CM Punk Has Joined The Raw Commentary Team!

CM Punk; Play-by-Play or Wrestling

• Wrestling

• Play-by-Play

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mitch Henessey

Deploy the cow-catcher......
Staff member
Tonight on Raw Michael Cole introduced CM Punk as the newest member of the Raw commentary team. I think this is great. Punk can't wrestle as of now, and I think this is a perfect way of giving him something to do until he can recover from his injury. Jerry Lawler has been stale on commentary for years, and this can be a good way of giving us something fresh on Monday nights as far as commentary goes.

We all know this won't be permanent, but I'm looking forward to Punk's brief tenure on commentary. Punk can be witty, he speaks very well, and he can be a damn good heel commentator.

Are you excited about Punk joining the Raw commentary team?

I think that CM Punk being on Commentary is a Great way to keep him on TV while he's injured. Punk is a phenomenal commentator and he's been Great on commentary tonight. I'm glad that he will be on commentary for the foreseeable Future.

He's already making me laugh more than i've laughed in quite a long time...

Btw Cena's turning heel tonight... He's gonna screw Randy Orton outta the title tonight...

Fantastic way to keep Punk relevant. Really unfortunate that he got hurt so early into his Raw return but having Punk on Raw will make the show that much more fun to watch. Although I'm not sure on how two 3 man commentary teams is going to be effective.

Best part of the night. As John Cena is walking out after his spech they show a woman in the crowd about to cry. In the back around you can barely hear Punk clearly laughing at the woman. hahaha.

I love how he is "heel announcing" everyone. The faces, heels, divas. This is absolutely fantastic!!!

did anyone else catch Punks jab at Alex Riley's recent DUI arrest.... Riley in ring trying to wrestle big Zeke and punk says "is he under the influence!!!!" Freakin Hysterical!!!! gonna be a good asset to the team i believe... has made it more interesting listening to raw tonite, thats for sure

To me Cole is the tweener Lawler the face Punk the uber heel and I like it it reminds me of Vince Lawler and Ross back in the day.

He reminds me almost of a heel J R . He is very intent on keeping the commentary about the in ring action, but unlike J R supports all the heels. It is definatly an intresting, and enjoyable combination, and really connects the commentary to the match. Something it has definatly lacked with just cole and lawer on commentary.

Punk being on commentary is a great idea. Like others have stated it is a great way to keep him on tv while injured. He's made it a more entertaining show with his smart ass remarks.

Punk is hilarious as a commentator. And Miz becoming champion tonight is definitely going to make me start looking forward to viewing RAW again on Mondays

Well in the midst of many things happening on RAW that I DON'T agree with, I am totally pumped that they got Punk behind the announce table while he recovers from his injury. Finally, something was staring WWE in the face, and for once, they didn't overlook it. Punk announced on Diva's NXT a while back and actually entertained me enough that I watched the entire episode (and subsequently never watched it again since he didn't return). I was blown away by how great he is with a headset on. He is the best heel announcer in years. This guy must be good at everything. I'm so glad they recognized this opportunity to use him. Meanwhile they put a world title on a guy like the Miz, but hey, at least they did one thing right.

I think Punk on commentary is a damn good move, he's very good talking and as a heel commentator makes the match look important but he's also very hilarious just hear him from on this week's RAW, so many quotable lines. But its a very good way to keep him on tv while he's recovering.

Like mentioned before, when they showed the girl crying and you can hear CM Punk laugh, me and my friends were laughing so hard.

Also, the part where Alex Riley came out and said that he'd be fighting for The Miz tonight against Ezekiel Jackson, CM Punk blurted "What, is he under the influence or something?" Absolutely loved that comment.

CM Punk is going to be a good addition to the commentary, allowing him not to be forgotten while he rests.

I wonder if they will have Cole leave raw and next and focus on SD! now that Punk will be at the commentary table for at least 3 months. Overall he is a good addition to the commentary team and him taking the piss outta Cole is funny.

Anyone would agree CM Punk is absolutely entertaining. He of course made me laugh tonight as well. I mentioned in another thread how I loved how he was poking fun of the divas. I wish I could personally thank him for saying that Eve couldn't dance, because well...she can't. Also I knew it was coming when he did the little comments on Alex Riley. That right there was gold. It's a shame if people who don't read up on what goes on outside of the ring heard that comment and don't get the joke behind it. He also makes me regret not watching his commentary on the latest woman's NXT. I heard he was hysterical.

This would be great for him staying to do commentary. Although I think I hope to see CM Punk doing commentary on Smackdown as well, although I doubt that happening.

This is great news, Punks commentary is golden, almost to the level of Jerichos. This is the perfect way to keep Punk relevant while he is unable to compete physically and when the time comes for Punks ring return he can pull a JBL and attack someone who is on their way to the ring or mid match when they are not expecting it (preferably Bryan).

Punk owned it tonight! I think he'll only get better as the weeks go by. Beyond the one-liners that some have already mentioned...I thought it was fantastic when he stole Coles "vintage" line! I forget the match- but Cole even called him out for doing it.

