Randy Orton is the closest thing to Stone Cold

Formerly drewpost, Human Pop Can
Randy Orton is the closest thing to Stone Cold we will see for a while.

There is no doubt that Stone Cold carried the WWE during the “Monday Night Wars” and that the success of the WWE(F) during this time was mainly because of him. Austin was a heel that everyone cheered. People loved to see him beat up his boss, commit unspeakable acts, and stunner anyone and everyone that crossed his path.

Lately, when I look at Randy Orton, I see Austin like similarities. He is a heel. Even though he is getting a face push, he is still a heel. He had a feud with the boss and beat the holy hell out of him and the entire family, complete with punts. This wasn’t exactly like Austin’s feud w/ the McMahons, but go with me here.

Austin—Stunner Orton---RKO (diamond cutter; essentially a stunner)

Austin---Rattlesnake Orton---Viper

Both men have a ring presence that is powerful, stalk opponents in the ring, and use stomps.

Granted, Austin and Orton have very different speaking techniques, looks, and styles. But for my money, Orton can fill the role of Good Bad guy.

If there is indeed a new round of Monday Night Wars and TNA picks up steam in the ratings, the WWE will need to depend on Randy Orton to be the badass that is cheered.

So, do you think that Orton is the heir to the Austin type role?

Use Stomps? Aww come on.

Totally Different if you ask me, Both terrific wrestlers and entertainers, it ends about there.

Austins was Anti Authority, Stunning the Boss, Drinking Beer, Kicking ass, the American Hero. People connected with that, He wasnt a pure wrestler after his neck/knee's started going, but he was damn hell entertaining.

Orton is that type of sadistic wrestler, Decent moveset and is much more athletic and plays a different role

Both were awesome at building tension in a match, but in that sake you could say Orton is the next Rock/Flair Ect.

totally agree with Gerald Brisco, both different men. There is no one at this time similar to Austin and Idon't think there ever will be one. There is no one who can stun the boss, when I say stun, i also mean any other wrestling move.

Randy orton isn't andwon't be the closest thing to stone cold because he is randy orton and created his own legacy.

As for the monday night war, TNA are too far off from posing a threat.

actually i kind of agree, i think it was a couple of weeks ago while watching Orton, he was taunting his opponent and then bam, RKO out of the nowhere.. i kept thinking to myself that he reminded me of Austin..

even though orton is getting way over with the crowd now, he will NEVER be close to stone cold, no one will never be near stone cold, i have to agree orton is more like the rock, his mic work as a heel was a little bit like when rock was a heel, don't want to compare the two, because the rock on the mic was just awesome, but at this point in time it is cena=austin, orton=rock, as far as the way they are getting pushed in the company

I couldn't agree more with you. I remember thinking a couple weeks ago watching him team up with Cena against Thwagger and Batista, he is coming off like the new Stone Cold. Orton has his own act, but it's was how he just laid waste to everyone in the ring, if he had RKO'ed Cena too (I was kinda expecting him to) it would have been perfect. So yes, Orton could be the next SCSA.

I've definitely seen a lot of similarity's between the two. Austin would stun anyone and everyone. Orton will RKO anyone he wants. The rattlesnake and the viper nicknames, but that's where it ends. Orton has built his own legacy, and no one can ever be the next Austin.

I've actually seen the resemblance here and there over the past few months very well, the RKO does look a lot like a "modified" stunner so to say, and they were both tweener's and most importantly, they're both insanely over with the crowd.

Austins was Anti Authority,

So is Orton, going against Vince, and threatening to sue WWE during the Triple H feud in 2009, doesn't exactly scream "Mr authority at your service sir" to me.

Stunning the Boss,

Punting the boss? RKO'ing and DDT'ing the bosses daugther? handcuffing the bosses son in law? Punting the bosses son?

Drinking Beer,

Okay can't do that one.

Kicking ass

Orton is kicking ass too, it's called fighting, and he's doing it pretty well just as Austin.

the American Hero.

He wasn't exactly an American Hero if I remember right, he was more of the common man standing up against the boss, which I prefer much rather than a Hulk Hogan like character.

plays a different role

Where exactly does the differences between Randy and Austin split role wise, other than the fact that it's common man vs 3rd generation superstar with temper problems, and two finishers.

Both were awesome at building tension in a match, but in that sake you could say Orton is the next Rock/Flair Ect.

Flair and The Rock are completely different from Orton, mostly because of one thing, the mic skills, Orton is fine on the mic that's not the thing, but he's no Ric Flair or The Rock.

