Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super_Mario_Galaxy_2_Box_Art.jpg

Doom has been a staple of the gaming word for, like, ever... It goes up against Super Mario Galaxy 2 in this round. Can it pull off the upset or will another Mario game go marching on?

custom_1257096228267_Box-Doom-1.jpg

Doom was great for its time. It has stood the test of time quite well and is still fun. However.... it is up against a monster in Super Mario Galaxy 2. A game that deserves the 10 out of 10 ratings it has been receiving. As if Nintendo could not outdo themselves after Super Mario Galaxy 1 THEY DID. It's one of the best games I've ever played and definitely the best of the Wii era. Doom stands no chance here unfortunately because as good as it was, Mario Galaxy 2 is better in every way.

Doom's going to run away with it here, but SMG2 doesn't deserve to be destroyed. That game is absolute perfection from a mix of very easy to very hard quests in a typical Mario fun way. It improved everything that SMG did and then some.

DOOM is one of the most influential games of all time.

DOOM will go through, but I'm voting SMG2.

I'm voting for Super Mario Galaxy 2, but I have to acknowledge how big Doom is. Alot of people credit Goldeneye as the mother of all first person-shooters, but Doom did it all before Goldeneye did and really introuduced alot of the things that Goldeneye became famous for perfecting.

Despite that, I can't in good conscious vote against Super Mario Galaxy 2. I think alot of people over-look SMG2 because it was a sequel and was released in a relatively short amount of time after the first (well, short in regards to Mario games). If it had been the first in the pairing it would have been seen as one of the greatest games of all time, but I think it seems to lose points for people because it was the "second go" so to speak.

Despite that, this is way too great a game to over-look and deserves recognition for how amazing an experience it is. It would be a shame to see it go this early in the tournament.

SMG2, easily. I've played both of these games to death, and while Doom did so much for the shooter genre that it's hard to get your mind around it, Galaxy 2 is simply a better game. Hell, it might be the best Mario game ever. The game is like crack the first time you play it, but in a good way. It's just so damn fun! Sorry Doom, but you lose here. Galaxy 2 is too awesome for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back