Road to Wrestlemania 28 - KEEP ALL WM28 GENERAL DISCUSSION IN HERE!!

I can see them doing at least 4 main events. Cena VS The Rock will probably close the show and I don't think it will be a title match. If it's not, then throw in the WWE Championship match for another main event. Then you have the World Heavyweight Championship's match for the third. Undertaker's streak has become a main event each year in of itself lately, so I include that as a fourth main event. I can see a fifth main event being possible as well. They want this to be the biggest Wrestlemania of all time, so having several main event quality matches is the right route to take.

1. Cena VS The Rock
2. WWE Championship match
3. World Heavyweight Championship match
4. Undertaker VS streak victim #20
5. To be determined....

We will have no less than two, that's guaranteed. If for some reason Cena VS The Rock ends up being for a world title, that's one. Taker has had titles up for grabs in his streak matches before, so that's two. I highly doubt they will go that route though. Cena VS The Rock is the biggest match in YEARS and one that will not be topped in importance for an extremely long time. It does not need a title for that reason. Taker's streak matches do not need a title either, when Taker faced Batista for the World Heavyweight Championship it felt like a wasted opportunity for a good world title match to be on the card alongside what was already a good match. It depends on the world title picture going into the show. All we know is that everyone's favorite Celtic Warrior, Sheamus, will be in a world title match. Anything could happen between now and Wrestlemania but I think we might be seeing a show with as many as 5 main event level matches because it would only add to the epic feel they are already going for with this show.

Here is how I think the WrestleMania 28 card will shape up.

The Rock vs. John Cena

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP
CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus

The Undertaker vs. Triple H

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP
Cody Rhodes vs. Goldust

Randy Orton vs. Wade Barrett

MONEY IN THE BANK LADDER MATCH

R-Truth vs. The Miz

NO HOLDS BARRED
Mick Foley vs. Dolph Ziggler

Big Show vs. Shaq

DIVAS CHAMPIONSHIP
Beth Phoenix vs. Kharma

Kane vs. Zack Ryder

Some of those matches probably won't happen due to the fact that I can see quite a few of those superstars in the MITB match.

John Cena will go over The Rock, its how business works. It makes no sense for The Rock to beat Cena

The problem is that it's in Miami.

I'd give the nod to the Rock....but the WWE has pissed off the fans before (Anaheim WM 2000) so anything is possible. It's just hard for me to see the Rock lose in his hometown in front of thousands of fans that paid good money to see him kick John Cena's ass.

Here is how I think the WrestleMania 28 card will shape up.

The Rock vs. John Cena

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP
CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus

The Undertaker vs. Triple H

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP
Cody Rhodes vs. Goldust

Randy Orton vs. Wade Barrett

MONEY IN THE BANK LADDER MATCH

R-Truth vs. The Miz

NO HOLDS BARRED
Mick Foley vs. Dolph Ziggler

Big Show vs. Shaq

DIVAS CHAMPIONSHIP
Beth Phoenix vs. Kharma

Kane vs. Zack Ryder

Some of those matches probably won't happen due to the fact that I can see quite a few of those superstars in the MITB match.

With the way things are going this is how I would build up Wrestlemania...exactly like this.

The only thing I could see different that would be good is Sheamus vs Miz for the WHC. Something I wouldn't mind seeing if the Miz somehow manages to win the WHC before Mania.

The problem is that it's in Miami.

I'd give the nod to the Rock....but the WWE has pissed off the fans before (Anaheim WM 2000) so anything is possible. It's just hard for me to see the Rock lose in his hometown in front of thousands of fans that paid good money to see him kick John Cena's ass.

That's not the point. The Rock has absolutely nothing to prove. He's a legend and is no longer active in the wrestling business. Cena on the other hand is the face of the WWE and going over The Rock is a must in order to prove that he is the top guy. The Rock went over Hogan in 2002 and now Cena needs to go over The Rock in similar form this year. It doesn't matter if Cena haters paid good money to see him lose. In fact, that's just another layer of hate that Cena will rise above like his "Rise Above Hate" shirt states.