I can't help but agree to some extent. Both have different backgrounds and moveset but in essence they're similar, but I wouldn't say Orton is this generations Austin, Austin was a one of a kind character. Orton is anti-authority, punting Vince, Spike DDTing Steph, taking out Shane (I know he handcuffed and eventually punted HHH as well but for kayfabe sakes he isn't really authority) Yeah back in Attitude Era there was a lot more freedom but Orton isn't that restricted. He plays his tweener role incredibly well. What face would go to RKO the face of the company? Yes it was reversed and ultimately landed an RKO on the World Champ whose a heel yet doesn't generate enough to be considered the top heel yet but still, he's a heel. And in some way the RKO/SCS are similar, but only in how they can strike any moment with the move. Nicknames, Viper, Rattlesnake, both types of snake. Gimmick wise, nope, Orton is very sadistic and calculating whereas Austin is/was the badass beer bashing and Vince-stunnering type of guy.

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STOP! STOP! STOP!

There is no comparison, never will be. Please stop! Orton never was, never will be Austin.

The greatest overall performers ever: HBK, Taker, Austin, Rock, Hogan, Flair.

Everyone else including Perparation H (I mean HHH) is underneath them.

And don't even DARE to spit in the face of wrestling but putting and TNA shit bags like Sloppy Joe, The "UN"pheonominal AJ Styles, or Jerk Off JJ Jeff Jarrett on any list other than the list of useless untalented wanna bees.

Well, I shouldn't be so hard on them because when your company is run by a woman (who we all know do not belong in business in any capacity unless they are secretaries servicing thier boss), what can you expect other than a pathetic display.

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STOP! STOP! STOP!

There is no comparison, never will be. Please stop! Orton never was, never will be Austin.

The greatest overall performers ever: HBK, Taker, Austin, Rock, Hogan, Flair.

Everyone else including Perparation H (I mean HHH) is underneath them.

And don't even DARE to spit in the face of wrestling but putting and TNA shit bags like Sloppy Joe, The "UN"pheonominal AJ Styles, or Jerk Off JJ Jeff Jarrett on any list other than the list of useless untalented wanna bees.

Well, I shouldn't be so hard on them because when your company is run by a woman (who we all know do not belong in business in any capacity unless they are secretaries servicing thier boss), what can you expect other than a pathetic display.

Despite your bad spelling, I was still quite entertained and totally agree with you. I mean I love the attitude era. I'm 30 years old. I was 17 back then, it was great, but it's over. There is only one Rock and one Stone Cold.

Sorry but no, eventhough Orton and Austin have certain similarities but the characters are really apart from each other.

While they have both feuding with Vince, like almost every other big name in the Company including John Cena, their feud was actually making Vince going into a face direction, something that actually din't make sence because Vince was still a heel to everyone else.

While he is now kind of a tweener, which he is not because right now he is a face with a bad attitude, he has been like you said pushed as a face and does now a lot things that faces do, now he shows respect to his faces counter parts like HHH or John Cena. Back in the day Austin didn't showed respect to anyone, even those who could apparently take him down, even betraying the Entire company during the "Invasion" angle, a lot of people asked why but that was totally what Stone Cold was all about, D. T. A.

Orton is methodic and Austin was all about the Adrenaline rush, their speeds are completely different in comparison, evne if the finisher has similar characteristics, the way to get there was usually way different.

Austin also was someone that for some reason has a way to connect with people that none else has, Orton in his own right has a way to connect with people but with Austin was so easy that you still here "What?" chants to these day, and some people today does not even know what that was all about.

Orton is different but in a good way and that is what I thing is a positive thing, I mean a lot of people are looking for the next "Hogan", or the Next "Austin" but what the cool thing is that also for the way Randy goes you have a guy who has his own style too.

Hope that at somepoint TNA get better because that helps everyone to get better, and in reality I think Vince wants that too, to get himself in a good fight, but as for right now, the role that Stone Cold played was really unique and I don't think Orton or anyone else for this matter can be seen on that light again.

I was always reading these threads and people compare Orton and Austin and I was always wondering why??I honestly dont see it however the rattlesnake and viper thing gimmick or whatever, I never noticed it lol. I think that Orton is Orton PERIOD. he is the best of this generation (sorry Cena fans, between Hogan and Flair Flair wins, same for RKO) and YES BY GOD YES HE IS A TOTAL BAD ASS but in different way than stone cold I think its he is a little bit more like HHH but thats another point. oh and for the record I dont know who said it but if Orton isnt like Austin, Cena CANT BE ANY SIMILAR TO AUSTIN ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME???!!!NO FUCKING WAY CENA IS LIKE AUTIN!!!!!OMFG!!!!!!!!!!

