Report: Cena vs Wyatt Feud after Payback

#SAWFT

Pre-Show Stalwart
www.f4wonline.com posted today that Cena vs Wyatt could potentially continue after Payback on June 1st.

What do you guys think? Personally, I am loving the feud so far, and think there is so much further to go with it. Wyatt has really stepped up his game, and his promo work, even though the message is always similar, the ways in which Bray Wyatt actually pulls off a promo is incredible, (e.g.) the choir on Raw.

The article can be found on Wrestlezone: http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/475025-backstage-update-on-cena-vs-wyatt

I'm getting a little tired of it but it makes sense from a storyline standpoint. They cannot restart Wyatt/Bryan this soon. We just had months of Wyatt trying to recruit Bryan. They need to let that rest for awhile. As long as there is good back and forth between Wyatt and Cena I'm ok. I don't want to keep seeing these squashes where it is constantly 3 on 1. Wyatt seems to be far enough now as a character where they can rely more on the mind games and less on the physical advantages of 3 300 pounders against 1 person.

It's the right call.

....alright alright cut the fucking booing and leave my mother out of this.

There have been comments- not necessarily from here mind you- that with Bray getting the win at ER, there's nothing left for the feud. There's just one problem; do you trust creative to properly handle that route?

I can imagine you all have the idea in your heads and it goes something like this; The Wyatt family simply stop going after John Cena, proclaiming they've taken everything they needed to from him and he has nothing left, and they go on to somebody else, maybe the Shield again or what-not, leaving John to stew in his newfound insecurities by himself for maybe a month or two before spiraling out of control and eventually has to 'walk away'.

The problem is trusting Creative to consistently write John Cena in that fashion and sell it as believable. What's more likely to happen is Cena ends up walking his own path and things seemingly go back to normal after a couple of shows, which in turn totally DESTROYS everything the Wyatt family attempted to do over the course of multiple PPVs.

The smarter thing to do is have the Wyatts keep the pressure on Cena, to keep the feud hot and persistent, that way you don't accidentally write Cena as getting over the self-doubt. It flirts with Cena having a genuine breakdown, which is an iffy proposition until it actually happens, but that's the best case scenario for this feud to have any genuine impact.

I can't say more Wyatt/Cena stuff really appeals. One more PPV match would be sufficient. Them continuing the feud just makes me think they don't have any solid plans for either of them and they're just stalling until they do.

As I have stated many times, I am enjoying this feud and don't have a problem with it continuing. The WWE have managed to keep it entertaining and interesting, I feel like a stipulation needs to be added for the match at Payback in order to spice things up a little and I am not talking a steel cage match or anything like that but a last man standing match. An I quit match is too predictable because of Cena's character and we all know he won't lose in that fashion. A last man standing match between Wyatt and Cena would be awesome IMO, the feud itself should end at Payback without a doubt.

You don't want to drag it out to the point where it does eventually become stale. Spice it up, add a stip and end it next month. My only question is, where do both Cena and Wyatt go after this? John Cena could challenge Daniel Bryan at Money in the bank provided he beats Wyatt at Payback. That could be interesting, Bray Wyatt could enter the ladder match and win the contract, leading to a Wyatt title reign maybe for WrestleMania 31.

Money in the bank is in Boston and I would not be surprised if WWE were planning to build this around Cena vs Bryan II for WWE World title, this time only BIGGER. I see big money in that feud/match happening in Cena's hometown, their first match was awesome IMO. Plus I don't really see any legs in Bryan vs Kane after Payback, the feud has sucked for the most part. It has to be Cena IMO.

My opinion:

I think that if this feud doesn't lead a change in Cena's character, than it will just be a long drawn out waste. I'm not advocating a heel turn, he basically already is a heel, because he gets booed more than most heels on the roster already. But it should at least lead to a change in his character, even if it's just temporary. Maybe he gets a little darker. Maybe he gets edgier. Maybe he starts cheating and gets ruthless. He will still sell merch. And he doesn't need to be coming out and ripping on the fans to get heat. Even if it's just from Payback to WM31 where he turns back to his goofy self... I'm thinking like when Hogan got dark in feud against The Giant and The Dungeon of Doom. They need to go "all the way" with this feud for it to warrant it lasting that long.

Im loving this feud, its perfect for bray wyatt to solidify him as a major player and it helps Cena (imo) as he wont be playing the same happy go lucky guy every week as if nothing bothers him and no one can affect him, which is one of the problems people have with his character. My only concern is, is the hate for Cena really whats getting the reactions for Wyatt or is it Wyatt. Bc people are going nuts over Wyatt. Partially bc just then hate for Cena. So what happens after Cena?

