Report/Rumor: IC Title Feud

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlinginc.com has a snippet of info sourced from Dave Meltzer's F4WOnline.com talking about a POSSIBLE upcoming feud over the Intercontinental Championship.

According to the report, there's talk of doing an IC title feud with Dolph Ziggler defending against Bray Wyatt. There aren't any details mentioned as to when it'd take place, there aren't any real details at all apart from that. When last I heard, maybe a month or so ago, there were reports about suggesting that Bray Wyatt could be going after the United States Championship and that Sheamus & Wyatt had been facing off at some house shows.

I'd be all for a feud between Ziggler & Wyatt because there's some real, untapped potential. Dolph Ziggler, when he gives a serious & passionate promo, can be extremely good on the mic. I know because I've heard him and I think if he has someone strong like Wyatt to play off of, MAYBE it could be what's needed to ultimately get Ziggler to another level. I also have little doubt that the matches would be strong, Ziggler's probably the closest guy in similarity to Bryan, in terms of energy and pace, since Wyatt's brief feud with Bryan earlier in the year. I could ultimately see Wyatt finally coming out with some gold, having a strong run as IC champ before possibly being moved back into the WWE World Heavyweight Championship picture sometime in the post WM season next year.

Wyatt's not currently booked as part of the Night of Champions ppv and his cage match against Jericho is being reported as the end of their program. So, if the idea is for Wyatt to go after Ziggler's IC title, I could see him popping up with Harper & Rowan after Ziggler's bout with Miz and beat him down. They've gone as far as they can with Ziggler vs. Miz and since I don't see him dropping the strap back to Miz, it's time to move him on after Night of Champions to someone else.

I also thinks it'd be a better fit for Wyatt at this point than feuding with Sheamus. I've said it in lots of threads that the best feud for Sheamus as United States Champion would be against Rusev. Rusev has momentum, he's getting really good heat with Lana as his mouthpiece and, surprisingly, with the USA vs. Russia angle that WWE's dusted of and successfully applied. It just seems like the next logical step once Rusev ultimately gets the better of Mark Henry, which seems to be the overall idea. If he gets past Henry at NOC, which I think he will, it will have made the second consecutive former World Champion that Rusev will have defeated to go along with his several dominant victories over former IC champ Big E.

It's like they're trying to completely kill off Wyatt or something. First the Cena feud, then one with dead-beat Chris Jericho, now one with Ziggler over the I.C. title! Who did he piss off?

MAYBE it could be what's needed to ultimately get Ziggler to another level.

Whether a series like this will be booked might depend more on what WWE management has in mind for Bray Wyatt. He's been at (or near) main event level, fighting John Cena in several matches.....and it seems to me a drop down to a midcarder like Dolph might indicate a demotion for Bray. It's so hard to tell with him because everything about the performer and his method of operation is so out of the ordinary. (read: weird)

For the same reasons, it seems incongruous for Bray to be going after titles. With his peculiarities, he just wouldn't care about championships. If he won one, he might toss the belt aside with a laugh. Of course, that could be an interesting thing to watch.....but only once.

Overall, though, I can't see WWE having Dolph go over Bray; the IC champ doesn't seem to be in Bray's class as a performer, although if Bray's character is being de-emphasized, I suppose it could happen.

But, jeez, that's quite a step down for the swamp rat.

I also thinks it'd be a better fit for Wyatt at this point than feuding with Sheamus.

I've been thinking Sheamus would be a good guy for just about anyone to work with. The character of Sheamus is so flexible with his brawny body and workaholic style that I can see him fighting guys at the absolute top of the ladder.....but also being a solid match-up for physical guys like Bray Wyatt, huge bodies like Big Show, or Energizer Bunny little guys like Dolph Ziggler. WWE should be happy to have someone who can do so many things.

Here's my problem with Wyatt taking on Ziggler for the IC title. I see both men in need of a huge push of legitimacy. Wyatt's been a standout, but hasn't held gold, and Ziggler's been up and down since his WHC loss back when. Wyatt coming out with the gold at the end of this program is what he needs from it. Ziggler promised his run as IC champ to restore glory to the title. Him accomplishing this (and not necessarilly the gold in general) is what he needs from the program.
Either one winning can stunt the movement from the other.

On the other hand, Sheamus' need in his next program is change. He's a hell of a performer, but his feuds and promos can run flat. I (and I think many others) want to see a vicious Sheamus in the WWE. Wyatt's character and nature has the ability to bring out the ruthless side of any competitor even without turning them heel. Included in that is the fact that Sheamus can drop the title in this feud without stunting his movement.