In my opinion, Orton and Austin only have one thing in common...the way the crowd reacts toward them.

Austin was just a guy who liked to fight. He liked to raise hell, and make his boss miserable. His character was someone you wanted to be like. Randy Orton is sadistic, calculated, and mean. And I love it. Orton is much more methodical than Austin was. Austin went off instinct alone, while Orton seems to always have a plan.

But the crowd reaction Orton is getting right now is very similiar to the one Austin recieved in 1997. In 1997, Austin was still a full-blown heel, doing heel things. The only difference was, he was going those things to another heel (Bret Hart). Eventually, Austin became so popular, it didn't matter who he did it to, he still got a gigantic pop. Orton is headed in that same direction.

But outside of the crowd reaction, there are no similarities. Austin was a brawler who could wrestle. An "every man" if you will. Orton is a polished, fine-tuned athlete. Austin had to scratch and crawl for everything he got. Orton was a 3rd generation superstar, who was destined for greatness. There just are not very many similarities.

The Stunner and RKO are not similiar either. There was no build up for the Stunner, it would just happen. Orton doesn't usually hit the RKO when he pounds the mat, but that is just another example of how calculated Orton is in comparison to Steve Austin. The RKO is also a much more athletic move. Orton has to jump to a good height to really nail the move.

But the question is whether or not Orton is the closest thing to Austin we have. Yes, he is. He is a bad ass, and the crowd loves him for it. He doesn't pander to children, he's not PG, and that goes a long way with males age 15-40 (especially during this PG era). This is the kind of guy I have been waiting for. Goody-goody wrestlers like Cena and Mysterio bore me. I need to root for someone with an edge, and Orton has that. He is no Steve Austin, and shouldn't try to be. But he is the closest thing we have to that kind of character right now, and I hope it continues.

I swear this was my point on the Randy Orton is a face thread, but I guess it means other people see it too and thus I'm not imagining it.

No, he's not a dead-on replica of him, but in this modern era of the WWE, things are very different to when he was around, so he's the modern equivalent as Cena is the equivalent to The Rock. No, Cena is not as good as The Rock, but he is the closest that the WWE has to him today, and to that same end Randy Orton is the closest thing to Steve Austin we're going to get without beers and middle fingers and cursing.

The reason Austin was more popular than The Rock is because he didn't try as hard to be popular. Austin didn't smile and demand justice and praise the fans. There were elements of "do the right thing", but he didn't mold himself as a defender of all that was good in wrestling. He turned up, he kicked the other guy's ass, he left.

Now if you fast forward to 2010, Cena kisses the crowd's asses more then The Rock ever did, but he is still following his career path. Meanwhile, Orton appears to be more popular, or at least from one city to another over the last few months. Why? Because Orton doesn't ask for the fans' love or respect. He turns up, he kicks the other guy's ass, he leaves.

Let me reiterate at this point that I'm not saying either man is a dead-on replica of Rock and Austin, because nobody wants an exact copy of any wrestler because then you're just plagiarizing. Also, with the different times, all things in wrestling have been warped.

Orton emulates Austin's rebellious get the job done mentality. He doesn't listen to orders, he doesn't pretend he's buddies with the faces, he just has less hatred for them. How many times did Austin Stunner The Rock or Undertaker or any other face for that matter? Far more times than The Rock hit the Rock Bottom on a good guy. Now look at Orton's attempted RKO on Cena that ended up being hit on Swagger instead. It's the same thing. It wasn't done out of vile hatred for Cena, it was a way of putting him on notice and saying "Just because I'm not trying to destroy you every week anymore, we're not friends, I'm in this for myself."

That was the thing, Austin just did whatever he wanted and sometimes there was no traditional wrestling logic to it, he was just in business for himself and the fans loved it. Orton is the same, he'll attack seemingly anyone and forge alliances when it benefits him, but at the end of the day he's all about himself.

Both men work a primarily brawling style. Yes, Orton is a better athlete and does the big dropkick and such, and Austin was a better scientific wrestler and worked body parts more, but their bread and butter is in striking, and often. Both men welcome a knock-down drag-out fight. Both men have a finisher that can be hit on any opponent of any size from almost any situation and you believe that it would put them away. Both men stalk their opponent before hitting it. Hell, the moves are similar in execution.