If they go through with the rumored heel turn then this is the perfect place to do it. Against The Rock who is one of the most famous names in wrestling history, in his hometown, in front of countless Rock fans. Cena winning AND turning heel would just make it all the bigger. This would be the biggest turn since Hogan and WWE are going about it the right way if they choose to pull the trigger and go through with the turn. They won't have The Rock win because he doesn't NEED the win. Cena does. It will (kayfabe) prove that he was the better man all along and he never gives up until he accomplishes what he sets out to do, right now that would be defeating The Rock.

Here's my perfect card based on what stars we have and what circumstances have happened already.

Falls Count Anywhere: Kane vs. Zack Ryder (w/Eve)
Opening match, I'd like to see it play out kinda like Goldust/Roddy Piper from WM 12. Maybe only a couple minutes in the ring, Kane kidnaps Eve, Ryder goes after her. Various things happen for the next couple hours. They show video clips in between other matches. Ultimately it ends somewhere in the arena, maybe back in the ring.

United States Championship: Jack Swagger (c) vs. Brodus Clay
Not as much of a squash, but Brodus wins pretty quick.

MITB Ladder Match: Alberto Del Rio, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, The Miz, R-Truth, Big Show, Christian, Mark Henry, Ezekiel Jackson, Jinder Mahal There are some different guys i'd rather see in this, but based on certain pushes I put more realistic guys in. Dolp Most likely wins

Intercontinental Championship vs. Career: Cody Rhodes (c) vs. Goldust Hope they do this, Rhodes wins obviously.

World Heavyweight Championship: Daniel Bryan (c) vs Sheamus vs. Randy Orton vs. Wade Barrett Sheamus wins, keep his momentum from the RR going.

Undertaker vs. Triple H (HBK Special Referee) Taker wins. 20-0.

WWE Championship: CM Punk (c) vs. Chris Jericho Back and forth match, Punk retains.

WWE Divas Championship: Beth Phoenix vs. Kharma Kharma wins.

Main Event: John Cena vs. The Rock I see The Rock winning. Setting up a rematch at Summerslam where Cena wins, then match 3 at Survivor Series

Wow I guess im one of the few "IWC" people that wants to see Shaq and Big Show.

The most dominant physical force in NBA history, vs the biggest, strongest athlete in the world.

After the Mayweather match, i'm confident, Big Show and Shaq can put on a good show.

I am far more disappointed we have to have HHH/Undertaker AGAIN! Come on WWE!!! Give us something new and refreshing! Even Orton would be a much more desirable opponent

If they go through with the rumored heel turn then this is the perfect place to do it.

True. They're pointing Cena toward the dark side with his recent behavior and involvement with Kane. It would be just like WWE's Creative team to have Cena oppose Kane by joining him; I can just see it. The final straw might be the match against Rock; I can see that, too.

That the match is taking place in Rock's home town is a definite consideration in guessing who will win, but I think he will job, anyhow. He's a movie actor; he doesn't need this pro wrestling stuff anymore, yet I think it's a tribute to him that he would come back every so often to remind us that he remembers his roots. Yes, piles of money undoubtedly help, too, but he can make money with his films. He's doing this because he wants to.....and because he's helping out the industry that put him in position to be a movie star.

My feeling is that Rock isn't like Hogan in terms of jobbing. Hogan, plainly, wanted to come back to WWE whenever he felt like it....and expected to win, at least according to things we've read over the years. Whether that's true or not is anyone's guess, but given Hogan's uber-ego, I can believe it. But I'm betting Rock won't be like that; I think he'll cooperate and put Cena over in a big way, while still managing to remain his defiant, heroic self.

One important thing: I hope to hell they plan on having a definitive ending to the match. Either man might win by taking a shortcut, but none of this DQ, count-out or "no contest" garbage. I want a pinfall or submission ending to this one; it's too important a contest to minimize the ending.....plus, it's a match we may never see again.

Personally, I think Rock is the good guy in this match (with him, it's sometimes hard to tell, isn't it?) and he jobs cleanly to Cena, who cements his new heel persona in place with some dirty play (perhaps with Kane looking on). Yes, Cena's face change is coming and will continue to show hints up 'til the event, but Rock vs Cena will be the hammer that nails it in place. Cena as a bad guy is going to be huge, and I can't think of anyone better to seal the deal than the Rock.