To see all three competitors rise from their next program, I think Bray vs Sheamus is best, while Ziggler needs a big time feud that will see him challenged to his limits, while hanging on to the title.

Every one of Wyatt's feuds have seemed to start on awesome, then the next week it's like they have no idea what they are doing with his storylines anymore and it goes on autopilot. I was hyped to see him and Y2J go at it, but after the Wyatt family beat down of him, by the time we got to battleground and summerslam I completely forgot they were feuding. I don't know if Jericho was phoning it in this last run or what but I expect better of him. Although there were rumors that Jericho didn't have any creative control with his feud this time around so if that's true I understand completely.

I am personally not a fan of Ziggler, but I can't deny his popularity on here and apparently amongst the live audiences. Do I think he is the best choice for Wyatt? No, but simply because I think their storyline would be the same as all of Wyatt's so far. "You claim you are a hero and savior and I am going to prove you are a phony." Not an exact quote but that sums up Bray's feuds with Jericho and Cena and Bryan. His idea is he wants his opponents to see the world as he does and to bring out their monsters. I don't see Ziggler meshing well with that as he has nothing to work off of and anything he could say in response to that would sound out of left field because hes never been the "hero" so to speak.

I have been wrong before and think the matches have potential so we will see.

For Sheamus I say slap him in a feud with Cesaro. Sheamus gets decent crowd face reactions and might help Cesaro actually be a heel, giving him a mid card belt would keep him doing something and to be frank Sheamus doesn't need it at this point. Then you have a heel US Champion for get this, Swagger to beat. Being as everyone loves the Rusev US Champ and I personally don't think Swagger/Rusev is over, this could be a great segue into this feud.

To recap NoC: Sheamus(c) v Cesaro = Cesaro
HiaC: Cesaro(c) v Sheamus = Cesaro
Survivor Series: Cesaro on team Brock and Swagger on team Cena
TLC: Cesaro(c) v Swagger = Swagger
RR: Swagger(c) v Cesaro = Swagger
Before Wrestlemania book Swagger as found his ability to win, make us believe he'll beat Rusev at Mania
WM: Swagger(c) v Rusev = Rusev

Maybe it's too much build for such a little pay off but I feel like each match would work, Cesaro can brawl and that would match Sheamus but he can also wrestle so him v Swagger works, plus shouldn't they be mad at each other? Swagger v Rusev is already working.

Now for the IC title, Bray takes on Ziggler, loses match one(being as it doesn't matter for Bray, wins match two but he wins due to interference when Barrett returns to take his title back. Triple Threat between the three of them and Bray takes the belt. .

To recap: NoC: Ziggler(c) v Miz = Ziggler
HiaC: Ziggler(c) v Bray = Ziggler
Survivor Series: Ziggler on team cena and Bray on team Lesnar
TLC: Ziggler(c) v Bray = Bray wins but only by DQ(for some reason they have a regular match and Barret returns)
EC: Ziggler(c) v Bray v Barrett v Miz v Jericho v Cesaro = Bray

I think it works xD

I'd like to see this. Wyatt isn't do much and Ziggler needs to keep his momentum (he got mic time on Raw!) Both can deliver in the ring meaning the matches will be of a high quality. I'm not really sure why a cult leader would want the IC title - I mean it doesn't signify much- unless he directs his attention to Ziggler which might be interesting.

Ultimately, both need a program and this works. Bray is still very young so there is no rush for him to be working with the very best every single week. I wouldn't mind him going after Sheamus either but I like him feuding with Cesaro. Bray winning the IC title would be a decent place for him. It is safe and it would be good for his gimmick - especially if Harper and Rowan can add gold. Maybe, he loses and takes time off TV but there aren't many options better than feuding with Ziggler.

I actually think the best next feud for Wyatt is to feud with the other Wyatts. Obviously there has been some down moments lately for this once white hot faction... but lately it has gone down. Rowan and Harper could get pissed that they have been held back because they are always too busy bailing Wyatt out (ie loosing tag title matches to Usos). Thus turning and beating the crap out of him. Turns into a 2 on 1 match and Wyatt gets to come out on top in the end.
Wyatt is already a borderline face with the crowd response and the cheap pop from the crowd when he names the city they are in saying they are here... so it would not be hard for him to be cheered...

Wrestlinginc.com has a snippet of info sourced from Dave Meltzer's F4WOnline.com talking about a POSSIBLE upcoming feud over the Intercontinental Championship.

