Report: Early Creative Plans For The Undertaker in 2013

If Undertaker enters the rumble he is how it should go down...

One of the arching storylines heading into the rumble is all about HHH and his last chance to be champion or get a shot. Build the story around that and make him the number one entrant, i don't care how just do it. Then having made his massive entrance and done his usual over intense buildup, the gong hits and Taker comes out as number 2. Pull a stunner, the crowd would go insane, the look on HHH's face would be magic and the staredown would be mania all over again.

Just don't leak news of Taker's return, keep it all a surprise. So yeah HHH as entry #1 and Taker as 2.

Have them go for ages, and finally Brock comes in (another surprise) and he goes straight for Taker, kills him and eliminates him..easy peasy. This would shock the crowd and show Brock's dominance over Taker. Brock looks over the ropes at his elimination and taunts etc only to be snuck up on by HHH (reference their past history) and eliminated himself sorta ending that angle and getting HHH the 'revenge' he needs to get. Brock doesn't care however as that wasn't his goal, he F5's Taker through the announce Table and proceeds to destroy him.

Next Night on raw, Brock main events with a promo, calling out his intention to face Taker at mania and accomplish the last thing he needs to do. Taker no shows. The next week Brock dismantles Kane as a ploy to get Taker out and just as he is about to break Kane's arm, the gong hits and the crowd goes nuts. Taker goes in for the save, HOWEVER Brock dominates him again getting the upperhand and breaking Taker's arm in the process...he then kneels down..mic in hand and says 'see you in six weeks...dead man' and looks up at the sign.

This would show Vulnerability for Taker as Brock is clearly superior casting the streak in doubt, as people question whether Taker has what it take against a monster like Brock, who has gotten the upper hand so many times.

etc etc

EASY

kind regards, MR Ferguson

Honestly, I feel like it's the time of year where WWE's starting to work us over heading into WrestleMania. Some of the ideas, while I don't mind speculating at how good they'd turn out, just seem fishy as far as what WWE's likely to do. However, going off that Punk documentary there is at least a select few who pride themselves on saying, "Fuck the know-it-all smarks, let's do exactly what they think we won't do."

As far as the possibility of Punk vs. 'Taker, if you go back and watch Punk's matches this year with Mark Henry and then say Punk can't work a great match with Undertaker, you're cray cray. I don't want to be harsh, but if he can work that well with an immobile super heavyweight like Henry (and Punk also had good matches with Kane and Big Show), there's no reason he couldn't put together an epic match with The Undertaker. Would it be a step down from what we're accustomed? The match quality sure wouldn't. Maybe the storyline would be less "epic," but I'd say Punk's performance at Over the Limit with Daniel Bryan and his match with John Cena at Money in the Bank 2011 surpassed both the Triple H/Undertaker matches from their respective WrestleManias. Given Punk's record, there's no objective reason he couldn't make that match fan-fucking-tastic.

Again, I'm not assuming this match will happen or that Punk's the BEST choice.

No wait, I am. I'm going to stick with this. Punk's the second biggest full-time performer in the company. The five options I've heard are The Rock, Brock Lesnar, John Cena, Ryback and now CM Punk. The Rock and Brock Lesnar won't benefit from facing Punk, John Cena would a bit (though there's really not THAT MUCH he can gain, his legacy is already enormous) and Ryback would just be a filler opponent. Punk's tremendous on the microphone. After that documentary, I have more confidence than ever in CM Punk to create an engaging story with anyone, especially as a heel. Of the five options, I believe he'd produce the best match, he'd have the most epic story and he'd have the most to gain whether he wins or loses.

By the way, I really believe some of these reports are just WWE trying to get wrestlers over. When I think back on it, I don't think I would have taken Daniel Bryan as as much of a threat to Punk's championship reign had I not heard reports prior to the matches that they were strongly considering giving him the belt. Maybe the reports were true, or maybe the WWE was just trying to work the smarks into thinking Bryan had a real chance. Regardless, Bryan's certainly main event-level over now.

I think Rikishi should run the Taker over with a car to the end the streak. That, or Heath Slater could rock the dude to death.

I now have it in my mind that anything other than The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 29 will be a disappointment. I can't really see a believable challenge to The Undertaker's streak in any other potential match.

I hope that 30 years time the streak will be looked back on as the 'Quarter Century Undeafeated Streak' that saw 25 Undertaker wins at WrestleMania when all is said and done.

I'd have the following challenge the streak in the next few years
WM29 - Brock Lesnar 21-0
WM30 - John Cena 22-0
The next two could go to many The Rock, Kurt Angle, Sting, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Sheamus, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan but I'd go with the following based on most likely
WM31 - CM Punk 23-0
WM 32 - Chris Jericho 24-0
and finally
WM 33 - Kane 25-0 (only man to be faced three times and a special ending between the two and Paul Bearer to bring an end a legendary career)

Even ignoring the importance of the streak and if Taker is wrestling, there's the other factor: What happens to the guy who breaks it, and who is it? It needs to be someone reliable enough to stay with the company for years and seen as loyal enough to actually stick it out. He needs to be popular enough that it doesn't cause a riot, and yet not too popular that it's wasted.

Tell me how many guys in the WWE are in that position for this 'Mania.

Fact of the matter is, at this stage of the game, no one is ending the Undertaker's streak, nor should anyone. Certainly not a non regular such as Lesnar or the Rock. Definitely not a performer from elsewhere, no matter how iconic he may be. And not someone whose longevity and future is not a virtual certainty, such as Ryback, Ziggler, or Orton.

At this stage of the game, there's only one performer who could ever end the streak, and only under one particular circumstance, and while it might be fun to see the IWC explode if it were to happen, at the end of the day, I just don't see WWE having the intestinal fortitude to let it happen.

At this stage of the game, there's only one performer who could ever end the streak, and only under one particular circumstance, and while it might be fun to see the IWC explode if it were to happen, at the end of the day, I just don't see WWE having the intestinal fortitude to let it happen.

You're talking about CM Punk, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back