Road to Wrestlemania 28 - KEEP ALL WM28 GENERAL DISCUSSION IN HERE!!

MetalBuffalo911

Occasional Pre-Show
PLEASE NOTE: This thread is NOT for any discussion in regards to the Royal Rumble match or PPV. We have threads in the WWE PPV section already for that purpose.

Well, We already have one match set, question is what else could be in store. I'm sure WWE has some great ideas as to what we'll see but I think some seeds could be planted soon or have been planted already.

This is what I think would be next Years' WM Card.

Cena Vs The Rock
Obviously this mach has been set, hopefully no one gets hurt or anything. I think We'll see the Rock around RR time. I'm also thinking this: Does this mean Cena will def. not win the rumble, nor will he be champion.

The Miz vs Stone Cold Steve Austin
"One More Match, One More Match" Austin looks like he is in good shape and can still get in the ring at least for one more match. Miz telling him "Let's see if you have another match in you," this would be great and byu that time Miz could be even bigger as a star.

Sin Cara vs Rey Mysterio
Rey wants to retire, or may be leaving. Well let these guys stay separate from now until The Road to WM on different shows then have them meet and let's have a classic luchador match between the two. This would be HUUUUGE. Maybe even a Mask vs Career match.

Undertaker vs Sheamus
I think they way the Taker vs HHH match was, this one could be good as well. Sheamus can be portrayed as being absolutely brutal, which he kind of is. He could throw EVERYTHING at him like trips did. Just another brutal epic match.

WWE Championship Match:
CM Punk (Champ) vs John Morrison (Elimination Chamber winner)
This match would just be amazing. Well COULD be amazing, you never know. I think both these guys are capable of putting on a championship match that the championship deserves.

World Heavyweight Championship Match:
Edge (Champ) vs Christian (RR Winner)
This would be a dream, but I would love to see Christian drafted to Raw after Edge and Christian stay together, no heel truns just the Draft separates them. Christan Wins the Rumble and chooses to go against Edge. This would/could be a classic and something a lot would wanna see.

Of course there would be a few more matches but this is just an idea.

What do you guys think, or what would you like to see happen for next years Mania? You know some plans are already being made.

MODERATOR'S NOTE:
Just typing out a list of matches IS NOT enough. You must give reasons for what you want to see.

So for the first time since WM 20 John Cena will not be in a world title match (unless wwe makes a HUGE mistake and makes the Rock vs Cena match a title match which it totally doesnt need to be)

So who takes Cena's place in the title match? what matches do you want to see happen? (please only the 2 world title matches im not asking for the whole card)

Here are the matches i think we have a good chance of seeing go down

WWE title match The Miz (C) vs John Morrison vs Dolph Ziggler
This match would be amazing and it would showcase the young up and coming talent that is so important to the future of the wwe (and since Rock and Cena is already the main event the lack of "Starpower" in this match wouldnt even matter

World Heavyweight Championship Alberto Delrio (C) vs (FACE) Chris Jericho
Could be a great match with alot of submission wrestling and a great way to get Delrio even more over as a main event heel

So what do you guys think? Are these 2 matches you would want to see? if yes why? if no why? If there are another 2 matches you would like to see for the world titles at WM 28 please give me your ideas but give me reasoning behind them dont just state the matches

looking forward to your feedback

With the rock saying he's going to return to wrestlemania 28 to face John cena for one more match, don't you think it's possible that we can see the viper vs the rattle snake? Now that'd be one for the ages, granted austin has a bad neck but that could be easily worked out, shorten the match or something, but the rivalry build up would make sense, let's not forget survivor series 03 was the year team bicshoff beat team Austin because of Randy orton with the asset from Batista to retire stone cold, there's also the fact that orton is the legend killer and he can say he has one more legend to kill. With everything wwe has surprised us with, rock returning, trish, Booker, Nash. Del rio winning the rumble, cena losing to miz at maia, why can't we add austin vs orton to that list of surprises.?

Yeah that would be awesome!

But when Miz and Austin broke into a fight on RAW, the first thing that came to mind was Miz vs. SCSA at Summerslam. If there is a god, Miz won't be champ by then.

Both possibilities have potential.

Well I guess we can alreay start trying to list matches we want for WM28. Obviously, anything can happen between now and then, and a "screw it, lets get this match done sooner" is never out of the question. Alot will change from now to then, so we will probably see an influx of newer wrestlers that either have little exposure or were not on the roster.