So far they've got a pair of good matches and a series of excellent promos. Things have certainly taken an interesting turn with Wyatt's win and the more extravagant promos, but there's really only so much further the same basic idea can go. If they want a ton of mileage out of this, they could have Cena get broken down and join the Wyatts as did Daniel Bryan, though the mere fact that Bryan did that makes it sort of hard to believe that Bray would ever accept a convert again.

Failing that unlikely scenario, I don't see a ton of direction after Payback. That said, Cena has had feuds go on and on, trading wins, and has at least made it passable (feud with Orton comes to mind). I think it might make sense for Cena to try to recruit some new bros to even the odds. Cena is traditionally a lone wolf, of course, and has plenty of trust issues with past partners, but that's all far enough in the past that he could possibly look for allies. There's certainly a few faces that could use some exposure - Big E, Dolph Ziggler, and so on. It's an unlikely event as well, but I'm altogether not sure how the WWE will keep this going and it's at least a thought.

It should've ended at Extreme Rules. Instead we got that terrible child ending which wasn't an ending.

What was wrong with that ending? I thought it was brilliant.

First, it was consistent to the storyline. It wasn't just some random thing that happened. It made sense, considering what had happened on Raw as of late.

Secondly, how can you win clean in a cage match? It's No-DQ, so using something like that is both legal and brilliant.

It is unrealistic, but no more so than the Undertaker shooting thunder out of his hands against Kane leading up to WM14.

People here bag the PG era, yet when they do something creepy, controversial or scary, you all bag it. Make up your friggin' minds.

I bet if this was the "Attitude Era", and Ministry Undertaker pulled that stunt on "Stone Cold" or the Rock, you would singing its praises, like people do about anything in the AE, but because Cena is involved, people hate it. I bet that if Wyatt had done that to Bryan, and had possessed Brie, for example, you would also be liking it.

Have the feud continue through Summerslam. At Summerslam you have the three members of the Wyatt Family take on John Cena and Sting. If they are actually looking for Sting to wrestle at Mania next year they should give him some time in the ring prior. It would be along the same lines of Rock teaming with Cena at Survivor Series. Sting could easily fit right into the storyline gimmick wise and Summerslam is the second biggest card of the year. Plus, with a tag match Sting wouldn't have to carry the weight of a singles match. If, and that's a big if, they decide to use Sting in the ring this could be an ideal situation to do so.

Bryan vs Lesnar
Cena/Sting vs Wyatt Family
Roman Reigns vs HHH

That would be a worthy top of the card with a lot of great talent left to fill out the card.

It could continue only if they will have in the maximum 2 more PPV matches.
I would have put it like this:
PayBack - Bray beats Cena in an I Quit match where after about 15 minutes of brawl - without interference from Rowan and Harper ! {find something else for them in the PPV - maybe challenge for the tag titles} and have Cena just stand up take the mic from the ref & say I Quit and leave.
Then he returns at Battleground to attack The Wyatts in the middle of a six man tag match against either The Shield / Evolution / just a 3 man team - for example:Rob Van Dam & The Big Show & Big E and have Cena return attacking Bray and allowing the other team to win.
Then this sets up a big blow off match between Cena and Wyatt at Summer Slam which could be either a Last Man Standing match {no need to explain} / a Casket match {Wyatt "killed" Cena and didn't allow him to do what the fans want} / an Inferno match and have Cena win {Even though if it was my thoughts I would have let Wyatt win but Cena can't lose to him for three straight PPV's right?}.
Then Wyatt could go in a program with Daniel Bryan - challenging for the WWE WHC title and Cena could go on to what reported to be his next feud against Big E.

www.f4wonline.com posted today that Cena vs Wyatt could potentially continue after Payback on June 1st.

What do you guys think? Personally, I am loving the feud so far, and think there is so much further to go with it. Wyatt has really stepped up his game, and his promo work, even though the message is always similar, the ways in which Bray Wyatt actually pulls off a promo is incredible, (e.g.) the choir on Raw.

The article can be found on Wrestlezone: http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/475025-backstage-update-on-cena-vs-wyatt

Bray has definitely improved. However, I just don't see anything groundbreaking coming out of this feud.

Cena is not going to turn heel. Bray probably won't be the #1 contender if he was to beat Cena.

It's refreshing to see Cena work with younger talent than chasing the title. I'm hoping it's over at Payback so they could both move on.

Cena is not going to turn heel. Bray probably won't be the #1 contender if he was to beat Cena.

Bingo. Not with the amount of top, seasoned heels in play. This is a feud to get Wyatt the Cena rub. After the Cena program ends, Wyatt will move down and get wins over upper mid-card faces and start the climb to top heel. And like it or not, that is exactly the route that should be taken.

Despite the knee-jerk reaction to losing to Cena (which will happen, again), Bray Wyatt comes out better after a Cena program than he was before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back