Round 2: Batman vs. James Bond

Discussion in 'Humans Section' started by The Doctor, Sep 13, 2012.

?

Who wins?

1. Batman

2. James Bond

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Doctor

The Doctor Great and Devious

Round 2

[​IMG]

Gotham's finest takes on England's finest in this round 2 matchup. Last round, Batman managed to edge out the portly plumber Mario, while Bond took out the frontier-riding John Marston. It's sure to be a close one as these two heroes collide!

FIGHT!

2. GrandSword

GrandSword Burning Hammaaaaah!!!

Bond is no match for Batman. Although Bond is possibly skilled in some forms of fighting styles, in essence he is a quick talking, hard drinking, heavy smoking, women seducing spy.

Batman has spit in the face of Darkseid. He has outsmarted Darkseid and even phsyically got some big hits in on him. Even if we are talking about the Daniel Craig verison wihich is born Jason Bourne than James Bond, Bond physically and mentally is no match for the Dark Knight Detective.

Batman can't be reasoned with or tricked. And Bond's gadgets are no match for Bats'. Sorry Bond but lights out for you.

Jack-Hammer likes this.
  3. The Doctor

The Doctor Great and Devious

Voting for James Bond.

Batman and James Bond are very similar - Athletic, trained in hand-to-hand combat, armed to the teeth with fancy gadgets, and they both drive cool cars. The one thing Bond has over Batman is his use of guns, and while Batman can disarm a guy with a gun and has multiple times, it's a small thing that can give Bond the edge when he and Bats go toe-to-toe in a war of toys.

Bond is every bit as capable in a fist fight as Batman, and is also incredibly resilient. Not going to start listing all the things he's survived because that'd take away your time but let's just say you don't find your way at the top of the spy list by being terrible.

Don't let Batman's name value sway you his way. Think about it before you vote. In this environment, Batman will have come into the fight unprepared, and so would have Bond. It would come down to who has that little bit of an edge, and I think Bond would be able to outlast Mr. Wayne.

4. GrandSword

Batman fights dudes all the time with guns he disarms them easily even without his gadgets. Batman will knock Bond out with a batarang shot to the head. Bond is unfit, he is a hard drinking and heavy smoking intelligence agent. The Daniel craig version is not the real version, but even if that is what everyone is going on, Batman would still defeat him easily... Batman like I said earlier has taken on the New God Darkseid. Bond gets knocked out all the time and put in stupid traps like laser beam tables etc.

Batman is an extremely fit, is a master of multiple fighting techniques, his costume has small layers of kevlar that can prtect him from guys trying to punch or kick him. He is extreemly fast and Bond wouldn't even know what hit him.

Bond is nowhere near Batman's league.

5. nightmare

nightmare ...7, 8, Better stay up late...

Really the only way Bond has a chance is to shoot Batman, multiple times.

This would be a very close battle, closer than many would think. They are both rich, trained in hand to hand combat and love gadgets. Problem is, that in a fight- Batman has the edge. He may be a bit stronger than Bond, but thats not it. The armor will come into play- Bond just wont have enough to really hurt Batman with hand-to-hand. Bond will have to use his gadgets\weapons.

I just dont see him getting too much of a chance to use his weapons though. Bruce Wayne is fantastic when it comes to disarming people. Fantastic. I see Bond trying to pull a pistol and Batman leaps, throws a batarang and hits a knee to the face. Gun goes sliding away and Batman hits a quick flurry- Bond goes out.

Batman wins.

6. Shotaro

Shotaro WZCW's James Howard

That's a good idea and everything, but Bond has dodged thrown projectiles before, plus it's not like batman would be a difficult target, this fight is legitimately a tough call, possibly one of the toughest in the tournament so far...

7. Jomo_mark

Jomo_mark Dark Match Winner

Batman's suit is made from Kevlar, and he has faced many people skilled in using guns before and emerged victorious. Bond is a good fighter and all, but Batman is at the very least equal, but remember that batman has a suit so in hand to hand combat Batman wins. On top of this, Batman is also highly intelligent and has many gadgets. I just can't see how Bond can come out victorious.

8. Shotaro

Yes and Bond has no gadgets what so-ever, especially not ones that are intended to kill rather than incapacitate like Batman's. :rolleyes:

Batman is not a walking mannequin made of Kevlar and Bond is a good enough shot to catch his eyes or his mouth.

Batarangs and other thrown weapons are irrelevant since Bond has precedent for dodging them, could Batman get to Bond before he gets slotted in the eye with a Walther PPK?

In hand to hand, Batman maybe better trained but Bond is a ruthless bastard and would do anything to get an edge, I wouldn't even put it past Bond to go for a grapple and spit in Batman's eyes if he needed to.

This is FAR from a cut and dry thing, Bond matches him in gadgets, is a good enough shot to negate Batman's kevlar armour and is ruthless enough to counteract Batman's more highly skilled combat.

We're not talking about Mario, a guy who would lose after two punches; we're talking about a guy who will take Batman to the brink if he doesn't win and a guy who is out right sadistic enough to do WHATEVER IT TAKES to win.

as an aside: I've just voted for Bond, for the reasons stated above.