Tastycles' inevitably wrong predictions

1. John Cena vs The Rock

Not much to say about this really, it will probably finish the show, and it will be really, really good in all likelihood.

2. Triple H vs The Undertaker (Hell in a Cell)

There's two ways to make this interesting - 1) Make it a retirement match or 2) Make it a gimmick match. A retirement match is most people's first port of call, but it wouldn't make sense. The Undertaker is the one that has asked for this match, so why would he want it to be a retirement match? ("I beat you last year, now I want to put my career on the line" doesn't follow). I realise I'm reducing a man who pretends to be dead to logic, but I think the WWE tends to make sense with its angles.

That leaves option 2. Singles gimmick matches are infrequent at WrestleMania, but not unheard of. Here there is one gimmick match that is the obvious choice - Hell in a Cell. Nobody has been in more Cell matches than The Undertaker. Nobody has won more than Triple H. It is an obvious fit for the two of them to face off in one to see who is the King of the Hell in a Cell match.

3. Chris Jericho v CM Punk (WWE Championship)

The absence of Del Rio, Cena, Kane and Tyler Reks from the Raw elimination chamber means that it is highly likely that Punk will come out victorious from the match and go into WrestleMania as champion. Kofi, Ziggler and R-Truth certainly aren't in a position to do that and with Miz occupied with Truth the only options are these two. I imagine Punk will retain and Jericho will get jealous and the two will feud going into Mania. The seeds of this have been planted, and we shall see them grow over the next few months.

4. Sheamus v Wade Barrett v Randy Orton (World Heavyweight Championship)

Sheamus and Barrett have had a one-upmanship thing going on for a while now, and there's the obvious story with Orton and Barrett that has yet to reach a head. Disgraced WWE moderator Lord Sidious was wrong in most of his wrestling convictions, but he was right when he said "Vince loves triple threats". I expect to see one for this title as there is just about enough tenuous links to get them all involved in the title picture. Sheamus has his rumble win, and I think Barrett will probably win in the Chamber, probably by wronging Orton in some fashion, allowing a match that will probably exceed the quality of its rather tenuous build.

5. The Miz v R-Truth

Fairly obvious one this. I expect if Triple H v Taker isn't a gimmick match, this will be, with some sort of crap name for what used to be called a Hardcore match. "Littly Jimmy play pen" or some such.

6. Christian v Daniel Bryan v Jack Swagger v Dolph Ziggler v Kofi Kingston v Cody Rhodes v Ezeikel Jackson v Mark Henry v Justin Gabriel v Drew McIntyre(Money in the Bank ladder match)

Cluster. Fuck.

7. Beth Phoenix v Kharma (Lumberjill match for Diva's Championship)

The insistence of the WWE to include every single woman in a Divas match at WrestleMania will be to the detriment of this match. Kharma came back at the Royal Rumble as a face, and I expect she will go on as one for a while. Meanwhile, Beth is continuing in her total annihilation of the division, so it seems a good place to stop. I envisage that this may happen at Elimination Chamber instead, but this is as close to a money match as you'll ever get with the Divas.

8. Big Show, Mason Ryan and Shaquille O'Neal v Kevin Nash, David Otunga and John Laurinaitis

If the rumours of Shaq's participation are true, then he is going to be a face, and the WWE not being ******ed, it won't be a singles match. Mayweather is actually a boxer, so was used to working around a ring. Shaq is a unit, but he isn't going to learn how to wrestle in two months. So why the seemingly random names?

Well, Laurinaitis isn't a wrestler right now, so it addresses that balance with the non-wrestler Shaq. Mason Ryan is obviously destined for a push, and nobody is more hated than Laurinaitis right now, so why not use him to get the big man over? Big Show and Shaq faced up to each other two years ago, but that could easily be mutual respect angle, and the annual pain in the arse to put Big Show somewhere is solved. Nash might not be involved at all in Mania, but I think he will be, and his inclusion here is down to the fact he very vaguely was doing stuff with Laurinaitis a few months ago.