Austin was Stone Cold. He based his character on a serial killer. He had no sympathy or compassion for anyone. He rarely came to people's aid, unless the attacker was his enemy and he just wanted to get a piece for himself. He would lay waste to an opponent with a chair. He wouldn't stop attacking if the opponent was injured. He was in it to beat you half to death.

Orton's character is based on a psycho. He portrays a slightly deranged guy who is hell-bent on defeating the other wrestler. The mad eyes, the cold, heartless mentality. He preys on weakness, stomps the hell out of you, and has been known to go to town with a weapon.

Rattlesnake, Viper, coincidental, but it helps add to the analogy.

The very top faces in the company are never afraid of Vince. Undertaker, Austin, The Rock. None of them were intimidated by his power. But Austin waged a war on Vince whereas the other two just didn't back down from him. Rock only feuded with Vince due to his connection with Triple H. Austin's war was with Vince and Vince threw obstacles in his path.

Cena has been known to get in Vince's face over his career but I would argue that's more because of his Captain Justice gimmick where he must defend the forces of good at all costs. He delivered the F-U on Vince after his mock trial because he was the ultimate representation of good. Just like The Rock was the man to make Vince kiss Rikishi's ass. It was a one-off act. The closest Vince has come to a feud with Cena was when he defended Bret Hart, but even that was more about Bret than Cena.

Orton Punted Vince in the head, destroyed Shane, and DDT'd Stephanie. He went after Triple H because he was holding the McMahon Coat of Arms, the WWE Title. His war was with Vince. Granted, this didn't get him over as a face (although I'm pretty sure a lot of people enjoyed it), but the behavior was similar. Actually, Shane, Steph and HHH have all been portrayed as faces in recent times, whereas when Austin went after them, they were heels, so it was acceptable.

All in all, I just look at Orton's current character and it screams Austin. The way he arrives, raises hell, leaves. The way he wrestles. The way he's in it for himself. The way he is a face but never asks for their approval.

Austin is the greatest Anti-Hero wrestling has ever produced, and in my opinion, Orton has made a pretty damn good Anti-Hero in the last 6 months, and there doesn't appear to be any signs of that dying down anytime soon. I think the WWE have realized how to book him as a face without resorting to him smiling at the fans and kissing their asses, which as we know from his first title run, sucks.

There really is only one thing Orton and Austin have n common and it's that the crowd lovesthem for doing bad things. So to answer the quesion yes Orton is the closest thing the WWE has to Austin. However their characters are totally different. Austin is more like the average guy doin things to his boss that regular people wished they could. Orton on the other hand is a sadistic man and doesn't give a damn about anyone. Ausin plays to the crowd and Orton plays to himself.

I've heard this a lot, now those tow thigns are similarities, but theres no way orton could fill austin's shoes. Orton already has been in the wwe since 2002 and already has an established character, now i'm young but im pretty sure austin wasn't in wwe that long when he became the badass that we all know and love. Now orton is becoming a bit of a tweener now (or w/e you call between heel and face) and it seems that with the draft coming it would make sense if he went to smcakdown. we will see where we go from there.

Randy Orton is the closest thing to Stone Cold we will see for a while.

Perhaps, but if push comes to shove, there will never be another Austin. You just can't duplicate what that man did really, no way and no how. I get what you're saying, but Austin was a one of a kind superstar. The closest replica was probably David Schultz, though he was really before his time. Orton, right now, may be loved by the crowd as an anti-hero, but the characters are actually very different.

There is no doubt that Stone Cold carried the WWE during the “Monday Night Wars” and that the success of the WWE(F) during this time was mainly because of him.

Mainly? I vehemently disagree. Sure, he was the face of the company, but you're not giving nearly enough credit to the men that worked with them. A great face always needs a viable heel to work with, otherwise all that energy is taken out of the crowd. In a moment's notice, The Undertaker or Mankind could have worked as a face, and it would have made Austin less of a likeable character, really. Vince could have never been a face, but Austin needed a great heel to work with in the ring. And thankfully, he had multiple.

Austin was a heel that everyone cheered. People loved to see him beat up his boss, commit unspeakable acts, and stunner anyone and everyone that crossed his path.

But that was during 97, man, in a period where the WWE was in the dumps. Austin needed Vince in order to make their feud that much bigger.

