Report: *POSSIBLE* HOF Induction - Bad Street, Atlanta G.A.!!!!

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
According to a report via PWInsider.com, the next inductees into this year's WWE Hall of Fame class is set to be the Fabulous Freebirds. If this is legit, it definitely tips the scales of this year's HOF class back to great after the announcement of the Godfather's induction. As singles wrestlers or in some form of team, the Freebirds were major stars in whatever territory they worked. Even though Jimmy Garvin wasn't a member of the group during its days in Dallas, he himself was still a big star in WCCW while arguably WCCW's best feuds involved the Freebirds against the Von Erich clan. Speaking of the Von Erich family, the report also states that the soul survivor of the Von Erich WCCW legacy, Kevin, will be on hand to induct the Freebirds. Michael Hayes and Jimmy Garvin will accept the honor while Buddy Roberts and Terry Gordy will be inducted posthumously.

If this is true, then it'll be a pretty cool moment to have Kevin Von Erich induct the Freebirds in front of a primarily Dallas/Texas crowd. There've been rumors off & on during this year's WrestleMania season that the Freebirds would be inducted as WrestleMania XXXII takes place in Dallas, Texas and, if true, the formal announcement should take place this Monday or possibly the following Monday.

I have a hard time with the Freebirds not being in already. It's about time and having Kevin Von Erich induct them makes it even better.

The Freebirds were the team I loved to boo the most when I was a kid. I know I am dating myself here, but I caught them toward the end of their career and watched them against the Steiners and Road Warriors on Saturday Morning's World Championship Wrestling show. That isn't the WCW you kids are thinking of...it's was an NWA show that featured whoever was in Crockett's territory at the time. It wouldn't be modern day WCW for a few years.

The HOF is a joke! The Godfather is in there but no Rick Rude? Freebirds based on their history in wrestling should go in.

Well, it's about time really. Perfect time to put them in along with the perfect location. The crowd are going to absolutely crazy for Kevin Von Erich and for the Freebirds. Don't see any reason why this wouldn't happen.

They're long overdue to be inducted. Should've happened in Atlanta, IMO, but at least it's finally getting done.

Putting aside the racism and drunken nature of Michael P.S. Hayes, him, along with Buddy Jack and Terry Gordy were a great faction and set a lot of the wrestling world on fire in the early 80's with the Von Erich's and their random appearances in MSG from time to time.

I have no problem with it.

I heard the rumours a few weeks ago and hope its true as they are one of my favourite tag teams of all time and one of the biggest names that has so far been overlooked for the hall of fame up till now, They were so innovative and are copied by so many over the years and all members are deffinently deserving of the hall of fame, I'm surprised it hadn't happened earlier especially with Michael Hayes involved with the WWE for years.

I'm totally fine with this, people have wanted The Freebirds in the HOF for a while nowit's a well deserved induction. It's become kind of a running joke in WWE to deliberately overlook Michael Hayes year after year, so if this induction does happen then it's about time!

They were so influential in their time, so charismatic (especially Hayes) and THIS is exactly the kind of deserved induction the HOF should be all about.

Better late than never. I am really happy to see them go in WWE Hall Of Fame if the report is true. I hope its true and there is nothing better than getting inducted in Dallas for them. Really happy for them.

:devil:

Glad they finally made it in. Well deserved as they were the epitome of how heel tag teams were supposed to operate. I watched many of matches between them and the Von Erich's and it was must see tv for sure. They tore up most of Texas with that rivalry!

arguably WCCW's best feuds involved the Freebirds against the Von Erich clan.

Arguably?

Arguably one of the best feuds in the World in the 80's was the Freebirds against the Von Erichs. In WCCW, that was unquestionably their greatest feud.

I'm happy for the induction though. It would have been nice if it could have happened while Buddy was still alive, but it is what it is I guess. At least it's happening in the perfect place.

I wonder if Hayes will tell the story of their actual WWF run in the 80's (yes there was one). According to lore, during their first match, Buddy fell asleep (or passed out depending on who's telling the story) on the apron. After the match, the Birds are called into Vince's office, where he starts chewing them out for being so unprofessional. While Vince is yelling at them, Buddy falls asleep again, and this time Terry joins him in passing out.

They were back in Texas a week later. :D

I'm pretty sure that The Freebirds vs The Von Erichs feud was what really put WCCW on the map. The crowd was hyped up over the matches themselves, and then Michael Hayes and Kevin Von Erich would find ways to hype them up even more.

I'll never forget this classic gem:

[YOUTUBE]GnSW8vqGCq4[/YOUTUBE]

At 2:55 Kevin Von Erich sets the crowd on fire with a monster promo. Glad to see that an amazing stable is being recognized and introduced to a new generation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back