Rock vs. Cena

Alberto Del Rio (SD Champ) vs. John Morrison: I see Morrison heading over to smackdown eventually. This would be the face over heel win for Morrison to grab the title and keep people happy.

Edge and Christian(Tag Team Champs) vs. Big Show and Santino vs. Gabriel and Slater vs. Kofi and Daniel Bryan in a TLC: they need to give the tag titles some love, tag wrestling is great. And I think a revival of E+C with a slew of mix and matching some other teams around could make a great division, and great match.

Randy Orton (Raw Champ) vs. Kane: Time and Time again, Kane proves he's still got it and can compete anywhere on the card. This would be like a battle of the demented, and face/heel statuses could go either way.

CM Punk, Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase, and Mason Ryan (the New New Nexus, I see it happening) Vs. Wade Barrett, Skip Sheffield, Michael Tarver, and David Otunga: grudge match of sorts.

Undertaker vs. HHH pt. 2: Face it, they already started trying to build that up again.

Jack Swagger (IC Champ) vs. Joe Hennig(Michael McGillicutty): Hennig to me has the potential to be awesome, would love to see him as a singles wrestler outside of the nexus angles.

Sheamus vs. Miz: Some sort of grudge match? I think either one, while both being great heels, has the potential to have a decent face run. I would think/hope at this point that neither NEEDS a title on the line for it to be done well, there are always 1-2 decent grudge matches at WM.

Sin Cara (US Title) vs. Evan Borune vs. Rey Mysterio Vs. Dolph Ziggler: you know you'd want to see this.

People left out, or who may find some other roles? Well Y2J can always come back, and I would never leave out the idea of some TNA people who may want to come over here. NEVER say never to some of the talent over there. I know that WWE realized that there was some hype they could have got with Sting.

Also, since it's at the same time as WM, the hall of fame. Calling it now: Macho Man Randy Savage or (if he leaves TNA) Mick Foley will headline the 2012 Class . Celebrity Inductee: Mike Tyson, Lawrence Taylor, or Mr. T.

Miz vs Morrison vs Ziggler...No I think this match will happen but long before next Mania at one of the lesser PPV. I would rather see a face Punk Vs Miz

On the other side Face Jericho at Mania nah I think he is old guard too and there are others better to put over ABR. Maybe ABR vs Rey vs Sin Cara Title vs Mask vs Mask

orton vs Austin would be good, but personally i'd prefer Cm Punk vs Austin, i just think the whole Straight Edge heel persona against the Beer drinking bird flipping austin would make for a good story, and we all know Punk is worthy.

Miz vs Morrison vs Ziggler...No I think this match will happen but long before next Mania at one of the lesser PPV. I would rather see a face Punk Vs Miz

On the other side Face Jericho at Mania nah I think he is old guard too and there are others better to put over ABR. Maybe ABR vs Rey vs Sin Cara Title vs Mask vs Mask

actually jericho/del rio would be quite good just doubt that it's going to happen and their not gonna put the masks on the line they make money off their masks...if they lose the mask then wwe loses that cash flow...so yeah not gonna happen

orton vs Austin would be good, but personally i'd prefer Cm Punk vs Austin, i just think the whole Straight Edge heel persona against the Beer drinking bird flipping austin would make for a good story, and we all know Punk is worthy.

yeah i agree punk vs austin would be so much better especially on a promo stand point....it would be light years better than orton/austin...but i think its all pointless anyway because i dont see austin ever returning

WWE Championship Match: Edge (c) vs. Randy Orton:
These two are two of the biggest and brighest stars in the WWE. The fact they have barely faced off let alone on the grandest stage of all is a shock to be. Also with edge on his way out soon, except for maybe edge vs christian(which i dont think WWE will put at mania) i think this could be one the best choices for one of his last mania match. This has ALOT of potential.

World Heavyweight Championship Match: Triple H(c) vs. John Morrison:
Morrison needs and most importantly DESERVES a main event title shot. and Putting him with a good heel Triple H could launch his career! You can use The Miz to face against some celebrity or good face as a heel and still keep him relevant without having him in the main event. JoMo needs a push like this!

Title vs Mask vs Mask. Sounds clustered and like Nolimitwordz said...it ruins the cash flow from one star. Especially when the Rey mask is the hottest selling unit on wweshop and has been for years. How many kids go to the shows in them masks exactly???