This almost certainly won't happen, but it is feasible nonetheless.

9. Jinder Mahal v The Great Khali (Loser leaves town)

I don't want to see it. You don't want to see it. I doubt anyone in India wants to see it. But it's going to happen at some stage, and Mahal is going to win. The only question is whether they'll tarnish WrestleMania with this bullshit.

10. Kane v Zack Ryder

Zack Ryder's not really injured, so the only reason they've had him getting maimed by Kane is to build to something. Cena is seldom involved in their segments. This would be a huge win for Ryder, especially if he came back "before being medically clear" or something like that.

I'm not sure this will happen, to be honest, but I can't see much else for Kane to do.

11. Some combination of Alberto Del Rio, Hunico, Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara

Three of these are injured at the moment, but they can all be lazily booked into a match with any of the others should they return from injury before the show. It would be a fun match, whichever two it was, and I think the most likely event is seeing Del Rio take on Mysterio for the ten millionth time.

12. Brodus Clay v William Regal

This will be dragged out ad nauseam until Regal eventually challenges Clay to a match. Which he will probably lose. Again, not one I think is destined for WrestleMania, but the effort put into Clay recently would suggest he's on his way there.

Preshow: Santoshi v Primo and Epico v The Usos v Hawkins/Beretta v Tyson Kidd/Heath Slater v Tyler Reks/Michael McGillicutty v Alex Riley/Someone v Cryme Tyme (Tag Gauntlet match for WWE Tag Team Titles)

Every year the WWE do something to shoehorn everyone onto the card during the preshow. I think, for absolutely no reason whatsoever, that this year that will come in this format.

BEST MANIA CARD W/STILL BEING PROBABLE FOR WRESTLEMANIA 28: Revised: Post-Rumble:

Team Bring It vs. CENAtion - The Rock vs. John Cena: We all know it's happening, best way to do it is no championship, just like Icon vs. Icon at mania 18, a decade later the Rock passes on the tourch(unfortunatley!!!!!!).
WINNER: (Should Be)THE ROCK!

Hell in a Cell w/Special Guest Referee: HBK - Undertaker vs. Triple H: If we are gonna get it a 3rd time this is HANDS DOWN the best way to do it!
WINNER:THE UNDERTAKER!

WWE Championship - Chris Jericho(c) vs. CM Punk: Yes that's right im picking Y2J to walk out of EC with the title! It makes sense! Y2J screws Punk in the chamber and gain tons of heat and have CM Punk fight to win his title back. Everyone always says a champ on the hunt sells more, and then it all gives us the question of if he will win it back from Y2J and when. Also both men deserve another WWE title each!
WINNER: AND NEW WWE CHAMPION: CM PUNK!

World Heavyweight Championship: Championship Scramble - Wade Barrett(c) vs. Randy Orton vs. Sheamus(2012 Rumble Winner) vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Christian: Have a suprising name aka Barret walk out of EC the champ to add more speculation to the match and if Sheamus can win. Then make it the first ever champ scramble at mania and deliver something completely new to mania!
WINNER: AND NEW WORLD HVYWT. CHAMPION: SHEAMUS!

Mick Foley vs. Dolph Ziggler w/Vickie: Could be a good build for Ziggler.
WINNER: DOLPH ZIGGLER!

Grudge Match - Rey Mysterio vs. Del Rio: He says he will be back and it makes sense when Del Rio was his last match and he took rey out.
WINNER: ALBERTO DEL RIO!

Fall Count Anywhere Match - The Miz vs. R-Truth: End there feud here and it could be memerable.
WINNER: R-TRUTH!

I.C. Title Match - Cody Rhodes(c) vs. Goldust: DESERVES TO HAPPEN! I think this could STEAL the show!
WINNER: AND STILL I.C. CHAMPION CODY RHODES!

RAW vs. SMACKDOWN Interpromotional Match - Kane vs. Mark Henry: Biggest monsters in WWE collide!
WINNER: KANE!

NBA vs. WWE - The Big Show vs. Shaq: I'd rather see this than almost any other "celebrity" appereance.
WINNER: THE BIG SHOW!

