RAW Commentary

Don't be shocked if the WWE has the former tag champs attack Jerry Lawler on TV someday soon. They have used this technique in the past to build heat on guys that were otherwise stale. As far as CM Punk goes, Lawler may be used in that angle due to his dislike of Paul Heyman...it wasn;t too long ago that CM Punk stated he was a Paul Heyman guy and there was alot of heat between Lawler and Heyman in the past...so who knows if they will try and tie that in somehow. The one thing that is certain is that Lawler is being told to either shoot or he is being told to make comments negative towards these guys for a reason. Vince is in total control....you can guarantee that.

THANK YOU! thatwhy i posted this thread. We all know Vince has alot to do with 75 percent of the commentary that goes out and u r the 1st one that said you wouldnt be suprised if otungacutty attacl Lawler on Raw. my whole point was exactly what u said. There is a reason Lawler is shooting on theses guys and the reason would be that Vince or Hunter have something planned down the line for either Otungacutty or Punk with some sort of tie in with Lawler!!!

I'm sorry but the answer to this thread is, WWE are revamping the tag team division, Lawler is trying to get Bourne/Kofi over big time as a new appeal of a better tag team division.

You spoke about his comments about Punk, You have got to think to yourself, Lawler and the Commentary team are still very pro-cena. Lawler is probably being made out to be Cena's biggest fan and so if Punk vs Cena is on, Lawler is going to side with Cena. And remember, Punk is involved in a rivalry with HHH who at the moment is a fully fledged face so Lawler has to keep playing fair.

Also another small note about Lawlers commentary on monday night. Remember when during Miz and Truth's promo when they were dissing canadians, Lawler didn't say anything like "that's not right", instead he was making fun of them to saying, "yall need to throw in a AY every now n then".Just a small note.

King is probably bitter from the whole... "Even on commentary, no one can touch me!"... The truth hurts (that should be Kofi's new slogan BTW), Jerry's realized he's bland nowadays so he's just taking it out on guy's he has beaf against.

I think Lawler's comments about the former tag team champs have been directed at trying to churn interest in a dead division. it's widely regarded that WWE is planning on focusing more content in the tag team division and it seems likely that Lawler's comments are being used to try and generate some interest in that area again. As far as the Punk stuff goes, I think it's just Lawler being the heel commentator amongst JR and Cole. It's been Lawler's history, not recently mind you, to go against what the main commentator is advocating. I think it's a great tactic by WWE to start allowing Lawler to get back into his heel character. He's always been a better heel color guy than a face color guy. Should make for interesting commentary going forward.

To the people who are saying Vince is in "Lawler's ears" I actually heard in a radio interview with Dave Meltzer that Lawler is the only commentator that Vince is "scared of yelling at" because of the fact that Lawler has a lot of money and doesn't care about his job and the only reason he does it is for extra money. So if that's true then I think Lawler is very free in his commentating. I was very disappointed hearing his ridiculous comments last Monday night on Raw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back