Bad News BK and The Doctor like this.
  9. Jomo_mark

Fair enough, I'll concede this point.

Yes, however, Batman has come up against other opponents skilled in guns and evidently he is able to come out on top despite his exposed areas.

Bond has dodged items thrown at him before, this doesn't mean he always can. Batman is very skillful in his throwing skills. From the bio:
    Bond may be good at dodging, but Batman can certainly dish it out!

Bond may be ruthless, but Batman has his own qualities like determination that could also help him. Also, Batman seems to be way better than Bond in his combat skills. Batman's fighting is practically super human levels, as proven from how he can fight the likes of Killer Croc and Bane and emerge victorious. Bond is no slouch, but I doubt he can match up to these standards. On top of that, it would be hard for Bond to even hurt Batman in hand to hand combat, given the protection of the Batsuit.

I agree this isn't going to be a cut and dry thing, I never said it was. However, I simply don't believe Bond can match up to Batman in terms of combat and intelligence.

The Doctor likes this.
  10. Shotaro

Batman only has a single 'aim and shoot' weapon in his arsenal on a regular basis, which is the grappling hook. If he shot it at a man it would kill him, Batman kills only as an absolute last resort (unless you want to get into the Batman Movies but I advise against that if you want to argue FOR him.) He doesn't carry a bow and arrow with him everywhere and he CERTAINLY doesn't carry a firearm.

As for his projectiles Batman has an equal in the Bond universe, Odd Job who was amazingly accurate and fast with thrown weapons, if they'd hit Bond, he'd be dead so we know it's not the "occasional" thrown weapon he dodges it's as many as Batman would dodge, if admittedly more functionally and less like a gymnast.

Ok, let's talk about the batsuit that's bullet proof and stab proof, tell me is it NEEDLE proof? You ever tested a stab vest? I know a guy who had to wear one as part of his job, he tested it with EVERYTHING in his Kitchen that had a point and nothing, he grabbed a sewing needle and it went straight through, Kevlar similarly will offer no protection against such a thing.

Batman is a better "fighter" than Bond, on that point I agree but Bond would cheat. That's a HUGE difference maker when Bond has proven time and again that he's far from being a slouch in the hand to hand fighting business. He's far more skilled than your average henchman that's for damn sure and Killer Croc isn't a skilled fighter by any means, Bane IS but do you really want to argue that Batman would beat Bane in a fight?

All of this and you forget one other CRUCIAL point here, Drama. Batman ALWAYS loses the first fight, especially against an opponent he wouldn't walk over. Batman would have the advantage in rounds 2 and 3 if they fought, but they don't. This is one time only and combined with how close everyone admits to this fight being, I see Bond coming out on top.

11. Captain Morgan Freeman

Captain Morgan Freeman Taught Elvis how to play karate

So Batman can dodge bullets but bond can't dodge thrown object's? That has to be the most ridiculous thing ive read on these forums. Congratulations on that. Yes Batman has disarmed opponents before but as shotaro rightly pointed out Bond was more then capable at eluding OddJobb's Bowler hat along with throwing knives in moonraker and harpoons in Thunderball. I would say both cancel each other out in that regard but if i was a betting man i would say bullet beats batarang, especially a bullet fired by James Bond of all people.

Another point that annoyed me was GrandSword suggesting that it was "The Daniel Craig version" fighting this battle. Daniel Craig isn't fighting here and neither are Sean Connery, Pierce Brosnan, Val Kilmer or George Clooney. It's the characters of James Bond and Batman fighting not the actors who portrayed them. You wouldn't say it's James earl Jones VS Eric Bana in a fight between Darth Vader and The Hulk so don't do it here you numpties.

It's a shame this battle has to happen with both men simply dropped into a battlefield as the playboy lifestyles of Bruce Wayne and James Bond could have lead to some interesting scenes at a party in Gotham.

As to who would win it's pretty tough to call. Both are skilled at hand to hand combat and both have a wide array of gadgets to call on when necessary. Say what you will Bond will be able to move a little bit quicker then Batman due to not having to wear the armor Batman wears. I think the key thing here though is that Batman doesn't kill his enemies while Bond is a cold blooded efficient killer. As long as Bond is still alive he has a chance as we have seen time and time again.

Im going to wait until ive heard all the arguments first before i vote but im leaning ever so slightly towards a victory for bond. Batman nearly had the win but a watch laser to the eye was too much for our caped crusader.

12. nightmare

nightmare ...7, 8, Better stay up late...

Batman could very easily hide and wait for Bond, snatch him up and call it a day. Comfortable in the dark and very dangerous when his opponent doesnt see him coming. Bond may be sneaky, but is he skilled enough to evade the Dark Knight coming down from the shadows? Silent death from above. Wayne leaves Bond hanging and walks away, but Bond uses a gadget to cut the line and escape. So what now?

A slober-knocker of a brawl.

