• Shao Khan

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JGlass

Unregistered User
Round One

m-bison-vs-shao-kahn.png

Two of the greatest beat 'em up baddies trade punches here as the Ruler of Outworld takes on one of earth's greatest threats. Which one of these men will walk out as the ruler of the video game villainy?

FIGHT!

This all depends on how much of a cocky bastard Shao Kahn decides to be. IMO Kahn is more powerful than Bison when at his best, however when versing him in MK he taunts.alot. This taunting is the best opportunity to attack him, often being one of the only ways to actually beat him. Bison whilst very difficult can still be beaten with regular tactics, however is very close to Kahn in power. Since its very close I think Kahn wouldn't taunt as often, maintaining control and winning. FATALITY

I'm shocked that this isn't a bigger fight, post-wise. It's neck-and-neck in the votes. Reminds me a bit of Sephiroth vs. Bowser from last year.

To be honest, I could see either man coming out on top. Both are big bad bosses with big bad fisticuffs and big bad magic. I really want to see arguments from both camps. I know we have lots of fans of both guys on this forum.

On one hand, you have Shao Kahn, one of the coolest, cockiest, and most powerful bosses in any game. He's the announcer for the Mortal Kombat tournament, the ruler of Outworld, and wields a giant hammer. On the other hand you have the corrupt commander of Shadaloo, M. Bison, who has powerful magic blasts and dark energy.

I have to agree with the above poster that Shao Kahn's taunting would really play a huge role in this match. That could give Bison the edge he needs to attack Kahn, but Kahn is no fool and would probably not make many rookie mistakes. You don't get to Final Boss status by being too dumb.

So come on, let's hear some reasons from both sides!

Based on what I know about both fighters their strength and speed should be equalized. It's hard to really say considering that Bison and Khan have defeated the best that their verses have to offer, and both were defeated by "gods" in Akuma and Raiden.

The main advantage that Shao Khan would have would be his mystical and telekinetic powers that work similar to Darth Vader's. He can create force fields, move objects psychically, and even do a force choke of his own. He should be able to break Bison's psycho driver.

Not to mention that Khan should have the advantage in experience considering he's been alive for over a millennium.

I give the edge to Kahn based on two factors.

One he has a distinct size advantage. Bison is 6ft tall at best and less than 200lbs soaking wet. Kahn is about 7ft(he is taller than all the non boss characters, but shorter than Goro who is 8'2) and at least 350lbs. You can overcome a size advantage with superior skill but these two guys are pretty evenly matched and the size makes a big difference.

Also Kahn is a lot more straight forward and isn't afraid to get his hands dirty. M. Bison is content to let his criminal organizations take care of his dirty work. Kahn will send in an army of tarkatans first because he is a master tactician but if he needs to he will jump right into the shit, swinging that hammer like it was his job.

Plus Bison was content to just take over the world, Kahn wanted to take over all the realms and claim his place as a god.

Yaz's arguments put me over for Shao, though I was leaning his way anyhow. Kahn's war hammer and size advantage really put a number on Bison, who prefers to have other people do his dirty work. That and his distinct lack of size cost him this one.
Vote: Shao Kahn.

Really, I find it laughable that one feels Kahn is more hands on as he spends thousands of years letting Shang Tsung do his dirty work. LULZ.

I think Bison's got the edge here, actually. His power levels can and have been pretty ridiculous, depending on what body he is in. Psycho Power is one of the most potent and powerful energies of his universe and is not to be discounted. Ultimately, I give Bison the technological advantage. Shao Kahn relies primarily on brute strength and magic to a degree while Bison has utilized genetics, robotics, and mysticism in his rise to being the big bad.

Bison wins. Perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back