Lately, when I look at Randy Orton, I see Austin like similarities. He is a heel. Even though he is getting a face push, he is still a heel. He had a feud with the boss and beat the holy hell out of him and the entire family, complete with punts. This wasn’t exactly like Austin’s feud w/ the McMahons, but go with me here.

I'm going with you, but first let me bring about this thought; While Austin can carry the show as the top face of the company, Randy Orton just can't. Seriously. Both need great heels, but Austin could have worked as the only face on Raw, and we'd still have watched every show. Randy Orton can't carry the company as the true face of the company. Cena can, Hogan and Austin could, but Orton just can't. The WWE tried this, albeit at a time Randy wasn't ready, in 2003, and he was resoundly not taken seriously. As long as Cena is around, Orton and Austin aren't the same. If anything, you'd have been better comparing Austin to Cena.

Austin—Stunner Orton---RKO (diamond cutter; essentially a stunner)

Austin---Rattlesnake Orton---Viper

The Ace Cutter and Diamond Cutter are similar, yes, and I'll also agree that the effect of both moves is their versatility.

Both men have a ring presence that is powerful

Well, so does Cena, really, and his presence is greater than Orton's.

stalk opponents in the ring, and use stomps.

Austin never really stalked; he was like a bull in a china shop. There's a reason it was called "'stopping a mud hole and walking it dry." Austin never really was that contemplative, he was just in your face, and really aggressive.

Granted, Austin and Orton have very different speaking techniques, looks, and styles. But for my money, Orton can fill the role of Good Bad guy.

Well, yes, but many other wrestlers can, too. Granted, the Pg era does limit what can be done, but you're right, Austin and Orton play anti-heroes. However, that's about the stretch of the comparison, really.

If there is indeed a new round of Monday Night Wars and TNA picks up steam in the ratings, the WWE will need to depend on Randy Orton to be the badass that is cheered.

Except they have Cena already. As long as they have that, the WWE is perfectly fine.

So, do you think that Orton is the heir to the Austin type role?

As the new anti-hero? Somewhat. As the face of the company, like Austin was? Absolutely not. That's still John Cena.

On the mic I've always found Orton to be more of the Jake Roberts type. If anything just because he's got the deep voice and he doesn't really raise his voice. He shows more emotion than Jake did but he's got a similar style that I really like. Neither of them had to be over the top to get there point across.

As far as Orton being the next Austin, idk I don't care for the comparison myself. It's kinda like saying Austin was the next Hogan. I do feel that Orton is the best thing for this time just as Austin was the best for his.

There are similarities sure but something about comparing the two just doesn't fit.

They need not try to make Randy Orton another version of Austin. Let Randy Orton be Randy Orton and he'll be fine. I do kind of see how he's sort of like the anti-hero type right now, and I just hope that he stays that way and doesn't start pandering to the hypocrites. They might have something special with this guy right now, and he has the chance to finally become the second top guy in the company, which I don't really think he ever was until now. I don't think he will eclipse Cena but the reactions he's getting right now are awesome, and as long as they don't turn him into Orton circa 2004 I think this face run is going to be one of the best in a long time.

Oh, and the Jake "The Snake" comparison is probably a lot more accurate than the Austin one. He's never really been all that similar to Stone Cold outside of beating up his boss and like I said, possibly being the anti-hero of this generation.

The viper and the rattle snake comparison This is where I will compare stone cold steve Austin and the legend killer randy Orton they are so different but really the same in certain area

first off both stone cold and randy Orton both are called some sort of snake the rattle snake for Austin and the viper randy Orton both are snakes if no one noticed there finishers are very similar too the stunner Austin grabs the head and sits down the rko Orton does the exact same thing but he lays down with it they are almost identical. Another similarity is they both have the character as a bad ass Austin is more in your face and beats down every inch of you and Orton disects a certain part of your body. Yet another similarity is Austin and Orton have both been slaped by Stephanie McMahon remember when Austin was asking for a kiss and steph slaped him and not to long ago Orton was being serious and mocking Stephanie and he got slaped the night mr. McMahon got punted yet another similarity they both have characters that have problems with the mcmahons Orton punting vince and shane and RKO to steph and every Austin vince and shane skit and match and press conference they have ever had the hospital inncident ect.

