Roman Reigns vs Bray Wyatt

cornerdon26

Occasional Pre-Show
Do you remember the face offs between The Wyatt Family and The Shield, with Reigns and Wyatt essentially being the main men of the trios. I want to see more of it.

I don't want to see Reigns vs Show, or Kane, or Orton. I want to see new faces at the top of the card and this summer feud could be awesome for many reasons. Here is how I would book the feud and why it could be great

- Wyatt cuts a promo to Reigns mocking him, saying he is trying to build a legacy like Cena but will fail. Let Reigns response dismissing all this etc.
- Singles match near top of a PPV card.
- Give Roman the initial win and tease an altercation the next night on RAW. Let Wyatt say whilst he won the fight he has not won the war.
- Have Reigns attacked backstage a few times, not indicating who attacked him. Wyatt can make comments about how Reigns may have a big wrestling family but nobody is there to help him. He continues to bring up Reigns being alone and mentioning 'family'.
- This all leads to the Wyatt Family being reformed, Harper and Rowan being responsible for the attack.
- He can also say how he is a better leader than Reigns was in The Shield. His brothers will always return to him but The Shield have deserted him.
- After a few weeks of The Wyatt Family beating on Reigns, The Uso's return (Jey returns from injury). Reigns can bring up how he has real family to help.
- 6-man tag at PPV with the Wyatt Family winning.
- Let the two tag teams get more involved in the tag title scene as Reigns and Wyatt finish their feud
- Wyatt vs Reigns, maybe in a Hell in a Cell match with a decisive finish to end the feud.

This is just a rough idea, but what do people thinking? It would keep Reigns out of title scene to improve further. Wyatt can get into a relevant feud where the outcome is unpredictable. The Wyatt family can reunite. The Uso's return into a quite big angle and can help their relative for the first time. Reigns has stepped up when in the ring recently, hopefully a feud with Wyatt could help improve his promo skills too.

Never gona happen. Both men are "company favourites" so they are looking to build them strong. Although I dont doubt that they will look strong, losing the feud cant be afforded in neither case. Wyatt was builded strongly so Undertaker can be fed to Mania match and Reigns to maievent. Both losted and both need wins in order to build momentum. So Reigns gets Show, maybe Kane and Rollins after while Wyatt somebody like Ryback.

First point the injured Uso is out for 6 months from Mania so that is Survivor Series time. Secondly both men need wins, while Reigns needs it less as he is in the position where he needs to prove himself to fans and a good feud like this will help, losing the feud will damage his position and WWE would be reluctant to do that. Wyatt should focus more reestablishing himself, he has had two big matches at Mania and lost them both, what he needs now is some feuds which will build him some momentum on the path to a big win at Mania and for me I would start with the likes of Ryback and Ziggler who could be used to build him up and then have the Authority cost him a match maybe against Reigns and then use it to turn him face and build to a match v HHH at Mania (if Rock doesnt compete)

I think the WWE really missed out on the Shield/Wyatt Family feud. They had one great match but it could have been so much more. As for Reigns vs Wyatt, I think it would be a great feud, but not yet. Both men need to rebuild some credibility after some big losses. Let them win a few feuds with others and then put them against each other. Wyatt in particular needs some real wins. He risks becoming a joke if he keeps failing to back up his words. He needs to look dominant if he's ever going to reach the main event again (which he should eventually). And Reigns needs to work with some more established stars to keep improving.

As a side note I will say that I really think they need to reform the Wyatt family. Breaking them up made no sense and they never used it to build any stories, it was pointless. Wyatts cult leader character doesn't work without a cult. Rowan has been a complete joke with the way they've booked him, and although Harper has put on some great matches, he's not being used to his full potential. Put them back together, give them a new stable to feud with, watch the money pour in.

The Shield/Wyatt matches were great, none of them could be called bad. What a shame they split up both factions.

That being said both these guy's need high profile feuds. Bray Wyatt has to stop talking to himself and actually get in the ring and wrestle, and win. Reigns needs a much faster opponent than Big Show, but one that a lose wouldn't hurt. I don't see them coming together except in tag matches.

While their faceoffs were awesome, I don't think their matches would be. I think this nevertheless could be an intriguing feud eventually, but both need wins.

While I'm sure this is a feud they're saving for the future and one i'd definitely like to see. Now is probably not the time to do it. Both guys need to win or at least made to look strong for the next few months. I mean I can see how these promos could apply to Reigns and it would make sense with Bray mentioning "Fear of failure" and so on considering Reigns "failed" at WM. It could establish Bray and Reigns as huge arch rivals for years to come kinda like Triple H and Mick Foley. But like I said most likely not going to happen anytime soon.

I suppose the possibility of a Wyatt-Reigns feud at this time depends mostly on WWE's plans for Bray. At present, he's seen as a very dangerous opponent who loses at PPVs. Really, the biggest problem for whomever he's targeting occurs outside the confines of a wrestling match, meaning he will attack backstage, but if he comes at you in the ring, it's before or after the bell rings.

Is Bray a main event performer.....or upper midcard? It's kind of hard to say since he doesn't defeat main event wrestlers, yet often seems as if he's just about to because of all the noise he makes in his promos.

In that regard, he might be the perfect opponent for Roman Reigns at this rebuilding stage of Roman's career. Roman needs tough opposition, yet the company wants him to sharpen his skills before inserting him back in the world title picture, which is wise. They tried forcing the issue once, leading us to where we are now.

Bray would be a hard guy for Roman to fight.....Bray is hard for anyone to fight.....yet a series of matches between these two might be just what Roman Reigns needs to advance him closer to the destiny his employer has planned for him.

Do you remember the face offs between The Wyatt Family and The Shield, with Reigns and Wyatt essentially being the main men of the trios. I want to see more of it.

I don't want to see Reigns vs Show, or Kane, or Orton. I want to see new faces at the top of the card and this summer feud could be awesome for many reasons. Here is how I would book the feud and why it could be great

- Wyatt cuts a promo to Reigns mocking him, saying he is trying to build a legacy like Cena but will fail. Let Reigns response dismissing all this etc.
- Singles match near top of a PPV card.
- Give Roman the initial win and tease an altercation the next night on RAW. Let Wyatt say whilst he won the fight he has not won the war.
- Have Reigns attacked backstage a few times, not indicating who attacked him. Wyatt can make comments about how Reigns may have a big wrestling family but nobody is there to help him. He continues to bring up Reigns being alone and mentioning 'family'.
- This all leads to the Wyatt Family being reformed, Harper and Rowan being responsible for the attack.
- He can also say how he is a better leader than Reigns was in The Shield. His brothers will always return to him but The Shield have deserted him.
- After a few weeks of The Wyatt Family beating on Reigns, The Uso's return (Jey returns from injury). Reigns can bring up how he has real family to help.
- 6-man tag at PPV with the Wyatt Family winning.
- Let the two tag teams get more involved in the tag title scene as Reigns and Wyatt finish their feud
- Wyatt vs Reigns, maybe in a Hell in a Cell match with a decisive finish to end the feud.

This is just a rough idea, but what do people thinking? It would keep Reigns out of title scene to improve further. Wyatt can get into a relevant feud where the outcome is unpredictable. The Wyatt family can reunite. The Uso's return into a quite big angle and can help their relative for the first time. Reigns has stepped up when in the ring recently, hopefully a feud with Wyatt could help improve his promo skills too.

That's the type of feud WWE needs! These one sided feuds where you kind of got a feel that one opponent can only benefit from the feud like Reigns vs. Show. Reigns need the win to get back in the title picture, meanwhile, Show, his best days are behind him, a loss wouldn't hurt him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back