Money in the Bank Ladder Match - Jack Swagger(U.S. Champ) vs. Zack Ryder vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Mason Ryan vs. Alex Riley vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Hunico vs. Brodus Clay vs. Big Zeke vs. William Regal: They NEED to bring it back to mania!!!
WINNER: WILLIAM REGAL! HAVE HIM CASHIT IN ON SHEAMUS LATER IN THE YEAR TO BECOME THE NEW WORLD HVYWT CHAMPION! HE DESERVES IT AND COULD WORK WELL W/SHEAMUS!

Divas Title Battle Royal:Bring Kharma in her first real match with the divas and watch her rip through the competition!
WINNER KHARMA!

Punjabi Prison Match - Jinder Mahal vs. The Great Khali: a Punjabi Prison could make this almost wrestling I think maybe kinda????

Pre-Mania Tag Team Title Gaunlet Match - Primo & Epico w/Rosa Mendes(c) vs. Santoshi vs. The Usos vs. Tyler Reks & Curt Hawkins vs. Trent Barreta & Tyson Kidd vs. Heath Slater & Justin Gabriel: Reunite old nexus member and turn Gabriel heel while pushing some faces.
WINNER: AND NEW WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: THE USOS!

It seems like there'll definitely be four, but there's a potential for a fifth even depending what they do with guys like Randy Orton. If he's not in the World Heavyweight Title match, they could easily continue his Wade Barrett feud into a Mania match with a stipulation on it. If not, there's plenty of possibilities. Add in guys like Kane, Ziggler, Miz, etc, and there's a potential for some great top card matches. Now if WWE will just handle them all properly...

If ya think about it, the whole card its self is a main event. It is the biggest show of the year, and should be stacked from top to bottom. As of right now off the top of my head, I can see 5 main event matches on the card.

Rock vs Cena
Undertakers streak
WWE Championship
World Championship
Big Show vs Shaq (if it happens)

You also got the rumor of the Money in the Bank match coming back, that could count as a main event match as well. Like I said, Wrestlemania should look like a stacked card from opening bell to the last match on the card. If it lives up to the expectations is totally up to the WWE, but I will love the show none the less.

Jericho vs Punk vs Bryan for the the Undisputed championship- Jericho want to be the Undisputed champion again.

Undertaker vs Sheamus - Sheamus doesn’t want a title shot he wants a shot at the streak.

Randy Orton vs Wade in a HITC. I think the feud deserves this match or maybe at least a cage.

Tag belts-Primo n Epico vs Uso's vs Santino n Show (the santino-show/Show-In-Tino vs Kane n Ryde (kane was with xpac n RVD maybe Kane see all the stuff he's done to him and he keeps coming back. Again I believe you have to have big names to make the tag titles relevant again. 4 corners elimination match
MITB – Kofi, Christian, Ziggler, Swagger, Henry, and Clay

Other matches I wouldn’t mind seeing;
Dustin Rhodes vs Cody Rhodes – Dusty Rhodes as the Ref
Kharma vs Beth Phoenix- you could even throw in Medusa, and Kharma squashes them both.
Vince McMahon vs John laurinaitis- for getting him fired and Laurinaitis joins the Kiss My Ass Club
US Title-Ziggler vs Swagger winner get title, loser gets Viki some type of storyline

It's very possible that we could get 4 main events. Very possible indeed.

Obviously, The Undertaker vs (More than likely HHH) will obviously be one of them, because it showcases Taker's streak & the WWE wouldn't even think of putting it on early.

Next, we have The Rock vs John Cena. This will definitely be the last match of the night, I think they may have even said that on Smackdown last Friday. Such a big match couldn't go anywhere else on the card.

Third of all, the WWE Title match. CM Punk, should he retain his title, or maybe Chris Jericho, should he win it. To be honest, I think both these men will face each other, no matter which one of them is the WWE Champion. Obviously, being the WWE Championship, it'll be a main event match.

Finally, the WHC Match. I still think this will be the opener to WM though. Last year, the Rumble winner was in the first match of WM and I think the Rumble winner, Sheamus will be in it this year. However, I could be wrong & it could be the first main event (Maybe 1.5 hours through) of the night. Who knows though?

