Round 2; 4 Super Mario Kart v 68 Super Mario Galaxy

?

• Super Mario Kart

• Super Mario Galaxy

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
Supermariokart_box.JPG

v

SuperMarioGalaxy.jpg

I have to be quite honest here. I fucking hate Mario.

Well, at least in the way they are using him now. I cannot tell you how disappointed I am that they have taken this character and turned him into a steamy pile of dog shit that you see before you. Mario was a series of games that I loved no end. I remeber playing Mario on the SNES and loved every minute of it. On the other hand, when I picked up Super Mario Fucking Galaxy I was so angry and downtrodden it was unreal. The problem is that they had a winning formula. People loved Mario and now he is a fucking laughingstock in my opinion. It is the exact same story as Sonic. Sonic was awesome in 2D, now it's another steamy pile of shit, right next to Mario.

The dude was a fucking plumber not a fucking astronaught. Give him a little more respect Nintendo and stop pissing me off.

Vote: Mario Kart. Simply because I had slightly more fun playing it.

Great post Dave. Some of the newest Mario and Sonic games aren't good at all, but you can't expect perfection everytime out.

Personally, I didn't have a huge problem with SMG. It wasn't a great game, but it was decent.

However, it's nothing compared to SMK. Super Mario Kart is one of the greatest games of all time. It doesn't need a complicated storyline or amazing graphics, it's just a fun game and that's what video games should be. Really no question here, vote Mario Kart.

Super Mario Kart all the way in this one. Super Mario Galaxy was a meh game that should have gone onto the Gamecube rather than the Wii. Because that's exactly what it was designed for, the Gamecube. The Wii just brought the shitty motion control bullshit to the game and it suffered immensely.

Meanwhile you have Super Mario Kart, one of the best SNES games I had ever played. The gameplay was fun and addicting, but yet very frustrating at times when you played the longer more difficult courses. It has spawned a lengthy collection of great Mario Kart games on consoles as well as handhelds.

Vote: SMK

Reactions: Lee
How the hell did you think SMG was a steamy pile of shit? Did you even play it?

It is an incredible game seriously amazing, better than a lot, it has amazing graphics, the controls are spot on, the game play is fantastic and the music just epic. It mixes the simplicity of 2D Mario games with the awesomness of the 3D games. Plus Luigi is in it. it also has the best thing ever in a disk based game....no fucking load times.

Ok, firstly, hypocritcal statement about hating Mario but liking his spin-off? Mario Kart is one that plays on that milking role out of Mario, that's where he was abused, but Super Mario Galaxy was epic!

Right, firstly, Vince, I'm sorry to call you out on this, but saying that the motion control of Wii messed up the gameplay of Galaxy, I'm sorry to say this but I strongly believe you're wrong. Where most Wii games can't even grab the concept of using the control, Mario Galaxy got it right! It worked smoothly and it was pratically flawless with their control work. Galaxy took Wii's weak spot and made it a strength of the game, providing hope in the Wii's controllers and playing style.

Secondly, graphics, fuck me they were beautiful, and I can't name a Wii game that is near to matching the beauty of Galaxy, you weren't just playing a game, you were playing in a piece of art, you always felt good looking at the colours and magic of Galaxy.

Also, it's not just a simple game of collecting 121 stars, you got to play it in two perspectives, Mario & Luigi and both were fun to do because of the different perspectives.

It's challenging, beautiful, visually and musically stunning. Mario Galaxy is current the Wii's Blockbuster game of all time, of which no other game has nearly matches really.

Mario Kart maybe a great game, but I think the better titles came later, much like any game, it got better as you went on.

Don't be a fool, back Super Mario Galaxyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, I mean come on, even when you start the game you always feel good when Mario opens it with his enthusiam!

Right, firstly, Vince, I'm sorry to call you out on this, but saying that the motion control of Wii messed up the gameplay of Galaxy, I'm sorry to say this but I strongly believe you're wrong. Where most Wii games can't even grab the concept of using the control, Mario Galaxy got it right! It worked smoothly and it was pratically flawless with their control work. Galaxy took Wii's weak spot and made it a strength of the game, providing hope in the Wii's controllers and playing style.

