Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Round One

Mario-vs-Batman.png

Nintendo's portly plumber has bopped himself many a beast in his time, thanks to his powerful stomps and plethora of powerups. Batman has also come out on top against foes of all sorts, using his detective skills and utility belt that seems to contain almost everything. Who can use their versatility to their advantage and make it to the top?

Voting closes five days after the poll opens.

FIGHT!

Taking into consideration that most of Marios powers are temporary, Batman would utilize stealth and ingenuity plus his obviously superior athleticism to defeat the portly plumber.

Yeah I like Mario but the batman has too many things at his disposal to fall to him...Batman could use his superior power and intellect to one up Mario.

If anyone says Mario could beat Batman, leave. Now. Batman would demolish Mario. Mario's powers only last temporarily. Batman would study and learn from him. Batman wins. Easy victory.

Please, a freaking TURTLE could kill Mario. In terms of intellect, strength, speed and equipment Mario stands no chance in a fight against The Dark Knight. Batman easily takes this one.

You guys are dumb, Mario's powers may only be temporary, but one of them makes him literally an invulnerable death machine where he kills anything. He. Touches.

1xinvisibility star x one bat-punch = Mario victory.

You guys are dumb, Mario's powers may only be temporary, but one of them makes him literally an invulnerable death machine where he kills anything. He. Touches.

You really think Batman is stupid enough to punch Mario while he's invulnerable? He'd keep his distant until the Star ran out, & Mario would then be fucked, hell Batman doesn't need to even lay a hand on Mario to beat him he just simply whips a batarang at Mario's head & it's game over.

Like always Batman wins.

I do agree with you and I actually thought about this but due to the fact that Mario's powers are only temporary, and not only but batman is a master of stealth and agile enough to avoid Mario until it's safe enough for him to destroy the portly little man.

You really think Batman is stupid enough to punch Mario while he's invulnerable? He'd keep his distant until the Star ran out, & Mario would then be fucked, hell Batman doesn't need to even lay a hand on Mario to beat him he just simply whips a batarang at Mario's head & it's game over.

Like always Batman wins.

How does batman know? They're from different universes and whenever batman faces a totally new enemy they kick his ass. Mario is new to Batman and batman has no idea what he's capable of, he sees a dude glowing and he's going to want to know the deal, he'd likely try to hit him. He'd die, or be set on fire, or be turned to ice, or mario would jump on his fucking head. If this were best of three batman would win rounds two and three, but he'd lose the first round and in this battle that's all that matters.

How does batman know? They're from different universes and whenever batman faces a totally new enemy they kick his ass. Mario is new to Batman and batman has no idea what he's capable of, he sees a dude glowing and he's going to want to know the deal, he'd likely try to hit him. He'd die, or be set on fire, or be turned to ice, or mario would jump on his fucking head. If this were best of three batman would win rounds two and three, but he'd lose the first round and in this battle that's all that matters.

So, I'm supposed to believe that after everything Batman's seen and done that if someone starts FUCKING GLOWING , he's going to RUN OVER and attack him...... I think batman would be at least smart enough to throw his bat-a-rang at him. And when that got dismantle by the glowing boy, I think he'd realize "Ya Know I might not want to go over there" Batman's not stupid, if someone starts super naturally glowing, I don't think his first instinct will be to punch him.

So, I'm supposed to believe that after everything Batman's seen and done that if someone starts FUCKING GLOWING , he's going to RUN OVER and attack him...... I think batman would be at least smart enough to throw his bat-a-rang at him. And when that got dismantle by the glowing boy, I think he'd realize "Ya Know I might not want to go over there" Batman's not stupid, if someone starts super naturally glowing, I don't think his first instinct will be to punch him.

Let's discuss narrative for a second. Quick name three batman enemies who haven't knocked the shit out him the very first time they met...

Can you even name one? No, why? Because first time around BATMAN ALWAYS LOSES. This is no different and the tournament is supposed to be consistent with their universes. Batman meets a brand new opponent and he's done for the day.

The man who laughs, Batman gets poisoned during it but it isn't by the joker, he is poisoned during it but if I remember correctly it isn't by the JOker. And in their first encounter, batman beats the shit out of him and sends him to jail

PS: Also just randomly looked it up but also Batman defeated bane in their first couple of meetings....

The man who laughs, Batman gets poisoned during it but it isn't by the joker, he is poisoned during it but if I remember correctly it isn't by the JOker. And in their first encounter, batman beats the shit out of him and sends him to jail

PS: Also just randomly looked it up but also Batman defeated bane in their first couple of meetings....

Joker doesn't fight first of all and the first time they crossed paths the Joker got away - The man who laughs is that exact story, it's a retelling of the origins of their rivalry. The first time Batman and Bane traded blows Batman got his back broken - Bane played possum before they met so he didn't give anything away.