According to the report, there's talk of doing an IC title feud with Dolph Ziggler defending against Bray Wyatt. There aren't any details mentioned as to when it'd take place, there aren't any real details at all apart from that. When last I heard, maybe a month or so ago, there were reports about suggesting that Bray Wyatt could be going after the United States Championship and that Sheamus & Wyatt had been facing off at some house shows.

I'd be all for a feud between Ziggler & Wyatt because there's some real, untapped potential. Dolph Ziggler, when he gives a serious & passionate promo, can be extremely good on the mic. I know because I've heard him and I think if he has someone strong like Wyatt to play off of, MAYBE it could be what's needed to ultimately get Ziggler to another level. I also have little doubt that the matches would be strong, Ziggler's probably the closest guy in similarity to Bryan, in terms of energy and pace, since Wyatt's brief feud with Bryan earlier in the year. I could ultimately see Wyatt finally coming out with some gold, having a strong run as IC champ before possibly being moved back into the WWE World Heavyweight Championship picture sometime in the post WM season next year.

Wyatt's not currently booked as part of the Night of Champions ppv and his cage match against Jericho is being reported as the end of their program. So, if the idea is for Wyatt to go after Ziggler's IC title, I could see him popping up with Harper & Rowan after Ziggler's bout with Miz and beat him down. They've gone as far as they can with Ziggler vs. Miz and since I don't see him dropping the strap back to Miz, it's time to move him on after Night of Champions to someone else.

I also thinks it'd be a better fit for Wyatt at this point than feuding with Sheamus. I've said it in lots of threads that the best feud for Sheamus as United States Champion would be against Rusev. Rusev has momentum, he's getting really good heat with Lana as his mouthpiece and, surprisingly, with the USA vs. Russia angle that WWE's dusted of and successfully applied. It just seems like the next logical step once Rusev ultimately gets the better of Mark Henry, which seems to be the overall idea. If he gets past Henry at NOC, which I think he will, it will have made the second consecutive former World Champion that Rusev will have defeated to go along with his several dominant victories over former IC champ Big E.

If that is the direction of the IC title, then I am all for it.

A couple months ago, I felt that Bray Wyatt was a real candidate to leave MitB as the new Champion, but obviously, the bigger picture was for Brock to win it eventually, thus, putting the title on Bray would have been pointless long term, even though I feel it would have made for good TV.

Since then, his booking has been weak,lMO, and he has lost some the momentum he built during the feud with Cena(I had no problem with him being defeated by Cena after much thought, tbh. That feud still did interest me infinitely more than this one with Y2J has).

As JH has said; This current IC title push for Ziggler has seen him also, get some much needed momentum as of late, and a good long feud with the Wyatt family, given Dolph Ziggler's skillset would be a good direction to go in for both guys.

Also....ditto on Rusev vs Sheamus. That absolutely has to happen soon enough. It is a story and match-up that writes itself,lMO.

Bray and Rusev are similar in that they are playing Heel gimmicks which can only gain the correct heat level by being fed worthy opponents as they go along. When they eventually reach a certain level, then and only then, should they go up against Main Event talent in a long programme which would see the WWE Universe WANT these Heels to be defeated.

To that end, Rusev has thus far, been handled slightly better than Bray Wyatt family, who I think were put against high calibre opposition a bit too soon. Hopefully a feud with Ziggler will help both guys going forward.

Every one of Wyatt's feuds have seemed to start on awesome, then the next week it's like they have no idea what they are doing with his storylines anymore and it goes on autopilot. I was hyped to see him and Y2J go at it, but after the Wyatt family beat down of him, by the time we got to battleground and summerslam I completely forgot they were feuding. I don't know if Jericho was phoning it in this last run or what but I expect better of him. Although there were rumors that Jericho didn't have any creative control with his feud this time around so if that's true I understand completely.

I am personally not a fan of Ziggler, but I can't deny his popularity on here and apparently amongst the live audiences. Do I think he is the best choice for Wyatt? No, but simply because I think their storyline would be the same as all of Wyatt's so far. "You claim you are a hero and savior and I am going to prove you are a phony." Not an exact quote but that sums up Bray's feuds with Jericho and Cena and Bryan. His idea is he wants his opponents to see the world as he does and to bring out their monsters. I don't see Ziggler meshing well with that as he has nothing to work off of and anything he could say in response to that would sound out of left field because hes never been the "hero" so to speak.

I have been wrong before and think the matches have potential so we will see.

Tbh, it is not just that Wyatt's message is getting old.
More like, he talks the talk, but at the end of all his feuds, he has never walked the walk, so to speak.