I also don't think they'll solely use new guys. But this IS the year for a lot of them to REALLY shine.

Here's what Im thinking;

Cody Rhodes to win MITB for SD. Keep the breifcase until Mania. - Hes got more than enough of a following as heel to do this, and he's getting better and better in ring every week. Give him the title, I bet he'll REALLY showcase it...but don't do it til mania, here's why.

We have NEVER seen a MITB contract cashed in at Mania and it's about time they do it. The shock swerve at the end of a huge match...

Edge WILL be in the world title scene. Has been now for 3-4 years. This could be his last year as well...so give the dog a bone and let him carry the blue team for one more year.

Edge vs. Barrett - Barrett WILL get a chance, I'm sure of it. He's a natural main eventer and a natural show leader. I think they'll put the title on Barrett nearing the end of the year, around Survivor or even TLC. He won't be a rumble winner this year, but I'm predicting he'll be champ.

Royal Rumble Winner CM Punk vs. Randy Orton vs. The Miz - Sorry...this means another year of programming under these feuds but I kinda see it happening. If Cena isnt in the WWE championship picture, Orton will be. FACT. The Miz won't still be champ by this point but I don't see him slipping in the picture at all. If anything I see him feuding with main eventers up until the following year and Punk...well everyone wants to see him main event a wrestlemania and the past 2 Royal Rumble's he's done pretty well for himself. These three seem like a good fit for the WWE title picture in 2011/12.

Other matches:
Daniel Bryan w/Gail Kim vs. John Morrison w/Melina - US title
I think personally they should team Bryan and Morrison together based on their natural talent. Have them win the unified tag titles as a stepping stone to something bigger, then have them lose the titles on the run. Morrison blames Bryan for the win, Melina attacks Kim, bada bing, bada boom, you have yourself a complete show stealer.

There...we're showcasing new talent along with the old. Unfortunately I don't see a repeat of Alberto Del Rio main eventing wrestlemania this year. These 4 matches, inc Cena v Rock would be more than enough to sell seats...I think it would work well then work in ADR, Sin Cara (Adr vs Sin Cara anyone?!), Rey, Taker v HHH (looks like they wanna build that again)...and there we have it. You have a stacked card that'll look great.

while watching raw earlier, and seeing Miz attack SCSA, i was thinking, they could EASILY do a match at Extreme Rules as then SCSA wouldn't have to do any actuall wrestling..... as long as miz doesnt go for his neck, they could beat the hell out of each other, have a good decent match, not one that sucks and last 5 mins.

it'll never happen as scsa has had opportunitys in the past.... .and not taken them.....

i think we have a good chance of having the best Wrestlemania ever at WM28 with The Rock vs John Cena the years build up is going to be awesome i bet you all were see the Rock return to wrestling before then most likely in a couple of tag matches with Cena and he will use the excuse as keeping Cena injury free before there match at WM28.

but with this happen there is the possibility that Austin will want to have one more match because he has said in the past that he is back to 100% so who knows i most likely it will be against CM Punk because having Orton vs Austin is a dream match but with the no1 Face of the company in the main event with the Rock, Vince will need Orton to fill up the card. plus a Heel vs Face between Punk/Austin would be awesome

Miz vs Austin would be awesome. Miz is the arrogant but intelligent guy, Austin is kinda a dumb redneck who cusses and beats his wife/opponents up. Great clash. Punk is also the intelligent type of heel and as said the sXe vs Natty light drinking redneck thing is very appealing.

As for other "dream" matches I don't see many more. Sting/taker would be an awful match. It'd be fun for nostalgia, but an awful match.

For me a lot of the dream matches have already happened, most others wouldn't get over at mania and thus, the lack of a crowd reaction would ruin it, in other cases the guys are too old.

Actually, I'd like to see Brock Lesnar come back vs Batista, but not what you'd think. I'd like to see Lesnar shoot on Batista and beat his ass for being such a douche.

Probably Orton in one. Maybe Edge in another. Maybe Miz. Hopefully a new star is created and hopefully Punk has a mania title main event.

The way I see it, WWE wants to maximize the card. You have an Undertaker match, the Rock/Cena, 2 title matches, and maybe one more big match. If you mesh a title match with any of the other 3 matches you're limiting the depth of your cards drawing ability. This means you should have one big star in each title match to keep the credibility of the belt there against an up and comer you want to elevate. The other big match should be a brawling type match, something to give variety to your mains and add more appeal to it.