But four Main Events at WM is very possible.

The Rock vs John Cena

WWE Championship-
Chris Jericho vs CM Punk
(build has already started, a match everyone wants to see)

Last Man Standing-
Undertaker vs Triple H
(has to be some sort of gimmick this time)

World Heavyweight Championship-
Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan vs Wade Barrett vs Cody Rhodes
(all 4 up and coming guys who will all be in the main event this year, this is their coming out party/ Barrett is above MITB, Sheamus has a guaranteed match/ Cody isnt likely to feud with Goldust and may likely win the Chamber/ Daniel Bryan cant go anywhere else at this point because he has the title which means he will either walk into Mania with the title or get his rematch)

Kane vs Randy Orton
(personal rivalry that dates back to when Kane left last year/ after feuding with Cena he can have the next best thing)

Big Show & Shaq vs Mark Henry & Christian
(cant see Show turning heel because they like him so much/ Shaq is limited so this gets him in there in some capacity/ Henry has unfinished business with Show as well as Christian who was "injured" by Show before his injury

MITB-
The Miz vs Alberto Del Rio vs Jack Swagger vs The Great Khali vs R-Truth vs Dolph Ziggler vs Rey Mysterio vs Kofi Kingston
(Miz and Truth can continue their feud/ Swagger and Kofi are filler/ Khali is now the Chamber and back in some capacity as I cant see anyone else in this match unless its someone like DiBiase/ Rey and Alberto have unfinished business and ironically they are both injured/ Ziggler is the winner ultimately

Divas-
Beth Phoenix vs Natalya vs Kharma
(Natalya and Beth will split but since both are heel, Kharma comes in)

Just to add to some of your comments guys, The MITB match is considered a mid card match and heading into WM i think Orton vs Barrett is an upper midcard match, Orton to me has fallen from grace compared to when he was on RAW but then again that could just be me.

As has been said before. This show really is an entire main event. With Taker vs. HHH, Cena vs. The Rock, CM Punk vs. Jericho, Sheamus vs. ?, Big Show Vs. Shaq, A MITB match and also a possible match where there has been some serious time put into in Kane vs. Zack Ryder. Thats 7 matches add a possible 2 more matches and that sounds like a stacked card where they are all huge events.

That right there sounds like the biggest WM of all time to me. Others have had some good matches and solid Main Events. This one has it where I would pay to see each match individually. I'm pretty stoked.

obviously theres Rocky vs Cena
Jericho vs Punk
Taker vs HHH, (well 99% chance of it happening i reckon)
Sheamus' world title match, i already said i wouldve loved for sheamus to go against taker, just seems to make sense to me, but assuming taker and HHH have a match, i would like to see a triple threat between Sheamus, Barrett and Randy, im a big fan of triple threat matches at mania, and those 3 are really the only reason to consider watching smackdown. i just dont see bryan heading to mania as the champ, i think randy should win the chamber and then have sheamus come in on their feud.

Definately got a great mix heading into the match.
"The Spectacle" Rock vs Cena
"The Wrestling match" Jericho vs Punk
"The cross entertainment" Shaq vs Show
"The Epic" HHH vs Taker
"The stuntfest" Foley vs Ziggler/MITB
"The new guns" Sheamus vs DB or Orton vs Sheamus vs Barrett vs DB

What I really like is a show with variety. This years' event has that feel. I'm excited for it.

Just to add to some of your comments guys, The MITB match is considered a mid card match and heading into WM i think Orton vs Barrett is an upper midcard match, Orton to me has fallen from grace compared to when he was on RAW but then again that could just be me.
I wish I could "fall from grace" and still be incredibly over. He's undoubtedly a top 3 most over guy on the roster. He could easily be in the WHC match if it's a triple threat or a fatal fourway. In fact, I'd prefer that because you have new eyes watching the show, they know who Orton is. If you run Sheamus vs DB, that might look like the minor leagues because there is no one to gauge them against. But if it's Sheamus vs DB vs Barrett vs Orton, Orton makes everyone seem like a bigger deal.

i hope to see Wade Barrett v Randy Orton in a cage match or a hell ina cell match, would go well with there feud and if they managed to pull it off, it could be more talked about than the top matches

This is my predicted Wrestlemania 28 card in correct order, now again, I can't tell you what the future holds, but these all would make sense and make one hell of a Wrestlemania, one of the best in a long time.