It begs the question:
Is Bray Wyatt just an Upper Mid-Card Heel in the WWE's eyes?
I say so because, there are so much things, a normal fan like myself can think of, that would make Bray Wyatt one of the Top Heels in the WWE going forward. Too much untapped potential in the gimmick that is being wasted away by Creative...

IMO, they can do whatever they want with the title until Barrett comes back.
Dude is probably the best on the mic since the Rock or Jericho.
Just counting the days until the IC champ is out in the ring boasting and Barrett comes back and tells them that he's afraid he's got some bad news for them.

I agree that this seems like a demotion, or a consolation prize for Bray to move from being a world contender to an IC title contender.

Dolph Ziggler deserves better than to be jobbed out to Bray Wyatt. Have Wyatt go after Sheamus, their styles would work better together and Sheamus would have a better chance of getting a good match out of Wyatt do to their more compatible styles. Ziggler is the better wrestler but he works better with technical wrestling, not brawling. Keep Bray Wyatt away from Dolph Ziggler.

I think it's a great move if the rumor is true. It just doesn't make sense for Rusev to not be competing for the US Championship.

Ziggler/Wyatt should put on some great matches.

Sheamus/Wyatt would be a poor man's Wyatt/Cena. Sheamus isn't as good as Cena on the mic and like Cena, his style is similar to Wyatt. Wyatt seems to put on better matches with smaller, agile wrestler which fits Ziggler's description.

I'm trying to look at this positively and look at it as two popular and over guys who could potentially give the IC title some sort of relevance again. Though considering they've never portrayed Bray as interested in any title, I'm curious as to how they'll build this feud up. But yeah, it does give the sense of a demotion, I just hope both guys can turn it into something epic. It's to the benefit of both wrestlers if they put on some killer matches and get us excited for the feud. :)

I'm trying to look at this positively and look at it as two popular and over guys who could potentially give the IC title some sort of relevance again. Though considering they've never portrayed Bray as interested in any title, I'm curious as to how they'll build this feud up. But yeah, it does give the sense of a demotion, I just hope both guys can turn it into something epic. It's to the benefit of both wrestlers if they put on some killer matches and get us excited for the feud. :)

Right now the Intercontinental Championship is more relevant than it has been in years, ever since Extreme Rules of this year it's been on fire. It's been contested for in awesome matches, and currently feuding over it are a former 2-Time World Heavyweight Champion and a former WWE Champion who headlined a WrestleMania. The IC title is doing just fine. A Ziggler/Wyatt feud is a demotion for Ziggler, not Wyatt.

Right now the Intercontinental Championship is more relevant than it has been in years, ever since Extreme Rules of this year it's been on fire. It's been contested for in awesome matches, and currently feuding over it are a former 2-Time World Heavyweight Champion and a former WWE Champion who headlined a WrestleMania. The IC title is doing just fine. A Ziggler/Wyatt feud is a demotion for Ziggler, not Wyatt.

I do agree it's in a much better spot than it was, though anything is better than Big E's title reign, eesh. But you lost me on the last sentence.

To me at least, the potential surrounding a well booked Ziggler/Wyatt feud is frighteningly good. Miz and Ziggler has been ok, but I think you're bigging it up a little too much. Talking about Miz's previous accolades means little in his current situation of irrelevance as a chicken sh*t heel who hasn't really posed much of a threat to Ziggler since losing the title to him.

Right now, some fans are crying out for Wyatt to get back the spark that's kinda gone awol the last few months since the Cena feud. Jericho's done what he could, and that last cage match they had together was very entertaining. On the other side, some fans are also crying out for Ziggler to gain a bigger role in the company, get this push up the card etc. Two talented workers, both can work the mic (yes, Ziggler can cut promos) and a whole load of momentum to build up for both guys. If they're both hungry for it, they can make this the biggest and best thing to happen to the IC title since...well I don't even know. In this current guise, I think Wyatt will gain a much bigger amount of steam than The Miz ever can. Sorry, Miz fans, just the way it is now. Give me Bray Wyatt over him every single time.

I see potential in this feud. If WWE give them the ball, they'll roll with it.

I think I brought this up in another thread, but from a promo/feud standpoint, Wyatt/Ziggler might be kind of interesting. Ziggler's the kind of flashy, showy entertainer and showoff that Wyatt thinks has no substance and no soul. Ziggler, on the other hand, is all about giving the WWE Universe what they want, and not what they need, like he feels Wyatt does.

The issue with building Wyatt is that titles don't make a lot of sense for his character to chase. He's worked well with Ziggler (who hasn't?) in the past. I love the idea of the two of them getting into a program.

