Round 1; 61 Ico v 68 Super Mario Galaxy

?

• Ico

• Super Mario Galaxy

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
images

v

images

Dammit, here we have a game that is my favourite game on the wii, against a game that is once again very beautiful and ground breaking.

Ico is just fantastic in every way, but then again so is Super Mario Galaxy. Such a hard choice, but one of these games I couldn't switch off, the other I could. So I will go with that one.

Have to go with Ico here. One of the best examples of a game that transcends it's button-smashing brethren and catapults itself as a true work of art. Everything about the game is simply astounding, from the graphics to the gameplay to the characters and story. Not a bad thing can be said about Ico, and I wish more people would have played it when it came out.

Super Mario Galaxy is on the Wii, and thus, I pretty much cannot vote for it. No offense to Mario, or this game in particular which I'm sure is probably fun, but I have to go with Ico. It's a work of art.

Ico.

Super Mario Galaxy was fun to play, but it's on the Wii. Fuck you, Wii. There's a reason why the games on the Wii look worse than some games on Gamecube. Wii sucks.

So Ico really wins by default. But, if you want a real reason, go play it. Everything about it will drag you in and keep you there. Super Mario Galaxy looked cool, and had a weird new camera thing, but that's about it. Once you get past those, Ico outstrips it by miles.

Wii sucks because it has a bad game catalogue, but Mario is far from the cause of that, if anything it worsens the Wii's main fault. I haven't completed it though, and can't see myself bothering to play it again, it's like Mario 64 with better graphics and that's it - I've never played/even seen Ico so I won't vote, but Mario Galaxy is a difficult game for me to say whether I like or not.

Ok I am refusing to listen to anyone say as an argument 'it's on teh wii wii sux' big fucking deal, it was game of the year 2008 from a number of sources, beting the likes of GTA IV and MGS IV. Just because it's on the wii doesn't make it suck.

Yeah, that's a bullshit argument, especially when you put it down to graphics - if all you care about is looking at stuff that looks realistic, stop playing games and go watch a movie/look out of your window or something.

Well I dont know if my vote should count or not because I have only played on of the games but you know, whatever.

I have played Ico, and I wasn´t really all the impressed with it. I mean it was good but it didnt do that much for me you know, kind of like Super Smash Brawl. But I haven´t played SMG yet but I jus purchased it 2 days ago and I am going to be voting for it simply because it was IGNs game of the year in 2008. I think that says enough.

Ico is awesome, unique, involving and more than any other game, a real work of art. Mario is just... Mario, good game but nothing more.

Except quite possibly the best platformer in existence. I know I said that about Ratchet and Clank, but they're both contenders.

I get the feeling that people voting against SMG haven't played it. In fact, I know for a fact that they haven't.

"Ugh, the Wii is for kids. I hate casual gamers."

Thank you Sam! Take what you have in Super Mario 64, make it look better, make it flow better, sort the camera angles. Give it Edge and IGNs game of the year... as well as the BAFTA video games award game of the year (beating GTA IV suckahs!), it is absolutely brilliant. it brings back the fire flower, gives us an ice flower, bee suit, spring suit and mother fucking luigi!

The wii is a lot more than a casual gamers console, there are some gems, remember when the PS1 & PS2 were for casual gamers? Yup, I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back