As great at hand -to- hand that Bond may be, when has he beaten someone as powerful\strong\dangerous as Batman has tangled with? Batman faces super villains and comes out on top. Real super villains- not just a crazy rich guy or some eastern European crime lords. I just think Batman will have too much for Bond to handle. Their gadgets are likely even, but the Batsuit and Wayne's better fighting skills give him the win here.

After a very tough fight- Batman knocks out Bond.

13. Rainbow Yaz

Rainbow Yaz Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
    E-Fed Mod

I'm not sure who to vote for yet. On one hand you have the guy to beat out the guy I was backing hard. On the other you have the guy who beat the protagonist of the game series I love so much I have a 1up Mushroom tattoo.

Both have gadgets, both have sweet rides, and both are skilled in the art of stealth, even if Bond doesn't always use it. Both have survived impossible odds and both have beaten their totally over the top nemesis.

I am literally on the fence. The whole Batman always loses the first fight argument went out the window last round and despite popular belief Batman will use guns.

[​IMG]

14. GrandSword

You didn't understand what I was getting at then. the James Bond character in the latest two Bond films is not really Bond, if you look at the other 20 films and the actual books. Bond is not Jason Bourne who smashes through walls chasing after an opponent. In the recent films he is seen more as a blunt instrament than a cool, slick, secret agent who is not very fit (he was sent to a spa in Thunderball because he drinks and smokes too much and is very unfit for a "Double 0")

BUT if it were Batman fighting this latest version of the character that is very unlike the other Bonds, Batman would still come out on top. Just like in the Dark Knight Returns .. in a a fight he is a surgeon, he wold systamatically take Bond apart. Batman is intellectually and pyhsically superior to just about any normal human man, he has taken it to Darksied and he was chosen by Ras Al Ghul to be the one to marry his daughter as he was thought the only man bad ass enough to get the honour.

If you thought I was referring to Daniel Craig the actor then that was not my intention.

15. Jack-Hammer

Jack-Hammer YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm going with Batman on this. I just see Batman as someone that's ultimately far out of Bond's league.

Batman's an incomparable athlete and detective with a genius level intellect that's created some of the coolest crime fighting gadgets and gizmos ever seen. Bond is a hard drinking, chain smoking womanizer that behaves more like the playboy that Bruce Wayne actually is than as a badass spy.

I'm not saying that Bond isn't resourceful or that he isn't intelligent. But Batman is someone that's made it his life's mission to perfect himself physically and mentally. His entire existence is devoted to fighting crime whether it be a mugger on the streets or an alien invasion from Apokalips. Bond does frequently have some cool gadgets but Batman is someone that makes his own gadgets whereas Bond always has them given to him during his missions that're created by scientific and engineering geniuses.

From what I've seen, Batman is a far superior fighter than Bond is and he's someone that's in far better physical condition. I've read a number of the original James Bond novels and while the character has undergone some changes in recent years, such as no longer smoking, he drinks like a fish and smoked somewhere around three packs of cigarettes a day. In a hand to hand fight, I just don't see it going Bond's way.

Even if Bond does use his gun, so what? Guns aren't exactly something new for Batman as he's frequently taken on heavily armed men with nothing more than his bare hands. Besides that, aren't Batman's costumes, at least in this day and age, provide some protection against bullets?

If this was a contest about who the better party animal is, then Bond would take it and would probably win the whole tournament. Nobody has had as many martinis, crashed as many parties and bedded more women than 007. It's too bad for Bond that this is a fight and that he's up against someone that's in much better condition, is a much better fighter, is just as resourceful if not more so than he is and has faced down some of the baddest baddies in comic book history.

As I said, James Bond is out of his league here.

GrandSword likes this.
  16. Jomo_mark

I didn't say Batman could dodge bullets, I merely pointed out that he has faced enemies who are good at using guns before and emerged victorious. This could be done in other ways apart from dodging bullets, such as disarming the opponent or hiding in the shadows which Batman is good at. Also, Bond may be able to dodge the batarang, but what about an explosive batarang? Bond may dodge it, but it would explode and either hurt him or leave him dazed. Assuming they are equal in long range combat, I guess it all really boils down to close range combat in the end.

However, it would be hard to cheat against Batman. Spitting in the eyes would not work, the eyeholes in his mask are not empty. Kicking him in the groin or biting would not work either, as most of his body is tough armor. Even if he does cheat, I believe the difference in skill between Batman and Bond would make up for it.
    Killer Croc is by no means an expert Martial Artist, but he is very strong and fast. He also have very tough skin that protects him even from guns, if fired from a distance. For Batman to beat him in a fight is no easy task, not because he is skilled but because of his strength and speed. Beating Killer Croc is something I doubt Bond could do.
    As for Bane, yes I do believe Batman could beat him in a fight. In the Knightfall storyline, Bane decided to weaken Batman first with other criminals as even he was afraid of charging straight into The Dark Knight. From (here), we can see that Batman has beaten Bane in single combat before. Bane is an extremely strong guy, he also has genius level intellect. I doubt Bond could beat Bane in a fight.
    As such, I feel Batman is way better than Bond in close range battle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.