Match #1- Cody Rhodes vs Mick Foley, Why? Rhodes was responsible for the elimination of Mick Foley in the Royal Rumble and we all know that Foley works Mania matches with superstars that are going to explode in the future. Cody Rhodes is headed in that direction very soon and a match against the legendary Foley could put him over the top. It would be one hell of an opening match to kick off this year's Mania and would really set an aggressive tone.

Match #2- Kharma Vs Beth Phoenix For The Diva's Title, Why? Kharma made her return at Royal Rumble and obviously is the only real threat in the wrestling world to take Beth Phoenix off of her high horse. Both women are professionally trained diva's that can actually wrestle, so this won't be another bore fest of a diva's match, it'll actually be a great quality match, while not letting down the adrenaline.

Match #3- Mark Henry Vs Alberto Del Rio Vs Daniel Bryan Vs Dolph Ziggler Vs The Miz Vs R-Truth Vs Christian Vs Kofi Kingston in a Money In The Bank Ladder Match, Why? With the departure of the Money In The Bank PPV, which I do not agree was a smart business decision, none the less, this match will strike huge in the early going of Mania. One star will be made in this match and my vote is going to Kofi Kingston as the WWE seems to want him in the main event status, I'll agree, a great match to push Kofi to the top.

Match #4- Sheamus Vs Randy Orton Vs Wade Barrett For The World Heavyweight Championship, Why? As you can see, Daniel Bryan will no longer have the title in his grasps as I predict Barrett walking away with the title, Sheamus deciding to get in this match, and of course Orton as well with his vendetta for Barrett. The winner is beyond me but it could be Orton or Sheamus as my best guess. Barrett will just be a filler for a month.

Match #5- Big Show Vs Shaq, Why? It's Wrestlemania, the gimmick match has to be there. Time to slow down things a little, let the viewers catch their breath and relax a bit and get a few laughs. The battle of the two big men and they'll fight to show their dominance.

Match #6- Ryder Vs Kane, Why? With Cena tied up in his feud with The Rock, he'll hand the reigns over to Ryder. Ryder has been tossed around in the WWE as a no name, then a mid carder, and now involved in a huge feud. It really does grab the attention of many, believe it or not. Kane and Ryder will work tremendously together and this match could really put Ryder over, win or lose. Embrace the hate.

Match #7- The Undertaker Vs HHH Vs HBK, Why? You have the greatest story line of an epic rematch that made Wrestlemania 27, why not throw in HBK? He is coming back this coming week and I think it is the ultimate wrench to be thrown into things. There is no better way to send Taker off as he retires than an amazing 30 minute battle with HHH and HBK and his final victory ever.

Match #8- Cm Punk Vs Chris Jericho For The WWE Title, Why? I don't really have to explain this one, this feud has quietly been building and it will make one hell of a battle. Two very well rounded wrestlers that are going to put on one hell of a title match. Will the WWE let Jericho win and carry the title, I am not so sure with Jericho's other obligations, I just believe he has been used as a filler to bring those ratings back up a bit, either way, it will be memorable.

Match #9- John Cena Vs The Rock, you know why. This match has been built up since last year and it is finally coming to head. This is going to be a battle, a great match to cap Mania and send everyone home happy. Let's just hope this match isn't too short and it really lasts a lengthy amount of time. I truly don't believe that The Rock is going to have a whole lot of ring rust and I think he will carry both himself and Cena to one hell of a match. I am hoping The Rock wins, but with Cena being as over as he is, they just may let Cena take this, either way, I can't wait.

If this is the correct card, the ratings and buy rate for Wrestlemania 28 could go through the roof and leave nobody bitching about how it could have been better. This is not my dream Wrestlemania, this is just my predicted card, the wrestlers will put it all on the line and I believe we will always remember Wrestlemania 28 that took place in Miami, the event of all events.