I understand I ain't hatin on ya for calling me out on the Wii motion control, but so far I just have not been a fan of any motion control games for the Wii. The exception of course being the Wii Sports package, but even that got old for me for awhile. I guess I'm just from the old school where I have a controller that I press buttons on, not swinging my arm around like an idiot trying to get the pixels on the screen to follow my motion. Maybe with the new Wii motion control they're coming out with will make things better, but some games on the Wii just did not need motion control. That's my biggest gripe about the Wii in general, why does damn near 99% of the games need motion control? The Metroid Prime game I played on the Wii pissed me off to no end because the motion control sucked, if it was just a straight up game with no Wii motion needed, it would have been great, I would have loved it.

In short, Galaxy was a solid game, but the Wii motion just ruined it for me, and I'm sorry if y'all loved the hell out of the Wii motion controls, I didn't and it frustrated me to no end. I don't want to sit there and be forced to use Wii motion when I would have been perfectly content using my analog stick and buttons to accomplish playing a game.

How the hell did you think SMG was a steamy pile of shit? Did you even play it?

It is an incredible game seriously amazing, better than a lot, it has amazing graphics, the controls are spot on, the game play is fantastic and the music just epic. It mixes the simplicity of 2D Mario games with the awesomness of the 3D games. Plus Luigi is in it. it also has the best thing ever in a disk based game....no fucking load times.

Yes, I played it for approximately 3.5 hours and after that I honestly could not stand to even think about playing it again. I don't know, maybe I never gave it enough time to please me but in all honesty, I don't want to. It was the first game I got for my Wii and to be quite honest, I hate it. It sits in solitary in my desk drawer and I cannot remember the last time I played it. For me, it was just a hell-a-boring game. Just my opinion though.

No arguing about the graphics. They are probably the best graphics I have seen on the Wii but is that really saying much!? Sure, it's the best graphics on the Wii but they lack majorly behind some of the games on the new generation of consoles. I realise that this has nothing to do with the match up but it's still relevant. They were good for the Wii but outmatched by games like Gears of War, Halo, Killzone etc. It's like picking up a prostitute on "Wii street" because she looks pretty, when there is so much more beautiful prostitutes on the "360 Avenue" and "Playstation Place". Also, to be quite honest, when I vote, music means Jack-Shit. Unless I actually find it relevant of course.

Didn't Mario Kart also have Luigi in it? I think it did actually.

Had to go with SMK. I've never played SMG, but I've heard really great things about it. I tend to avoid anything involved with the Wii at all costs, so I've never have the chance to play it. I'll take your word Lee that it's a great game. It certainly looks beautiful.

But SMK is one of those games that everyone grew up with. Maybe we're letting nostalgia blind our decision making, yeah, but oh well. It gets my vote here.

What is wrong with some people? SMG is one of the best games released this century. It's the best game this generation too.
The level design is pure genius and if people dislike it cause of 'that extra dimension' then that's ridiculous. Yes the 2D Mario games were superb. But SMG is quite possibly better. Definately better that Super Mario Bros 2, anyway. God, I hate these bitter old game fans...

Now that I've got that off my chest, I'm kinda torn. I didn't think Mario would be facing off against himself so early. Mario Kart, a beloved game from my childhood that brought me closer to my family because of it's multi player. Mario Galaxy, the single best designed game that I've played in years.... Mario Kart is timeless and a legendary game, some consider it the best ever. But people are also saying that Galaxy might be the best ever.
I really have no idea what I'm going to vote for.

I love Galaxy. the graphics were awesome, and the gameplay was different and so much fun, the soundtrack was epic, and the controls were perfect. Everything about that game was awesome. SMK was fun, and a very different type of racing game with an awesome multiplayer mode, but I had a lot more fun with Galaxy. That gets my vote here.

Holy shit...this really needs no explanation. People above have stated what I could already said about the awesomeness of Galaxy. Put the pipe down and fix yourself.

Vote Super Mario Galaxy...even though Sonic is better.

While I liked the bits and pieces I played of SMG, I have to say i played and enjoyed SMK more. It was one of those games I grew up playing and I loved it. We still have it somewhere in the house and it brings such awesome memories that it has to go over.

Also, I love mario. Vote SMK

I went with Super Mario Galaxy, it's not as good as Mario 64, but it's definitely an improvement from Sunshine. Super Mario Kart isn't nearly as good as its 64 successor, it lacks any kind of real storyline, the races are not that challenging (I beat the entire thing in less than a day) and it lacks the multiplayer mode that mode that made the 64 version so great. Super Mario Kart may survive this round, but I doubt it'll go much further.

Vote goes to Mario Galaxy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back