Batman is popular all over, movies/cartoons/comics/television.

He has beaten several dangerous villians and is a proper hero character. Mario is just a video game turtle who chases other small villians just to get the princess?

Batman on the other hand saves towns.

Batman is popular all over, movies/cartoons/comics/television.

He has beaten several dangerous villians and is a proper hero character. Mario is just a video game turtle who chases other small villians just to get the princess?

Batman on the other hand saves towns.

But who would win in a fight? Mario, Mario would, Batman can't plan in advance, nor would he have a plan the second he saw Mario, one fire-flower later and that's all she wrote.

But who would win in a fight? Mario, Mario would, Batman can't plan in advance, nor would he have a plan the second he saw Mario, one fire-flower later and that's all she wrote.

Even if it's a fight I will vote for Batman, probably due to Batman's height alone.

How are we supposed to know there's any boxes for Mario to smash so he gets his power-ups? He doesn't carry them around with him so he would most likely remain a little midget who batman could kick around for a couple of minutes

EDIT: another valid reason for B-man to win is BECAUSE HE'S THE GODDAMN BATMAN

As much as I love Mario & wouldn't want him to lose first round, he loses this one. The one factor is that Batman has his equipment at all times, Mario has to find his things & they only last sporadically. The fight would start with Mario small, (or regular sized, but nothing else past), he would then have to find one of his powers in order to use them. Batman isn't just going to let Mario power up fully, he's no Goku.

Here is how it would pan out: Mario runs for a block, Batman shoots his grappling hook right into Mario's ass, hauls him into arms range, and whoops him around. Fatality finish, winner: Batman.

Indeed, if Mario picks up the star, Batman is fucked. I evendare to say that anyone in this tournamente is fucked. However, that is IF he picks the star. are we going to take for granted that the battle between these two happens in Mario's universe where are bricks and boxes everywhere?

I highly doubt it, wihout his powers Mario won't simply jump on Batman to incapacitate him. Batman has this round.

Batman relies heavily on his tools, toys, armor, and stealth to beat opponents. I saw DKR two nights ago and he got his ass handed to him by Bane handily. And it's arguable that Mario has the same strength as Bane when he can hurl enemies that are much larger than he is good distances. And that's without power ups.

Mario's speed and agility should be about the same as Batman's and his power ups should allow him a clear advantage. Raccoon Mario or fire suit Mario power ups don't disappear from what I remember. He has those power ups until he takes damage. What can Batman do when Mario's spamming fireballs everywhere?

Vanish Mario or metal Mario would fuck Batman's shit up just as much as star Mario would. And even though they're temporary, 15 seconds would be more than enough for Mario to knock Batman unconscious.

Huge Batman fan here but there is no way batman makes it out of there cause if there is one thing a Batman fan knows about Batman is he always gets his ass kicked the first time. It isn't untill batman's back's against the wall that he railes back and defeats his enemy. And Batman's pride would cause him to try to take on Mario even after he gets the gold star. Mario wins.

Fight number two would be a differn't story but in fight number one Batman goes down.

As people have said Batman typically loses the fight the first time around. He is the world's best detective, but he has no prep time. If he could prepare for Mario it would be different but Mario has multiple power-ups in his arsenal. He can fly with the tanookie suit, he can shoot fireballs with the fire flower, he can turn to stone, he can breath underwater(without a power up), he can turn into that frog thing, and above all, he has a power star of invincibility.

Plus Mario packs a punch in his fist. Remember all of those blocks Mario broke with his head? Look closer, he actually punches them. Oh and when he rides Yoshi around, he basically donkey punches him to get him to stick out his tongue.

While I do not dislike Batman, he perhaps more than any other benefits from who he is over what he can do. The sheer fact that the main argument for his victories is that "HE IS THE GODDAMN BATMAN!" is testament to that.

As has already been pointed out, he often loses when he comes up against a new enemy first up and in this tournament there are no second chances.

That is not to say that Mario would be the one to take him down but the array of power-ups that the plumber has available to him makes Mario more than capable of taking Batman down.

All Mario has to do is go super with that damn star of his and run right into Batman. Not saying Batman would be stupid and sit there to allow him, but how is he really supposed to comprehend the star gives him such power?
Vote: Mario.
Note: My hatred of Batman was not used in the making of this post.

You know how you kill Mario? You touch him.

In the classic games, ANYTHING that is an enemy that touches normal Mario once kills him. Even if he's in fireball throwing mode, it's two hits and he's done. Do you really think Batman with his utility belt and mastery of the martial arts can't avoid a projectile that goes up and down a bit and move when Mario tries to jump on his head? This isn't close at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back