Raw LD 10/4 - Cena is associated with the "N" word again, but this time it's "NEXUS."

Is it me or was this episode just the Cena/Nexus story with a couple of squashes and a lot of commercials? It wasn't bad but they made Bryan look horrible (complete with name plate hanging off) and the whole Flawless mic thing was annoying.

The GM thing was silly. The fuck does he care what happens within Nexus with Cena? Didnt Nexus stage a hostile takeover of RAW?

I'm catching up on Raw and even I don't get the point of crushing Bryan like that. There wasn't a lower card jobber to do that to? If he wasn't US Champion I could get that but damn man.

That was the only dark spot on the show for me. Sapped the energy I had right out of me. I mean, if came back during the battle royal and I could still enjoy the show, but damn. Couldn't he have done that to Yoshi Tatsu or someone? Unless this is leading to a Bryan v. Sheamus program...that would make it worth it.

Nothing "dark" about it. It made Sheamus look like a beast. So what if Bryan got a big win last night. Sheamus needed a strong victim and Bryan was the guy.

I loved that angle.

But he's the US Champion, who had just come off of a big title defense. I suppose it could make Sheamus more hated and Bryan more loved, but couldn't he at least have gotten an entrance? Maybe an interview later in the night?

Since when has the US Championship taken precedence over the world title and it's top contenders?? I know you want it to be important now that Bryan holds it, but reality is that it's not as important as you want it to be.

The thing is, yes we all know that there's a gulf between the US Championship and the WWE Championship, but did they really have to show it that way? I'm not complaining about Sheamus kneeing Bryan and causing the DQ because that was done in a way to make Sheamus look like he caught Bryan off guard and just felt like hurting people. I AM complaining about the fact that Bryan didn't even get a PIP interview or even an entrance! Great way to show off a champion...

And as for the interview, they've done interviews with "hurt" superstars before. It's easy: Josh goes up to Bryan near the end of the show, maybe about when they were doing all those recaps. Bryan is icing his head. Josh asks him what he thought of that attack. Bryan says words to the effect of "Sheamus is the real deal, he caught me up and his rage helped him to the victory. But I want a rematch next week". Not hard.

The thing is, yes we all know that there's a gulf between the US Championship and the WWE Championship, but did they really have to show it that way? I'm not complaining about Sheamus kneeing Bryan and causing the DQ because that was done in a way to make Sheamus look like he caught Bryan off guard and just felt like hurting people. I AM complaining about the fact that Bryan didn't even get a PIP interview or even an entrance! Great way to show off a champion...

This happened to Sheamus when he was WWE champion. Did that degrade him, too?

I see your argument but it's always going to come across like it's from a fanboy's point of view. Big deal if ONE televised show doesn't have him coming out strong. No one is going to look down on him. Bryan's popularity will shine through and he'll probably get more cheers for coming back from said beating.

And as for the interview, they've done interviews with "hurt" superstars before. It's easy: Josh goes up to Bryan near the end of the show, maybe about when they were doing all those recaps. Bryan is icing his head. Josh asks him what he thought of that attack. Bryan says words to the effect of "Sheamus is the real deal, he caught me up and his rage helped him to the victory. But I want a rematch next week". Not hard.

Once again, it's redundant. I'd rather have him sell the injury WITHOUT interview which makes Sheamus look like more of a monster. It's more important to get the world title contenders over since they are the ones that sell tickets. Besides, I can totally see a rematch next week, a Bryan comeback, and everything you dreamed of, all without any changes to last night's segment that made Sheamus look like he's leagues above the midcard.

Again, if that happens I will take that back. And of course I sound like a fanboy; I am one. ;)

You know me, I'm a "Let's see where this goes" kind of guy. I am just saying that at the time I didn't like to see my favorite superstar not even get an entrance.

I have a feeling it will, Doc. There's a reason for everything in WWE these days. you have to always admit that. Bryan will have his revenge, or opportunity for said revenge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back