NOW FOR SIMILAR RIVALS

I know what ur thinking a lot of people have faced the people Austin has faced and beat the same people Austin has beat but I still feel the need to mention it they have both had problems with triple h they have both beaten shawn micheals they have been involved with batista some way the undertaker shane Jericho kane Hogan I believe flair mkfoley Eddie big show the list goes on and on they have faced a lot of the same people there is a lot that they haven’t face but the people that stand out is that Austin has never faced cena and Orton has never faced rock unless you count the 3 on 2 hadi caped match batista flair and Orton vs. rock and sock connection but I don’t and Orton never faced bret hart but that’s the only 1’s that don’t stand out. CAREER PATHS Austin started in this bunees a long time ago and held the intercontinental title and slowly made his way to the world title picture Orton did similar was mid card in evolution held the intercontinental title and slowly made his way to the world title picture although Austin may have gotten there faster then Orton does not take any thing from Orton he got there and look at him now. He is the wwe next mega star in a lot of peoples opinion.

IN RING STYLE AND MIC SKILLS

Austin is by far a brawler and a damn good one at that he is not much for mat skills but I know he has used a submission at least one time but its obvious his real skill is brawling and that’s what he stuck with his entire career and it worked for him now Orton is an all around good wrestler and entertaining at that he has good mat skill and his ground and pound style works for him he is a good striker to he is a safe person to work with in the ring now for the mic skill both the rattle snake and the viper have great mic skill I will focus on the type of mic skill they have they both have a bad ass persona on the mic but in different ways Austin will gat loud in your face and make the crowd laugh at the same time as Orton will make you actually believe he will hurt you he doesn’t play to the crowd as much but his skill on the mic is very noticeable and besides Austin is a face and Orton is a heel and that’s where the real differences are.

APPEARANCES

Austin is bigger than randy not taller but more muscles ypu know Orton is very muscular but he isn’t Austin and im not saying Austin is lashley lesner or batista but he is pretty built they both have a bad ass image Austin is more of the redneck and Orton and more of the hey im going to cheat you outta your money and then me and debiase are going to jump yoou more of that uses his brian but in all in all thay both have the bad ass persona If you have any mor similarities that I don’t feel free to comment on my artle thanx for reading

Holy crap. I thought people stopped making threads like this in November. Oy.

Does Randy Orton have a shaved head? No.

Does Randy Orton use excessive profanity? No.

Does Randy Orton use cement mixers to demolish Corvettes? No.

Does Randy Orton have a catchphrase that is still used by many fans (What?) almost 10 years after its origin? No.

Does Randy Orton have punching bags with his image on them being given away in exchange for tickets at Putt Putt locations? No.

Does Randy Orton drink alcohol in excess in front of live audiences? No.

Is Randy Orton nearly as popular as Stone Cold Steve Austin ever was? No.

It's called "anti-hero." If you have been around......like ever......you'll notice this kind of figure in countless films. John Rambo, Han Solo, Jack Sparrow. "Good guys" who do "bad guy" things. It's not refreshing. It's not this mind-blowing new thing. It's called story.

Although they're two completely different characters, i agree that orton can fill the shoes of the bad good guy. i saw that in the tag match with cena, and the win over swagger on raw. he has that badass persona to him and he has the fueds to prove it. but stone cold did what he did so perfectly that its hard to think orton can ever be on his level.

even though orton is getting way over with the crowd now, he will NEVER be close to stone cold, no one will never be near stone cold, i have to agree orton is more like the rock, his mic work as a heel was a little bit like when rock was a heel, don't want to compare the two, because the rock on the mic was just awesome, but at this point in time it is cena=austin, orton=rock, as far as the way they are getting pushed in the company

While I dont think Orton is at Austins level I think he is more like Austin than Cena, cause the truth is Cena isnt anti authority enough, and thats what most peoples problem with him is, he was anti authority at one time. Orton just does what he wants like Stone Cold and I think thats what he was getting at.

As fot the nobody will ever be close to Austin comment, Thats what people used to say about Hogan, and as they always say, in the world of professional wrestling, never say never.

Sorry I have to disagree. I can't see any similarity between the two at all. Austin was very anti authority, and always looking for a reason to pull out a stunner on Vince McMahon. Orton on the other hand looks to McMahon for help with getting number one contender matches. Something Austin would do on his own.

Also Austin was loud and larger than life and you always knew when he was coming. Orton likes the sneaky approach and quite often ends up in the ring without no one even knowing he's arrived.

The biggest difference is that Austin was a one man wrecking crew, Orton has been a member of Evolution and for the last year had Legacy backing him up.

The only thing I can see that their both the same at is Austin was a great face, a natural, and Orton is a natural heel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back