Rock/Cena is going to be pure spectacle. They could exchange shoulder tackles for 10 minutes and the crowd would still be going apeshit and it'd still be entertaining. The Raw main will have more of a WWE big match feel and the SD match will be like a diet version of that (at least this is how it's been recently). The Undertaker match has that epic quality to it. This leaves some sort of street fight available for your last big match.

I think this formula of variety and depth of big matches is the best way to draw the most interest.

World Heavyweight Championship Match: Triple H(c) vs. John Morrison:
Morrison needs and most importantly DESERVES a main event title shot. and Putting him with a good heel Triple H could launch his career! You can use The Miz to face against some celebrity or good face as a heel and still keep him relevant without having him in the main event. JoMo needs a push like this!

I doubt we will see this from what happened tonight I think we will get HHH v.s. Taker 3 next year at Mania.

its hard to pick two titles matches this early because alot of things could change like they could have some new guy come in and get a huge push to the top just like they did with Del Rio this year. Heres what I would like to see though.

WWE Championship: The Miz v.s. CM Punk v.s. Randy Orton
Three of the top WWE superstars as well as 3 of the internets favorites. All three can work in the ring as well as work on the mic. I would have Punk win.

World Heavyweight Championship: John Morrison v.s. Edge v.s. Daniel Bryan v.s. Alberto Del Rio v.s. Dolph Ziggler v.s. Christian.

Seeing as this would be the Smackdown title match and since it seems WWE probably wouldnt put much emphasis on this World Heavyweight Championship just like this year since they will have Cena vs Rock and HHH v.s. Taker 3.

I say take six guys who you know can work their ass off put them in a 6 pack elimination match or if you want make it a TLC match that way it could replace the Money in the Bank ladder match which was sorely missed this year. I know some people will say a gimmick match at mania but you will have 3 other matches that will be solid wrestling matches. At least it will get more people on the card. I would have either Morrison or Bryan win which would be a huge surprise

ADR vs Y2J - submission match for world title....

could be a good feud, ala.... Benoit/Jericho... that went on for ages and was awesome to watch... even if Y2J re appears around the rumble.... they could really turn this into gold.......

Edge V HHH

I personally cant remember this match ever happeneing, im sure it must have, but the rated r superstar v the serebal assasin.... would be awesome

Orton v Chris Jericho would be good for the wwe championship. The world title match could be anyone to be honest but I would like to see Morrison face swagger or Barret.

Agreed with the WWE title picture. Suggested that one myself.

The 6 pack match would NEVER happen, not at a mania. Summerslam. Survivor. Night of Champions. Yes. WM, no. WM is all about 1 on 1's or triple threats at a most. I don't recall the last time I saw a fatal four way or higher at Mania...it just doesn't happen as it takes the emphasis off of one person. ALSO they just come off of Elimination Chamber which normally has 2 world title matches involving 6 people. They would just do the 6 pack challenge inside the Chamber instead then build a 1 on 1 feud.

If the WWE title becomes Miz v Punk v Orton, as predicted, it WILL be a 1 on 1 for the World Title, no doubt and it'll be a highly personal feud between two stars. Barrett is one of the best for promoing right now and will be at a stage where they can show case him and Edge WILL be in the world title scene as long as he isn't injured. So there ya go.

I doubt theyll do a repeat of this year with Del Rio being in the main event. So yeah, I'd be willing to bet Barrett v Edge. Just a small feeling.

As the poster above said though, anyone could debut. Never know, Sin Cara may be world title bound by that point!

I think people are really missing my point on the mask vs mask vs title. ABR would lose and thus drop his title to Sin Cara. I agree they wont take the mask off either unless its Rey's last match but I think them in a triple threat would do great for Hispanic buyrates

The one and only time was the 4 way match with HHH, Show, Foley and Rock with a Mcmahon in every corner which even the partciapnts involved feel was a cluster frak. It was a way to give Foley a main event, Show over and still have HHH vs Rock
Agreed with the WWE title picture. Suggested that one myself.