I keep waiting for Wyatt to be in a title match where he wins cleanly, but walks away from the title. Just makes a lot of sense. So even with Ziggler and Miz still spooling up, I think there's a great fit here.

Have Wyatt and Zigler start up, with Miz still in the mix. You get Ziggler fighting on both sides, giving plenty of chances for him to look good (and to make them look good), but losing out in the numbers game. I would love to see it lead to a TLC match (or just a ladder match would work) with Wyatt, have Ziggler beaten soundly, have Wyatt go up the ladder, grab the belt, then leave it there and walk away. You can have Miz run down and take the strap, keeping their feud going after the end of Ziggler/Wyatt. Good matches, a different way to end it, and advancement for all of them. (You can even have Ziggler getting more aggressive, which Wyatt seems to want for everyone to do.)

Another thought on this. If the match was a three way, then Wyatt can walk away and Miz can take the belt, keeping the program going with Ziggler. (Remember when feuds would last for months? Those were good times.)

That plants the idea that Wyatt can chase a title without wanting it, just wanting to take out the holder. We he gets to a main event program, it opens the door for him to win the belt, then vacate it, which opens up a lot of possible storylines. Maybe his drive is that there should be no champion. Anyone gets the belt then becomes his focus, and he basically plays the spoiler as needed.

Bray Wyatt is a top heel in every way possible except with no push. No doubt him and Ziggler would have a great feud. He could start talking all his "truth" and Ziggler could make fun of it. They could do it every week and keep coming up with funny or entertaining stuff, and it would be a while before it got old.

Bray is not yet getting the respect he deserves, far too much top heel attention is going to the authority and their 3 soldiers, kane, rollins, and orton. They are getting main event caliber matches, and are far less entertaining with their mic skills. If he does take the IC title it will be great for him. And I hope it will set up a feud with a returning Bad News Barrett, imagine the hilarious and creepy promos those two could cut as rivals.

Bray Wyatt is a top heel in every way possible except with no push. No doubt him and Ziggler would have a great feud. He could start talking all his "truth" and Ziggler could make fun of it. They could do it every week and keep coming up with funny or entertaining stuff, and it would be a while before it got old.

Bray is not yet getting the respect he deserves, far too much top heel attention is going to the authority and their 3 soldiers, kane, rollins, and orton. They are getting main event caliber matches, and are far less entertaining with their mic skills. If he does take the IC title it will be great for him. And I hope it will set up a feud with a returning Bad News Barrett, imagine the hilarious and creepy promos those two could cut as rivals.

Bray Wyatt is a midcard talent. He's not getting the respect he deserves? What respect does he deserve? What has he done to earn it? He's a god-awful wrestler who cuts some of the worst promos in wrestling history. He's INSANELY overrated by the IWC. His whole group should be sent back to developmental, if not outright released. None of them are worth a damn.

Bray Wyatt is a midcard talent. He's not getting the respect he deserves? What respect does he deserve? What has he done to earn it? He's a god-awful wrestler who cuts some of the worst promos in wrestling history. He's INSANELY overrated by the IWC. His whole group should be sent back to developmental, if not outright released. None of them are worth a damn.

You have absolutely no idea what it means to be a good professional wrestler. This isn't an opinion, this is a fact that you've clearly demonstrated during the course of your existence on these forums. Go ahead and tell me exactly why you think that Bray is a bad wrestler and speaker and I will show you why you're wrong.

I'm not thrilled with this idea, Ziggler is a massive step-down from where Wyatt has been lately but if it's going to elevate both guys, I'm fine with it. I'm especially fine with it if they're going to go to stick him in a feud with The Big Show as an alternative. It could be a good stepping stone for him but with their flip-floppy booking as of late, I fear that they'll end up giving Big Show a clean win and kill Wyatt's momentum off once and for all.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but please give me Ziggler.

You have absolutely no idea what it means to be a good professional wrestler. This isn't an opinion, this is a fact that you've clearly demonstrated during the course of your existence on these forums. Go ahead and tell me exactly why you think that Bray is a bad wrestler and speaker and I will show you why you're wrong.

He can't work a match, he has no sense of timing or ring psychology, and even the top wrestlers in the company can barely get a mediocre match out of him. When you can't have a great match with Chris Jericho, there's something wrong there. His promos are repetitive and boring, his accent (or inflection, to be more accurate) is ripped off from B-movies, and his "creepy" mannerisms in the ring just come across as goofy and idiotic. He's the bastard love child of Mordecai and Kizarny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back