I love your card as-is, but could see a few things happening differently.

Could it be Ziggler v. Foley in the opener? They had their encounter on Raw pre-rumble, and it was a pretty good segment. Also, I think Zig deserves better than a slot in the MITB match, but that's just me. Also, this would free up Rhodes to fight Goldust on the card. Although, considering Rhodes just battled Booker, I think your match is consistent with his character right now.

For the WHC match, I could see Bryan getting in the match and setting up a fatal fourway. This would leave 2 open slots in the MITB match, which could be filled by lower mid card guys like Gabriel (who would make for a great spot or two in the match), a returning Evan Bourne or Mason Ryan.

Do you think Big Show will turn heel to fight Shaq? Or could they wind up partnering up to take on Mark Henry and Daniel Bryan (if he's not in the WHC match)?

Love the idea of a HHH/HBK/Taker match. We all know the streak won't end, but at least this match could create enough doubt for everyone to mark out.

For tradition's sake, I personally would like to see the tag team championship defended at WM, but I know it's unlikely.

Money in the bank ladder match: Rey Mysterio vs Alberto Del Rio vs Kofi Kingston vs The Miz vs Jack Swagger vs Cody Rhodes vs Justin Gabriel vs Ted Dibiase

Zack Ryder vs Kane : Zack is "injured" at the moment because of Kane , so I predict in the coming weeks Ryder will return , leading to a match at Mania. I would possibly add a stipulation such as an inferno match.

(Hardcore match) Mick Foley vs Dolph Ziggler: The seeds have already been somewhat planted for this match and Foley is known for hardcore matchs , this match will elevate the career of Dolph Ziggler just as it did for Edge at WM 22.

(Divas Championship) Beth Phoenix(c) vs Natalya: In the coming weeks Beth will complain that there is nobody left for her to face,etc , this will lead Natalya to attack her and set up a match.

Big Show vs Shaq

(World Heavyweight Championship) Six-pack challenge: Randy Orton(c) vs Sheamus vs Mark Henry vs Daniel Bryan vs Christian vs Wade Barrett : Sheamus chooses to face the WHC. Orton wins the Championship at Elimination Chamber, DB gets his rematch here. Mark Henry will return from suspension and be added to the match, Christian and Barrett will eventually be added.

(WWE Championship) Chris Jericho vs CM Punk(c) : The best in the world vs the best in the world at what we does, should be a excellent fued and match.

Undertaker vs Triple H (Special guest referee Shawn Michaels): In the coming weeks HBK will convince HHH to accept Taker’s challenge. Hbk being added as ref also adds an extra level of interest to the match.

The Rock vs John Cena

Really intrigued by the prospect of this year's WM.

I really want to see Taker vs HHH II, the promo on RAW was excellent I thought. HHH saying he knows what he has to do to beat Taker but he doesn't want to do it out of respect is a brilliant angle to take for the possibility of a rematch.

Punk vs Jericho would be an excellent WM match. Two of the best wrestlers in the business and both brilliant on the mic.

Of course THe Rock vs Cena will be a HUGE match and then there's the possibility of the MITB match featuring at WM this year. I'll definitely be ordering the PPV.

I think I'll order Elimination Chamber too. I fully expect Punk to retain his title, but hopefully the feud between Punk and Jericho is built on here and will soon be set in stone for Wrestlemania. The Smackdown Chamber match is less predictable. I have a feeling Orton will win but at the same time I can see D-Bryan retaining and the possibility of Wade Barett walking out with the title, setting up a triple-threat or fatal-4-way match at Mania. Whatever happens I just hope Sheamus decides to go for the World Heavyweight Championship, which I fully expect he will tbh.

The ambulance match between Cena and Kane pretty much guaranteed that I was going to order this PPV. Has this match actually been confirmed yet? I'm still holding onto some hope that Cena will have a mini-heel turn before his WM match with the Rock. Highly unlikely I know.. but either way, this feud with Kane has only helped add to the intensity of the Rock vs Cena match at WM as it means Cena will be far more prepared to take the fight to the Rock and be more brutal (for lack of a better word).

It's shaping up to be a good few months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back