The 6 pack match would NEVER happen, not at a mania. Summerslam. Survivor. Night of Champions. Yes. WM, no. WM is all about 1 on 1's or triple threats at a most. I don't recall the last time I saw a fatal four way or higher at Mania...it just doesn't happen as it takes the emphasis off of one person. ALSO they just come off of Elimination Chamber which normally has 2 world title matches involving 6 people. They would just do the 6 pack challenge inside the Chamber instead then build a 1 on 1 feud.

we are just one night out of Wrestlemania. At this moment it is a bit to early to see who is going to headline Mania next year. Although what we can tell is Cena and The Rock will steal the show.
Then again by that stars like jericho will return, and Wade Barret will be pushed.
As far as im concerned id lOVE to see Sin Cara in the main event. Then again someone like Alberto Del Rio could be defending the wwe/heavyweight title.
it is a bit to early to see what can happen.

ok I know people are saying what they want to see at WM28 but lets be realistic about the card

Rock vs John Cena
its set in stone now and I believe just with this match alone could be the biggest buy rates ever.

CM Punk vs Stone Cold Steve Austin
For some reason I can see Austin making his in ring return and I know everyone want Austin/Orton but theirs no point these to fighting each other because if Orton goes after Austin he will be turned heel and WWE has to meny Heel already plus the build up would be better with CM Punk involved.

Undertaker vs Chris Jericho
these to have hardly feuded so its defo on the cards Jericho will come back and say he has never fought the deadman and he has beat the Rock's, HHH, HBK's, Everyone and all thats left is the Undertyaker you know the same old stuff because a HHH/Taker 3 match would be pointless and fans wouldnt be into it that much because it will be like the same old shit.

Randy Orton vs Edge vs Christan World title
I just cant see Vince making Edge/Christan in a one and one match at WM so throw Orton into the mix and this could be one of the best triple threat matches at WM

The Miz vs Triple H World Title
with Undertaker in a match with Jericho i think They will have the miz vs HHH because WWE are pushing him to the moon so to headline another Main event with the Game will do wondors for Miz's push

Daniel Bryan vs Rey Mysterio US title
for some reason i can really see this match happening and what a match it will be wow!!

John Morrison vs Wade Barett vs Sheamus vs Ted Dibiase vs Cody Rhodes vs Kofi Kingston vs Evan Bounre vs Dolph Ziggler MITB
WWE really missed this match this year and with having just rising stars in the match will bring some excitement to the match because no 1 will know who is going to win but of course John Morrison will win this match

Sin Cara vs Alberto Del Rio IC title
2 of mexicos greatest wrestlers meeting one on one

thats all i can think of right now

I'm thing world heavyweight title: Alberto del rio (c) v either McIntyre or Rhodes
wwe title: Morrison v miz
Number 1 contender for wwe title: Bryan v sin cara v ziggler
Unified US/IC title: Sheamus v Barrett v big show v Kane v Ezekiel Jackson in a scramble match
Cena v Rock
Tag titles: edge and Christian v Rey mysterio and Evan Bourne
Undertaker v HHH v HBK in a streak match (can't see undertaker physically being able to compete in a 1-1 match. I think have HBK/HHH go for a pin, then the other pull away, and start fighting, have undertaker come in and finish them. Keeps streak alive while physically being able to stand up) although doubt this match will happen, couldn't think of another opponent

Lesnar v Taker - I think that would be a great match being as they tried to set that up this year.

Punk v Austin - I don't really see it happening but it would be awesome if Austin ws healthy enough to do it.

Edge v. Christian - although this isn't necessarily a "dream match" I would like to see this happen in the form of a Ladder Match at WM.

Angle v. Orton - Since we are talking dream matches. What if Angle comes back and takes on the person who apparently "stole" his move.

I was thinking about something while watching RAW earlier tonight when The Miz came down to attack SCSA with Alex Riley during the Tough Enough segment...

What if they're setting up one more dream match for WM28 ? Think about it.. With Cena and The Rock tied up with their match.. who will The Miz feud with ? Given the fact that it is unlikely that The Miz will be the champ for an entire year gives the possibility that Austin could win a match between the 2 if it were to go down..

It was sure being hinted at when Miz was calling out Stone Cold for one more match..

Could you imagine this card?

Cena vs Rock
Austin vs Miz
Taker going for 20-0
Raw champ (if not the Miz) vs #1 contender
World heavyweight champ vs #1 contender

plus more matches and the usual celebrity yada yada...

wow.. that could potentially be the greatest Wrestlemania of all time.. and that's no exaggeration.

Discuss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back