sending anything in his vicinity flying in the air, and god help you if he decides to smash you personally.

Even if Flash slams into Hulk at full speed, he'd be nothing more than an annoyance to Hulk. Eventually Hulk is going so get so annoyed with The Flash that he's going to go on a rampage, and when he's that angry and that strong, The Flash's attacks are going to be even less effective. At that point, it's only a matter of time before The Hulk makes a timely grab or trips Flash by moving the earth under Flash's feet.

HULK SMASHES AND TAKES ROUND!

Hulk may not catch Flash for a while but all that time he's trying to catch him he's getting angrier and stronger. Hulk will eventually catch The Flash and squeeze the life out of him. The Incredible Hulk wins!

I'm speaking from the perspective of one who hasn't read the comics but watched the DCAU (DC Animated Universe). I don't think anyone can argue against that if it was a straight up fist fight, Hulk would destroy Flash in a heartbeat. However, taking Flash's speed into account, I do believe Flash can overcome Hulk. In the Justice League Unlimited episode "Divided We Fall", Flash was able to overcome the fusion of Lex Luthor and Braniac. The Luthor/Braniac fusion easily overcame the entire League, including Superman and Martian Manhunter, on his own which leads me to believe that he is very capable of single handedly defeating Hulk. Flash could defeat Hulk the same way he single handedly defeated the Luthor/Braniac fusion: by running several laps around the world (which he could easily do) until he reaches a state of Speed Force and continuously smash into Hulk, gaining more and more momentum each time he makes a full lap. Hey, if it worked against a demi-god like Luthor/Braniac, I think it could work against Hulk... right?

[youtube]53OyPYa7SEI[/youtube]

I'm speaking from the perspective of one who hasn't read the comics but watched the DCAU (DC Animated Universe). I don't think anyone can argue against that if it was a straight up fist fight, Hulk would destroy Flash in a heartbeat. However, taking Flash's speed into account, I do believe Flash can overcome Hulk. In the Justice League Unlimited episode "Divided We Fall", Flash was able to overcome the fusion of Lex Luthor and Braniac. The Luthor/Braniac fusion easily overcame the entire League, including Superman and Martian Manhunter, on his own which leads me to believe that he is very capable of single handedly defeating Hulk. Flash could defeat Hulk the same way he single handedly defeated the Luthor/Braniac fusion: by running several laps around the world (which he could easily do) until he reaches a state of Speed Force and continuously smash into Hulk, gaining more and more momentum each time he makes a full lap. Hey, if it worked against a demi-god like Luthor/Braniac, I think it could work against Hulk... right?

[youtube]53OyPYa7SEI[/youtube]

Unfortunately, with every hit Hulk's temper would worsen and each hit would have less and less effect. This was a steady ongoing storyline within the Marvel annals of heros and villains who begin more powerful than him beating on him and his anger growing and he beats them because in the end Hulk is the strongest one there is!

Once upon a time, The Flash was a guy that could run really fast. Over the, I dunno, five hundred years since he was introduced, this simple power has become so convoluted it's incredible.

"OK, so, uh, the speed force is how he runs so fast."

"New idea - he can run so fast that he can travel through time."

"Oh, erm, the reason all the bad things happened to him is because his villain is so fast that he can also run through time - and he pushed Barry Allen's mother down the stairs."

"He runs so fast that he is the speed force! Yeah, he's so fast that he's the reason he can run so fast!"

"I'm going to pitch an idea, here - The Flash solves a problem by running really fast. Have we done that one yet?"

The Hulk isn't hugely better. He's the poster child for the "as strong as he needs to be" trope. That said, at least every beginning, ending, middle, twist, bit of character development, love story, framing device, montage, flashback, one-issue run, twelve-issue run, five-hundred-issue run, crossover, retcon, reboot, continuation, death and resurrection of The Hulk's comics doesn't boil down to some cunt in a red costume running really fast.

I'd like to say that The Hulk punches The Flash so hard that he actually does something interesting for once. However, The Flash would win, like he always does, by running really, really fast.

Compelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back