ROH LD for 06.17.15

Are you very familiar with this Moose fella? Did he use the rolling spear first or did Lashley do it first?

...this is the biggest match in ROH history? Ouch. Weak history if that's the case.

As Nigel said, when you take the numbers into the matter, on paper it is. Jay Briscoe hasn't lost a match in 2 years and 11 months, Jay Lethal is the longest reigning ROH World TV Champion in history and has the most successful title defenses. Both have defended their titles more than 18 times, Lethal has defended his 26 times now. While Jay Briscoe vs. Jay Lethal as in the names isn't the biggest match, in hyperbole, with the figures accompanying them and with both titles on the line, it's kind of the biggest match in ROH history to date.

...you like Crimson...

Correct.

Who doesn't look like a cheshire cat even when he's trying to show anger.

As Nigel said, when you take the numbers into the matter, on paper it is. Jay Briscoe hasn't lost a match in 2 years and 11 months, Jay Lethal is the longest reigning ROH World TV Champion in history and has the most successful title defenses. Both have defended their titles more than 18 times, Lethal has defended his 26 times now. While Jay Briscoe vs. Jay Lethal as in the names isn't the biggest match, in hyperbole, with the figures accompanying them and with both titles on the line, it's kind of the biggest match in ROH history to date.

Neither one of them really do it for me. Briscoe used to, before he opened his bigoted mouth. Now any time I see him talk, in my head, I just think "everything you are saying is a struggle not to use the word '******'".

Fuck that guy. Fuck his beliefs. Fuck everything he stands for, including the title, so long as it's on his shoulder or around his waist.

And Lethal... well, people like to rip Eric Young as this guy that never should have been shit because he spent his career/life as comedic relief. Well, need I remind you of this?

hqdefault.jpg

It's hard for me to take him seriously. Maybe it's because I haven't been watching ROH for however long he's been here, so he's still kind of TNA Jay Lethal to me, but I also just don't really "get" how a history filled with names like Danielson, Joe, Styles, Punk, McGuinness and others can tout Jay Biblethumper and Black Machismo as the greatest match in their history.

Saying Jay doesn't get the credit he should get for his title defense is like saying Kurt Angle's accomplishments are nothing because of all the issues hes got himself into over the years, and his problems and lies and "hacks" have been a bit more controversial than Jay's and caused Kurt to receive a lot more criticism, so for me at least, that's not valid.

As for Jay Lethal, he's not 23-year-old Jay Lethal looking for a paycheck anymore. He's the Jay Lethal who left TNA for ROH, was probably the most consistent in-ring performer for 2012 - 2013 and in 2014 not only continuted that consistency but had the most shockingly great heel turn and run I can remember in short memory.

It's not probably the way you see, I think it's you being stuck in the past and not being able to see what the match means in 2015, not 2012 or 2008.

For what it's worth, this episode again got an increase in viewers, the initial airing drawing 272,000 which is up 30% from last weeks first airing, but the replay only drew 100,000 which is down from last weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back