RAW tonight was made multiple times more entertaining because CM Punk had a live mic in front of him for most of the show. Cant wait for next week.

Obviously we would all much rather see him compete. Of course that's out of the question. That said, this is a fantastic way to keep Punk from losing relevance while injured. Punk is arguably the best mic worker in WWE today. When he speaks, his lines sound fluid and natural as opposed to forced and sounding as if they're read from a script. As a heel, he is absolutely hilarious on the mic and on commentary. Needless to say, until he returns to active competition this is the perfect position for Punk right now.

Smart move by the WWE for many reasons.

1) Punk is funny in his own way- King makes some pretty good jokes, like last night how he said he asked Tyson Kidd who is barber was just to make sure he never went to him. Some people (not me) find Cole funny in how much of a dick he is. Punk is a mixture of both, making fun of other people and by being a dick, but also in giving his own bizarre opinions and knowledge.

2) Punk gives a current wrestlers insight- King and Striker both attempt to do this, but King is too old school and Striker hasn't really wrestled in years. Punk knows what it's like to be in the ring with some of these guys and that has to help him on commentary when talking about the wrestlers' styles and talents.

3) Punk concentrates more on the match while King and Cole concentrate on the story- At many points last night Punk called out King and Cole for talking about the drama outside the match but not on the drama within the match itself. This is not to say King and Cole shouldn't be talking about the storyline drama, it's just good to have someone who can bring out the drama in the ring as well. By the way, I said drama four times in two sentences. I know, I'm a horrible person.

4) Punk puts stuff over that King and Cole normally wouldn't- I thought this was exemplified during the Daniel Bryan-Ted DiBiase match when Punk said something along the lines of, "Guys, one of these guys might be the next King of the Ring!" Cole and King had failed to really make a big deal out of the qualifying matches up to that point, but Punk made a note to point out the gravity of the match.

Well considering he's injured and this is the solution to keeping him on-screen I'd say it's a pretty cool thing. CM Punk is entertaining, he's great on the microphone and overall he'd one of the few current wrestlers that would make an awesome commentator (Color commentator most likely).

CM Punk was entertaining last night, without being that face entertaining type of person. He was still the obvious heel that was playing off everybody, and I think that's what made it great. CM Punk has the ability to be insulting as hell, and to do it in an interesting way. This will add a lot of great things in the coming weeks to the RAW announce table I'm sure.

Seeing as I've found the Raw announce team to be lacklustre for a long time now this is great. Punk can talk and he makes interesting comments that got me interested and its also a brilliant way for him to stay relevant (maybe even seting up a fued for himself when he's healthy)

I am very excited about Punk joining the RAW commentary team. It would be nice for a change to have someone be able to trade witty banter with Michael Cole. I love the King, but he is just corny one liner's and bad jokes.

CM Punk's character has evolved as of late and the WWE is going to make the most out of things. Since he is sidelined with an injury, the move to the announce team is a tremendous way to utilize Punk's talents. Plain and simple, Punk is a great talker. He is knowledgeable, humorous, and does not ever miss a beat.

While I would much rather have Punk in the ring, I think this move is great given Punk's situation.

When Punk said "vintage" last night I broke out a huge smile. He is very subtle and made a good debut.

I agree completely! The RAW announce team has been in DESPERATE need of an overhaul ever since JR was removes IMO. They've gotten stale and boring. Ive NEVER like Michael Cole and I've always thought he belonged on the "B" show but IMO, bringing Punk to the table as a heel or face persona can only allow less time for Cole to run his mouth. FINALLY, a step in the right direction!

did anyone else catch Punks jab at Alex Riley's recent DUI arrest.... Riley in ring trying to wrestle big Zeke and punk says "is he under the influence!!!!" Freakin Hysterical!!!! gonna be a good asset to the team i believe... has made it more interesting listening to raw tonite, thats for sure

I sat there laughing at this for a good 5 minutes after it happened. Fucking hillarious. Also loved how you could clearly hear him laughing at the girl shown on camera after Cena left, and criticizing the divas wherever possible..haha. CM Punk is a fantastic addition to the announce team, and as has been said, good way to keep him relevant through his injury. Also just love the way he goes about commentating the matches, very enjoyable.

I sat there laughing at this for a good 5 minutes after it happened. Fucking hillarious. Also loved how you could clearly hear him laughing at the girl shown on camera after Cena left, and criticizing the divas wherever possible..haha. CM Punk is a fantastic addition to the announce team, and as has been said, good way to keep him relevant through his injury. Also just love the way he goes about commentating the matches, very enjoyable.

When all that was happening I ran to the bathroom to piss, I was laughing that hard. This guy is making RAW more less PG like with all the joke cracking. He's making it bearable to watch, thank god. This is a new era in WWE not Era of Awesome but my lord Era of Punk, to hear him everyweek bashing people will be a joy. When the girl was crying hearing CM Punk laugh his ass off to me was just icing on the cake literally made my fucking day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back